The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edinburgh vs Glasgow The 1872 Cup - Edinburgh's annual slaughtering of the new effeminate ones

+19
Welly
NeilyBroon
king_carlos
funnyExiledScot
Tramptastic
bsando
Heuer27
Taylorman
highland_scot
TheMildlyFranticLlama
nickj
EWT Spoons
TJ
Eejit
jimbopip
IanBru
BigGee
tigertattie
23 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Edinburgh vs Glasgow The 1872 Cup - Edinburgh's annual slaughtering of the new effeminate ones  Empty Edinburgh vs Glasgow The 1872 Cup - Edinburgh's annual slaughtering of the new effeminate ones

Post by tigertattie Mon Dec 17 2018, 11:52

All in good jest folks!

It’s that time again. When Edinburgh rugby, a tough gnarly rugby team, face off against the hair gel wearing, skin moisturising, sun bed using Glasgow "Warriors".

This annual handing out of league points to Edinburgh is much welcomed as Glasgow, a team who really are living off past glory, look to try and get their hands on some silverware in this day and age.

The history speaks for itself really with the current holders Edinburgh continually handing out a spanking to the team of Avon consumers (if only the fans would follow the lead eh)

Edinburgh 20–8 Glasgow
Edinburgh 23–11 Glasgow
Glasgow 11–14 Edinburgh
Edinburgh 12–25 Glasgow
Glasgow 18–29 Edinburgh
Edinburgh 18–17 Glasgow
Glasgow 17–0 Edinburgh
Edinburgh 24–19 Glasgow

Now, let’s get ready to hear from the warrior nation about how they believe Edinburgh are the effeminates and how they think Glasgow will prevail this year!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh vs Glasgow The 1872 Cup - Edinburgh's annual slaughtering of the new effeminate ones  Empty Re: Edinburgh vs Glasgow The 1872 Cup - Edinburgh's annual slaughtering of the new effeminate ones

Post by RDW Mon Dec 17 2018, 12:00

I think we should play someone else for a cup - it's all getting a bit too easy 6 wins out of the last 8!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh vs Glasgow The 1872 Cup - Edinburgh's annual slaughtering of the new effeminate ones  Empty Re: Edinburgh vs Glasgow The 1872 Cup - Edinburgh's annual slaughtering of the new effeminate ones

Post by tigertattie Mon Dec 17 2018, 12:04

RDW_Scotland wrote:I think we should play someone else for a cup - it's all getting a bit too easy 6 wins out of the last 8!

Agreed. Maybe Perth Ladies Rugby's 3rd XV would give a sterner challenge than the "oh but when the ruck inspector was playing for us, we won something" bunch!

As a teenager I qualified for the Scottish Cross country finals but I don't keep harping on about it these days as I'd never qualify these days

Disclaimer - I qualified on a technicality but hey ho
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon Dec 17 2018, 12:23

I do like this new self confidence that Edinburgh fans seem to have found.

At least we know what kind of team we will be playing this year, as they have finally found some half decent players.

When they learn to move the ball forward as well as from side to side, they might become decent ones!

In the meantime DR is having a bit of a dilemma what team to pick for this game. After all we do need to rest players for some of our bigger matches coming up like Benetton in the new year.

It will be tough to know just what level to pitch this one at?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon Dec 17 2018, 12:27

BigGee wrote:I do like this new self confidence that Edinburgh fans seem to have found.

At least we know what kind of team we will be playing this year, as they have finally found some half decent players.

When they learn to move the ball forward as well as from side to side, they might become decent ones!

In the meantime DR is having a bit of a dilemma what team to pick for this game. After all we do need to rest players for some of our bigger matches coming up like Benetton in the new year.

It will be tough to know just what level to pitch this one at?

And right there is part of the reason that you lot keep losing to us (6 of the last 8)

You come strutting along all big and tough and then like big Al Kellock, you end up standing around the park watching what is going on as Edinburgh show you how to win a game of rugby.

