The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dream Sky/606v2 Boxing Pundit Panel

5 posters

Go down

Dream Sky/606v2 Boxing Pundit Panel Empty Dream Sky/606v2 Boxing Pundit Panel

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:11 pm

Hi Guys

New to the board but I've been following your encyclopeadic knowledge and vibrant debates since the old 606 (my boxing knowledge is considerably LESS encyclopaedic, hence why it's taken so long to pluck up the courage for an article!).

On the assumption that my limited experise is unlikely to dazzle, I thought I'd go for something a little more 'Friday Fun' based:

Dream Sky/606v2 Boxing Pundit Panel

A lot of people, me included, give some of the Sky boxing pundits a lot of stick, whether its Johnny 'The DeGale Bottom-licking Entertainer' Nelson or Jim 'scream blind nonesense' Watt. Therefore, if we/you were going to create a brand new pundit panel, solely comprised of 606v2 members/posters, who would you include?

It needs to be a credible (ie articulate and knowledgable not just a bunch of WUMs for us all the laugh at like a circus freak-show) 3-5 man panel however you're allowed 1 'wildcard' panel member and must include at least 1 admin/mod.

For me it'd be:

Windy - extensive knowledge of boxing's early days and a fair but firm hand as admin/mod. Probably appreciate the day-out from the old people's home too so it's a somewhat altruistic nomination.
Manos or Captain - both have great all round knowledge of old and new and seem to be a generally calm influence on the boards, and hopefully on the panel too. Which is valuable as my next pick is:
Trussman - often controversial and not averse to a good argument and the occasional keyboard fisticuffs but offers 'other side of the pond' insight.
Dave or Coxy - yes fine they know they're boxing but if it gets heated it's entertainment value they're there for!

Wildcard:

Whilst I'd love to find out whether Perfessor really is Russell Brand, or Shantel is 'Money' himself or just delusional teenage knuckle-shuffler, I think I'd be tempted to bring back D4. Annoying but a fascinating obsession bordering on insanity which would be interesting to see played out when he actually has to face the posters he's winding up.

So that's me, who would you guys like to see on TV saturday night??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Dream Sky/606v2 Boxing Pundit Panel Empty Re: Dream Sky/606v2 Boxing Pundit Panel

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:14 pm

First up, a warm welcome aboard, TopHat.

Secondly, thanks for the nice compliment. Not too sure others will agree with you, mind, but I certainly appreciate it.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Dream Sky/606v2 Boxing Pundit Panel Empty Re: Dream Sky/606v2 Boxing Pundit Panel

Post by coxy0001 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:23 pm

Personally i think i embody calmness and reason when things get heated. So much so the admins are going to give me my very own "god" role whereby i am "the one"

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:23 pm

Coxy and D4 on the same panel, good luck with that mate.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:25 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Personally i think i embody calmness and reason when things get heated. So much so the admins are going to give me my very own "god" role whereby i am "the one"

And Elton John is straight.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:25 pm

I'd rather listen to Jim Watt on repeat then anything Truss would have to say

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:26 pm

No1Jonesy wrote:I'd rather listen to Jim Watt on repeat then anything Truss would have to say

Ha !

That's gotta hurt.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:26 pm

No1Jonesy wrote:I'd rather listen to Jim Watt on repeat then anything Truss would have to say

Look if it was not for the Americans you would not be able to understand Truss because you would be speaking German by now.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:28 pm

rowley wrote:

Look if it was not for the Americans you would not be able to understand Truss because you would be speaking German by now.

Of course, it could be argued that, were it not for the Pacific Ocean, a lot of folks might be speaking Vietnamese.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:30 pm

Doubt it Windy they have had a few hundred years to master English with no discernable success, to think they could master Vietnamese in such a short period of time seems ambitious

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:30 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
rowley wrote:

Of course, it could be argued that, were it not for the Pacific Ocean, a lot of folks would be speaking Vietnamese.

ha ha ha i think it's illegal to mention vietnam Windy - you best be careful America don't try to extridict you... they have a thing for that at the moment....

All paid for by Chinese back handers though Wink

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:33 pm

rowley wrote:

Tis true - think he needs to remember if it wasn't for the English then he more then likely wouldn't be here speaking at all randy

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:34 pm

No1Jonesy wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
rowley wrote:

Of course, it could be argued that, were it not for the Pacific Ocean, a lot of folks would be speaking Vietnamese.

ha ha ha i think it's illegal to mention vietnam Windy - you best be careful America don't try to extridict you... they have a thing for that at the moment....

If the lid blows, Jonesy, I'm blaming you, mate. Little bit of creative editing of posts will cast you in the role of villain. You're young enough and tough enough to handle Ol' Truss !

Love jeff's little quip about our cousins' grasp of English, by the way.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:40 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
No1Jonesy wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
rowley wrote:

If the lid blows, Jonesy, I'm blaming you, mate. Little bit of creative editing of posts will cast you in the role of villain. You're young enough and tough enough to handle Ol' Truss !

Love jeff's little quip about our cousins' grasp of English, by the way.

True true - still got a bee in my bonnet about his 'England is full of dumbasses' comment

Jeff was quick with that one - I did like it

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:45 pm

rowley wrote:Coxy and D4 on the same panel, good luck with that mate.

Exactly, would be a darn sight more entertaining than most sky boxing panels!!

Really waiting for Truss to wade in on this one tho, he's getting a bit of an in absentia kicking at the moment...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down