The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holyfield finally broke?

+6
ShahenshahG
John Bloody Wayne
eddyfightfan
manos de piedra
rycoys
hampo17
10 posters

Go down

Holyfield finally broke? Empty Holyfield finally broke?

Post by hampo17 Tue 31 Jul 2012, 6:02 pm

Such sad news, shame how many boxers go this way.

http://www.juliensauctions.com

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Holyfield finally broke? Empty Re: Holyfield finally broke?

Post by rycoys Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:44 pm

How can he be sqint, has fought at high level in recent years ? Ha. He not been paid ?

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:19 pm

Id rather see him auction off his stuff than to fight on, all things considered. Hes done his health irreparable damage in my view. Anytime I have seen him speak in the last few years he looks punch drunk. Continuing to fight on at this stage must be taking years off his life.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:30 pm

i have little sympothy for any one who has made that amount of money over the years and cant afford to live comfortably and pay for his kids futures (granted that would cost a few quid with holyfield)

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:40 pm

I feel very bad for him.

He provided some truly exciting wars, often against men far bigger but he always won or went down swinging.

Just a year or two ago Hearns was doing the same, auctioning off his belts and robes.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:43 pm

stick $1 mill away somewhere and your sorted for live. im not taking away from holyfields boxing creditability, true great- but whats he spend several million pounds on?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:45 pm

Divorces and family residences mostly by gold diggers. Daft bumhole, should have had the snip and he would be sitting pretty right now

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:46 pm

eddyfightfan wrote: true great- but whats he spend several million pounds on?

Fairly sure fathering children with about 40 different women and shackling himself with alimony payments Donald Trump and Bill Gates would struggle to service has not helped him any.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:58 pm

I agree, no sympathy for him. Careless with his money, any other profession and nobody would care, but because he is a 'warrior' he deserves our sympathy?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:59 pm

then my sympathy has vanished completely.

to paraphrase jeremry kyle, "it you cant face the consequences the put something on the end of it"

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 31 Jul 2012, 9:04 pm

I think you are the one who needs our sympathy more Laugh Jeremy Kyle!

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Tue 31 Jul 2012, 9:42 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Id rather see him auction off his stuff than to fight on, all things considered. Hes done his health irreparable damage in my view. Anytime I have seen him speak in the last few years he looks punch drunk. Continuing to fight on at this stage must be taking years off his life.

He'll be 50 in a couple of months so we've surely seen him lace up the gloves for a final time.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 31 Jul 2012, 9:55 pm

I don't know what Holyfield's education was like. Maybe he was raised well and just didn't care enough to avoid these traps, but boxing history would be poorer without him. It's easy to watch the former cruiser go toe to toe with 6'5 230lb Riddick Bowe and get excited, but actually doing it took unimaginable strength of will. For that he has my respect.

I don't have pity for him because he doesn't need it, he's The Real Deal, Evanderrr HOOOOLYFIELD.

Hell, he's not even one of my favourite boxers of all time, he's simply earned the respect of boxing fans tenfold.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 01 Aug 2012, 1:00 am

should've made more effort to keep his man sausage in his pants. or simply read the instructions on the condom packet.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:02 am

Back when he became Lord of Everything by beating Tyson, the BBC went to his home to interview him. The entrance to his 70 BEDROOMED mansion was bigger than my house, front garden, driveway and back garden combined. You never got to see the house as the interview was only 20 minutes and it took that long to walk from the front door to the staircase

Who needs a house with 70 rooms?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:30 am

its for when he has the kids round.

its hard to feel sorry for him though, even if he went bankrupt gotta think he could make a decent living presenting, interviews, heck even a trainer or promoter or something.

all else fails there taking staff on at our call centre.... no? cant be that bad then.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Holyfield finally broke? Empty Holyfield

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:20 am

eddyfightfan wrote:its for when he has the kids round.

its hard to feel sorry for him though, even if he went bankrupt gotta think he could make a decent living presenting, interviews, heck even a trainer or promoter or something.

all else fails there taking staff on at our call centre.... no? cant be that bad then.

Holyfield...speaking...for money....really?

Couldn't see Holyfield as a trainer either. Despite his sound fundamentals and famed "triple jab" (copyright TRUSSMAN), Holyfield traded on heart, determination, a firm belief that God was looking out for him and, at the end, a refusal to admit that he should hang 'em up. I'm not sure many people would be suited to that particular method

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:24 am

if roy jones jr can get away with it. and i think you can even hire holyfield as a private trainer if youve got the money, film cameos etc. he can make a living anyways.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:29 am

The problem for a guy like Holyfield is when you are lumbered with the kind of alimony and child support payments he is what you or I would class as a a decent living is not going to cut it, lets be honest Evander could make a very good living on the meet and greet and memorabilia circuit, but thesad thing is a six figure income is probably not going to cut it for him, terrible pity.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:49 am

terribly irresponsible, how many kids does he actually have?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:51 am

DAVE667 wrote:
eddyfightfan wrote:its for when he has the kids round.

Holyfield...speaking...for money....really?

Couldn't see Holyfield as a trainer either. Despite his sound fundamentals and famed "triple jab" (copyright TRUSSMAN), Holyfield traded on heart, determination, a firm belief that God was looking out for him and, at the end, a refusal to admit that he should hang 'em up. I'm not sure many people would be suited to that particular method

NBC interviewed him in London re the Olympics a few days ago and didn't even know it was him/who he was! They just thought he was some random!! hahaha

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Wed 01 Aug 2012, 12:37 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Back when he became Lord of Everything by beating Tyson, the BBC went to his home to interview him. The entrance to his 70 BEDROOMED mansion was bigger than my house, front garden, driveway and back garden combined. You never got to see the house as the interview was only 20 minutes and it took that long to walk from the front door to the staircase

Who needs a house with 70 rooms?

I read recently about some financial dispute about the house or the land it was occupying and, if memory serves me right, it said the house had 105 rooms.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 12:52 pm

Ed, you may be right, 30 of 'em were toliets though! The 105 figure does ring a bell, I just assumed it contained rooms that weren't bedrooms. 105 rooms...it's ridiculous. Mind you, they said he'd earned on excessive of $300 million at the time so he could afford the council tax.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down