The whole "but we won something once upon a time" routine is wearing as thin as 1966!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon Dec 17 2018, 12:28

tigertattie wrote:Agreed. Maybe Perth Ladies Rugby's 3rd XV would give a sterner challenge than the "oh but when the ruck inspector was playing for us, we won something" bunch!
I see you're fair away with yourselves having beaten the Gosforth RFC Vets XV. Most of the people at Kingston Park actually thought they were attending a Country Living wedding fair. That's certainly why I went.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon Dec 17 2018, 12:34

IanBru wrote:
tigertattie wrote:Agreed. Maybe Perth Ladies Rugby's 3rd XV would give a sterner challenge than the "oh but when the ruck inspector was playing for us, we won something" bunch!
I see you're fair away with yourselves having beaten the Gosforth RFC Vets XV. Most of the people at Kingston Park actually thought they were attending a Country Living wedding fair. That's certainly why I went.

finally, an admission of effiminate behaviour from a weegie fan!

Did you pick up some eye cream for Ali Price while you were there?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon Dec 17 2018, 12:38

tigertattie wrote:
The whole "but we won something once upon a time" routine is wearing as thin as 1966!

There may or may not be any truth in that, but after a nano second of reflection, I would still rather have won something (convincingly and with more than a bit of style) than never have won anything at all!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon Dec 17 2018, 12:38

tigertattie wrote:
IanBru wrote:

Yes, because attending a fair where the objective is to marry a female is effeminate behaviour. boxing

Last edited by IanBru on Mon Dec 17 2018, 12:49; edited 1 time in total
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon Dec 17 2018, 12:46

BigGee wrote:
tigertattie wrote:

There may or may not be any truth in that, but after a nano second of reflection, I would still rather have won something (convincingly and with more than a bit of style) than never have won anything at all!

Current 1872 cup holders thank you very much!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon Dec 17 2018, 12:49

tigertattie wrote:
BigGee wrote:
tigertattie wrote:

Current 1872 cup holders thank you very much!

The limits of your ambition, so it would seem!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Dec 17 2018, 12:51

So you know how we the Scots like to pride ourselves on being a generally good bunch on this forum that has good banter and know our rugby?

It's amazing how old rivalries make all of that go away!

Although can it really be classed as a rivalry if we've won 6 of the last 8? Hug

Dear Glasgow fans - Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!

That's you told.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon Dec 17 2018, 12:56

RDW_Scotland wrote:So you know how we the Scots like to pride ourselves on being a generally good bunch on this forum that has good banter and know our rugby?

It's amazing how old rivalries make all of that go away!

Although can it really be classed as a rivalry if we've won 6 of the last 8?  Hug

Dear Glasgow fans - Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!

That's you told.

Its all good hearted fun and games - until someone gets poked in the eye!

The important thing is to get the moral victory. At least I don't get put on the naughty step for "Bantz" with the west coast massive!

Speaking of massive West Coasters, where's GC?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Dec 17 2018, 15:54

IanBru wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
IanBru wrote:

Yes, because attending a fair where the objective is to marry a female is effeminate behaviour. boxing

Isn't it wonderful just how often Bru works in the fact that he has lassooed the beauteous Hagia Sophia into any and every topic?

Anyhoo….

The Annual Slaughter Of The Effeminates.... Cockers is, like all coaches, creating a team in his own image. A bunch of ugly, nasty, bassturds who have no idea whatsoever when the ball is in their hands but love the set piece and are always up for a battle against the big guys. hence over-performing in cups and getting found out in the league. Yes Luvvies that stings, but only because it's true.

The Once And Future Champions on the other hand.... have evolved from last season's "pick your best fifteen and flog them till they drop" into a squad who all know what is expected of them and are all capable of carrying out the expansive game plan. It's getting to the point where I don't care who is selected: they'll play what is in front of them and win more often than not. Much more often.

The MFL's previously successful tactic of playing the match in a mausoleum and keeping the ball hidden up Ross Ford's jumper for 70 minutes thus sending the Warriors' backs to sleep won't work this time. Whichever pack DR selects will have a bit of nastiness to it and will be looking to pocket five points while practising stuffing a turkey. In the backs it will be a no-contest. Actually, at this point I had intended engaging in some Yuletide banter but; Wee George- Young Hastings- any two of Dunbar-Furra Linee- Stafford Terrier- Jones -Grigg then two from DTH- Mad Mad Mata - Seymour- Hogg- Jackson. All playing fearless, express yourself rugby! You aren't in the same ball park.

