The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sep Visser signs for Edinburgh / boroghmuir

+6
funnyExiledScot
RDW
IanBru
HammerofThunor
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
RuggerRadge2611
10 posters

Go down

Sep Visser signs for Edinburgh / boroghmuir Empty Sep Visser signs for Edinburgh / boroghmuir

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:38 pm

According to Tim Visser on twitter his wee brother has secured a contract with Edinburgh and will be cutting his teeth at Boroughmuir.

Good news for him and Scotland especially if he plays like Tim. I am lead to believe he is already a fairly accomplished 7s player. Anyone know anything about him?

sep visser
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Sep Visser signs for Edinburgh / boroghmuir Empty Re: Sep Visser signs for Edinburgh / boroghmuir

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:50 pm

Radge, have seen him play for Tynedale (I think) against Scottish on a couple of occasions - he's very quick for a big lad, and will be a good signing. Behind David Howells (Hoooowwwwwwweeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllssssssyyyyyy), he was next top try scorer in ND1 last season. I think he was at uni in Newcastle, so maybe that's finished or he's put it on hold thumbsup unlike his brother, I believe that he has played for Holland and so could not qualify for Scotland thru residency

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Sep Visser signs for Edinburgh / boroghmuir Empty Re: Sep Visser signs for Edinburgh / boroghmuir

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:00 pm

Nice to hear that he is a decent prospect. As I have said previously does his brother playing for Scotland allow him to qualify rather than waiting for residency?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:03 pm

Good question, Radge, I don't think you can qualify thru another family member's residency qualification, but others will know for sure

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:33 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Nice to hear that he is a decent prospect. As I have said previously does his brother playing for Scotland allow him to qualify rather than waiting for residency?

No.

Only place of birth, place of one parent/grandparents birth or three consecutive years residency. Doesn't matter who you marry, what team your dad played for or anything else. If you lived in a country since you were one and moved abroad before getting capped you wouldn't qualify for that country any more.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:45 pm

Thunor, thanks for that. Is the not thru marriage rule unique to rugby, cos an ex-MrsAsLongAs was capped for Scotland at lacrosse?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 05 Jul 2011, 10:27 pm

I think the football qualification is based on 'citizenship'. Not sure if that's right or not. The IRB eligibility regulations are pretty clear though.

http://www.polandlacrosse.com/files/EligibilityCriteria.pdf

Looks like marriage is included in Lacrosse qualification.

This http://www.rugbynieuws.nl/newcastle-falconssep-visser-maakt-rugby-seven refers to Sep as a Dutch international. Whether this is the U20 or full I'm not sure.

PS How do you do a link so that the link is embedded in a word rather than the whole thing. Can't figure it out on here.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed 06 Jul 2011, 12:01 am

It's a shame that you can't gain eligibility through marriage - it would certainly make things simpler.

My sister actually suggested marrying Tim Visser so that he'd be Scotland-qualified for the World Cup. She seemed perturbed when I suggested the flaws in the plan, and she went back to pining after Morgan Parra...

Frankly, I'm willing to take one for the team and marry Maria Sharapova - Britain gets a Wimbledon champion, and I get international bragging rights. Tough life, I'm sure.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 06 Jul 2011, 7:15 am

Radge - do you follow Dutch media often??

IanBru - join the queue! Very Happy

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 06 Jul 2011, 7:23 am

Thunor, you can embed a URL by using the chainlink-like box that is 8th from the left in the row above - in the top space put the address, in the bottom space place your reference that will appear as the link Ok!

Ian, noble sacrifice from your sis - can we get her to marry Dan Carter so that future generations of Carters are Scots-qualified?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 06 Jul 2011, 7:26 am

Lacrosse

Cheers thumbsup

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:38 am

IanBru wrote:
Frankly, I'm willing to take one for the team and marry Maria Sharapova - Britain gets a Wimbledon champion, and I get international bragging rights. Tough life, I'm sure.

Well I just hope your homestead has triple glazing and thick walls, because if she makes those kind of noises playing Tennis, goodness knows what noises she'll make in the sack....... would be nice to find out though. Sep Visser signs for Edinburgh / boroghmuir 531589

RDW_Scotland wrote:Radge - do you follow Dutch media often??

And no! I don't follow Dutch media, but I do follow Tim Visser on twitter, he posted a link up on there Sep Visser signs for Edinburgh / boroghmuir 732107
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:10 am

Excellent, another Visser. Let's hope he's as good as his brother and that we can find a way to have him qualify for Scotland.

I love the idea of eligibility through marriage! Send all our women to the Pacific Islands for their summer holidays!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:34 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Excellent, another Visser. Let's hope he's as good as his brother and that we can find a way to have him qualify for Scotland.
I love the idea of eligibility through marriage! Send all our women to the Pacific Islands for their summer holidays!

