The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales must turn to Hook, Henson, Roberts dream team - Says Thinius Delport

+3
majesticimperialman
Totallybiasedscarlet
maestegmafia
7 posters

Go down

Wales must turn to Hook, Henson, Roberts dream team - Says Thinius Delport Empty Wales must turn to Hook, Henson, Roberts dream team - Says Thinius Delport

Post by maestegmafia Sun 26 Jun 2011, 11:46 am

Andy Howell must have a link to this guy Delport, (possibly gambling related?) as it is the second time in seven days he has quoted him and taken an article from Delports echelons of Rugby wisdom regarding all things Welsh.

There is a certain element to both this and the previously published article regarding Mike Phillips relevance to success and all that has to entail, that is contrived, directed and leads me to believe that Delport might be the kind of average profile former international that might be found in a bar and would give you your handwritten quote, read from the horses mouth so to speak, for your article for a pint or two??? Not that Howell, as a journo, is really all that famous for quotes and "stuff like that" that usually form the backbone of a well constructed piece...

To say that either Howell or the former Springbok fullback are verging on being considered a little out of touch with the game as seen by those who practitioners would consider both sober and un-elusive is another point.. As is the purveying question at the front of my cranium reading this drivel of an excuse to be the rugby article it encourages of itself, is who the hell is this bloke Delport and why would Wales' most salubrious hack constantly reference him as a valid opinion...

Ah well it is the closed season, Howell is probably contributing these articles of nothingness to keep us all enthralled via email from the distasteful villa on the the costa brava that i presume he owns...!

Opinions on the suggestion of the Hook, Henson and Roberts if you will...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Wales must turn to Hook, Henson, Roberts dream team - Says Thinius Delport Empty Re: Wales must turn to Hook, Henson, Roberts dream team - Says Thinius Delport

Post by Totallybiasedscarlet Sun 26 Jun 2011, 11:56 am

Howell is just trying to justify his wages. He's a pathetic journalist at best.

As for Hook, Henson, Roberts - looks nice on paper but given that Hook's barely played 10 in over 18 months and that Henson's barely played a game let alone anything else, it would appear to be a bit late in the day to try and establish that as a selection.

Most likely outcome in my opinion is Jones, Roberts, Hook.
Totallybiasedscarlet
Totallybiasedscarlet

Back to top Go down

Wales must turn to Hook, Henson, Roberts dream team - Says Thinius Delport Empty Re: Wales must turn to Hook, Henson, Roberts dream team - Says Thinius Delport

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:11 pm

Do you realy believe that Gatland will start Hook at 10 over Jones?

I think Gatland will start Jones at 10 with maybe Hook. Henson.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:32 pm

If I was a Saffa Rugby supporter I would also be urging Wales to chose Hook, Henson and Roberts!!!!!!! Wouldn't they just love to run at that midfield!!!!!

Hook is too flakey to play 10, Henson has hardly played for 2 years and was an embaressment against the BaBaas and Roberts' last had a good game on the last Lions tour.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 26 Jun 2011, 2:43 pm

Seagultaf wrote:If I was a Saffa Rugby supporter I would also be urging Wales to chose Hook, Henson and Roberts!!!!!!! Wouldn't they just love to run at that midfield!!!!!

Hook is too flakey to play 10, Henson has hardly played for 2 years and was an embaressment against the BaBaas and Roberts' last had a good game on the last Lions tour.

well that is a different tangent to take up... Howells good buddy Delport is pulling his leg

I guess that if you are as susceptible as Howell is then these things can well happen... possibly a little too regularly

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 26 Jun 2011, 3:09 pm

The columists are on a hiding to nothing to be honest, if Wales win they can post nice things, if Wales lose they can write the truth, Welsh players dont like hearing the truth in a lot of instances so they shun the columists, forcing them to make stories out of any little rumour they hear. Or putting pieces of different stories to make something that will fill back page space.
It's a 2 way street to be honest.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 26 Jun 2011, 3:38 pm

AlynDavies wrote:The columists are on a hiding to nothing to be honest, if Wales win they can post nice things, if Wales lose they can write the truth, Welsh players dont like hearing the truth in a lot of instances so they shun the columists, forcing them to make stories out of any little rumour they hear. Or putting pieces of different stories to make something that will fill back page space.
It's a 2 way street to be honest.
Its a two way street in a microscopic Gold fish bowl of interest to be fair. And I personally o not hold the players responsible for the choice of articles that the media choose to show an interest in.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun 26 Jun 2011, 5:55 pm

I loved the part at the top of the article where Andy Howell gets the lowdown from Springbok great Thinus Delport. Great in whose eyes certainly not mine.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:20 pm

Always thought Howell was like a cross between the former Dr Who actor Sylvester MacCoy and the detective character Columbo. Rather like the welsh journo character in Dad's Army... Not sure if you'll remember that..

As you say, no doubt the potential for a creative exciting set of inside backs potentially would include Hook and Henson. The likelihood of the combination deliveri g untried and untested would be fanciful to say the least.

Roberts is the conundrum though, big lad that he is, he doesn't do much, he isn't a positive asset. To say that his alternative success to being a crashball player is to be dummied out of the backline move kind of says it all.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:28 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Always thought Howell was like a cross between the former Dr Who actor Sylvester MacCoy and the detective character Columbo. Rather like the welsh journo character in Dad's Army... Not sure if you'll remember that..

Don't dis McCoy, he was a damn good actor!
I got his autograph at a Doctor Who convention in 1995 in Coventry! angel
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:28 pm

I remain astounded at all the anti-Howell articles. Ok its not world class journalism but he's basically just done an interview with Delport and got two articles out of it; one about the decision to drop Phillips, the other about the Flyhalf and Centre combination.

Everything this guy writes is branded lazy journalism. He creates stories where none exist and even if the standard of journalism is found wanting, the guy deserves a break.

Certainly the amount of hate towards this journalist is astounding.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down