The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora v Fury - Going for a Chisora upset !!

+22
theanimal316
Mr Bounce
jimdig
tunes666
Steffan
3fingers
kingraf
jbeadlesbigrighthand
aja424
Dipper Brown
Derbymanc
wheelchair1991
John Bloody Wayne
Strongback
hogey
Hammersmith harrier
88Chris05
catchweight
TopHat24/7
Rowley
hazharrison
TRUSSMAN66
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chisora v Fury -  Going for a Chisora upset !! Empty Chisora v Fury - Going for a Chisora upset !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Jul 2014, 2:17 pm

Considering Chisora was a near 20 stone fatty the first time and Fury didn't look convincing.......Gives me the feeling that with a 12 round window and against a chin that has been dented by an old and knackered Cruiser...Chisora may get through eventually and cause an upset....

Even though I can't stand Derek......My disregard for Fury is such that I don't really give a rat's assss who wins...

But I'm going with Chisora..............Has a better chin than Haye and Fury looks too amateurish...still !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Chisora v Fury -  Going for a Chisora upset !! Empty Re: Chisora v Fury - Going for a Chisora upset !!

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jul 2014, 2:35 pm

Chisora telegraphs his shots far too much even for a numpty like Fury to get tagged. He'll bully forward and whale away at Fury's body. Fury will lean on him and club Chisora on the back of the head. There'll be a couple of non-KD before one eventually gets called (wrongly) Chis will realize he's got to knock Fury out, get tagged, Fury will forearm smash him to the deck and the ref will wave it off.

I'd love Chisora to win but we know what Del Boy has to offer on the World Stage so do we need to see it again (he's not going to get any better). We haven't see Fury on the World stage but I'm guessing my assumption at what he does has to offer, namely sweet f**k all in a box, won't be far wrong of the mark so do we want to have to sit through that?

Back to top Go down

Chisora v Fury -  Going for a Chisora upset !! Empty Re: Chisora v Fury - Going for a Chisora upset !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Jul 2014, 2:58 pm

Not sure how "good" Chisora needs to be !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 02 Jul 2014, 3:02 pm

The problem with Chisora is that he's made his name as a game loser. How often do those guys win a big fight (if indeed this can be classed as such)? The likes of Golota and Briggs promised much but delivered little.

I think it will be a better fight than their first contest but Fury will land somethig big late on -- possibly while behind on the cards. He has luck on his side does Big Luke.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 02 Jul 2014, 3:59 pm

The first thing to say is whilst I have not looked at the odds, is, is Chisora winning such a huge upset? Dereck has been on a half decent win of late and whilst he has lost more than he has won, has mixed in better company than Fury, so probably has an edge in experience. I personally view this as a fifty fifty fight. Their first fight was pretty close until Chisora gassed and you would have to think even he is not going to be stupid enough to turn up looking like the Michelin man this time around.

If I had a gun to my head I would probably back Fury as I think he will outwork Dereck. As Dereck is not a huge puncher I don’t see him getting Fury out of there so struggle to see how he can win on points unless he seriously ups his output. Would not make a bet with any degree of confidence though.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Jul 2014, 4:14 pm

No it's not a big upset..........

Hence the use of upset and not... big upset !!

Chisora need to be a big puncher ??...............Cunningham was a cruiser !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 02 Jul 2014, 4:31 pm

Very true Truss, but Fury has heart, suspect if Dereck does put him down he would get up. As you know I am not convinced by Fury, but just think he has a bit too much desire and work rate for Chisora.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 02 Jul 2014, 4:35 pm

Got stung by this one of the prediction league last time - not making the same mistake again.

No predictions until after the way in!!

(Tho: Want - Chis; Think - Fury)

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 02 Jul 2014, 4:38 pm

Way in Top Hat? You're better than that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 02 Jul 2014, 4:39 pm

I think it will end up being a lot better a fight than most people think. Chisora has looked a bit chinny to me in his recent fights. I think Fury will have too much for him. I expect a fast start from Chisor though. He might wobble Fury or put him on the deck early on.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 02 Jul 2014, 4:56 pm

I think it could only take a bit of stupidity on Fury's part for him to lose this one.....Which is why Chisora is a live underdog!

