The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dream Television Pundit line up....

+9
Pr4wn
AberdeenSteve
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Kay Fabe
CFCNick
legendkillar
boomdangle
CorkGeordie
Brady12
13 posters

Go down

Dream Television Pundit line up.... Empty Dream Television Pundit line up....

Post by Brady12 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 2:55 pm

Simply put who wonder your fantasy tv line-up be for covering Football, you can have anyone from the any channel...

Anchor: JEFF STERLING
No ones really stood out since Dishy Des left Match of the Day but Sterling does a great job on Soccer Saturday so he gets my pick

Studio Guests: JAMIE REDKNAPP
Talks a lot of sense, playing days aren't too far behind him so he's still in tune with the modern game. Certainly got the face for TV. Seems like a genuine good guy although if I had a problem with him he does tend to insert himself up his follow guests rear end a bit too much

Studio Guests: PAUL MERSON
Love how opinionated he is. Gets a lot wrong but never sits on the fence. Would be brilliant if they spiked his drink before he came on. Modern day Rodney Marsh

COMMENTATOR: CLIVE TYLDESLEY
Best of a bad bunch really, can't stand Tyler or Motson there too old. Barry Davies was my favourite until he retired

CO COMMENTATOR: 'BIG RON' ATKINSON
C omedy genius even though he wasn't really o be funny. Oozed charisma & should never of had the boot

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Dream Television Pundit line up.... Empty Re: Dream Television Pundit line up....

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2011, 11:27 am

Clive Tyldsley over Motson or Tyler?! Added to that you've got Merson on there as well makes me cringe- it's more like my nightmare pundit line up Whistle

Premier League Games:
Anchor - Jeff Stelling
Guest #1 - Lee Dixon
Guest #2 - Graeme Souness
Commentator - Jonathan Pearce
Co-Commentator - Mark Lawrenon

Other Games:
Anchor - Ed Chamberlain
Guest #1 - Clarence Seedorf
Guest #2 - James Richardson
Guest #3 - Jamie Redknapp
Commentator - Martin Tyler
Co-Commentator - Martin Keown

I did two as I don't think any channel would put together my dream team of Stelling, Seedorf, Dixon, Souness with Pearce/Lawro.

Back to top Go down

Dream Television Pundit line up.... Empty Re: Dream Television Pundit line up....

Post by CorkGeordie Thu 16 Jun 2011, 12:43 pm

You truely can't beat the Irish panel of Bill O'Herlihy, Johnny Giles, Eammon Dunphy and Liam Brady. None of the waffle you see on the Beeb and Sky from the likes of Lawernson and Redknapp. Don't always agree with them but they're brutally honest and passionate about the game.

CorkGeordie

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Thu 16 Jun 2011, 1:36 pm

I like Jens Lehmann whenever i have seen him, ok he lacks charisma but he doesnt bullsh*t, like when he was asked about the swerve of the world cup balls and he just said nonsense.

Seedorf is a great shout, he is clued up and has left his amrk on world football.

Robbie Savage is well funny to laugh at not with.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 16 Jun 2011, 2:19 pm

Anchor: Jeff Stelling

Studio Guest 1: Matt Le Tissier
Studio Guest 2: Alan Shearer

Commentator: Martin Tyler
Co-Commentator: Mark Lawrenson

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Thu 16 Jun 2011, 2:35 pm

I'd love to see something American style like ESPN Monday Night Football with Chris Berman hosting and a panel of Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson, and then Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski and Jon Gruden on commentary.

Host: Jeff Stelling

Studio guests: Le Tiss, Merson, Phil, Charlie.

Commentary: Martin Tyler, Mark Lawrenson and Chris Kamara

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 16 Jun 2011, 3:05 pm

The Ancher: Gary Lineker

Pundit 1: Jamie Redknapp
Pundit 2: Martin O'Neill
Pundit 3: Greame Souness

Commentator: Bill Leslie
Co-Commentator: Ron Atkinson

SCOTLAND

The Ancher: Jim White

Pundit 1: Gordon Strachan
Pundit 2: Neil McCann
Pundit 3: John Hartson

Commentator: Peter Martin
Co-Commentator: Davie Proven

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 16 Jun 2011, 3:11 pm

Mine would bee;

Anchor - Gary Linekar
Guest #1 - Robbie Savage

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2011, 3:34 pm

Seems like Martin Tyler/Mark Lawrenson proving the most popular commentary team.

I thought Seedorf was brilliant during the World Cup for the Beeb, but I'm not sure whether I could see him analysing the Premier League week in week out having never played there.