I can't mock you anymore I feel too sorry for you.

Can't wait.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Dec 17 2018, 16:01

I'm pretty sure if we look back at the 1872 threads over the last few years it has been exactly the same chat - Glasgow's backs are going to run rings round us yada yada, and it just didn't happen.

What's different this year? Well Glasgow's pack are no longer a complete bunch of jessies which will help them, whether it's enough to halt their slump in recent 1872 defeats is another question.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Dec 17 2018, 16:06

RDW, you know that your pack have a collective slipped disc carrying the deadwood you have lumbering from 9-15.

After two Herculian shifts to grind out wins against one of the more mediocre sides in the AP your fat boys will be needing a rest.

Glasgow's pack on the other hand Erm Erm Erm

They have more dog than a Bas Vegas on over 35's night.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon Dec 17 2018, 16:18

The Glasgow pack is about as doggish the rodent creature Paris Hilton carries around in her handbag.

The weegie pack is woeful, sure they may have some players who play above the ground, but as a unit you just dont cut it.

As for your backline, well, Edinburgh are going to position mirrors every 10m along the sidelines and if Hastings or Price make a run, they'll insitinctively stop at the next mirror to ensure thier hair is suitably gelled or that their fake tans arent streaking.

Glasgow are the pretty boys of Scottish Rugby now and your current bunch are just not up to reaching the dizzy heights of your one off league win.

The natural order of things, with Edinburgh being the better side, is starting to come into play again.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Dec 17 2018, 16:21

Cockers lack of rotation is a real concern, but that will only manifest itself in around March time when we run out of steam - the players had a rest after the AIs so should be firing on all cylinders for the next two games.

Saying that, he's not had many options to chose from to be able to rest our frontline players. He definitely could have used Sutherland, Marfo and McCallum more this season but other than that we've had a lot of injuries to contend with.

With McKenzie and Charmichael having been out all season basically (our 3rd and 4th choice locks), if he wants to rest Gilchrist or Toolis he has to play an academy player or someone just out the academy.

In the back row we are yet to see Barclay play and lost Bradbury earlier in the season - that's a great deal of class that has been missing, and has meant we've had to flog Mata.

Talking of class we have been without Bennett all season and Scott since early on, meaning we had Dean, JJ and Socino to chose from and that's in basically, with academy players not on the list.

With a lot of the above players due to return in the next month or two hopefully the situation will ease, but then we're right into the 6N period where resources will be stretched again!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Dec 17 2018, 16:22

tigertattie wrote:The Glasgow pack is about as doggish the rodent creature Paris Hilton carries around in her handbag.

The weegie pack is woeful, sure they may have some players who play above the ground, but as a unit you just dont cut it.

As for your backline, well, Edinburgh are going to position mirrors every 10m along the sidelines and if Hastings or Price make a run, they'll insitinctively stop at the next mirror to ensure thier hair is suitably gelled or that their fake tans arent streaking.

Glasgow are the pretty boys of Scottish Rugby now and your current bunch are just not up to reaching the dizzy heights of your one off league win.

The natural order of things, with Edinburgh being the better side, is starting to come into play again.

Even as an Edinburgh fan I think that's a bold post! Erm

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon Dec 17 2018, 16:28

Bold, maybe

True, aye!

Glasgow's achilles heel has always been when they come up against a monster pack that dont let them have the ball. With our backline being what it is, I can see our forwards not even letting our backs get their hands on the ball, let alone the weegies ones!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Dec 17 2018, 16:30

RDW_Scotland wrote:
tigertattie wrote:The Glasgow pack is about as doggish the rodent creature Paris Hilton carries around in her handbag.

Even as an Edinburgh fan I think that's a bold post! Erm

Tattie Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Thank you, I haven't laughed so much since Baz the Nippy ex scrum half told Bru that the first person to mention girlfriends was buying the drinks all day at the Boks match. Talk about horns of a dilemma!!!

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Dec 17 2018, 16:33

tigertattie wrote:Bold, maybe

True, aye!

Glasgow's achilles heel has always been when they come up against a monster pack that dont let them have the ball. With our backline being what it is, I can see our forwards not even letting our backs get their hands on the ball, let alone the weegies ones!

