The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora shows Usyk belongs at Cruiser....

4 posters

Go down

Chisora shows Usyk belongs at Cruiser.... Empty Chisora shows Usyk belongs at Cruiser....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 02 Nov 2020, 9:44 am

Consensus has Usyk winning 7-5 against an 80s Bert Cooper type journeyman that has seen better days..

There isn't a top heavy that hasn't beaten Chisora easily...Whyte is nothing special and he beat him twice.

Vitali and Fury both played with him...Haye dominated him albeit with the odd scare and he lost a shutout to Wlad.

Elements of Spinks to Usyk's campaign...Beating a past it Holmes and Cooney and then soiling it against Tyson..A fight he never seems to talk about while still denigrating 'Slapper' Larry...Spinks can't tell us if Tyson slaps he was too busy looking for a place to lie down...He nearly took a standing 8 count at the weigh in.

Though Usyk in fairness wouldn't bottle it but he lacks speed at Heavy like Spinks....Admirable heart though he has a plenty..

However...Usyk...Too small...Not quick enough....Cute yes but not for 12 against an 18 stoner with talent.

Holy found that out against a good genuine Heavy in Bowe and Holy was better and quicker than Usyk..

Fury ko3
Joshua ko 2

Go back down to Cruiser kiddo....Where you are great without a doubt...Holy and Usyk are miles above the rest of the Cruisers.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Chisora shows Usyk belongs at Cruiser.... Empty Re: Chisora shows Usyk belongs at Cruiser....

Post by No name Bertie Mon 02 Nov 2020, 11:00 am

Maybe Usyk thinks there is more money to be had at heavyweight including sponsorship deals. There seems to have been some improvement from Usyk's first heavyweight fight with Witherspoon and this fight with Chisora.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Chisora shows Usyk belongs at Cruiser.... Empty Re: Chisora shows Usyk belongs at Cruiser....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 02 Nov 2020, 11:41 am

Undisputed ruler at Cruiser is good money...Preferable to a big pay day and a coma against AJ or Tyson.

Usyk manager scored Usyk v Chisora a draw..

30-9 records remind me of Larry Alexander..James Broad types in the 80s.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Mon 02 Nov 2020, 1:04 pm

I think it can be said that Usyk is better than today's Chisora but probably not much more.  Haye was faster and more powerful when he went up to heavyweight than Usyk.  It will be interesting to see how Usyk does but he will be mixing with people that can cause him a lot of damage.  I don't think he will trouble the top heavyweights from current showing.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 02 Nov 2020, 9:11 pm

When this fight was first announced I thought Usyk would easily outbox and befuddle Chisora to win by about 10 rounds, but reading the reports (I didn't watch it) it sounds like he took a fair few blows to the head in order to do it. Chisora is not a known puncher in the division and as stated above is well past his sell-by date.

If one of the big boys detonates properly he'll be sleeping for weeks. I remember Roy Jones saying after his win over Ruiz that he had no desire to face someone Lennox' size. Usyk would probably do well to take notice of that statement.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 06 Nov 2020, 12:35 am

I didn't think Usyk struggled as much as some are saying, Truss. I think he pretty much controlled the fight and was comfortably on top from round five onwards. Most of those big right hand leads Chisora landed were in those first few rounds.

Not a performance that's going to be giving Joshua, Fury or Wilder sleepless nights though, you're right there. I think those right hands he took are a concern, but there were some good signs in the sense that, a) his engine and conditioning still seems to be there at Heavy, as he was still moving well, looking fresh and throwing a good number and variety of punches until the end, and b) on the occasions when Chisora was able to get hold of him and get right inside, he seemed able to cope with the muscling tactics and even showed he could fight a little bit inside, which he didn't have to do all that much at Cruiser.

Holyfield didn't get particularly great reviews in all his early fights as a Heavyweight, though like Evander did I'd prefer to see Usyk have one, maybe even two more fights as a Heavyweight before targeting the cream of the division. He did have Chisora shaken up a little in rounds seven and eight, and there are rumours of a hand injury sustained around that time - if that's legitimate, then it's not out of the question that he could have forced a stoppage in the late rounds under different circumstances.

At the moment I'd say he probably doesn't hit hard enough to make his style effective against any of the big three in the division. Don't get me wrong, I think he could possibly outbox Joshua or Wilder - until the moment he gets caught. He took Chisora's shots without any problems, but those guys are a different kettle of fish.

Even before he was gifted the WBO mandatory position, Usyk was talking about Joshua rather than Fury, and I think he's probably seen something he thinks he can exploit in Joshua. Usyk seldom does his best work in the early rounds, which might be why he's reluctant to mention Fury all that much - if Fury went in there with the same seek and destroy midset he adopted for the Wilder rematch, and Usyk has his usual low-key start, I could see Fury blasting him out of there inside three.

But he's a good addition to the Heavyweight division, and I'm still intrigued to see how he might do against the big guns. He's clearly very ambitious and has little intention of padding his record, so we should find out before too long.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Fri 06 Nov 2020, 2:06 pm

88Chris05 wrote:... Not a performance that's going to be giving Joshua, Fury or Wilder sleepless nights though ...
What's happening with Deontay Wilder anyone?  He seems to have missed the deadline for the rematch clause and has been coming up with new theories on how he lost - and nothing to do with him.  He is reported to have said Tyson Fury cheated with his gloves and his corner man Breland poisoned his water.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 06 Nov 2020, 3:10 pm

No name Bertie wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:... Not a performance that's going to be giving Joshua, Fury or Wilder sleepless nights though ...
What's happening with Deontay Wilder anyone?  He seems to have missed the deadline for the rematch clause and has been coming up with new theories on how he lost - and nothing to do with him.  He is reported to have said Tyson Fury cheated with his gloves and his corner man Breland poisoned his water.

Wilder is doing what Wilder does best - making a noise. It's just that now he doesn't realise that all he's doing is coming across as a bit of an idiot and a very bad loser. Considering that a member of his own team had to inspect Fury's supposedly-stuffed-with-granite hand wraps, he doesn't have a wobbly leg to stand on. He's fast turning into Shannon Briggs.

Mr Bounce

88Chris05 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down