The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2019 General Election

+33
LondonTiger
McLaren
tigertattie
TightHEAD
super_realist
Hero
Doctor7
LordDowlais
Marky
Trebs
GSC
dyrewolfe
Luckless Pedestrian
BamBam
Pr4wn
navyblueshorts
No name Bertie
Luke
lostinwales
TwisT
Afro
CaledonianCraig
Samo
MrInvisible
Dolphin Ziggler
JDizzle
JuliusHMarx
Steffan
superflyweight
TRUSSMAN66
Soul Requiem
Beer
Duty281
37 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Which party will you vote for?

2019 General Election - Page 20 Vote_lcap16%2019 General Election - Page 20 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 9 ]
2019 General Election - Page 20 Vote_lcap31%2019 General Election - Page 20 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 18 ]
2019 General Election - Page 20 Vote_lcap16%2019 General Election - Page 20 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 9 ]
2019 General Election - Page 20 Vote_lcap10%2019 General Election - Page 20 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 6 ]
2019 General Election - Page 20 Vote_lcap5%2019 General Election - Page 20 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
2019 General Election - Page 20 Vote_lcap5%2019 General Election - Page 20 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
2019 General Election - Page 20 Vote_lcap0%2019 General Election - Page 20 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
2019 General Election - Page 20 Vote_lcap10%2019 General Election - Page 20 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 6 ]
2019 General Election - Page 20 Vote_lcap7%2019 General Election - Page 20 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 58

Poll closed

2019 General Election - Page 20 Empty 2019 General Election

Post by Duty281 Wed 30 Oct 2019, 10:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Now it's confirmed for December 12th (pretty much), I thought we should have a shiny new thread for the fourth and final UK GE of this tumultuous decade; a decade which has also included three referendums and four (maybe five) different Prime Ministers.

News this morning that Amber Rudd won't be defending her seat. Oh well.

Opinion polls currently have the Tories in a double digit lead, but it's anticipated to be a lot tighter than that by the time we reach the actual polling day.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

2019 General Election - Page 20 Empty Re: 2019 General Election

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 06 Dec 2019, 11:51 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
super_realist wrote:
bsando wrote:Corbyn's biggest challenge? Getting the Babyboomer, middle to upper income, sitting on a comfortable pension, smooth sailing career and housing market generation to back him. I can't see it happening. There's a huge chunk of 50-70 year olds who will be unable to relate to his position and policies. Counting on younger voters, those from ethnic minorities, cities and Scotland will be only way Corbyn can swing a small majority.

I will vote Labour (I'm a member actually) and will be better off for it but there are many who will probably lose some income due to the higher tax and regulations that will ensue from their policies.

Scotland? You do realise that Labour has a minimal footprint in Scotland right? It's unfortunately ruled by the intolerant, bigoted  SNP and Labour are predicted to fall to even fewer MP's after next week.

Corbyn is a dead man walking literally and figuratively. Why would the Labour party want to have such a buffoon in charge? It's obvious to anyone that in order to be an effective opposition they need to move away from this damaging far left position, ditch Momentum. Unless they do, they are directly responsible for there being a Tory government.

The role of the opposition is to be effective and to provide a viable opposition to the government, Labour under Corbyn are not even close. It should be like a football club, if the party were a football club, Corbyn would have been sacked years ago.

Do you know what literally means?
Interesting. Is that a case of playing the man rather than the ball?

No, never.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 06 Dec 2019, 12:31 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:All this

for that

This is what happens when threads are made global - it's your fault and I'll never forgive you!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 06 Dec 2019, 3:36 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
super_realist wrote:
bsando wrote:Corbyn's biggest challenge? Getting the Babyboomer, middle to upper income, sitting on a comfortable pension, smooth sailing career and housing market generation to back him. I can't see it happening. There's a huge chunk of 50-70 year olds who will be unable to relate to his position and policies. Counting on younger voters, those from ethnic minorities, cities and Scotland will be only way Corbyn can swing a small majority.

I will vote Labour (I'm a member actually) and will be better off for it but there are many who will probably lose some income due to the higher tax and regulations that will ensue from their policies.

Scotland? You do realise that Labour has a minimal footprint in Scotland right? It's unfortunately ruled by the intolerant, bigoted  SNP and Labour are predicted to fall to even fewer MP's after next week.

