The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cm punk update

+30
Scorch The Dragon
BlueDragon1205
Ent
liverbnz
Sara
Jammy31
Brady12
Facey_James
Bonesaw's ready
crippledtart
pauline1981
ADMIN
Crimey
Bull
Fernando
Dexter Morgan
TheKop
UpsideDownFace
talkingpoint
more_awesome_than_a_ri
AberdeenSteve
Dave.
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Kay Fabe
Francis
Mr H
boomdangle
hodge
User Name
JamesLincs
34 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

cm punk update  - Page 3 Empty cm punk update

Post by JamesLincs Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:07 am

First topic message reminder :

punk confirms it then, he leaves the night of mitb. no wwe for a while for me then

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

cm punk update  - Page 3 Empty Re: cm punk update

Post by Mr H Thu 23 Jun 2011, 3:11 pm

Or.

Punk v Cena is before the Raw MITB match. Cena wins.

New Nexus takes out a competitor in the MITB match.

Punk takes his place.

Punk wins MITB.

Leaves WWE with the MITB briefcase.

Returns after Cena beats The Rock at Mania and cashes in on Cena.

There would be one big IWC jizz-fest if that happened.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 23 Jun 2011, 3:12 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
liverbnz wrote:
Mr H wrote:Well im a fan, and i wouldnt care. I think it'd be refreshing and a nice suprise if something like that happened. Like i said it doesnt need to be so anal and by the book all the time.

Macho Man lost in what was advertised as a 'Career Threatening Match' at Wrestlemania 7, then a few weeks later he was back on our screens. That was false advertising, but i loved it, and so did most people.

Back on our screens as an active wrestler?

Neither am I saying it has to be by the book. These are the common basics of advertising - one that the WWE have rarely stuck to in recent times, which is bloody annoying and would be valid reason for the fanbase not being as big as it possibly should.
YES Back on the screen as a Wrestler, he lost to Warrior at WrestleMania then 3 weeks later had a match with Ric Martel, by October that same year he was back in the ring full time

Fair dos. I thought it was a while before he was back competing.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 23 Jun 2011, 3:16 pm

Electric Demon wrote:
liverbnz wrote:
Electric Demon wrote:
liverbnz wrote:

CM Punk seems a bright man. He'll know he has been treated like Poopie by McMahon .

He's paid to act a role. And I hazard a guess that the pay is quite good.

McMahon pays him - he can ask him to win OR lose as much as he wants.

That's not being treated like poopie.

What was it 15/16 PPVS in a row where CM Punk failed to win a match? If you think that doesn't affect any sane employee and we're all just in it for the money then well for ya. You'd be wrong.

It's not great for esteem

But it's not being treated like poopie is it?

He's on TV every week - not backstage cleaning toilets

If I was as talented in my job as Punk, and seen others less talented and less knowledgeable of the business getting promotions ahead of me I would consider that as 'treating like Poopie'. If he was backstage cleaning toilets, that would open up a whole new (legal) can of worms.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 23 Jun 2011, 3:34 pm

Pro Wrestling isn't about winning or losing, the best isn't always at the top, its about selling a story/angle to the viewer, Punk has a terrible win loss PPV record but since he is knowledgeable about the business he'll know all this, in the last 3 years he has won 3 World Titles, won 2 MitB,s won an IC and Tag Title, he also been the leader of two stables, while he could have been booked better, not many outside of Orton Cena and Edge have been given so much

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 23 Jun 2011, 3:34 pm

Mr H wrote:Or.

Punk v Cena is before the Raw MITB match. Cena wins.

New Nexus takes out a competitor in the MITB match.

Punk takes his place.

Punk wins MITB.

Leaves WWE with the MITB briefcase.

Returns after Cena beats The Rock at Mania and cashes in on Cena.

There would be one big IWC jizz-fest if that happened.