I'd have to turn over the telly if I saw Robbie Savage as a pundit

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 16 Jun 2011, 3:38 pm

Martin Tyler was the man 10 years ago, now he barely raises his voice, Mark Lawrenson is just appalling, hes not funny and so cheesy

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 16 Jun 2011, 3:41 pm

I can't believe no one has mentioned Pat Nevin or Archie McPherson. Legends!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2011, 3:43 pm

I thought his deadpan delivery in the World Cup alongside Jonathan Pearce was entertaining to listen to listen to. Much prefer him as a co-com than a pundit. Although one thing that bugs me about international tournaments is that for some of the average sides the pundits and commentators don't even seem to research the teams involved.

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 16 Jun 2011, 3:47 pm

Anchor: Jeff Stelling

Guest #1: Graeme Souness
Guest #2: Paul Merson
Guest #3: Pat Nevin

Commentator: Jonathan Pearce
Co-Commentator: Davie Provan

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 10:47 pm

Churchill wrote:Clive Tyldsley over Motson or Tyler?! Added to that you've got Merson on there as well makes me cringe- it's more like my nightmare pundit line up Whistle

Premier League Games:
Anchor - Jeff Stelling
Guest #1 - Lee Dixon
Commentator - Jonathan Pearce

Other Games:
Anchor - Ed Chamberlain
Guest #1 - Clarence Seedorf
Guest #2 - James Richardson
Guest #3 - Jamie Redknapp
Co-Commentator - Martin Keown

I did two as I don't think any channel would put together my dream team of Stelling, Seedorf, Dixon, Souness with Pearce/Lawro.

James Richardson is a presenter not a pundit, he's a good shout though as an alternative to Stelling.... I like Seedorf he is a good shout although i'm guessing you were smacked out of your face when you typed Ed Chamberlian & Martin Keown, I've seen more charisma in a decomposed dead goat

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 10:49 pm

Manning-to-Manningham wrote:I'd love to see something American style like ESPN Monday Night Football with Chris Berman hosting and a panel of Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson, and then Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski and Jon Gruden on commentary.

Host: Jeff Stelling

Studio guests: Le Tiss, Merson, Phil, Charlie.

Commentary: Martin Tyler, Mark Lawrenson and Chris Kamara

Not seen MNF for a while as I don't have ESPN but surely theres room for Deion Sanders in that panel?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 10:50 pm

Champagne Charlie is my favourite Scottish pundit along with Graeme 'chocolate drop' Souness

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 16 Jun 2011, 11:29 pm

Mine would just be Chris Kamara on his own.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 11:45 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Mine would just be Chris Kamara on his own.

Never got the whole Kamara loving in.... I could sit there enthusiastically yelling unbelievable Jeff at the slightest bit of excitement

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 17 Jun 2011, 12:02 am

Anchor: Jeff Sterling

Guest 1: Paul Merson
Guest 2: Lee Dixon
Guest 3: Chris Kamara
Commentary team Jonathan Pearce, Robbie Savage & Mark Lawrenson

I really like the ones that most people hate!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 17 Jun 2011, 10:21 am

Mine would just be Marcel Desailly on his own, excitedly babbling at everything sounding genuinely confused by the world.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 17 Jun 2011, 10:44 am

Emmanuel Adebayor anyone? Laugh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 17 Jun 2011, 11:52 am

Adebayor was TV gold at the World Cup.
I really think they should have looked into putting subtitles when he was on! Laugh

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 17 Jun 2011, 11:58 am

Gary Lineker as "anchor"? I think you dropped a letter there somewhere (OK I know the spelling is different but you know what I mean)

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 12:22 pm

Brady12 wrote:
James Richardson is a presenter not a pundit, he's a good shout though as an alternative to Stelling.... I like Seedorf he is a good shout although i'm guessing you were smacked out of your face when you typed Ed Chamberlian & Martin Keown, I've seen more charisma in a decomposed dead goat

Aye, I realise that but think he'd make an interesting pundit. Keown doesn't have the best voice for commentary but normally talks quite a bit of sense during the games. Chamberlain was because he was the only other presenter I could think of- and I'm not a fan of Linekar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 6:09 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:Adebayor was TV gold at the World Cup.
I really think they should have looked into putting subtitles when he was on! Laugh

Didn't he get dumped halfway through the tournament? Are the BBC cutting costs on screen tests too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sat 18 Jun 2011, 9:56 pm

sodhat wrote:

Mine would just be Marcel Desailly on his own, excitedly babbling at everything sounding genuinely confused by the world.

You'd think itv would try & employ someone who was at the very least fairly compotent in speaking the native tongue of the broadcasting audience

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down