Corbyn is a dead man walking literally and figuratively. Why would the Labour party want to have such a buffoon in charge? It's obvious to anyone that in order to be an effective opposition they need to move away from this damaging far left position, ditch Momentum. Unless they do, they are directly responsible for there being a Tory government.

The role of the opposition is to be effective and to provide a viable opposition to the government, Labour under Corbyn are not even close. It should be like a football club, if the party were a football club, Corbyn would have been sacked years ago.

More a tongue-in-cheek remark with a serious follow-up in "literally" the next post. Maybe I'll use an emoji next time so you'll get it.

Last edited by Pr4wn on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 1:35 am; edited 2 times in total

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 06 Dec 2019, 4:37 pm

Ah well this time next week Wales will know who is going to take its economy into further decline

As I say I would quite like Corbyn to get in just to see the gammon go crazy

Boris would be a disaster for everyone in this "Union of Equals"

I'll sleep safe knowing my "wasted vote" wasn't given to either of them

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2019, 9:42 pm

TightHEAD wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:Anyone else find it amusing that the students who joined the Labour party to vote in Corbyn a few years back are now paying the price, Corbyn is un-electable and the Labour party are powerless to get rid of him Lol. Laugh

Maybe they see Homeless People dying...Pensioners losing carers...14 million people struggling with Poverty and want to fight for a guy who is trying to stop it..

Give me a naive and idealistic student any day if you are the alternative.. thumbsup

Homeless people have always died its not a new problem but its one everyone pretends to care about at this time of year, especially Politicians scraping around for votes.

Pensioners losing carers again this is an age old problem. Where are the families, in their 3/4/5 bed homes watching netflix, Prime and Sky TV.

14 million people struggling with poverty, there has always been poor people, people with jobs and a mortgages struggle but that is the way of things.
Unfortunately there is a large number of people who claim poverty but still have time whilst on their way to the food bank with their Staff-bull terrier at their side to stop off for a quick tattoo and a few pints! They are not poor, they are lazy. thumbsup

"Get back in the sea. You finned..." *please note this is a reference to the Stewart Lee bit*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2019, 10:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:0.06% of Labour members have had Antisemitism complaints...It is more of a problem in the Tory Party..

But as the MSM is 90% Tory we can forgive LordDowlais for his ignorance on the subject..

Yes the Boris buddy Rabbi coming out the day of the Postals was a complete coincidence.

This isn't strictly fair. There's a largely benign, old style bigotry that runs through the Tories - everyone knows it, everyone accepts it, and if it's expressed in the wrong circles, they get punished for it.

The issue with Labour's anti-semitism is it's "intellectualised" as a part of defending Palestine. Many a middle class ally who clamours for a black and white version of the world (hint - I'd suggest they play team sport to get what they're missing out on, but there we go...) will defend and champion both an academic justification for both macro and micro hostility to the conflated Israel and Jewish people, and - in taking up the mantle of defending Islam and Muslims - hide and apologise for the vulgar antisemitism among

Now, the media plays its part in amping up the controversy, yes - but that's because Labour, Corbyn, Ken et al dithered when this all raised its head. Their incompetence at putting to bed what the Tories manage to turn in to a temporary PR disaster is the reason why the media keeps going for them; because Labour felt the need to both 'defend' intellectualised antisemitism, including strong advocation for the destruction of Israel (hint: inner city and northern Muslim voters are the on-the-ground reason for this, however facile and flawed this goal is, has, and eventually will be; postcolonialism is the academic justification for it). You can't have nuanced debates during a media frenzy; you certainly can't when you're splitting hairs and getting technical in defending someone comparing Hitler to Zionism.

