The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International cricket captain.

+13
B91212
GG
Fernando
ShankyCricket
compelling and rich
Liam_Main
BoredUntilAugust
hodge
Marsh
Gregers
sodhat
Fists of Fury
Nay
17 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

International cricket captain. - Page 9 Empty International cricket captain.

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

anyone on here play international cricket captain, any of them?

Back to top Go down

International cricket captain. - Page 9 Empty Re: International cricket captain.

Post by B91212 Thu 02 Feb 2012, 3:58 pm

Okay so I finally received this after waiting for my Mum to post it over from the UK. Began last night with Nottinghamshire and played the MCC on an ealry season Lords wicket that took spin Rolling Eyes Not surprisingly blew them off the park with Swann tacking a 10 for and was feeling pretty happy with myself until I realised that both Swann and Broad would miss most of the season. Think I should have been proactive in recruiting players before the season began.

B91212

Back to top Go down

International cricket captain. - Page 9 Empty Re: International cricket captain.

Post by Guest Thu 02 Feb 2012, 4:01 pm

haha the england players are always away mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Thu 02 Feb 2012, 5:39 pm

Think Swann will be the greatest loss, no other decent spinners in the squad (Patel but he is hardly going to spin teams out in the Championship). Think my best tactic now is to hope for the usual wet British summer and for the quicks to bowl teams out on green wickets Smile

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Feb 2012, 6:29 pm

you can prepare your own wickets in domestic cricket....

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Thu 02 Feb 2012, 7:54 pm

Really? Not played at home yet so didn't realsie that. In that case I'll tell the groundsman to turn Trent Bridge into the East Midlands version of the WACA.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Feb 2012, 3:29 pm

you can make it, a batsman's pitch, spinners pitch, quicks pitch etc...

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Fri 03 Feb 2012, 5:54 pm

Played a couple of games last night. Not surprisingly blew Oxford CCC off the park but struggled against Yorkshire on a batsman's pitch (at headingley though so didn't get to select it myself), managed to bat out for the draw with 5 down and not a chance in hell of chasing their total.

Enjoying it so far, managed to sit through a whole boring courtroom drama film with the mrs last night by playing this game from the opening credits until it finished nearly 3 hours later Smile

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Feb 2012, 7:22 pm

headinhley should have been seamers pitch lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:10 pm

Completed my first season last night. Won the County Championship thanks to Sussex doing a Hansie Cronje type deceleration in the final match of the season, which enabled me to win by 4 wickets with 2 overs remaining in the 4th day. Got hammered in the quarter finals in the 20/20 as both of my overseas's players were on international duty and in honesty David Hussey had carried the team that far on his own. Fell away in the 40 over comp as well and finished well down the table.

Managed to loose 4 decent players to retirement and lost another due to being too tight in the contract negotiations. Signed a couple of replacements (plus AB DeVilliers and Chris Gayle for 20/20) but it's going to be a long season as my bowling attack is pap unless Broad & Swann are not away with England.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:32 am

who are your spinners mate?

do you still have monty and beer?

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 4:52 pm

Nah I'm Notts so never had Monty or Beer. With Swann managing about 3 CC games all season due to England I basically used 2 part timers in Voges & Patel which enabled me to play 4 seamers in the most. On the few occasions I played on a spinners pitch then a young lad called White came in for one of the seamers but he's not going to be a world beater.

Will be using the same tactic this year. Played the first game of the season last night and beat Warickshire by an innings after making them follow on. Wouldn't have happened if Broad and Swann were not playing through (Swann scored 90 batting at 9 and took 5 wickets in the second innings).

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 5:45 pm

ah yh sorry misread your post lol

white's poor cricketer lol

did u use luke fletcher much?

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 6:29 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:ah yh sorry misread your post lol

white's poor cricketer lol

did u use luke fletcher much?
Fletcher got injured early on without playing a game and I never selected him afterwards. Still got him for this year as he was on a 3 year contract - is he any good?

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 6:33 pm

he's not bad to be honest...i orignally signed him for essex...

but then i got finn, onions etc...and didnt need him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2012, 5:38 pm

i have signed chris read for my side..

needed a keeper after fossie got injured all the time, and eventually retired.

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Mon 05 Mar 2012, 6:52 pm

Chris Read is my captain, has averaged about 40 in the 1.5 seasons I've played (and around 30 in the 40 over comp). He's about the only Notts player who by making captain doesn't play like he's taken LSD or something.

I tried to be smart for 20/20 this year and signed AB DeVilliers so he could keep wicket and then I could load the team with 8 batsmen (with Chris Gayle & Samit Patel as all-rounders) but it failed miserably. His average was poor and thankfully he got called up by SA and I began winning again after Read returned.

My next game is against the Eagles in the 20/20 quarters at Trent bridge.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2012, 6:56 pm

oooh come on the eagles :P

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 15 Jun 2012, 5:44 pm

started playing 2010 version again

in 2014 i think it was I won the double in the CB40 and County Championship with Somerset.

Changed the name of a youth player to my name and he averages 38 and i called him up for a few test matches Laugh highest score of 99 though.