Apart from VDM - he needs to be given the ball in space as much as possible!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon Dec 17 2018, 16:40

Beggars belief that the luvvies beat the team who are bottom of the Gallagher Prem home and away and suddenly they're world beaters despite getting destroyed at Thomond Park the week before and conspiring to get beat by the mighty Dragons the week before that. Oh and the Parma pummelling  also raises a laugh!

Glasgow meanwhile are enjoying an excellent run that extends to all competitions with players that are used to winning big games now. With winning the Champions Cup and a party in Newcastle in May now all but a formality, the once and future champions are benefiting enormously from the scrum machine that is the Chieftain of Clan Kebble and the heaven-sent Stafford McDowall (praise be unto him).

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Dec 17 2018, 16:48

So, here's the news so far today;

Boing S Johnson offski Yahoo

Boing S Johnson staying Yahoo
Boing Six other re-signings to be announced for the Once And Future Champions over the next six days. Yahoo
Boing As a result of the Equal Pay ruling Glasgow Council are struggling to pay the Provvie Man. Cue a massive selling off of assets. Glasgow Warriors and SRU are in talks to buy Scotstoun at a knock down price. Hopefully just the stadium, not the whole postal district. Yahoo Yahoo
Boing The Delude Prophet Of The East continues to predict an easy Brexit Independence for Scotland and a Luvvies win on Saturday. Laugh Laugh Laugh

Boing Ian Bru announces that he still has a girlfriend.

Last edited by jimbopip on Mon Dec 17 2018, 16:50; edited 1 time in total

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon Dec 17 2018, 16:50

Stafford the new messiah McDowell is going to score an "own try" in this game. Mark my words.

In other news, has anyone seen tipping point on the tele? Jeez louise that game can make you sooooo angry. I'm actually shouting at the tele at the stupid woman who keeps putting the bloomin counter in at the wrong time and thus messing up her chances of winning.

It's like watching Dan Parks trying to pass a ball to Andy Henderson to score a try!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Dec 17 2018, 16:51

Be honest Tattie, you shout at the telly when it's still switched off.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Mon Dec 17 2018, 16:54

Edinburgh vs Glasgow The 1872 Cup - Edinburgh's annual slaughtering of the new effeminate ones  Old

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon Dec 17 2018, 16:54

[quote="jimbopip"]Be honest Tattie, you shout at the telly when it's still switched off.[/quote

Ahhh see now, yer confusing me with Schitz on that one!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon Dec 17 2018, 16:55

Nooooooooooooooo

I just did a Jimbo quote fail!

is this an omen?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Dec 17 2018, 16:57

Eejit if you're willing to base your confidence on some of Edinburgh's poor results when we've been playing kids instead of a squad of 10 international class forwards then fair enough!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Dec 17 2018, 17:01

tigertattie wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Be honest Tattie, you shout at the telly when it's still switched off.[/quote

Schiz, whose concession to the weather on Saturday was to wear his long sleeved Warriors' jersey. Laugh

Note the correct use of quote function.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Dec 17 2018, 17:01

RDW_Scotland wrote:Eejit if you're willing to base your confidence on some of Edinburgh's poor results when we've been playing kids instead of a squad of 10 international class forwards then fair enough!

So you've been winning because you've been playing against kids?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon Dec 17 2018, 17:05

jimbopip wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Be honest Tattie, you shout at the telly when it's still switched off.[/quote

Schiz, whose concession to the weather on Saturday was to wear his long sleeved Warriors' jersey. Laugh

Note the correct use of quote function.

On one side Jimbo, I'm proud of your correct use of the quote function

On the other side, I remember you are one of the unwashed and thus think you to be a big jobby!

On a personal level I want you to have a splendid christmas but rugby wise I hope you are miserable due to your team getting spanked off the pitch at HQ.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Dec 17 2018, 17:13

Tattie, you have all the charm of two day old bum gravy.

Have a Cool Yule and a Hot Hog'.

Hug

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon Dec 17 2018, 17:27

Surely there's no other forum on the planet where you can call out another poster for being a big jobby and the whole thing is taken in the jest it is!