Unlikely to happen, but I for one love the idea.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 23 Jun 2011, 3:39 pm

I think i've got more chance of becoming WWE Champion than this happening to be fair.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 23 Jun 2011, 3:41 pm

I really like Davies' suggestion of Punk being teased as walking out as champion, only for the MITB winner to come out and win it from him before he can.

I really like it, thinking about Chicago's reaction to it unfolding clap

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 23 Jun 2011, 3:45 pm

Electric Demon wrote:I really like Davies' suggestion of Punk being teased as walking out as champion, only for the MITB winner to come out and win it from him before he can.

I think the best part is that the (presumably) heel who beat him for the belt would get huge heat because Punk would be mega over in Chicago, meaning they'd be an even stronger Summerslam opponent for John Cena. In addition, the lasting image of Punk will be of a hometown hero who was cheated out of the title, so he could return as a babyface if WWE desires.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 23 Jun 2011, 3:48 pm

I do like Davies' suggestion but I can't see anything past Christian winning at MITB. This is the third time he was faced Orton and it would be stupid to have him fail again. I see Christian beating Orton and then the Smackdown MITB winner cashing in and taking the title from him again.

WWE might have two cashing ins on one show but I highly, highly doubt it.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 23 Jun 2011, 3:49 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:
Electric Demon wrote:I really like Davies' suggestion of Punk being teased as walking out as champion, only for the MITB winner to come out and win it from him before he can.

I think the best part is that the (presumably) heel who beat him for the belt would get huge heat because Punk would be mega over in Chicago, meaning they'd be an even stronger Summerslam opponent for John Cena. In addition, the lasting image of Punk will be of a hometown hero who was cheated out of the title, so he could return as a babyface if WWE desires.

That's what I like about it. I didn't really articulate that though Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 23 Jun 2011, 3:49 pm

Walking out with the MitB case is a cracking idea

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:16 pm

I'd best be careful, fernando will have me for writing 'jizz-fest'.

Its hugely unlikely he'd walk out with the title, but to leave with the briefcase isnt beyond unbelieveable.

Crips, if someone did beat Punk at the end of MITB, who would it be? Cant be The Miz as we'd end up with Cena/Miz again.

I'd love it if on the Raw before the PPV in the last qualifying match there was a match between The Miz vs a Conquistador. The Miz is cocky and clowning around thinking he'll easily win the match until he is shockingly beaten via a roll up and the Conquistador qualifies for the match! In the MITB match, everyone is down and out of nowhere the Conquistador climbs the ladder and gets the briefcase as all the other competitors hold their heads in disbelief as they didnt take him as a serious threat.

Punk beats Cena, then out comes the Conquistador with a referee and Punk is laughing away. To Punk's suprise the Conquistador gets in alot of offence before Punk is on his back in the middle of the ring. The Conquistador does a lionsault and pins Punk for the 1-2-3. The crowd boo like crazy, Punk rolls out of the ring and looks stunned, before the Conquistador removes his mask to reveal himself as Chris Jericho!

Then we get Cena v Jericho, and it leaves the door open for Jericho v Punk.

Christ, what a load of rubbish!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:51 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Pro Wrestling isn't about winning or losing, the best isn't always at the top, its about selling a story/angle to the viewer, Punk has a terrible win loss PPV record but since he is knowledgeable about the business he'll know all this, in the last 3 years he has won 3 World Titles, won 2 MitB,s won an IC and Tag Title, he also been the leader of two stables, while he could have been booked better, not many outside of Orton Cena and Edge have been given so much

