The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Haye v Vitali Fight Is Starting To Build

+7
whotobeA
manos de piedra
captain carrantuohil
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
JDandfries
Fists of Fury
Strongback
11 posters

Go down

A Haye v Vitali Fight Is Starting To Build Empty A Haye v Vitali Fight Is Starting To Build

Post by Strongback Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:24 pm

Klitschko's promotor has thrown David Haye a bone by saying the following to The Telegraph.

"I know Haye intends to retire in October, but the fight we would like to see is Vitali Klitschko against David Haye," said Bernd Boente, who manages the Klitschko brothers, in the Telegraph. "But Vitali will first fight Adamek in October. Then I would like to see Haye versus Vitali. It is a fight I have in my mind, and it is definitely possible.

"I think it would be a good fight, and a great promotion - Haye's chance to redeem himself against the other Klitschko."

Vitali made it clear on Saturday night he wants to fight Haye and I don't think a tactical battle was on his mind.

Haye has been on BBC News this morning and on BBC Radio and is still talking about his desire for a rematch with Wlad or a fight with Vitali. (Listening to Haye talking it is hard to discern that he was defeated in a one side manner only 2 days ago - is it the guy has a neck like the jockeys proverbials or is he just too thick to appreciate the general view about his recent predictions and poor delivery).

It looks like Haye is going to keep this crazy circus alive.

Buncey's promoting the idea already.

Can anybody believe Haye again?

Would he have a chance against Vitali? ( 🤦 )

Last edited by Strongback on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

Strongback

Back to top Go down

A Haye v Vitali Fight Is Starting To Build Empty Re: A Haye v Vitali Fight Is Starting To Build

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:27 pm

Funnily enough, I feel he may be able to outpoint Vitali, as he has nowhere near the speed that Wlad has.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

A Haye v Vitali Fight Is Starting To Build Empty Re: A Haye v Vitali Fight Is Starting To Build

Post by JDandfries Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:28 pm

I think he would be daft to take a fight against Vitali, he would more than likely get absolutely smashed!

Vitali has all the tools Wlad has, but has a granite chin and is so much more agressive and more of a fighter!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Vitali does not have all the tools Wlad has, they are completely different.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Haye would getting beaten easily and then blame the loss on a broken eyelash
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Haye would getting beaten easily and then blame the loss on a broken eyelash

Alright Dee,

Do you think he'd drop down on his kness quicker for Vitali ?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Fists, your optimism is unquenchable and admirable in many ways, but I'm not sure what you saw in last Saturday's fight to lead you to such a conclusion.

Haye, who is so much smaller than the Klitschkos, is a certainty to set up on the back foot once again, from where he will not be able to throw anything like enough punches to win. He can forget about KOing the Ukrainian - I've been beating this drum for a while, but there is no evidence that Haye has the power to take out a bona fide heavyweight somewhere near his prime, either with a single shot or with a fast combination.

I believe that Vitali would walk right through Haye, safe in the knowledge that he would have little to fear from incoming fire. Wlad boxed relatively cautiously to amass his points; I doubt that his brother would be quite so kind. Mid-rounds TKO for me - although I believe that Haye should face something of an eliminator before getting a crack at either Klitschko again. His heavyweight record does not entitle him to anything right now.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Completely different really??

I think you may have misunderstood the term tools, (ironically) I never said they had the same fighting styles.

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Still think Haye needs to rebuild his image a bit before tackling Vitali. His stock is quite low now and even many of the British fans who followed him felt let down. So a fight with Vitali now wouldnt really sell anywhere near its potential. If he posts a couple of impressive victories, lets Vitali get even older and looks to tackle him next year the public could regain some interest. But the last fight was too decisive a defeat to make this sell big.

He should do what Hatton did post Mayweather defeat. Rebuilld, beat a credible name and then do his best to convince the general public it was really his toe or the ref or whatever else that cost him the fight. Not sure if hes interested enough to do that though.

Last edited by manos de piedra on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:37 pm

JD, I understood exactly what you meant, and it was wrong. Next.

Captain, I see what you mean, the size would once again prove to be the biggest stumbling block. I do however think that the current Vitali is not much more agile than Valuev was, and a fight could play out in a similar manner to the Haye vs Valuev one.

Wouldn't be many punches thrown by Haye though, so you could be right in that he would be most unlikely to get any decision.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:43 pm

Not much more agile than Valuev?
AND If you think the Klit brother are completely different in terms of what tools they have, then you didn't undertsand what I meant.

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by whotobeA Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:46 pm

Must admit to have been slightly drawn in by Hayes power & speed being a telling factor when clearly when it came to it he was well short & out manouvered everytime. I hope he doesn't go for Vit as it could end up very much the way Hatton finished, outlcassed by PBF then destroyed by Manny. I'm sure Haye wouldn't want to go out on a savage beating from Vit which is what i think may happen.

Well done to Haye for getting a shot & taking one of the current best to a decision but i think its time he kept his word & stepped away to the land of dancing on ice, get me out of the jungle & cameo brit gangster parts.

whotobeA

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Have to agree with the crowd fists - Haye has not shown us he can offer the CONSISTENT tempo that would be required to best vitali. Vk, of course is less of a pure boxer thsn his broyher but hss a better chin probably slightly heavier bands and a wider range of punches.

We ate really watching things with rose tinted specs if se think he showed enough against WK to make him a favourite in a vitali fight
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Strongback wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Haye would getting beaten easily and then blame the loss on a broken eyelash

Alright Dee,

Do you think he'd drop down on his kness quicker for Vitali ?