As a personal aside, I have heard these sentiments expressed for years, starting in University. I attended one of the first anti-EDL rallies in fact with one of the left wing organisations I was part of at the time...unite against fascism was there. It was a learning curve and basically a perfect incapsulation of 'black and white' partisanship between left and right, between whose poorly educated, tribal working classes were worth defending - white, English, and possibly far right on the one hand; and immigrant (or second/third gen at best), Muslim, and Jihdai-sympathisers on the left. It was a huge learning curve for me that day and I didn't go to another one, but over the years I also encountered more than enough anti-Jewish sentiment among left wing circles. There's a particularly nasty white, middle class 'game' where people try and lose where they're from and 'one up' each other by playing postcolonial top trumps - it's a kind of inverted bigotry that I'd say is at the heart of the Tory party. Just...uneducated, inexperienced idiocy, pandering to a crowd. But it's nasty, dangerous, and divisive, no doubt - I heard more centre-right racism in my time at Uni, for sure. But then among the international students...even me, who looks pretty typically 'Welsh' and therefore not a million miles away from one steretype of Jewish people (dark, pale when not tanned, Roman nose) was an audience to some really nasty, evil antisemitism from educated and wealthy Muslim students that are literally the kind of stereotypical, physical and vocational 'jokes' that were common in the 1930s - noses and wallets etc., but it went way beyond that, and with real, casual venom. And then you have the other enablers and blind 'watchers' in all of this. It's only lookin gback now that I realise how utterly insane it was to be partof that. It's definitely only got worse. I've even seen someone who works in local govt - for Labour - ardently smearing the Tories for their incidents of antisemitism in the last few weeks, yet I've heard them say crazily antisemitic things. The whole world - all the pretending and faux-wokeness and virtual signalling - has definitely enabled some nasty people to succeed in the public sphere where, I suspect, they wouldn't have so readily 15-20 years ago.

So that's why the media goes after Labour. Because most in the media know this is what is at the heart of Labour's antisemitism issue. It's not just some old fud blathering on at an after dinner speech. It's because they abandoned the white working class vote for a different kind of identity politics, and Rotherham (and other places) is a pretty excellent example of Labour's failing that they effectively opened the box during postcolonial theoretical speeches and gameplaying in the 70s and onwards, and don't know how to control it when it's actually come to pass, and the reality is pretty ugly. They're still trying to act like the omnipotent party of a new rainbow-coloured Britain/UK and yet, clearly, they are deluded and dangerous and ideologically driven, not a party that is based in reality. They are a perfect reflection of what has happened to 'established' society in the west in the last 12 years, with the rise of social media and post-recession. It's a kneejerk regression in to ideas and fantasy, with terrible conequences (2016, both elections, and many other instances arising from complacency). The media knows to keep playing the antisemitism card as many people in the UK are worried about homegrown terrorism in the name of Islam, and it is almost a surrogate, intellectualised, phoney war/discussion of that in a major way.

It differs completely to the oafish prejudice at the heart of the Tory party. It's far more potent and dangerous because it hasn't been coloured as racist/prejudicial/fascistic etc. - it's done in the name of kindness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2019, 10:12 pm

Or, to put it another way...

The Tories' racism/sexism etc. is inherently reactionary, instantaneous, and fairly easy to spot and punish.

Labour's antisemitism (or apologism for antisemitism) is pernicious, academic, and systemic.

It's not as clearcut as that, ofc, but it's the main difference and why they're treated differently. If you are the anti-racist party, rather than a national/Unionist party, you better be clean as a whistle. Labour/Corbyn isn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 07 Dec 2019, 8:43 am

TightHEAD wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:Anyone else find it amusing that the students who joined the Labour party to vote in Corbyn a few years back are now paying the price, Corbyn is un-electable and the Labour party are powerless to get rid of him Lol. Laugh

Maybe they see Homeless People dying...Pensioners losing carers...14 million people struggling with Poverty and want to fight for a guy who is trying to stop it..

Give me a naive and idealistic student any day if you are the alternative.. thumbsup

Homeless people have always died its not a new problem but its one everyone pretends to care about at this time of year, especially Politicians scraping around for votes.

Pensioners losing carers again this is an age old problem. Where are the families, in their 3/4/5 bed homes watching netflix, Prime and Sky TV.

14 million people struggling with poverty, there has always been poor people, people with jobs and a mortgages struggle but that is the way of things.
Unfortunately there is a large number of people who claim poverty but still have time whilst on their way to the food bank with their Staff-bull terrier at their side to stop off for a quick tattoo and a few pints! They are not poor, they are lazy. thumbsup

picard I wish I could say this complete lack of empathy or complete lack of any generosity of spirit surprised me.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 07 Dec 2019, 11:46 am

Pr4wn wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
super_realist wrote:

More a tongue-in-cheek remark with a serious follow-up in "literally" the next post. Maybe I'll use an emoji next time so you'll get it.
Oh, I get it fine. I know hypocrisy when I see it.