Normal service shall be resumed when we join forces again to besmirch the characters of posters from other nations when the ^ns comes round Smile
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon Dec 17 2018, 18:21

I have a real problem with this.  I am going to the match with my aged parents who support weegieville whereas I support the mighty Edinburgh!  could be another family rift

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Dec 17 2018, 18:43

TJ, as King Lear said,

How much sharper than a serpent's tooth is a thankless child.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon Dec 17 2018, 19:04

Very Happy

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon Dec 17 2018, 20:01

Hard to make a prediction on this one.  Glasgow should be winning this, but they should have been winning this game for the last few years and have repeatedly come up short.

Edinburgh's forwards are better (Glasgow have improved significantly in this area), but Glasgow's backs are better (Edinburgh have...stayed the same here largely).

Edinburgh will try and bog Glasgow down and play a forward orientated battle.  Glasgow will try and play rugby ballet.

Both teams have a strong claim that they will win this game.  Form in this fixture favours Edinburgh, form in general favours Glasgow.

My prediction; Edinburgh win, but Glasgow will finally get their hands on the trophy they desire above all others (yes I'm talking about the 1872 cup) come season end.  Two home fixtures will see to that.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Dec 17 2018, 21:38

EWT Spoons wrote:Hard to make a prediction on this one.  Glasgow should be winning this, but they should have been winning this game for the last few years and have repeatedly come up short.

Edinburgh's forwards are better (Glasgow have improved significantly in this area), but Glasgow's backs are better (Edinburgh have...stayed the same here largely).

Edinburgh will try and bog Glasgow down and play a forward orientated battle.  Glasgow will try and play rugby ballet.

Both teams have a strong claim that they will win this game.  Form in this fixture favours Edinburgh, form in general favours Glasgow.

My prediction; Edinburgh win, but Glasgow will finally get their hands on the trophy they desire above all others (yes I'm talking about the 1872 cup) come season end.  Two home fixtures will see to that.

What do you think you're playing at? There's no room on this thread for sensible, well thought through points.

I would have expected better from you  warning

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Dec 18 2018, 08:48

Just remembered last season that Glasgow couldn't even beat us despite being down to 14 men for most of the game - maybe this year we'll just start with 13 to make it a fair contest!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue Dec 18 2018, 08:56

RDW_Scotland wrote:
EWT Spoons wrote:Hard to make a prediction on this one.  Glasgow should be winning this, but they should have been winning this game for the last few years and have repeatedly come up short.

What do you think you're playing at? There's no room on this thread for sensible, well thought through points.

I would have expected better from you  warning

Apologies.

Boo Glasgow boo. You smell, boo.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue Dec 18 2018, 09:44

Yes, Glasgow (the players) smell!

Smell of hair gel, skin moisturiser and fake tan!!!!

I bet they all wear skinny jeans and those horrible half ripped wee vest things!

They'd not look out of place on Geordie Shore!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Dec 18 2018, 17:18

Apparently the East stand and standing tickets are all sold out - suppose that answers Biggee's concern about the game not being as popular as normal!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue Dec 18 2018, 17:25

Good to hear

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue Dec 18 2018, 20:15

Tell you what, very much looking forward to a cup game at the new stadium when it’s done.

Wonder if Glasgow will ever win a derby game before its moved from Murrayfield.........
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Dec 19 2018, 12:50

Edinburgh vs Glasgow The 1872 Cup - Edinburgh's annual slaughtering of the new effeminate ones  Combined-glasgow-edinburgh-selector-906b46ad6e8b2ae0ed4233924605ac84

BBC sport of a combined Glasgow-Edinbrugh XV selector - here's mine based on current form.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/46603447

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed Dec 19 2018, 13:09

It's like a Scotland team! If only we (Scotland) had Big Bad Bill at 8, oh how we could do with a proper Big Bad Bill at 8!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Wed Dec 19 2018, 13:11

Here's mine.

Edinburgh vs Glasgow The 1872 Cup - Edinburgh's annual slaughtering of the new effeminate ones  Combined-glasgow-edinburgh-selector-87078a90aad56bd9ae6c4bd3cd605347

Somehow there is still too many luvvies in this one...

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Wed Dec 19 2018, 13:12

RDW. I had exactly the same team. Not sure it’s been discussed, but Humphreys confirmed as Pivac’s forwards coach post RWC. Kelly Brown or Carl Hogg to Glasgow?

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next