The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster V Edinburgh

+9
profitius
Pot Hale
bsando
BigGee
funnyExiledScot
TheMildlyFranticLlama
tigertattie
NeilyBroon
RDW
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Munster V Edinburgh - Page 3 Empty Munster V Edinburgh

Post by RDW Thu 28 Nov 2019 - 12:01

First topic message reminder :

Edinburgh Rugby team to face Munster at Irish Independent Park in the Guinness PRO14

Friday 29 November (kick-off 7.35pm) – live on Premier Sports

15. Blair Kinghorn (81)

14. Eroni Sau (5)
13. Mark Bennett (27)
12. Matt Scott (88)
11. Duhan van der Merwe (47)
10. Jaco van der Walt (45)
9. Henry Pyrgos (28) CAPTAIN

1. Pierre Schoeman (30)
2. Stuart McInally (137)

3. Pietro Ceccarelli (17)
4. Ben Toolis (112)

5. Grant Gilchrist (140)

6. Magnus Bradbury (69)

7. Hamish Watson (100)

8. Viliame Mata (62)

Replacements: 16. Michael Willemse (7) 17. Rory Sutherland (77) 18. Simon Berghan (69) 19. Lewis Carmichael (38) 20. Ally Miller (14) 21. Charlie Shiel (12) 22. Simon Hickey (24) 23. George Taylor (11)
Unavailable: David Cherry, Ruan Steenkamp, Jack Stanley, John Barclay, Rory Darge, Damien Hoyland, Nic Groom, Jamie Ritchie, WP Nel, Fraser McKenzie, Chris Dean, Luke Crosbie

Munster: Shane Daly; Calvin Nash, Sammy Arnold, Dan Goggin, Alex Wootton; Ben Healy, Nick McCarthy; Liam O’Connor, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Fineen Wycherley, Darren O’Shea; Jack O’Donoghue (C) Tommy O’Donnell, Arno Botha.
Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, James Cronin, Keynan Knox, Jed Holloway, Conor Oliver, Neil Cronin, JJ Hanrahan, Rory Scannell.

Last edited by RDW on Thu 28 Nov 2019 - 12:05; edited 1 time in total

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Munster V Edinburgh - Page 3 Empty Re: Munster V Edinburgh

Post by TJ Sat 30 Nov 2019 - 9:03

Guys - your cup really is half empty! We beat Munster. Something we have not done since Jimbo was a lad. Enjoy the moment. I did

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 30 Nov 2019 - 10:56

https://www.edinburghrugby.org/the-clubhouse/cockerill-its-a-great-four-points

Cockers says it as it is - great to get the win but we looked like we'd just met in the carpark at times.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sat 30 Nov 2019 - 11:28

Agree with Cockers but it's also progress winning away against Munster (albeit a second string side). All about grinding out wins when you're playing badly as well as having great games. Baby-steps but I think Edinburgh will get there. You do need a new backs/skills coach though, Duncan Hodge needs to be moved on to the super6 or something. 10 years or so with Edinburgh with very little to show for it.

Going forward, I think Pyrgos needs dropping, baring in mind he was also captain. VdW didn't look that good either tbf. I don't think Sau was as cack as people say but he certainly had a very mixed performance. Kinghorn came out with some credibility as did Scott (I reckon him and Schoe were Edinburgh's standouts although that's not that complimentary!). Mata looks like he's warming up nicely although definitely wasn't fully back to speed. Same with McInally (lineout darts were all over the shop).

Few rusty players and a few young ones who should have their places in the starting XV until they get back up to speed imo.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 30 Nov 2019 - 11:32

I thought Bradbury put in some huge carries and hits, although he still tends to float in and out of games

Sau is a good tackler and has plenty gas but in true Fijian style you he'll likely do something crazy and needs a bit of refinement. His one handed try touch downs make me nervous!

It beggars belief how Hodge is still in a job. Our attacking play was amateurish last night.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 30 Nov 2019 - 12:34

It looked better once Hickey came on, he should start more games

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 30 Nov 2019 - 12:36

Yeah fair play to Cockers for making that change.

I just think things aren't clicking for Edinburgh's backline this season, after a promising start. There's top players in there so wonder what the issue could be...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Sun 1 Dec 2019 - 1:17

RDW wrote:https://www.edinburghrugby.org/the-clubhouse/cockerill-its-a-great-four-points

Cockers says it as it is - great to get the win but we looked like we'd just met in the carpark at times.

At least Edinburgh got to the car park. As a
Munster supporter I am browned off with with the kids being picked against a strong Edinburgh side (we aren’t Leinster) and losing this game. Lots of annoyed people inmusgrave park last night. And yet we will be expected to navigate travelling to the shiny shed next weekend and hopefully escape without having to interact too much with the locals. There are more people from Cape Town (or Dublin for that matter)on the Munster rugby team than limerick at the moment.

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 1 Dec 2019 - 2:36

What was up with Peter Stringer saying it was a very very poor Munster display then giving Jack O'Donoghue the MOM award??

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3