The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song

+8
McLaren
rIck_dAgless
Galted
Roller_Coaster
Samo
LordDowlais
Pal Joey
Dolphin Ziggler
12 posters

Go down

What is the Best Christmas Song? (Two Votes only, please)

Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_lcap9%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 5 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_lcap11%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 6 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_lcap18%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 10 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_lcap5%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_lcap9%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 5 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_lcap4%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_lcap4%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 57

Poll closed

Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Empty Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:54 pm

Well, what a great start. All the initial problems have been ironed out and we're just rolling through at such a comfortable pace. Ho ho ho! The results of round one will be in the first comment.

Now, just to make sure we are all clear, please send your picks for Round Three (with at least three choices) when you read this.

Round Three is Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song 3845856932 Best Christmas TV Special Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song 3754190863 I would define this as an episode that is not specifically part of a series, so not like an Eastenders Christmas episode. It would be somewhat standalone, but can be either an event (I'm sure some of you love when Buble does that stuff on ITV) or one outside of a series (Doctor Who specials, The Office Christmas Special, the Gavin and Stacey one coming up).

The rules for this round are the same as usual. Try to vote for no more than two. There are still some I haven't received, so I shall leave them blank for now.

For the person who wanted Alison Brie's Christmas song from Community, you're a pervert Laugh

If you vote in one thing this week, make it this. If you vote in the other major thing, vote tactically and screw the Tories.

Emo Emo Emo If your message to me doesn't appeared to have been opened, it is because I don't open them till the day I start the poll so that I don't miss any when I have tabs open Emo Emo Emo

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:16 pm; edited 9 times in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Empty Re: Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:54 pm

The results of Round One. This time, the scoring was set as being as many points as the votes you get. As such, the current leader board is:

Samo (Die Hard) - 11 points
Trebs (Home Alone) - 10 points
Rick (Muppets Christmas Carol) - 7 points
Jules (Gremlins) - 4 points
Galted (National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation) - 3 points
Navy (Trading Places) - 3 points
Hero (Nightmare Before Christmas) - 3 points
Twist (Elf) - 2 points
Beer (Love, Actually) - 2 points
Marky (Die Hard 2) - 2 points
Superfly (Scrooged) - 1 point
LT (Anna & the Apocalypse) - 1 point
McLaren (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) - 1 point
Me (The Santa Clause) - 1 point
LD (Scrooge) - 0 points
Pal Joey - 0 points

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song Empty Re: Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song

Post by Pal Joey Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Nice work, Dolphin. clap Culture Cup Christmas Special - Round Two Voting - Best Christmas Song 3513163098

Only trailing by a whole, single, solitary one point. Not bad considering...

I would have put down It's A Wonderful Life for the record.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:06 pm

Hey, where Cliff Richard on that list ?

Mistletoe and Wine ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:16 pm

Had to vote for Kevin Bloody Wilson, an inspired choice.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:52 pm

Last Christmas and Driving Home for Christmas.

The latter purely because a girl at work said that was her favourite, and with a straight face. She meant it. It was something I couldn't genuinely believe so this one's for her. A vote in the most cultured cup at Christmas. Tink, "cheers" girl at work.

Last Christmas, purely because whilst it appears to be a song about hearts, its true and well hidden meaning is dogs and the all to frequent occurrence of them being proffered as a heartfelt present at yuletide only for them to be given away the very next day. One of George Michael's hidden passions was Dogs Trust - where they never put a healthy dog down. He was oft to be found there, helping out with all the dogging and consuming massive amounts of prescription meds. Andrew "Cruella de" Ridgely couldn't give a f**k mind, he was well after a doggy coat.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:12 pm

Went for Stop the Cavalry and Fairytale of New York. Even if I didn't like the former Jonah Lewie deserves a vote for making a tit out of himself on TOTP marching up and down the stage. Fairytale is a brilliant song, Christmas or not, made all the better by the cringeworthily dreadful line which has now become offensive.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:33 pm

Time to go on record and say I dislike Fairytale of New York and think it one of the most overrated songs in all music.