While it's true that wrestling isn't all about the winning or losing its not completely true to say it isn't about the winning or losing. Ask any wrestler what they'd prefer being world champ or wrestling on superstars and most if not all would say world champ! It's just the way you get to the top in wrestling isn't all about ability but rather how you sell yourself to the fans and how much of an all round entertainer you are. Cena is not world champ based on his wrestling ability but on his overall entertainment value. You also have put a very positive slant on what I actually think is rather the opposite - 3 world titles in the last 3 years, but Punk hasn't won a world title since losing the WHC at HIAC 09! If I were a X3 champ and then was made to lose it not to regain it again for the best part of 2 years I would interpret that as falling out of favour with the powers that be! Cena and Orton collect titles for fun nowadays and while Orton went through a spell of about 9-10 months of not having the WWE title last year it's no where near as long as Punk and he was given wins over people in that time too. And as far as the stables go - one stable (his own original stable) disbanded having never won any titles and his two disciples were FE'd and his second stable is a much weaker version of its original incarnation. Every cloud has a silverlining and all that but really WWE have just exploited Punk's talent giving him second rate feuds, an abysmal win/loss record and substituted titles for bad stables all because they know Punk is a genuinely talented performer who will make the best out of a bad situation. If Orton had been given that treatment he would have definitely thrown a tantrum by now.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:40 pm

Talking Point Punk's WWE career is way more than fighting on SuperStars, his PPV record may be awful but how many guys on SuperStars get PPV matches? The fact Punk gets so many PPV matcher despite the record tells you all you need to know about how important he has been in the last two years, its just the way the WWE book their heels, if he was face he'd have a better record withou a doubt, to prove a win/loss record doesn't matter Punk despite his record finds himself in the WWE Title main event

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:55 pm

I'm not saying Punk is not important to the WWE and I didn't mean to imply he was wrestling on superstars but my point was that he has been held back from achieving his potential. Whether he has been given a better deal than others is besides the point, I don't believe he is able to fulfill his potential in the WWE at present.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:58 pm

Maybe punk just isn't as good as some of you think?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:59 pm

Ent wrote:Maybe punk just isn't as good as some of you think?

I'll get my pitch fork and fire torch ..

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:05 pm

TP Punk wouldn't be the first guy to be held back from reaching his full potential, the business is loaded with them but Punk with all the achievements I already listed has had a full career in the WWE, far more than many past and present

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:23 pm

Punk does seem to be trusted a lot considered his relatively short time in the WWE as well. Without any kind of backstage friends or "company man" ethic, as well as having no where near the look WWE likes, or wrestling style. He has done exceptionally well when you really think about it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:43 pm

has punk really been in a position to be considered next in line since losing the title in 09' obviously we know his discipline lead him to lose the title so he would of been well out of favour for a few months. he then entered a long term feud with mysterio. the ses storyline then blended into a feud with big show. he was injured wasnt he for part of that feud? he then moves to raw and that is when he was possibly set for a push until he was injured again. hes brought back into a top feud involving nexus and cena. and then with orton and now we are here.

so in that spell of what, 2 years? hes been injured twice and been in vinces bad books

so my question is, was there even an opportunity for punk to be in the title picture? i dont think there was

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueDragon1205 Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:46 am

Electric Demon wrote:
OleH wrote:Sad

Doubt I'll watch raw after 18th July now.

Why do people say this?

Of course you'll keep watching it. Nobody watches a show for one star. That's like saying I only watch Eastenders for Charlie Slater. Like a kid only getting excited when Iggle Piggle appears on screen

My one yr old Nephew watches In The Night Garden all the way through id Makka Pakka's at the end, but if he's on near the begining he'll watch that bit the litterally, find the SKY remote and turn over lol
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:56 am

BlueDragon1205 wrote:
Electric Demon wrote:
OleH wrote:Sad

Doubt I'll watch raw after 18th July now.

Why do people say this?

Of course you'll keep watching it. Nobody watches a show for one star. That's like saying I only watch Eastenders for Charlie Slater. Like a kid only getting excited when Iggle Piggle appears on screen

My one yr old Nephew watches In The Night Garden all the way through id Makka Pakka's at the end, but if he's on near the begining he'll watch that bit the litterally, find the SKY remote and turn over lol

I've never watched Countdown since Carol Voderman left

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 24 Jun 2011, 9:43 am

Mr H, my bet would be that Del Rio would be the one to cash in. It would set up the rumoured Del Rio vs Cena Summerslam match.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 24 Jun 2011, 10:22 am

He's probably next in line, but for me Cena v Del Rio would suck big time.