I think he would be quicker dropping out of the ring and making a dash for it. Vitali would prob knee him in the jaw if Haye pulled those cheating tactics again.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:51 pm

oxring wrote:Have to agree with the crowd fists - Haye has not shown us he can offer the CONSISTENT tempo that would be required to best vitali. Vk, of course is less of a pure boxer thsn his broyher but hss a better chin probably slightly heavier bands and a wider range of punches.

We ate really watching things with rose tinted specs if se think he showed enough against WK to make him a favourite in a vitali fight

Are you drunk mate Smile

Just kidding!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:52 pm

My opinion is Vitali is getting slower every fight and tends to arm punch more than he used to. He hit Briggs with clean shot after clean shot, which was not nice to watch, but he couldn't finish Briggs. Nothing worse than a guy getting hit repeatidy with free shots that are just short of causing a KO.

I don't think it would be pretty but I think Vitali would end up throwing Haye around like a rag doll.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:56 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:I see what you mean, the size would once again prove to be the biggest stumbling block. I do however think that the current Vitali is not much more agile than Valuev was, and a fight could play out in a similar manner to the Haye vs Valuev one.

While I think that Vitali has slowed down from his pre-retirement days, I still can't have him down as anything other than being a whole lot faster, more agile and much more athletic than the lumbering Valuev. The giant Valuev may be 7 foot tall, but he doesn't fight like a man of that height, hence why Haye was able to utilize an 'in and out' strategy when they fought. If Valuev had any real agility and knew how to maximize his size, that simply wouldn't have been possible.

Vitali, on the other hand, fights like a man who is every inch of his 6' 7.5" frame. Unlike Valuev, he makes the most of his reach advantages (his jab is, quite literally, in another stratosphere to Valuev's), regularly shows a lot more aggression than Valuev and is, without a shadow of a doubt, a much bigger puncher than Valuev. Given Haye's performance on saturday, I think he may have realised that he simply can't blast out the real 'big guys', but after those thirty-six minutes it's equally clear that he can't beat them on the back foot by weaving in and out as he did against Valuev, either.

I think Haye realizes soon enough that he doesn't have the power to hurt Vitali, goes in to his shell once again, and falls in to the trap of trying to fight the older brother the same way he fought Valuev. And if he does, Vitali (metaphorically speaking) takes his head off once Haye tries to nick points coming inside now and then.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:58 pm

I agree - comparing Vitali to Valuev, is completely laughable!

(Moderator - Please feel free to delete any of the above post which you disagree with)

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:06 pm

JD, you are starting to wear thin now. Like I said, if you have a problem then feel free to send a PM to one of us, rather than resorting to childish nonsense like that.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:08 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:JD, you are starting to wear thin now. Like I said, if you have a problem then feel free to send a PM to one of us, rather than resorting to childish nonsense like that.

I will leave it now, however, I think calling me childish is a little bit hypocritical - THE END!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:13 pm

Please explain where I have been childish...

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:14 pm

Do you want me to leave it alone (as it is wearing thin) or not??

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:34 pm

Gareth A Davies has confirmed this on TalkSport. Haye has essentially said he'd postpone his retirement if he could get another crack at wlad. Davies got the impression from Boente that a rematch with wlad would be the carrot dangled to haye in order to set up a bout with vitali - ie beat vitali and you get yourself another shot with wlad. Vitali will still go through with his adamek fight regardless.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:35 pm

If he doesn't retire it will just make him looking even more of a gobs***e

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Dear Lord,

Do not let this materialise.

yours in eternal hope,

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:38 pm

Vitali is not as mobile as Wlad. But, like Wlad, he does have an excellent appreciation of distance. He's excellent at leaning back from shots. He's also excellent at blocking with his long forearm and taking the sting out of punches. I think the Haye would have only a slightly better chance of catching Vitali than he did Wlad - this would sheerly be down to the fact that Vitali is a good bit older and that he doesn't have as fast footwork. All in all though, Haye would have a swinging puncher's chance and Vitali would lean away from most of them.

I actually think that Vitali would KO Haye. Vitali has a decent inside game and has amassed all sorts of unique inside punches like little short hooks and uppercuts. This is something that Wlad does not do well - he is an outside fighter only. Once Vitali took the sting out of Hayes looping shots, he'd no doubt get a good few short shots in - that would spell trouble for Haye.

Haye is an excellent athlete. He's an unconventional boxer with tremendous speed, power, and reflexes. But, he's a) Too small to win with this style against a K-bro, b) Doesn't have enough conventional boxing technique to try anything different from what he tried on Sat night

Haye went for the KO the best way he knew how - it's nonsense to suggest he didn't try and was just there for the pay cheque. But, when he realised that Wlad had much quicker feet than he though and that he couldn't close the distance, then he could only resort to wild swinging. He's had a good career and should be proud. I'd still like to see him mix it with someone like Arreola and see if he could go out on a high. I think that that's a fight that would sell. The thought of him taking on Vitali is a bit of a joke

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
oxring wrote:Have to agree with the crowd fists - Haye has not shown us he can offer the CONSISTENT tempo that would be required to best vitali. Vk, of course is less of a pure boxer thsn his broyher but hss a better chin probably slightly heavier bands and a wider range of punches.

Are you drunk mate Smile

Just kidding!

Man my spelling was awful. Word of advice - if you ever want to type on a forum - don't use a touch screen phone - especially if you've got massive fingers.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down