The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fresh Start?

+6
jjimbojames
Davie
Biggut
Mad for Chelsea
B*W*F*C
djlovesyou
10 posters

Go down

A Fresh Start? Empty A Fresh Start?

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011 - 21:25

Can I speak to you as a fellow member of the forum for a moment, and not as an administrator? (throws admin hat off)

I have been a member of 606 since 2007 and I hate to see kicks off's between members. No one likes it. But sometimes people have such strong views on certain subjects that it upsets others who want to defend their own opinions. But this is a part of forum life. At the end of the day, its just words on a computer screen looking at you. It cant harm you.

Yes it might annoy you, but surely there are more important things in life to worry about, than what someone types on a sports forum.

(puts admin hat back on)

This site was set up and is run by members of 606. We don't gain anything from it, we don't make any money. We give up all of our free time to run this site so that others had somewhere to go after 606 closed. All we ask, are 2 things:
1) The members follow the site rules.
2) Moderators carry out the Admin's sites procedures.

And that is it. Nothing more, nothing less. Unfortunately, if members do not follow the site rules, then further action is taken. Whether this be warnings, a temporary ban or even a permanent ban.

Likewise with Moderators. All we ask is that they carry out our site procedures in making sure members do not break the site rules. If they refuse or abuse that power, then we are left with little choice than to remove their moderation abilities.

Unfortunately lsabre could not comply with the procedures as set out. But what has happened has happened. We need to move on from this and start afresh.

But please, can we all just get along on here? You are all lovers of athletics, so you all have one thing in common. The difference is your opinions. Opinions that everyone is entitled to. Whether you agree with them or not is your choice. If you want to debate these issues or not, is your choice. But if you choose to debate or not, there is no need to get personal or have digs at eachother.

We are advertising 606v2 through various means, so there will be prospective new members. Would you like them to see a war zone, or somewhere with interesting debates and new members joining? I know what I would prefer.

So can we please have a fresh start and all work together to help make the athletics section a success?

Back to top Go down

A Fresh Start? Empty Re: A Fresh Start?

Post by djlovesyou Tue 21 Jun 2011 - 22:33

As long as new members are only interested in dicussing the failure of Charles van Commennee, Niels de Vos, UKA, where money is being wasted, where money should be going, which members of the forum are UKA golams and praying each time a major championship comes around that Britain win zero medals, they'll fully enjoy it here now.

All the posters that like to discuss athletics get on well enough (don't always agree and sometimes argue, but accept each other's opinions on the whole.) It's the ones that are not interested in discussing the sport that are the issue.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011 - 23:32

Isn't that rather like asking football fans not to talk about management, there is no escaping the fact that everything is intertwined, and if it is someones opinion that bad management had a direct bearing on the performces then people will and rightly so say so.

Why should these peoples opinions be the subject of so much abuse?

I have no problem with such debates being on a seperate thread away from basic athletics performances, just as long as everyone accepts admins request to allow freedom of opinion free from abuse.

Back to top Go down

Post by B*W*F*C Tue 21 Jun 2011 - 23:46

I think your really gonna struggle mods. Theres a few people who seem to be spending vast amounts of there time infecting athletic forums with political agendas. End of the day a sports a sport. I just want to know the results and cheer on my fellow Brits, yeah CVC and the UKA might not be running it the way you like, but TBH dude people are SICK to death of hearing it.

Just cheer on your fellow countryman and go back on AD and chat your sh1t over there. Or maybe ust do what that James Montgomery did, start a new topic or thread every month on why UKA's rubbish and spout it on that.

I hate if this sounds personal, its just that this was working and there was no more sniping, I'm big into athletics myself (no big time athlete or out) and its good to hear how there doing instead of seeing thread after thread hacked by people who basically hate CVC & UKA, and would rather see them fail. Acknowledge the positives, have a look at some of the stars that are showing this year like Jack Green and Judd and give the UKA some credit.

Thats my piece, bit long winded but ive just spent 2 pissssssin hours sorting my twitter account out.

B*W*F*C

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Tue 21 Jun 2011 - 23:59

Mods won't struggle.

The Admin have already made it clear that they would rather see the forum die under a pile of political manure than have a good poster and moderator operate the forum in the way he best thought would generate decent talk about the sport of athletics.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 0:19

I dunno, I actually feel that flash has been quite reasonable on here since he joined. Sure there's been the odd dig at UKA, but it's not like 606v1 where it was pretty much all he did. In fact, the only article I can find in which he has a bit of a go at them is the one about the European Team Event results, and said article actually had some pretty good debate going. Hardly like on old 606 where it was an article a day slating UKA.

As such, I'm willing to give this "Fresh Start" thing a go, and wish others would do the same. This is easily the best athletics forum (and sports forum in general) I've found post 606, let's not ruin it!

PS: Isabre, if you're reading this, please come back, we really miss you!!!!

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggut Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 7:17

The only reason that those threads havent been destroyed is that the people that he has attacked havent retaliated. Personally if the mods dont start deleting his posts where he attacks other posters then the forum will be destroyed because i for one am not going to sit by and let him lie about me. Especially when he then acts like some kind of victim if you dare disagree with him.

Biggut

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 7:25

Biggut - if you feel a post needs to be deleted then use the "report" button

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by jjimbojames Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 7:38

flashcoach wrote:Isn't that rather like asking football fans not to talk about management, there is no escaping the fact that everything is intertwined, and if it is someones opinion that bad management had a direct bearing on the performces then people will and rightly so say so.