I still find Del Rio very green and personally feel he should fued for the IC Title first. The WWE made a glaring error in allowing Del Rio to win the Rumble in my opinion, too much too soon.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 24 Jun 2011, 10:32 am

Mr H wrote:The WWE made a glaring error in allowing Del Rio to win the Rumble in my opinion, too much too soon.

I agree. It's always good to see them push new people but Del Rio hasn't yet done anything to suggest he's a surefire star for years to come. he could just as easily be a footnote in history, and that would damage the lineage of Rumble winners.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

cm punk update  - Page 3 Empty CM Punk Update...

Post by Mr H Fri 24 Jun 2011, 11:50 am

The plot thickens....

WrestleZone has learned exclusively that WWE creative team members are 'In the dark" as to CM Punk's future in the promotion.

"There are some members of the team who want to pitch Punk beating Cena for the title, and then defending it against him at SummerSlam, which is deja vu when it comes to the Punk vs Jeff Hardy situation when Jeff was leaving WWE," a key WWE insider told us this evening.

"There are other members of the team who are under the impression that Punk is leaving after the PPV, and even more who think Punk will show up on Raw the next night in an angle to completely write him out of the script," our source told us.

"One thing is for sure," we were told. "Right now, it's a state of confusion."

It would appear that the WWE are keeping their cards very close to their chests, and Punk is being very clever by teasing us with his Twittering.

One thing is for sure - I dont think anyone can predict which way this is gonna go, but seeing as the MITB PPV is live on Sky i think a hell of alot of people will be tuning in to find out.

Surely the WWE arent going to screw this up are they? Surely we wont get the generic Cena clean win and a Punk wave off to the crowd?

The fuse is lit, dont blow it Vince!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:07 pm

Some kind of twist would be awesome, nothing like that has happened for a while. However, I can see it going down the generic route.....

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorch The Dragon Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:13 pm

Could Punk win the title to have the MITB winner to cash in immediatley?

Scorch The Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:14 pm

Could happen although I think that might be more likely to happen with Christian

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by longrangeeffort Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:21 pm

I havent managed to catch WWE for awhile...but i have lost count on how many times i have seen or read "dont mess it up vince!" Only for most people to go..."oh...oh dear" after its all said and done..

longrangeeffort

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:26 pm

This is what Vince is good at, he'll tease the IWC into thinking there is going to be something huge only for us to be extremely let down. I am surprised he hasn't put this on PPV over as he would have made a mint off of people buying it to see Punk.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:09 pm

He's made a mint already, SKY have paid for this PPV already, all the PPV's are planned a year in advance as to what SKY get

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:11 pm

Sorry Gaff, are you meaning that MITB is a Box Office or SS2?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:18 pm

Its on SKY

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:25 pm

Sky Sports 1
Get in!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,14206,00.html

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:36 pm

Honestly can't wait for MITB, even better it's on SS1 as it's the only Sky Sports channel I have. I won't get to watch until the Monday night though, I'll have started work by then broken

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:43 pm

That's the same for Steve, I only have SS1 (Mrs won't let me cough up for the both of them which is most annoying as I don't get Raw or SD at present) so I think I'll be booking the Monday off afterwards.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Fri 24 Jun 2011, 4:31 pm

I only have freeview, will have to record it at my parents and watch it there on the monday

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 24 Jun 2011, 4:35 pm

Hero wrote:That's the same for Steve, I only have SS1 (Mrs won't let me cough up for the both of them which is most annoying as I don't get Raw or SD at present) so I think I'll be booking the Monday off afterwards.

