The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cm punk update

+30
Scorch The Dragon
BlueDragon1205
Ent
liverbnz
Sara
Jammy31
Brady12
Facey_James
Bonesaw's ready
crippledtart
pauline1981
ADMIN
Crimey
Bull
Fernando
Dexter Morgan
TheKop
UpsideDownFace
talkingpoint
more_awesome_than_a_ri
AberdeenSteve
Dave.
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Kay Fabe
Francis
Mr H
boomdangle
hodge
User Name
JamesLincs
34 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

cm punk update  Empty cm punk update

Post by JamesLincs Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:07 am

punk confirms it then, he leaves the night of mitb. no wwe for a while for me then

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

cm punk update  Empty Re: cm punk update

Post by User Name Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:12 am

Gutted. but knew it was coming.

Truth, Christian, Miz segment was brilliant Laugh

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:28 am

Randy... Riley .... Randy... Riley ....Randy... Riley .... JIMMY!!!! laughing

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Tue 21 Jun 2011, 8:20 am

it does make me interested in money in the bank though, as although i'm 99.9999999999999% sure he wont leave with belt it certainly has peaked my interest.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 21 Jun 2011, 9:17 am

The WWE are trying to sweeten him up with a main event match in his hometown of Chicago, but he's definately a goner.

I really hope the crowd are hot for him at MITB and Cena gets booed to hell, but i fear it will end up with a 'Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye'.

I must buy a copy of 'How Not To Treat Your Greatest Assets By Vince McMahon'.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Francis Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:01 pm

I think its more likely that the crowd will be massively anti-Cena, whenever Punk is in Chicago he gets a heros welcome regardless of playing a heel or face. Being that this will be his (God I hope not) last match in WWE and that he's against Cena - I can see this being the most anti-Cena crowd since ECW ONS.

Francis

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:34 pm

I definitely agree that this will have the RVD/Cena One Night Stand 06 feel to it and fair play to the WWE for using this to their advantage, they usually job out a leaver, this could and should spike buy rates, I hope Cena takes on the roll he did at ONS for this match

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:38 pm

Also it was great to here Punk emphasise the word Wrestler last night, its clear he loves the business, he needs to get away from the E for a while, I can see him working Japan and even some ROH but TNA fans shouldn't hold their breath

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:47 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but is CM Punk deliberately flounting the rules/norms of WWE - and saying things to cause trouble - or is he being given license to do so?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:52 pm

I don't know for sure but my guess is that with the WWE desperate to keep a hold of him I'm sure he has been given a helluva lot more leeway than he normally would.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:54 pm

But he has a reputatiuon of saying things out of turn, on twitter and the like, which he is now playing up to?

That's how I read it - but just wanted to check with someone more knowledgeable.

Should be a great atmosphere. I might consider buying the PPV for the first time in years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:00 pm

I think it's live on SKY, Yeah Punk has got previous, I like the fact he speaks up, I'm well sick of Chris Jericho now and his Company Man attitude, there is nothing wrong with being Pro WWE but I cant stand the Company line he squeels out now at every oportunity

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:06 pm

Could it just be a swerve?

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:12 pm

It could be, nothings set in stone yet I don't think

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:14 pm

I agree Gaffer i like how he speaks up, but there is a fine line in speaking your mind and being petulant. I thought Punk's promo was bordering on petulance.

I think he'll be back in the E though. His contract doesnt actually expire til November, so perhaps they've agreed to let him take time off from July on the basis that he'll return next year.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:15 pm

If it's a swerve I'll mark out like crazy.

PUNK IS CHAMP BAH GAWD!!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:18 pm

See, he can't leave if he's the champ, can he? I think he'd win, then announce because he has a title he has to stay on.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:21 pm

And then, he can say 'you listened to me more when I was lying' stuff.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:22 pm

He can leave as the Champ, I wonder if he did win the title if the WWE would let him recreate the Summer of Punk where he would threaten to sign a contract with a rival live on air on the WWE Title

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:23 pm

What did he say that was border line petulant H?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by more_awesome_than_a_ri Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:37 pm

I'd like to see:

Punk wins title, leaves and takes the stupid spinning belt with him.

A tournament is commisioned for the vacant title running until the final at Summerslam where Alberto Del Rio beats Cena and unveils the new looking WWE Championship.