I also realise I put Let It Snow! as the Dean Martin version (because that's the superior one) but cannot remember if it's what the person intended.

Hope the instructions for the next round were clear this time boxing

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:40 pm

Well f*ck you, Flipper, that's the last time I pour my heart out on one of your festive quizzes.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:44 pm

Also, where Band Aid ????????

Do you know it's Christmas ? I don't think you do. Very Happy

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:46 pm

I am slightly confused as to why "It's the most wonderful time of the year" is at 12% with 3 votes, and "let it snow" et al. is at 13% with 3 votes, but it makes no difference, it just smacks of electoral rigging.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:51 pm

Galted wrote:Well f*ck you, Flipper, that's the last time I pour my heart out on one of your festive quizzes.
I know your bloody pick!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:57 pm

Haha. Case dismissed.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:57 pm

One of my choices of song is missing and why don't I get the points for the Muppets and die hard?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:00 pm

I put the muppets as my favourite film as well, but here I am on neel pwats.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:00 pm

McLaren wrote:One of my choices of song is missing and why don't I get the points for the Muppets and die hard?

Take the information you have supplied, look at the points you have, and extrapolate the data to form an appropriate conclusion.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:03 pm

McLaren wrote:One of my choices of song is missing and why don't I get the points for the Muppets and die hard?

Only one person can have each entry hence why we have to make 3 picks. So for the films it was a random draw and if someone before you got your favourite it moves to the second favourite. So like you I had those two films but my 3rd option was the one available (well it was my second choice but.....).

This means that you got one of your first two choices for the song and no-one selected your third choice.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:07 pm

Someone might have posted the rules somewhere. I didn't submit my picks in the order I would have knowing the rules.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:20 pm

just to say though, that the outcome of this competition in no way what so ever effects my life and well being. raspberry

But I will add, if I do not win, it will be Christmas over for me, such is the hold this place has on me. Whistle

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:24 pm

I feel the same way.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:24 pm

I am cancelling Christmas if I do not do well. My daughters have been warned. Mind one is enjoying her interviews at Oxford so much this week she does not want to come home Sad

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:33 pm

Damn, I missed Last Christmas. If I could cancel my vote, I'd swap it for that.

Only because Cardiff City sang it to Sol Bamba heart

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:45 pm

Just to reiterate:

I ask for at least three because each person gets one pick for the poll, and someone else might have yours. You will probably always get one of your top three, but it isn’t guaranteed.

You then get as many points as votes your selection got.

People’s picks have never been outed as it can impact the voting (everyone just voted for Galted’s picks because of the abuse he’d get at home were he to lose).

First round was just decided by who sent their picks first. After that, the order is decided by the points from the round before. Whoever got the least votes gets first choice, and so on until we get to the winner of the round getting last pick.

The winner of the Culture Cup is usually someone who has tried to win, and thus is shunned by all. Some of our greatest contestants barely have a point between them; many of them have since left the forum in search of Culture. Rowley is big on Boxing Twitter; Tina runs self-defence classes for parents; Sean is probably trying to have sex with your mum.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:52 pm

Flipper wrote:Sean is probably trying to have sex with your mum.

With chips on her back...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:08 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Sean is probably trying to have sex with your mum.

My dad approves of this message.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:14 am

Went for my own nomination and the Navy reminder, 'cos the rest are a bit meh.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:19 am

rick_dagless wrote:I am slightly confused as to why "It's the most wonderful time of the year" is at 12% with 3 votes, and "let it snow" et al. is at 13% with 3 votes, but it makes no difference, it just smacks of electoral rigging.

They were postal votes. Lower in value than actual votes.

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:39 pm

Ah, thanks for the clarification!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:36 pm

Yes, that's correct. I hand-delivered mine to Flipper... hence the rounding up to 13%.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Got 13/16 for the next round.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:24 pm

Think we might just be missing Navy and Dowlais

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:59 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Think we might just be missing Navy and Dowlais

I just PM'd you my three. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down