Not even sure Chisora has much of a puncher's chance though, really. Fury can be got to and hurt / dropped as we've seen before, but Chisora's shots have looked pretty slow and scuffing in his last few fights, to me. If Fury boxes the way he did against Johnson then I doubt Chisora's repetitive attack will have much success. Always a chance that Chisora could put Fury down but I doubt he can keep him there.

Chisora got inside in their first fight and Fury found a way to deal with it. Chisora's improved in getting his weight down since then, but not really that much in a technical sense, in my opinion. Fury's made that side of his game a lot more competent in the three years since and I think he'll just be able to keep Chisora at bay and walk him on to a lot of shots, smothering him if / when he does get in close. Could potentially see a late stoppage for Fury here, or at least a wide-ish decision.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 02 Jul 2014, 5:05 pm

If Cunningham can drop him so heavily then Chisora can definitely keep him down, for as telegraphed as his punches are, Fury is so poor it doesn't really matter.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 02 Jul 2014, 5:26 pm

If Cooper can put Ali down, Liston will surely murder him. Alas in the real world things rarely work as simply as that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 02 Jul 2014, 5:27 pm

We're not talking about somebody with the talent and adaptability of Ali are we Jeff so it's a poor example.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 02 Jul 2014, 5:32 pm

No but there are reasons that can mitigate him going over against Cunningham, first fight stateside, his trainer could not get a visa, an opponent he assumed would be an easy nights work etc. The same as there are reasons Ali got put over by Cooper.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Jul 2014, 5:35 pm

Rowley wrote:If Cooper can put Ali down, Liston will surely murder him. Alas in the real world things rarely work as simply as that.

Alas in the real World Cooper had heart and managed to land..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 02 Jul 2014, 5:35 pm

Fury is a proven sucker for the overhand shot, Chisora uses this shot often and has much faster hands than people give him credit for. I dont think it will be an upset when Delboy stops the big lug. For me other than his woeful loss to Fury first time round all Chisora's defeats have come against people that would have KOed Fury, and looking at the effect even a sluglike Chisora's punches had on Fury had last time i dont see Fury lasting the distance against a sharper, quicker and fitter opponent in the rematch.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 02 Jul 2014, 5:37 pm

Rowley wrote:No but there are reasons that can mitigate him going over against Cunningham, first fight stateside, his trainer could not get a visa, an opponent he assumed would be an easy nights work etc. The same as there are reasons Ali got put over by Cooper.

Or the reality minus the excuses is that Cunningham was/is a better boxer before he was stopped by a grossly illegal shot whereas Ali cut Cooper to shreds and was dominant for the most part.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Jul 2014, 5:38 pm

hogey wrote:Fury is a proven sucker for the overhand shot, Chisora uses this shot often and has much faster hands than people give him credit for. I dont think it will be an upset when Delboy stops the big lug. For me other than his woeful loss to Fury first time round all Chisora's defeats have come against people that would have KOed Fury, and looking at the effect even a sluglike Chisora's punches had on Fury had last time i dont see Fury lasting the distance against a sharper, quicker and fitter opponent in the rematch.

That's how I see it..............Also saw Biggs beating Tyson with the jab..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 02 Jul 2014, 5:46 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Rowley wrote:No but there are reasons that can mitigate him going over against Cunningham, first fight stateside, his trainer could not get a visa, an opponent he assumed would be an easy nights work etc. The same as there are reasons Ali got put over by Cooper.

Or the reality minus the excuses is that Cunningham was/is a better boxer before he was stopped by a grossly illegal shot whereas Ali cut Cooper to shreds and was dominant for the most part.

So is it not the case his trainer could not get a visa or it was not his first fight stateside? I think Fury is rubbish, but I think Chisora is not much better, just find the idea that because Cunningham put him over Chisora will do the same and keep him there far too simplistic. He may, no outcome would particularly surprise me in this one, but if we're going to base our predictions on arguably one of Fury's worst performances why don't we assume Chisora will turn up like a tub of lard again and be blowing out of his arse after five rounds.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Jul 2014, 5:48 pm

Rowley wrote:

So is it not the case his trainer could not get a visa or it was not his first fight stateside? I think Fury is rubbish, but I think Chisora is not much better, just find the idea that because Cunningham put him over Chisora will do the same and keep him there far too simplistic. He may, no outcome would particularly surprise me in this one, but if we're going to base our predictions on arguably one of Fury's worst performances why don't we assume Chisora will turn up like a tub of lard again and be blowing out of his arse after five rounds.

