The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Without prejudice - a fresh start for everyone. Please read.

+16
Adam D
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Imperial Ghosty
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Eric Da Cat
Enforcer
Scottrf
D4thincarnation
huw
BALTIMORA
Davie
The Galveston Giant
coxy0001
Rowley
Fists of Fury
HumanWindmill
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Without prejudice - a fresh start for everyone. Please read. Empty Without prejudice - a fresh start for everyone. Please read.

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 9:34

Morning, folks.

606v2 seem to be growing steadily, both in numbers and in reputation, and I believe that many would agree with me that the boxing forum is considerably better than its BBC predecessor. There is a solid core membership, a nice variety of topics and GENERALLY a happy balance between banter and serious boxing discussion.

However, the one ' fly in the ointment ' concerns a problem inherited from the BBC forum and it is one which threatens to ' cheapen ' the standards set.

We are all adults here, so there is absolutely no need for me to tread carefully or ' beat about the bush.' The simple fact of the matter is that the war between D4thincarnation and others has become a blight, and is making things very difficult for the admin team and the moderators to ensure that everybody enjoys himself or herself here at the boxing forum. It is a vexing problem for both the admin team and also for those of us whom they - and you, by way of vote - have asked to moderate things here. If we do nothing, then the board can descend into chaos, whereas if we jump in to every ' playground scrap ' we lay ourselves prone to charges of being ' power crazy,' etc.

If I might take off my moderator's hat for a second, I'd just like to remind everybody that the admin team and moderators are also regular posters who love their sport, just like everybody else. It is a great deal more fun for us to discuss sport and engage in good natured banter than it is to ' referee ' punch ups and skirmishes or remove offending posts. The best moderation is that which is invisible, and if we all play the game, we can achieve this.

To D4thincarnation I say this :

The entire admin team and the moderators KNOW how you delight in pushing buttons, cattle prodding, and dropping subtle innuendo into threads to incite reaction. Your game of brinkmanship with forum rules is becoming tiresome and is causing a great many problems.

Please exercise respect for those who do not share your enthusiasm for certain fighters, and please refrain, from today onward, from subjecting us to the war of propaganda. NOBODY wishes to curb your enthusiasm for certain fighters, but EVERYBODY expects you to do so while being sensitive to other members. Let Pacquiao be Pacquiao, and let other topics run without your trying to inject Pacquiao, or whomsoever, into them.

To D4's detractors I say this :

It has become almost instinct to pre judge D4's input to the forum and to then, by way of retaliation, deliberately try to incite him by hijacking HIS threads or comments, which has EXACTLY THE SAME effect on the board as do his eccentricities. Eventually, moderate members who do not wish to be a member of one or other faction find themselves dragged into the fray and fissures widen.

Again, we are all intelligent adults, and we can surely see that a repetition of the circumstances at the old forum will DESTROY ALL THAT IS GOOD here at 606v2.

Please feel free to add your comments, and please do not allow this thread to simply become a new theatre of war. If we ALL play the game, we ALL benefit.

As stated at the beginning, this is a fresh start for EVERYBODY. All previous misdemeanors are forgotten and we go forward with clean slates.

Thank you.

Last edited by HumanWindmill on Tue 10 May 2011 - 20:06; edited 1 time in total

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Without prejudice - a fresh start for everyone. Please read. Empty Re: Without prejudice - a fresh start for everyone. Please read.

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 9:56

Well said, Windy.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Without prejudice - a fresh start for everyone. Please read. Empty Re: Without prejudice - a fresh start for everyone. Please read.

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 10:09

As someone who has found himself very much in the D4 detractor category you speak of I am willing to give it a go and if everyone plays nice I am willing to try to do similar. Am man enough to admit I have took a degree of pleasure in picking fights with D4 recently but can honestly say were anyone else to take such contradictory position and argue black was white despite all evidence to the contrary I would do the same.

However in the general interests of the board I will paraphrase the godfather and maintain I will not break the peace we have created here today.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 10:15

"Never write off a great fighter"

It just makes my blood boil!

I promise to behave if he does, without wanting to question various objective views he may not possess.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 10:44

There's definitely a lot better things to be talked about whilst visiting the forum, than the same thing over and over.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 10:47

Who's D4...?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 10:51

andygf wrote:Who's D4...?