Let's move on shall we?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 07 Dec 2019, 4:09 pm

[quote="miaow"]
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:0.06% of Labour members have had Antisemitism complaints...It is more of a problem in the Tory Party..

It's not a problem in the Tory party at all.

Which political party is the only one other than the BNP to be investigated by the EHRC. Answer: Corbyn's Labour  Says it all.

It's not about making flippant comments, it's because it's institutional in the Labour Party.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Dec 2019, 5:03 pm

It literally is a problem in the Tory party:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50491208?fbclid=IwAR1NHpG7KQZgAxBG78ypS1Ko-X_5fdkh2rZvqayRW-sIQz4gYftxgpEvryI - Muslim Tory candidate from the North of England suspended for anti-semitism

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-50468770 - Scottish Tory MP candidate suspended for antisemitism (and Islamophobia, homophobia, sexism etc)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/07/tories-investigate-three-candidates-over-alleged-antisemitism - and a further 3 candidates facing suspension

So 5 prospective Tory MPs suspended or soon-to-be suspended for antisemitism.

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 07 Dec 2019, 5:10 pm

miaow wrote:It literally is a problem in the Tory party:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50491208?fbclid=IwAR1NHpG7KQZgAxBG78ypS1Ko-X_5fdkh2rZvqayRW-sIQz4gYftxgpEvryI - Muslim Tory candidate from the North of England suspended for anti-semitism

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-50468770 - Scottish Tory MP candidate suspended for antisemitism (and Islamophobia, homophobia, sexism etc)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/07/tories-investigate-three-candidates-over-alleged-antisemitism - and a further 3 candidates facing suspension

So 5 prospective Tory MPs suspended or soon-to-be suspended for antisemitism.

At least they suspend them. Labour have a history of taking very little action or being slow to do so.

Making anti semitic comments and being institutionally anti semitic are not the same thing. Furthermore, why isn't the Tory party being investigated for it like Labour are?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Dec 2019, 5:43 pm

you said there was no problem when there, quite clearly, is. now it's not about whether theyre antisemitic or not, it's whether it's institutional.

ive said my piece above on this topic but it does seem you dont really know what youre talking about.

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 07 Dec 2019, 5:50 pm

miaow wrote:you said there was no problem when there, quite clearly, is. now it's not about whether theyre antisemitic or not, it's whether it's institutional.

ive said my piece above on this topic but it does seem you dont really know what youre talking about.

It's not the party though, it's individuals standing for the party, and they've been excluded, whereas it's endemic in Labour.

When you have people like Chris Williamson making reference to the party stating that Labour has been "too apologetic" then you get the idea.

Last edited by super_realist on Sat 07 Dec 2019, 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Dec 2019, 5:51 pm

How many individuals does it take until it's also the party...

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 07 Dec 2019, 8:44 pm

No use hiding on here, miaow, the Taylormen will find you.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 08 Dec 2019, 10:05 am

Super

It's hilarious to come in here and read that you suddenly care about antisemitism.

Remember you are the guy that just happens to hate Serena Williams, Tiger Woods (who you think it is OK to make fried chicken remarks to) and Lewis Hamilton.

But yeh we are to believe you are super woke on the antisemitism issue.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2019, 1:23 pm

Galted wrote:No use hiding on here, miaow, the Taylormen will find you.

Lol. Please no...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2019, 2:03 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Luke wrote:Nigel Farage now not going to stand.
Hardly surprising, given that it's far easier to be behind the scenes rather than in front leading.

Well he will still be leading the Brexit Party's campaign, not hiding away. As he would have never won a seat anyway, it's a sensible decision.

Shame. I really felt 9th time was the charm...