I think they are both rubbish too and it's a fair assessment....

I'll take my chances that Chisora will be in shape...He seems committed of late..

But you could be right.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 02 Jul 2014, 5:50 pm

Rowley wrote:

It was a typical Fury performance, he just happened to be up against somebody better than him albeit far smaller, it wasn't just the one right hand that landed it was landing with regularity for the first five rounds and he was very fortunate to get the win.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 02 Jul 2014, 6:14 pm

I really like that Fury's sense of humour gets up the nose of the people around here who don't have a sense of humour.

People make more of Fury's visits to the canvas than is merited. Most of the times Fury has gone down when he was caught square on. He also walked into those shots with his hands by his waist. It doesn't take a whole lot of power to knock a big tower like Fury off balance. He has been stunned on occasion but has generally come to his senses very quickly unlike many fighters.

Chisora's story has run its course, Fury may get to challenge Klitschko with his '0' intact believing he can win.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Jul 2014, 6:44 pm

Strongback wrote:I really like that Fury's sense of humour gets up the nose of the people around here who don't have a sense of humour.

People make more of Fury's visits to the canvas than is merited.  

Irish ancestry perhaps.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 03 Jul 2014, 9:06 am

Rowley wrote:Way in Top Hat? You're better than that.

Hahahaha great pick up Rowley!! Totally missed that, what a wally.

*weigh-in, obviously.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jul 2014, 10:31 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:I really like that Fury's sense of humour gets up the nose of the people around here who don't have a sense of humour.

Perhaps he's of mixed Irish ancestry, ol' STRONGBACK...cos I can clearly see the bit where there's the enormous sense of persecution but none of the famed "craic" or sense of humour these plucky chancers are reputedly known for.

PS Fury has a sense of humour in the same way Jon Richardson has a sense of humour...namely that he speaks and people immediately think it would be funny to smack him in the mouth repeatedly

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 03 Jul 2014, 2:33 pm

If it weren't for Chisora's chin looking a fraction as tough since the Vitali and Haye fights I'd back him without question. Too much workrate from him, whenever he tagged Fury first time the big man looked hurt. If he can be effective against Fury as he was against Vitali I see him taking it impressively.

Fury is undefeated, but if he'd faced Helenious, Vitali and Haye I believe he'd have 3 KO losses. His last five foes have been gimmes, and he still made harder work than he should have.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jul 2014, 2:47 pm

You forget, Fury has the luck o' de Oirish (something his dad didn't have when he gouged that fella's eye out) so despite the pair of them looking like garbage, my withered black heart tells me Fury will come out smelling of shamrocks and convince people that being floored after touching gloves before the first bell is proof positive that he's the best HW on the planet and that everyone is scared of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 03 Jul 2014, 2:55 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Perhaps he's of mixed Irish ancestry, ol' STRONGBACK...cos I can clearly see the bit where there's the enormous sense of persecution but none of the famed "craic" or sense of humour these plucky chancers are reputedly known for.

PS Fury has a sense of humour in the same way Jon Richardson has a sense of humour...namely that he speaks and people immediately think it would be funny to smack him in the mouth repeatedly

I found him amusing after the Cunningham right in the first..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 03 Jul 2014, 4:02 pm

Same as we all like how Fast Eddie's success get's right up your nose......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Jul 2014, 7:51 am

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

I have no problem saying what my ancestry is Dave and you slag it off. I've have never heard you say what your ancestry is. Lowest common denominator stuff from you every time, you really are pond life.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 8:13 am

I think strongy is upset

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Jul 2014, 8:38 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Same as we all like how Fast Eddie's success get's right up your nose......

Are you referring to the silver spoon up Edwards bottom?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Jul 2014, 8:42 am

wheelchair1991 wrote:I think strongy is upset

I thinking your a sniveling coward sniping from the sidelines. I've never bothered with you.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 8:54 am

That'll be a yes then....... Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Jul 2014, 9:10 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:That'll be a yes then....... Laugh

My integrity is intact unlike some and when I look around I can see what I have achieved. Knowing I did it myself is a great feeling.

