The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HULL KINGSTON ROVERS THREAD PART 2.

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

HULL KINGSTON ROVERS THREAD PART 2. - Page 2 Empty HULL KINGSTON ROVERS THREAD PART 2.

Post by Luke Fri 25 Aug 2023, 1:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

Title of the thread still says what it's about
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

HULL KINGSTON ROVERS THREAD PART 2. - Page 2 Empty Re: HULL KINGSTON ROVERS THREAD PART 2.

Post by The Beast Fri 08 Mar 2024, 8:30 pm

At the risk of dragging this topic out even further and boring you senseless, there are rumours that Matty Storton will be heading for Wakefield next year, I wonder if true whether it was a factor in the Warera-Hargreaves decision.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

HULL KINGSTON ROVERS THREAD PART 2. - Page 2 Empty Re: HULL KINGSTON ROVERS THREAD PART 2.

Post by Luke Sat 09 Mar 2024, 12:56 am

The Beast wrote:At the risk of dragging this topic out even further and boring you senseless, there are rumours that Matty Storton will be heading for Wakefield next year, I wonder if true whether it was a factor in the Warera-Hargreaves decision.

To be honest I'm not surprised. I like Storton and think he's been good whilst he's been at Rovers. But with Luckley signing a contract extension, and with King,Whitbread also for a few years, can't see where he's getting game time, shown so far this season.
Don't think it has anything to do with Warera-Hargreaves,  as will have to lose an overseas player, and think that's more likely Sue.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 17 Mar 2024, 12:23 pm

A win after a couple of defeats, and we were far more dominant than the score.
Perhaps helped by playing the three quarters we should have been in there right position. With Evalds at fb, Burgess,Hiku,Gildart,Hall.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 20 Mar 2024, 2:16 pm

Got my ticket for Fridays challenge Cup tie. Looking forward to it, should be a good game.

Big rumour that Rovers have signed Tom Davis from next year. If this is true, be interesting to see who Rovers get rid of, with Burgess only on a 1 year deal,  and Hall out of xonyract.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 20 Mar 2024, 2:56 pm

In sad news.

Phil Lowe has passed away, probably one of the best ever 2nd rowers the game has seen.

RiP, 
Condolences to his family.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 23 Mar 2024, 10:58 am

Well, still not seen the opposition score in my 2 games this season so far.

Really good 1st half, where we pretty much overwhelmed Salford won it. Looked really good in attack, defensively solid. And in the next rd, everything you'd want from the night.
Only negative was seeing Oliver Gildart stretched off after an innocuous think. Hopefully it's better than it looked.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 26 Mar 2024, 8:12 pm

So we get Leigh. 

For the 6th time in the last 8 seasons. Just showing the stupidity of SL entering so late.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:01 pm

Youngster Leo Tennison has signed a 2 year contract, him & Louis Gorman are the big expectations of the club. So good to tie him till 2026, where he may get a game.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 21 Apr 2024, 11:33 am

It's been confirmed that Ryan Hall will be leaving at the end of the season.

A player who I was wrong about when he signed (I didn't think we needed him,or he be good). Outstanding work rate, always willing to make the hard yards. And a terrific finisher. Gave his all when playing. And a good watch during his 4 years. 
Best of luck to him next year (though not to much as believed to have signed for Leeds)., and a pleasure to have seen him in a Red & White shirt.

2024 LEAVER.

Back- Ryan Hall.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 24 Apr 2024, 11:56 am

More Rovers transfer news. 

Coming in on loan for the rest of the season,  before starting a 3 year deal is Back Jack Broadbent from Castleford.  

Going out on loan for the rest of the season are Louis Senior & Corey Hall to Castleford. 

2024 NEW SIGNINGS. 

Frwrd - Jared Warera-Hargreaves- Sydney Roosters-1 year 
Back - Jack Broadbent - Castleford- 3 years.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 26 Apr 2024, 10:53 am

Good day so far.
Got my tickets for St Helens at home next week,  and the semi final v Wigan. 

Can only go downhill from here.
Luke
Luke

The Beast likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 26 Apr 2024, 1:09 pm

Joe Burgess who only signed a year deal, has signed a new 2 year extension. Been very good so far.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 26 Apr 2024, 10:43 pm

Superb result tonight.
"Can only go downhill from.here" Very funny, hopefully wrong!!

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 02 May 2024, 10:42 pm

The Beast wrote:Superb result tonight.
"Can only go downhill from.here"  Very funny, hopefully wrong!!

It turned out an okay day, couldn't go to that night , so the highlight of the day was by 10.30am.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 04 May 2024, 4:57 pm

So just left the ground, Rovers were fantastic.  Really good performance, against a St Helens side that tried and looked okay. To beat Wigan and St Helens ina week, shows how far we've progressed. Sun, some really good tries, good performance.  A good day.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 04 May 2024, 5:39 pm

Wow. I mean that is a statement, best defence in the comp ransacked.

My question, where does this go in the best wins of the last few years?

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 05 May 2024, 5:56 pm

The Beast wrote:Wow.  I mean that is a statement, best defence in the comp ransacked.

My question, where does this go in the best wins  of the last few years?

Hard to answer. Thing is at the ground beforehand,  there was an expectancy we would win. Maybe not as big or well as we did, but that we would. Personally Warrington away in play offs (19-0)) if memory serves), Hull FC away 38-6 (again if memory serves), when only 16 fit players, Wigan last week given how good Wigan are, are better. 
But then again, the fact there was the expectancy says how far we've come.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Yesterday at 6:49 pm

Another swap deadline, though this one is permanent. 

Joining Rovers is forward Jack Brown from local rivals Hull FC.

2024 NEW SIGNINGS

Frwrd - Jared Warera-Hargreaves- Sydney Roosters- 1 year.
Back - Jack Broadbent- Castleford- 3 years.
Frwrd - Jack Brown - 2 1/2 years. 

And leaving Rovers is forward Yusuf Aydin ( who was never really given a chance) for Hull FC also on a 2 1/2 year deal.

2024 LEAVERS
Back- Ryan Hall to Leeds.
Frwrd - Yusuf Aydin to Hull FC.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2