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 08 Dec 2019, 2:53 pm

10/10 absolutely certain to vote by age:

18-24: 48% 25-34: 56% 35-44: 63% 45-54: 72% 55-64: 77% 65-74: 74% 75+: 85%

ICM 29 Nov-2 Dec

It’ll be the turnout wot wins it.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 08 Dec 2019, 3:18 pm

Time for mandatory voting.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 09 Dec 2019, 2:50 am

Nigel Farage has confirmed that after this election. The Brexit party will be changing there name to the reform party. Campaigning for electrical reform amongst other things.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 09 Dec 2019, 5:17 am

Luke wrote:Nigel Farage has confirmed that after this election. The Brexit party will be changing there name to the reform party. Campaigning for electrical reform amongst other things.

Do you think the sad sacks that gave him money realise they were conned yet?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 09 Dec 2019, 8:03 am

McLaren wrote:Super

It's hilarious to come in here and read that you suddenly care about antisemitism.

Remember you are the guy that just happens to hate Serena Williams, Tiger Woods (who you think it is OK to make fried chicken remarks to) and Lewis Hamilton.

I don't care about Anti-Semitism Mac, you know I don't believe that any religion should get any treatment other than complete ridicule because it's indistinguishable from a fairy tale and I don't think they deserve special treatment on behalf of what myth they believe in.   I thought that was obvious, but it's an clear and inescapable criticism of the Labour Party and their half dead leader for which they fail to make amends despite it being easy to do so, that and their hilariously stupid and unworkable pipe dream manifesto.

Yes, you're right, I do dislike Serena Williams, she's a proven brat, bad sport, bad loser and fairly unpleasant person from what we can see. Tiger Woods is a miserable, sullen, humourless moron with no spontaneity and an astounding level of arrogance and self importance who can't say anything which borders on an opinion. Hamilton is a guy who wins a one horse race every year and is also a proven  narcissistic  twit and self absorbed brat, not to mention his utterly preposterous and hypocritical views on the environment which confirm him as a complete prat. I also can't stand Dianne Abbot, and if I called her a name you are so stupid that you'd claim that was sexist and racist, yet if I said the same thing about Eileen Foster, I doubt you'd even mention it.

I also dislike many white sports people too, seeing as you are trying to infer that I am racist. How about all the comments I've made about Pie Man Lowry, Scumbag John Terry, Brainless Steven Gerrard, Bible Thumper Golf Squad? Oh yeah, you conveniently "forgot" about them didn't you?

Bore on Mac, you're a disgrace.

Last edited by super_realist on Mon 09 Dec 2019, 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 09 Dec 2019, 8:10 am

super_realist wrote:

I don't care about Anti-Semitism Mac, you know I don't believe that any religion should get any treatment other than complete ridicule because it's indistinguishable from a fairy tale and I don't think they deserve special treatment on behalf of what myth they believe in.   I thought that was obvious, but it's an clear and inescapable criticism of the Labour Party and their half dead leader for which they fail to make amends despite it being easy to do so, that and their hilariously stupid and unworkable manifesto.

Yes, you're right, I do dislike Serena Williams, she's a proven brat, bad sport, bad loser and fairly unpleasant person from what we can see. Tiger Woods is a miserable, sullen, humourless moron with no spontaneity and an astounding level of arrogance and self importance who can't say anything which borders on an opinion. Hamilton is a guy who wins a one horse race every year and is also a proven  narcissistic  twit and self absorbed brat, not to mention his utterly preposterous and hypocritical views on the environment which confirm him as a complete prat. I also can't stand Dianne Abbot, and if I called her a name you are so stupid that you'd claim that was sexist and racist, yet if I said the same thing about Eileen Foster, I doubt you'd even mention it.

I also dislike many white sports people too, seeing as you are trying to infer that I am racist. How about all the comments I've made about Pie Man Lowry, Scumbag John Terry, Brainless Steven Gerrard, Bible Thumper Golf Squad? Oh yeah, you conveniently "forgot" about them didn't you?

What did you say re: Tiger Woods and fries chicken?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 09 Dec 2019, 8:11 am

Samo wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I don't care about Anti-Semitism Mac, you know I don't believe that any religion should get any treatment other than complete ridicule because it's indistinguishable from a fairy tale and I don't think they deserve special treatment on behalf of what myth they believe in.   I thought that was obvious, but it's an clear and inescapable criticism of the Labour Party and their half dead leader for which they fail to make amends despite it being easy to do so, that and their hilariously stupid and unworkable manifesto.