Put a thread on about Manny or Floyd, you will find out soon enough. You will not thank me for it though I can promise you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 10:59

I have had news back from my minion whom I sent out in the street with an errand that he is some kind of modern star, a rapper they believe.
I wish him all the very best in his future endeavours, but I fear that my taste is far too catholic to have allowed his works-worthy though they surely are-to permeate my consciousness.
King Sunny Addy, Chaka Dema and Pliars, and now this D-Icer, goodness gracious! Now...back to my Glenn Miller.

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 11:07

rowley wrote:
Put a thread on about Manny or Floyd, you will find out soon enough. You will not thank me for it though I can promise you.

Congratulations on being the first to break the ceasefire Rolling Eyes

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 11:10

Dear god if you consider that breaking the ceasefire wait till Coxy gets himself warmed up

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 11:11

andygf wrote:Who's D4...?

Isn't it a region of Sudan?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 11:12

Davie wrote:
rowley wrote:

Congratulations on being the first to break the ceasefire Rolling Eyes

You only posted here cause someone mentioned Glenn Miller.

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 12:08

I personally like D4 his views are extreme regarding not just one but two fighters.

It does seem however that D4 could post 'it is sunny outside' and people will argue 'til they are blue in the face he is wrong.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 12:17

huw wrote:I personally like D4 his views are extreme regarding not just one but two fighters.

It does seem however that D4 could post 'it is sunny outside' and people will argue 'til they are blue in the face he is wrong.

It is sunny outside. Whistle

Windy it seems you took my advice and did create a thread about D4, you and Rowley just need your own show now.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 12:20

D4thincarnation wrote:
huw wrote:I personally like D4 his views are extreme regarding not just one but two fighters.

It is sunny outside. Whistle

Windy it seems you took my advice and did create a thread about D4, you and Rowley just need your own show now.

Haha !

See how close you are to my heart, D4 ?

I think we can all clear the air, have a clean slate and move on from here. I certainly hope so ; best for all of us in the long run.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 12:22

Think Grumpy Old Men has already been done

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 12:23

rowley wrote:Think Grumpy Old Men has already been done

Give us a Greb and a Burley and we'd do it better, I'm sure.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 12:31

I picture you two like Statler and Waldorf of the muppets, except it no a theatre you are in, it some boxing arena and you just spend all day complaining about the modern game and going on about the good old days.

http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lghr17100+old-school-statler-and-waldorf-poster.jpg

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 12:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the pic.)

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 12:35

D4thincarnation wrote:

I picture you two like Statler and Waldorf of the muppets, except it no a theatre you are in, it some boxing arena and you just spend all day complaining about the modern game and going on about the good old days.

http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lghr17100+old-school-statler-and-waldorf-poster.jpg

That's one of the nicer ways that I've been called a ' muppet ' D4. Hats off to you, Sir.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 13:18

Can we remove the friend or foe notice? Getting overrun with stickies.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 13:26

Scottrf wrote:Can we remove the friend or foe notice? Getting overrun with stickies.

I'll have a word with the admins, Scott.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 13:28

Thanks.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 13:28

Scottrf wrote:Can we remove the friend or foe notice? Getting overrun with stickies.

Done.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 13:38

HumanWindmill wrote:

While you're at it..........

Can we remove the poster who goes by the name..

No no, i'll leave it

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 13:40

coxy0001 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

No no, i'll leave it

In the words of Duke McKenzie - He's gone, mate.

( You did mean Shantel Jackson, ...................................................didn't you ? )

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 13:42

HumanWindmill wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

No no, i'll leave it

( You did mean Shantel Jackson, ...................................................didn't you ? )

One down one to go.................

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 13:43

coxy0001 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

No no, i'll leave it

( Polishes nice, shiny, clean new slate. )

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 14:10

HumanWindmill wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

No no, i'll leave it

Won't take long for that slate to get covered in drivel! Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 14:15

coxy0001 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

No no, i'll leave it

Won't take long for that slate to get covered in drivel! Wink

Keep the faith, coxy. Negotiating peace here is only marginally more difficult than in the Middle East, and thus far it seems to be working.

Hillary Clinton, take note.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue 19 Apr 2011 - 17:38

We've already been approached as a possible new peace envoy for the Middle East. But we said that whilst it wouldn't take up as much time as the boxing forum, we didn't feel it fair on our members!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Da Cat Wed 20 Apr 2011 - 14:04

Any disputes or aggro are dealt thru me, any backchat ill all sort you muthas out !!