Would be sad to see Punk go though, really enjoyed his work, thought he made a great commentator as well!!

Also anybody else noticed how he can just sit cross legged from a standing position?!!! I'd snap my legs trying that!!

Last edited by more_awesome_than_a_ri on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : couldn't spell the word like correctly!!!)

more_awesome_than_a_ri

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:44 pm

No way the WWE would let anyone walk out with their top title just incase he did show up in TNA with it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:49 pm

Ok Gaffer, are you saying that, if Punk wins and he becomes champ, he would kayfabe leave WWE but wouldn't really, and would appear as an 'independent contractor', if you can call it that.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:50 pm

Dave wrote:Ok Gaffer, are you saying that, if Punk wins and he becomes champ, he would kayfabe leave WWE but wouldn't really, and would appear as an 'independent contractor', if you can call it that.

It'd be no different to Cena going home for his mama's birthday after losing to Barrett.

Poor old dear. He didn't even go.

Back to top Go down

Post by more_awesome_than_a_ri Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:53 pm

He doesn't have to literally take the belt with him though, just leave as champion like Edge did (different reasons for leaving) he will have a 90 day no compete clause i imagine so by the time he did turn up in TNA (which i can't see Punk ever doing) there would be a new champ in the WWE, and they could introduce a new belt.

However Cena will probably make him tap 30 seconds into the match and remain champ

more_awesome_than_a_ri

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:58 pm

Dave wrote:Ok Gaffer, are you saying that, if Punk wins and he becomes champ, he would kayfabe leave WWE but wouldn't really, and would appear as an 'independent contractor', if you can call it that.
I don't even think he will win, but if he did thats just something I think I'd like to see the WWE play it out

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:08 pm

If Punk is burnt out he should leave like Jericho did in 2005, let him recuperate and find himself again and come back twice as motivated. The bug will bite him and whether it is with WWE or another promotion he will be back wrestling. I do think he will return to the WWE though eventually.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:16 pm

more_awesome_than_a_ri wrote:Also anybody else noticed how he can just sit cross legged from a standing position?!!! I'd snap my legs trying that!!

haha its awesome, i do it all the time

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:36 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I think it's live on SKY, Yeah Punk has got previous, I like the fact he speaks up, I'm well sick of Chris Jericho now and his Company Man attitude, there is nothing wrong with being Pro WWE but I cant stand the Company line he squeels out now at every oportunity

When I read this I thought surely MITB would be on box office. I'd consider it to be the biggest PPV outside the top 4 nowadays. But you're right. It's on Sky Sports. Which I'm absolutely delighted about. Especially with the match that was announced last night. Really sad to see Punk leaving but it's going to be a great atmosphere. Will be stopping up for this one!!!!!

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKop Tue 21 Jun 2011, 5:15 pm

Gutted! Punk is one of very few reasons i still watch WWE, with him gone i've not got much else to look for.

I know it won't happen, but i hope Punk goes out champion, and they get rid of that god awful spinner belt.

Punk on his Twitter is promising to go out with a bang. so lets see what happens

TheKop

Back to top Go down

cm punk update  Empty CM Punk Leaving?

Post by Dexter Morgan Tue 21 Jun 2011, 9:40 pm

Is it true?

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 21 Jun 2011, 9:43 pm

yep he's leaving after his title match at the ppv

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 21 Jun 2011, 9:45 pm

we dont really know whats happened backstage though so if Punk wins there's a 25% chance he may stay

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:29 pm

H said today that his contract isn't up until November so if he is stepping away in July it might not be all as it seems

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:46 pm

the-gaffer wrote:H said today that his contract isn't up until November so if he is stepping away in July it might not be all as it seems

Question: after two years of relegating Punk to an upper mid carder who has one of the worst PPV losing streaks of modern times do you really think Vince is just going to turn around as his contract expires and says "stay Punk we'll make it worth your while!"?