Another youngster I have A.Roth averages 47 in 4 day games with a highest of 298 I think. Currently line up

1) Joe Denly
2) Joe Gatting
3) Alec Roth
4) James Hildreth
5) Kane Williamson
6) Craig Kieswetter
7) Luke Wright
8) Adil Rashid
9) Chris Tremlett
10) Saj Mahmood
11) Stuart Meaker

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 7:35 pm

My Essex side is improving all the time, im in season 2018 and this is my side:

SEASON 2018

1.Karl Brown
2.Josh Cobb
3.Dawid Malan
4.Jason Roy
5.Tom Westley (surivior from 1st squad)
6.Adam Wheater (surivior from 1st squad)
7.Mushfiqur Rahim (wk) (OVERSEAS)
8.Tymal Mills (surivior from 1st squad)
9.Stuart Meaker
10.Scott Borthwick
11.Reece Topley (surivior from 1st squad)

so i have 4 survivors from original squad in my 11...

remeber its 2018 so players have got better.......

im currently 3rd in CC div 1:

struggling in CB40

Out in group stage of t20

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:37 am

ANy news on a cricket captain 2012? Can't find any.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 22 Jun 2012, 11:37 am

I wanna get the 2012 version, due to missing out on the 2011 version. I like 2010, but I need the updated players really
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 22 Jun 2012, 11:44 am

Fists of Fury wrote:ANy news on a cricket captain 2012? Can't find any.

From their site: http://www.childishthings.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20906

Next few weeks Very Happy

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2012, 5:43 pm

i will certainly be buying that

i have 06,09,10,11

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat 23 Jun 2012, 9:10 am

More game-play options & features: - New Indian twenty over league. - New format Australian and English twenty over leagues. - Complete English and Australian domestic systems. - Updated team kits for all domestic and international teams. - Save retired player statistics - Play Indian and Australian twenty over teams on-line. - Improved on-line experience with enhanced cheat detection systems. - New player types, including one-day and twenty over specific openers. - Enhanced match engine and AI - Save to the cloud from your PC and pick up where you left off on another machine. - On-line match-play against iPhone and Mac users.

Complete statistical update: - International series statistics for one day, twenty over and test matches. - Current season team records for all teams. - Complete player database of over 4000 players, containing every player currently playing first class or limited-over cricket from around the world. - Updated partnership and team records for first-class, one-day and twenty-over matches. - Up to date county, state and domestic twenty over squads for the new seasons. - Comprehensive domestic and international fixture lists. - Full schedule of one-day and twenty-over world cup fixtures, plus stand alone cup modes.

Additional bits: - Transfer systems for English, Indian and Australian sides including improved contract renegotiation. - Bowler strike rates

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat 23 Jun 2012, 9:11 am

The above is the recently announced new features in 2012, IPL is in!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 23 Jun 2012, 9:26 am

Oh my god that looks amazing! The IPL is gonna be sooooooo cool International cricket captain. - Page 9 3933776953
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sat 23 Jun 2012, 10:03 am

Sweeeet need something to do this summer!

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 24 Jun 2012, 5:49 pm

Excellent!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2012, 6:48 pm

good to see the IPL in there, and it sounds like a vast improvement OK

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 25 Jun 2012, 10:48 am

I have cricket coach 2012. Released yesterday. Very Happy

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 26 Jun 2012, 12:11 pm

Is that a different game, shanky?

The Int Cricket Captain 2012 game hasn't been released yet according to their website.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 26 Jun 2012, 12:48 pm

Fists on their forum the people for International Cricket Captain said it would be released in the next few weeks, with no release date given like you said.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 26 Jun 2012, 1:27 pm

Yeah that's what I thought. Shanky's must be a different game.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 26 Jun 2012, 1:50 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Yeah that's what I thought. Shanky's must be a different game.
Indeed, it is.
But just like ICC, it is a cricket manager game. Very Happy

http://forum.cricketcoachgame.com/

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 26 Jun 2012, 2:47 pm

Oh i had a version of one of those, didn't find it anywhere near as good as international cricket captain. Yes you had the IPL and its auctions you could do but supposedly cricket captain are bringing those in this year.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2012, 9:19 am

really looking forward to this year's version coming out Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Wed 27 Jun 2012, 6:29 pm

I am absolutely awful at this. Not sure whether it is me or that Worcestershire are rubbish, but just can't get the hang of it at all.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 Jun 2012, 7:07 pm

Should imagine its a combination of both tbh Mat Wink
I'm always Hants. Dunno why just am
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:40 pm

Borthiwick is picking up wickets for fun for my essex side Very Happy

In the CC he finished with 45 wickets on unhelpful pitches

CB40: 26 wickets

FLt20: 12 wickets

93 wickets altogehter on unhelpful pitches!

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:41 pm

45+26+12=83 Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:42 pm

my bad maths was never my strong point

still very good though!

i need to sign a seam bowling all-rounder for the new season though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:43 pm

I seem to go through periods on this game. I have 2-3 years at the top of the tree then I slide and have 2-3 years of rebuilding then I'm up there again. I wanna be like the Australians and dominate for ages lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:45 pm

I managed to sign Alex Hales which was good, but you never get much to spend on this game...

Hales will replace Karl Brown in my side

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 28 Jun 2012, 1:23 am

i often get £140k for players per season with Somerset providing that season players don't want a massive wage boost

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jun 2012, 8:34 am

Im essex we're on a smaller budget lol..

but my youth players that come through are usually pretty good as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 28 Jun 2012, 10:00 am

Australia would still hammer them though. Whistle

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jun 2012, 10:29 am

I was thinking of signing Adil Rashid, but would it be pointless having both him and Borthwick in the side?

Rashid would bat middle order as well..

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 28 Jun 2012, 11:14 am

Rashid would pick up loads of wickets, more than Borthwick probably

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jun 2012, 11:24 am

need to pick a captain as well, none of my side are really captaincy material at the moment, apart from Rahim, but i dont like making overseas captain.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 28 Jun 2012, 5:52 pm

Started playing this again as Notts. The batting collapses :\

Top of my group in the 40 over competition and midtable in the CC.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next