I'm an animal
Eric Da Cat
Eric Da Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 20 Apr 2011 - 14:32

Eric, think whilst Windy's effort at reconciliation is admirable and well timed only rhymes can unite us now and only one man can provide those rhymes. Don't let us down in our hour of need.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2011 - 16:56

He's the Mutha-Flippin'..... Hiphop-opotomous,
His lyrics are bottomless

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 20 Apr 2011 - 17:01

Too right Andy, think had Eric turned his attention to the whole Manny floyd situation sooner we would have avoided a lot of unpleasantness. To be honest had he got involved in the negotiations from day one suspect we would be on here discussing the third fight in the trilogy now

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2011 - 17:08

Quite right. Fighters who rapped include-Muhammad Ali, Lennox Lewis.
Fighters who do not or never did rap-A-Force,Butterbean and Gavin Rees.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 23:04

Windy, this amnesty is an excellent suggestion but will never be upheld I'm afraid, the dye has been cast for too long for attitudes to change. Whilst we all appreciate that this is a new forum, it's essentially a forum that recruited nearly all over it's members from another site - and in doing so inherited the quirks, dynamics, history and rivalries of that sites users also.

The "Mayweather Pacquiao debate" thread has been permanently locked it seems. Today someone made an article regarding the accusations of cowardice against floyd. I made my point on that thread early because I knew what it would descend into. I've logged back on this evening and, lo and behold, it is locked. Several other threads have also descended into similar farce. We all know what - or who - the common denominator is in all this.

With regard to the "Floyd Coward" thread, i initailly thought that the thread was provocative enough that we should expect nothing else. But then I thought "no". It infuriates me that, as boxing fans, we cannot sensibly discuss one or both of the two top protagonists of the sport on a boxing forum without the same infuriating process being recycled every time it is attempted. Why should boxing fans be denied the right to healthy debate because of the views and reputation of a particular user (a user i might add that I generally get on ok with and who is fine on other subjects). When you really think about it, it's unacceptable. Perhaps there is a facility where users can be blocked from particular threads if they ruin them, rather than the board as a whole, which seems a bit draconian.

There are users on this boxing forum with a huge depth of knowledge of the sport, from whom I have learned loads. There are cracking debates on a wide range of subjects, yet one subject - a popular, ongoing subject that is vital in the current era - has become virtually taboo because of the attitude of one person and of course the consequent attitudes of others toward him. This just isnt fair on other users who wish to healthily debate this issue. I admire your sense of optimism on this thread, but it wont cut much ice, however the problem DOES need to be stamped out one way or the other - for the longterm good of the forum.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Apr 2011 - 23:42

@Sugar Boy Sweetie

I totally agree with you, the moment I saw the thread my feelings were the same but I was less optimistic than you, I jested with Baltimora & lo & behold look what happens. It is sad the threads descend into petty arguments & abuse. Like yourself I think D4 is ok, this subject aside, & post some decent articles like the 2 tonight. I have said as he well knows I consider him a total wum on this subject & tonight for me proved (read my post & his 1st couple for clues) this. Its just a pity people dont just ignore him on this subject but no egos get in the way. I actually asked that all future Floyd/Manny articles be banned until we hear something concrete from legitimate & verified sources with regards to the fight happening but this wasn't an option, fair play to the admin team they wanted people to be responsible & showed a bit of trust. Lets just hope in the future people can debate in a more reasonable manner or abstain when it comes to this subject.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 7:56

Sugar Boy,

Thanks for your excellent post and extremely well balanced points, and thanks also to sohotnot for your comments.

All I can tell you at this stage is that the admin team are working behind the scenes to find a workable and permanent solution. Oxy, az and myself are in close contact with them and so this is a real ' team effort ' to get to the bottom of, and eradicate, the only serious problem to blight the boxing forum.

Your input WILL be carefully taken into account by the admin and moderation teams, and for the sakes of ALL members we will find a solution.

Thanks again.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 9:40

SBS excellent post that pretty much mirrors my view on the subject. Have made the point before but when a boxing forum cannot discuss the top two fighters in the world, along with the subjects of weight jumping and catchweights that is not healthy. I also saw the Cowardice thread and because of how it would inevitably end up I gave it a wide berth, this is a farce as it was a thought provoking thread written by a poster whose opinions I respect, but you read it and decide it simply ain't worth the hassle.