Let's look at the facts:

1. Punk hasn't won a world title in two years
2. Punk has been made leader of two factions in two years - 1 of which dissolved and both members were FE'd (not a great sign) and his current faction the 'New Nexus' is but a shadow of its former self after it first broke through onto Raw led by Wade Barrett. We are hardly talking about the new DX, NWO or the 4 Horsemen.
3. Punk is not considered a part of the inner circle of top 5 guys in the company

And I say all this as a massive Punk mark. Now I am not saying this isn't kayfabe and just another angle, of course it could be! But do I think if Punk returns after his hiatus that he's suddenly going to be given the Edge treatment and become a X11 world champion for example? No. I very much doubt he will be a X5 champion let alone reach the heights of Cena or Orton. I want CM Punk to win more world titles; I want him to have more wins at PPV and I want the company to recognise his talent, I just don't think Vince will about face and change his mind over Punk just because his contract is about to expire.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:52 pm

Its extremely unlike McMahon to use leaves in a positive way either though and Punk leaving Main Eventing a PPV in Chicago is as good as it gets for him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:49 am

Sad

Doubt I'll watch raw after 18th July now.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:58 am

OleH wrote:Sad

Doubt I'll watch raw after 18th July now.

Why do people say this?

Of course you'll keep watching it. Nobody watches a show for one star. That's like saying I only watch Eastenders for Charlie Slater. Like a kid only getting excited when Iggle Piggle appears on screen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:26 am

They're getting rid of their best wrestler, mic user, heel in a single bound.

I wouldn't say I watch just for CM Punk, but in a company ever dominated by PG and being the good guy he is pretty much the last great bad guy. I'm 28 and I have no interest in watching the likes of Cena or Orton crush people every week because they are the "big" faces.

I have a good moral upbringing but there's nothing better than cheering the bad guy because the victories are always much much sweeter. Ditching someone with obvious talent because he might be too mouthy is the easy way out. Hell, Shawn Michaels made his name that way.

I'm not saying I'll ditch following the wwe, but watching them turn the company into some nursery getting rid of all the non-conformists is not what I enjoy watching. I want to see out Taker's career too, he's the guy that made me start watching in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 22 Jun 2011, 12:32 pm

To be fair, the WWE aren't getting rid of Punk, Punk is the one who looks like he wants to get out

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:15 pm

I just don't understand if Punk is genuinly leaving why they would take the risk of pushing him like this. Even with the 90 day no compete clause he would still have enough momentum if he turned up in TNA, even if WWE think they have a verbal agreement that Punk will return when he doesn't feel so burned out isn't reliable at all as people in the wrestling business turn their backs on each other all the time.

With the added fact that his contract isn't up until November, I get the feeling all is not what it seems.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:20 pm

I'm wondering that too.
I think the WWE and Punk know they have the IWC in the palm of their hand and they're very good now at working them to their advantage.
Look at the Christian/Orton feud. The outrage, the publicity that the short title reign drew on Twitter and dirtsheets didn't result in the threatened blackout, it instead got the IWC watching and commentating on places like here.
They know that a happy IWC fan is one that can moan.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:24 pm

i fully expect punk to return to wwe.

he isnt bullschitting, hes obviously a bit fed up and tired atm

he may do other bits of wrestling here and there (excluding tna) but within a year i think he will be back in wwe.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:35 pm

punk ihope he dont come back

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:46 pm

Of course it's all been approved by Vince McMahon! Punk wouldn't be getting rewarded with a PPV main event if he was flouting the rules.

I like the homage of sorts to the Summer Of Punk angle. I can see this one being very brief though - my bet is that Punk beats Cena, only for the Raw MITB winner to cash in and beat him at the end of the PPV.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by more_awesome_than_a_ri Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:50 pm

If that was the case Davies, could you see Del Rio being the Raw winner of MITB?

He cashes in beats Punk and goes into a programme as the champ facing a challenging Cena at summerslam?

more_awesome_than_a_ri

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:52 pm

that sounds awesome

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

cm punk update  Empty Re: [No title]

Post by Bonesaw's ready Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:53 pm

What chance of WWE staging an homage to the fingerpoke of doom and having CM Punk lie down for Cena in his home town? Lawdy, lawdy, the internet would explode.

I'm not advocating such promotional suicide, but the heat would make even Russo blush

Bonesaw's ready

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:56 pm

no chance at all

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:59 pm

I would say Del Rio would be the favourite to cash in on Punk, given the rumours that he'll be facing Cena at Summerslam.

There is one huge flaw with this angle. Everyone knows that if Punk wins the title on the 17th, he'll be at Raw on the 18th. The intrigue is how they get around the obvious, which is that Punk will not be leaving with the belt.

Hopefully they do something interesting with this scenario, rather than having Cena win clean or having Punk win the belt only to show up on Raw.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next