I just don't like the guy. What is there to like about him? Don't see the attraction in watching him. Mad axeman swing, too stupid to know when he's putting his body at risk, poor course management and a miserable guy.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 09 Dec 2019, 8:11 am

super_realist wrote:

I don't care about Anti-Semitism Mac, you know I don't believe that any religion should get any treatment other than complete ridicule because it's indistinguishable from a fairy tale and I don't think they deserve special treatment on behalf of what myth they believe in.   I thought that was obvious, but it's an clear and inescapable criticism of the Labour Party and their half dead leader for which they fail to make amends despite it being easy to do so, that and their hilariously stupid and unworkable pipe dream manifesto.

Bloody hell. And I thought I was miserable.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 09 Dec 2019, 8:58 am

super_realist wrote:
Samo wrote:

I just don't like the guy. What is there to like about him? Don't see the attraction in watching him. Mad axeman swing, too stupid to know when he's putting his body at risk, poor course management and a miserable guy.

Thats fair enough but whats that to do with fried chicken?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 09 Dec 2019, 9:06 am

Samo wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Samo wrote:

It's not relevant to this thread.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 09 Dec 2019, 9:37 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Samo wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Samo wrote:

It's not relevant to this thread.

If you say so.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 09 Dec 2019, 10:34 am

Samo

Sergio Garcia and Fuzzy Zeoller have both used the racist fried chicken trope towards Tiger Woods. There is a long running debate in the golf section where you will not be surprised to learn a lot of the posters, super_realist included, refuse to accept this as racist.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 09 Dec 2019, 11:10 am

Luke wrote:Nigel Farage has confirmed that after this election. The Brexit party will be changing there name to the reform party. Campaigning for electrical reform amongst other things.

Well electoral reform is already on the agenda for the Brexit Party, but no surprise about the name as the old Reform Party of Canada is one of Nigel’s inspirations.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 09 Dec 2019, 11:29 am

McLaren wrote:Samo

Sergio Garcia and Fuzzy Zeoller have both used the racist fried chicken trope towards Tiger Woods. There is a long running debate in the golf section where you will not be surprised to learn a lot of the posters, super_realist included, refuse to accept this as racist.
Seriously? I thought I'd made it clear enough. This is not relevant to the 2019 UK GE. Use a PM next time if you want to explain.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 09 Dec 2019, 11:31 am

Duty281 wrote:

Well electoral reform is already on the agenda for the Brexit Party, but no surprise about the name as the old Reform Party of Canada is one of Nigel’s inspirations.
Not sure I like Farage, but God knows the UK needs serious electoral reform. Won't hold my breath though...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 09 Dec 2019, 11:35 am

Samo wrote:

Do you think the sad sacks that gave him money realise they were conned yet?

I've read in a few papers, that they want the conservatives to win really. So if he gets them past the post, then I don't think they'll see it as a con.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 09 Dec 2019, 11:38 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Not sure I like Farage, but God knows the UK needs serious electoral reform. Won't hold my breath though...

Agree totally. And to be fair, he is a good talker. And can get a point across and make it stick. I don't like him, as a person particularly. But to get this to happen, he is the man to do it.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 09 Dec 2019, 11:45 am

Farage is far too polarising.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Mon 09 Dec 2019, 11:48 am

17.4 Million peoples voices have been silenced. Its time to vote out those who do not believe in democracy.

Shame on Parliament.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 09 Dec 2019, 12:03 pm

TightHEAD wrote:17.4 Million peoples voices have been silenced. Its time to vote out those who do not believe in democracy.

Shame on Parliament.
2019 General Election - Page 20 Blue10

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 09 Dec 2019, 12:14 pm

TightHEAD wrote:17.4 Million peoples voices have been silenced. Its time to vote out those who do not believe in democracy.

Shame on Parliament.
No, they haven't and we don't need the hyperbolae. We've not even had the GE yet.

Patience - don't you want the correct outcome? Or are you content with a simple jump off the cliff into the unknown?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 09 Dec 2019, 12:23 pm

Luke wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Agree totally. And to be fair, he is a good talker. And can get a point across and make it stick. I don't like him, as a person particularly. But to get this to happen, he is the man to do it.

Jesus Christ!

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.php?t=69305

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20