As you rightly say we all Cat foot around the subject but we all know the common denominator in this and until that is addressed I fear things are not going to improve irrespective of Windy's admirable intentions with this thread

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 9:48

As you rightly say we all Cat foot

Damn you, swearing filter

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 9:57

Sohotnot: I actually asked that all future Floyd/Manny articles be banned until we hear something concrete from legitimate & verified sources with regards to the fight happening but this wasn't an option,
--------
I can understand that request but for me that goes against the mission statement of a forum, which shouldn't restrict it's users from debating certain subjects. My grumble is that most of us cannot have a sensible and objective discussion about this subject, and that is due to D4's presence on the board. Banning the subject doesn't solve the initial problem, it just takes it out of the equation for everyone, leaving no debate at all. I notice on the thread that Mighty Atom was given a 24hr ban. Clearly he is as sick as everyone else at D4's selfish approach to this subject, but in getting wound up it's him that suffers, whilst D4 who is subtle and WUMs within the boundries of the rules gets off scot free. I know 100% that D4 is a wum on this subject. Anyone that shows his sound understanding of boxing, yet goes on to claim marg v manny is a 60/40 fight in mannys favour yet floyd v manny is 90/10 in mannys favour is clearly wumming, regardless of what you say about freedom of opinion. I believe windy calls it "cattle prodding". Essentially it is passive incitement, and it happens every time the subject is raised, which in turn provokes reaction and the subject becomes a 'D4 vs 606' bickering match, leaving no room for sensible objective debate. We know the problem won't go away, it's been going on for two years, the issue now is to sort it out once and for all.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 10:05

Agree again SBS it's wumming. Read back on Zoomy's thread and claims like I never called D4 a coward from D4 are just drying out for someone to go through 606 and re-find his "if it walks like a duck, etc" comments as I know as well as everyone else he has called Floyd a coward countless times, but if I'm the one to do this and call him to account for this I'm the one bullying and will go the way of the Atom.

On the whole I'm a fairly liberal guy and would be against too draconian moderating of the board but when someone is telling downright lies and has a position that changes with the wind to the point where it puts major subjects into the no go area is just wrong.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 15:59

@Windy

I think its a real shame that you, the rest of the moderators & especially the admins have to spend so much time on this problem when you can be doing far more constructive things for the entire forum of which all are doing a great job. Good luck with your problem solving.

@SBS & Rowley

Now I dont particularly want anything to do with with Floyd/Manny banned but it almost seems the only answer, I'm just venting my frustrations differently than some others & not getting a 24hr ban because of it. Also I find there is very little left worth discussing about said boxers, how many different angles came we come from, what has not already been discussed? I think its a pity people let themselves get wound up about it, its best to just ignore rather than encourage.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 16:03

sohotnot wrote:@Windy

I think its a real shame that you, the rest of the moderators & especially the admins have to spend so much time on this problem when you can be doing far more constructive things for the entire forum of which all are doing a great job. Good luck with your problem solving.

Thank you, sohotnot, both for the compliment and the wishes.

I certainly look forward to getting back to normal boxing discussion.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 25 Apr 2011 - 23:30

Windy

Normal boxing discussion gets next to no replies, it seems you have to say something outragously extravagant to get a response nowadays.

Gone are the days it seems of Chris' forgotten greats and other such articles

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 26 Apr 2011 - 8:03

The Mighty Atom wrote:Windy

Normal boxing discussion gets next to no replies, it seems you have to say something outragously extravagant to get a response nowadays.

Gone are the days it seems of Chris' forgotten greats and other such articles

I agree that we've found ourselves down a few too many side alleys lately, Ghosty. However, being a ' glass is half full ' type of person I have every reason to believe that once the foundation is re established the boxing forum will grow from strength to strength. We have an excellent collection of members with very deep and varied interest and knowledge. Plenty to share and plenty to learn. If we get this little blip behind us I believe we will ALL really enjoy ourselves here.

It'll require patience, a certain discipline, ( for a short while, ) and, above all, respect and sensitivity toward each other, and I am firmly of the opinion that every single member is capable of these.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Apr 2011 - 13:34

Comrades,is this motion passed or not?I'm just not sure.
Now, item 509 on the agenda....refuge collections..

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 26 Apr 2011 - 13:37

Can I keep my old prejudices I absolutely despise Junior Witter is that still OK?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Apr 2011 - 13:38

andygf wrote:Comrades,is this motion passed or not?I'm just not sure.
Now, item 509 on the agenda....refuge collections..

We still haven't agreed on the dental plan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 26 Apr 2011 - 13:39

But we have agreed to a keg of beer for all future meetings.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next