Don't think we can, fES, sadly - capped for Holland's senior team, following in the footsteps of his dad

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:39 am

Has he deffo been capped for Holland at senior level As?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:43 am

Yup

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:45 am

awww boo!

I respect his decision to do that then, I seriously hope he can Impress at Boro and then Edinburgh can have a Visser on each Wing!
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:22 am

Yes, sadly Sep has full international honours already, hence his chance of displacing the sprinting might of Danieli (about the same as my Aunt Doris) wearing the thistle has, I think, gone.

IanBru - my wife has a similar cunning plan for naturalising Nadal. And doing a few other things to him in the process too, I'm sure.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:23 am

That is a shame. Don't like the signing so much now, but if it keeps his big brother happy and Scottish, and little Visser turns out to be as good (or at least better than Simon Webster), then I'll get over it!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 06 Jul 2011, 1:24 pm

I'd take Lee Jones over Webster any day - he looks well past it whereas Jones was superb in the 7's!

Sep has some mighty big shoes to fill with his big brother doing so well.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 06 Jul 2011, 1:37 pm

Completely agree on Lee Jones. Cracking little player, great step and great acceleration. Could be in line for a great season as well. Whilst Visser will be a marked man, it could open up some space for the likes of Cairns and Jones.

Webster should be back up.

I've got some optimism ahead of the new season as far as Edinburgh are concerned, if they could just find two decent locks to sign.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 1:44 pm

Edinburgh will be very competative next year I think. The backs even taking into account world cup duty will be quite formidable

9. Blair / Laidlaw ( I don't think both will travel to New Zealand)
10. Godman
11. Visser
12. King
13. Houston
14. Jones
15. Thompson
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 06 Jul 2011, 1:45 pm

Wouldn't call it formidable but it is pretty good!

I really have a feeling Cairnsy won't go to the world cup though - Robinson seems to have something against him which is a shame because I think he is one of Scotland's most talented backs.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 06 Jul 2011, 1:52 pm

Agreed - I don't think Cairns will go either, so I suspect he'll be able to team up with King right from the start of the season.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Wed 06 Jul 2011, 9:19 pm

Back to the topic for a second, if we are going to adopt the "let's see who has Scottish roots" approach, surely we are much better checking out NZ for a S15 player with the correct heritage but who hasn't been picked for any Kiwi representative team rather than taking a punt on a Dutchman (whopse brother is, admittedly, a very good player)
Radge - was that your "ideal" back-line or your "during the world cup" backline? No Chris Patterson??

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:20 am

That was a during a world cup backline,

When the worldcup is over I would hope for a backline of

9. Laidlaw
10. Godman
11. Visser
12. Cairns
13. NDL
14. Thompson
15. Mossy (c)
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:50 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:That was a during a world cup backline,

When the worldcup is over I would hope for a backline of

9. Laidlaw
10. Godman
11. Visser
12. Cairns
13. NDL
14. Thompson
15. Mossy (c)

Radge, wouldn't surprise me to see:

9. Laidlaw
10. Godman
11. Visser
12. King
13. Cairns
14. Jones
15. Mossy

post-RWC, leaving NDL and Thompson as spare parts. Thompson really should go to Glasgow, I really worry he will be wasted at Edinburgh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:55 am

Agreed As, Stortoni Leaving meant JT would have gotten regular game time at Glasgow, I worry now that Southwell Might move to Glasgow since the disintigration of Stade.

Glasgow need experienced Backs like JT, with the Exception of DHT, Morrison and Jackson I quake for Glasgow's backline.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 07 Jul 2011, 10:41 am

I think with Seymour and Nathan signing at Glasgow, Horne being there and young Hogg in the background, Thompson may be just as well served at Edinburgh.

Thompson should get the chance to impress at 15 during the WC, and if he's played really well there, it may well be CP that has to fight to get his place back, or ends up playing elsewhere in the backs. What if CP gets injured? I think Thompson will get enough rugby at 15 next season not to worry too much.

I agree with ASBO's line-up post-WC, with Blair, NDL and Thompson on the bench. Houston the spare part back-up.

I really want to see King and Cairns given the chance to play with Godman. A good blend of pace and footballing skill there. Reckon that's a midfield that will do well during the WC.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 07 Jul 2011, 10:43 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:I worry now that Southwell Might move to Glasgow since the disintigration of Stade.

Southwell played pretty well in France and I think was pretty highly rated over there. I suspect he'll be able to find another French club to move to.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu 07 Jul 2011, 12:12 pm

Isn't Seb a full back by trade? He played against me the other month at county U20s and he was Northumberland's 15.

Mind you Tim started as a flanker...............
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Thu 07 Jul 2011, 3:51 pm

Hoy!!! - you reiving Scots are supposed to lift cattle, not fullbacks!
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down