Why should these peoples opinions be the subject of so much abuse?

I have no problem with such debates being on a seperate thread away from basic athletics performances, just as long as everyone accepts admins request to allow freedom of opinion free from abuse.
This is fine, as people know what they're getting into. Personally, I take the opinion that I can do nothing about it, so why waste my time discussing it

In light of your suggestion, please could we stop everything from the subtle, sly digs at UKA to the full on attacks of them, and the retaliation from those defending UKA, going into ANY thread that isn't simply 'Your thoughts on UKA here' type thread? (Aimed at all obviously, not you - unless you fancy arguing for both sides!)

jjimbojames

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggut Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 8:14

I would prefer there was no politics, I don't start political threads as a rule, the number I have started over 5 years of posting can probably be counted on one hand.

However, I object to the personal insults and allegations from Flash is being abused, several of which are still up on this site. Flash, I think you will find it is only you who is abusing people so it should be very very easy for you to ensure that he site does not have any abuse on it.

Biggut

Back to top Go down

Post by Just a runner Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 8:19

YI man, this forum was much better than the others because Isabre deleted anything related to politics. It´s a shame you feel you have to take a stance as there is only 1 poster keeping this UKA witchhunt on here and you can see it in many posts.
Other forums cover politics (AW/AD) and this was a breath of fresh air. How can we move back to the happy ground of athletics?

Just a runner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 8:42

Simple answer runner, we don't censor opinion. If people want to post slating the UKA then they can. We don't censor comments slating tennis players or boxers, so why should this section be any different.

Back to top Go down

Post by skimpton Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 9:01

Y I Man
Can we have a separate section then?
One called Athletics for posting Athletics Results Performances News etc
And a separate one called Athletics Policitics.
Then reinstate lsabre as mod for the Athletics Results Performances News etc and let him mod out the politics.
Let the others use the Athletics Policitics section!

Win win all round

skimpton

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 9:07

If you want a separate subsection just for results and news, and the general section for all things athletics discussions, im sure we can do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Just a runner Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 9:12

That sounds good - Can you all it athletics politics though..... and the other athletics.

Honestly I hope that no-one posts in athletics politics (except one poster who will) and that we focus back on Athletics

Just a runner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 9:43

Flash - I'm not sure the first part of your post was enitrely necessary there.

With regards to the topics with are to purely come under athletics or politics in athletics - it's going to be a bit of a fine line, as there's no denying that as much as it's an irritant politics can and does get caught up in any sport.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggut Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 9:55

There wasn't any need for it and it is precisely this sort of behaviour that destroys the forum. Do we have to let it stand, or do we risk the thread descending by addressing it?

Unless the mods do their job properly and delete such unnecessary nonsense then the board is in danger.

Obviously our previous moderator would have deleted this, quite rightly, but was not inclined to save every post that he had to delete. Perhaps now our current mods could delete this nonsense and keep a record of it.

Biggut

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 9:58

The paragraph mentioned, while maybe a little unnecessary, didn't break any rules and therefore will be left.

Biggut - would you like me to edit or remove your post without ny explanation or record to the other mods?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 10:15

I very much appreciate the wisdom of our administrator, who is obviously not swayed by silver tongued posters who may or may not have hidden agenda, I would also not publicly tell them how to do their jobs, their simple tenet of allowing opinion to be made free from abuse regardless of its nature is an excellent one which may prove very difficult for some posters to cope with given the level of protection they have had on other forums when breaching this basic right. But thats the past and this is all about a new start, and the sooner we start it the better.

(My opinion which is only what I put above on my last post rugby dreamer and far truer than you may belive and if I didn't think it neccesarry I would not have opined it, I could also say what BigGut has put must also have been unneccessary where do we start and where do we stop?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 10:25

Biggut, and yet the first post on this article by DJ is ok?
I havent seen you complain about that one.

I think you all need to re-read my article post again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 10:28

Flash - PM for you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 10:42

Ive tried being the nice guy here. Ive sent endless amounts of private messages addressing the issues and problems. I had hoped that this 'Fresh Start' article would put a few things in perspective.

But no. You are obviously not willing to stop the petty arguments, digs and attacks on eachother as evidenced on this article, which was in fact calling for a truce.

If ANYONE else posts another article or post attacking another member, they will be banned temporarily without warning for a period of time at the admins discretion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggut Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 10:43

Thank you I think that is entrely what is needed.

Biggut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 10:44

It works both ways Biggut, the warning is for everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 10:47

Thank you admin, your council is wise and will be complied with 8)

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggut Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 10:50

Y I Man,

My comment was purely an illustration used in this debate. Since that debate has now concluded I have deleted it anyway (before your last post by the way).

I would never post what is clearly a personal attack on an athletics thread. I stick to posting aboutt he point that is being debated. As I said in one of my now deleted posts I do not see why either comment should be allowed, we should be debating athletics not the individuals posting on this site.

Biggut

Back to top Go down

Post by english_osprey Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 12:18

yi man
did you delete my earlier post re flash?

english_osprey

Back to top Go down

Post by camerajuan Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 14:31

I've been deleted again.

This forum has descended into a joke since lsabre got canned & flash is being defended.

I'm done. Deleting my profile.

Mods - you ruined it.

camerajuan

https://www.youtube.com/user/pondguard22?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Just a runner Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 14:38

Don´t do it cameraJuan, stick with it, we´ll focus on athletics and ignore any politics threads/comments

Just a runner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down