I'm still at home and mum ain't having no more sports channels on her tv as I already keep the tv remote to myself too often. Thank god for Sky Plus is all I am saying!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 24 Jun 2011, 4:36 pm

Dammit - I cancelled my Sky Sports because it's the off-season. Penny pinching

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 24 Jun 2011, 4:38 pm

Electric Demon wrote:Dammit - I cancelled my Sky Sports because it's the off-season. Penny pinching

You'll get it on WWEO.net on the Monday I'd imagine OK

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Fri 24 Jun 2011, 4:54 pm

Punk leaves with the belt,wwe replaces it with a new one. Cena gets crowned they new champ after a 8 man tourne.

Gets rid of the rubbish belt once and for all

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Fri 24 Jun 2011, 5:31 pm

Well if he's leaving you can't see Cena losing the title to him. Punk might get a goodbye speech at the end and Raw will continue the next night hunky dory. WWE Rivalries to tend to last quite a while though, so perhaps it's just a temporary curveball.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 24 Jun 2011, 6:22 pm

I love the Idea of Punk leaving with the MitB case and then returning an cashing in on John Cena at the end of WrestleMania

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 24 Jun 2011, 6:47 pm

best idea ive ever heard tbh. although theres no way his return will be able to be kept quiet.

i would go mental if he returned with the case to cash in on either cena or rock

o m g! it has to be done!

edit: or have rock and cena completely beat down, doesnt matter whos won. then on the tron a car or limo pulls up, the driver gets out and goes to the boot/trunk of the car and gets out a breifcase and then holds it out and all you see is punks taped and tattoo'd hands take the case from the driver. the crowd would go crazy. then seconds later punks music hits and after about 20/30 seconds out comes punk....

Last edited by JamesLincs on Fri 24 Jun 2011, 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 24 Jun 2011, 6:52 pm

Would they be able to risk it though? It wouldn't be too unrealistic to see him turning up in another company with the case.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 24 Jun 2011, 7:03 pm

I think it would be great, I think in order to sell the fact Punk has left they could have another MitB match on RAW a few weeks after Punk left, have whoever wins that one hold it until after WrestleMania, then start a feud with Punk over who was the rightful owner of the MitB contract

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jun 2011, 8:23 pm

JamesLincs wrote:
o m g! it has to be done!

edit: or have rock and cena completely beat down, doesnt matter whos won. then on the tron a car or limo pulls up, the driver gets out and goes to the boot/trunk of the car and gets out a breifcase and then holds it out and all you see is punks taped and tattoo'd hands take the case from the driver. the crowd would go crazy. then seconds later punks music hits and after about 20/30 seconds out comes punk....
I think I just wee'd a little.

Man, I love Punk's entrance now. The thought of a big production like that just makes me happy inside. The only thing that I would be skeptical about is the crowd reaction - I know most of the roster would get awesome reactions when they "return", it's just how people reacted to him on Raw this week. It was a very muffled response, no outright good or bad reaction.

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 24 Jun 2011, 8:28 pm

i agree about fan reaction, he has a hardcore fan base but it isnt the biggest.

another question might be would vince allow punk just roll straight back in and win the title?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Sat 25 Jun 2011, 12:03 am

the-gaffer wrote:I love the Idea of Punk leaving with the MitB case and then returning an cashing in on John Cena at the end of WrestleMania

That was my idea, did you hear that everyone, MINE, ALL MINE, mwahahaha. Imagine Rock beat Cena for the title, after the match while Rock is celebrating Punks music hits and he comes out with the briefcase and referee, Rock looks stunned and Cena hits him with an AA. Punk gets in the ring and shares a menacing grin with Cena before getting on one knee and asking Cena to put Rock onto his shoulders. Punk stands up and hits the GTS on The Rock before putting his foot on Rocks chest for the 1-2-3.

Massive heel turn by Cena, leading to a faction of Cena, Punk and 2 others.

Maybe I'm getting a bit carried away!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next