Eddie feels the weight of people's judgement of his silver spoon upbringing a lot more than I dislike the way he has made sport all about him and his company.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 04 Jul 2014, 9:20 am

I think Eddie gives a total of zero fooks what people think of him. He's a big man on these shores with regards to boxing and has done really well with his stable and looking after boxing on sky.

I hope he's around for a long time and continues doing things the way he has (although PPV's should only ever be used for the biggest competetive fights.)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Jul 2014, 9:24 am

Far a man who doesn't care about his silver spoon Eddie sure spends a lot of time talking about it.

The latest one I've heard from him is "I've turned my silver spoon into gold". If he didn't care he wouldn't be coming out with this kind of corny stuff.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 04 Jul 2014, 9:27 am

I think you'll probably find he's using it to take the mick out of people like yourself that seem to begrudge his success because he had a better upbringing.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 9:31 am

Strongback wrote:Far a man who doesn't care about his silver spoon much for Eddie, Strongback sure spends a lot of time talking about it him.

The latest one I've heard from him is "I've turned my silver spoon into gold". "I've worked hard for all I have whereas Eddie had it gifted to him by his Daddy." If he didn't care he wouldn't be coming out with this kind of corny stuff. spending time watching his videos and listening to his interviews.

Slight alterations, Strongy! Wink
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 9:37 am

So it's OK for STRONGY to be smug about what he's (supposedly) achieved but not Eddie?

TWUNT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 9:52 am

In fairness If he spent his time like Dodi Fayed partying on the riviera helping himself to Princesses I could sympathise with Strongbow...

My take is that his old Man a working class boy done good... basically gave him the best education he could afford (What Father wouldn't!!) and then said you're going to have to work for a living.....

My guess is also that he idolises his Dad and wants to make him proud.....

His Dad never seems to have forgot where he comes from and he seems to have instilled those roots into his son.........Certainly seems to be at home with his fighters and the average fan..

Whatever one may think about the guy..........It takes bloody good management skills to bring in a 80,000 event on schedule and with no major cockups...

Warren is struggling with Fury-Chisora...A puppet show by comparison..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 10:04 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:In fairness If he spent his time like Dodi Fayed partying on the riviera helping himself to Princesses I could sympathise with Strongbow...

My take is that his old Man a working class boy done good... basically gave him the best education he could afford (What Father wouldn't!!) and then said you're going to have to work for a living.....

My guess is also that he idolises his Dad and wants to make him proud.....

His Dad never seems to have forgot where he comes from and he seems to have instilled those roots into his son.........Certainly seems to be at home with his fighters and the average fan..

Whatever one may think about the guy..........It takes bloody good management skills to bring in a 80,000 event on schedule and with no major cockups...

Warren is struggling with Fury-Chisora...A puppet show by comparison..

Good balanced assessment, totally agree. thumbsup

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 10:19 am

TRUSS you are wrong on all counts. Eddie the Antichrist has warped and subverted the minds of the masses using his evil minion look-a-like Jimmy Carr to make people think he's a decent fellow when he is in fact a charlatan who has achieved everything by stealing their ideas (the "Unfinished Business" tagline being a recent example), child slavery and, on occasion, witchcraft.

You're all fools for believing him...bwaaahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

.....or something like that

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 04 Jul 2014, 10:30 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Should also be mentioned the 80,000 event involved a guy who could barely get a TV deal before he hooked up with Eddie. No matter how much it sticks in Strongy's craw to admit it Eddie has done a brilliant job with Froch.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 10:36 am

Nah, you're wrong Rowley, Fat Mick is automatically better as he wasn't born with a silver spoon....blah blah blah.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 10:38 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Nah, you're wrong Rowley, Fat Mick is automatically better as he wasn't born with a silver spoon....blah blah blah.......
Fat Mick was born with a silver ladle in his mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 04 Jul 2014, 10:44 am

This again?

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 10:58 am

and your problem is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 04 Jul 2014, 11:37 am

Strongy you've lost the plot if you ever had it in the first place.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next