The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

4 posters

Go down

SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 22 Sep 2019, 2:15 pm

For the final time this year Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo ( should be Sad but not after this season)
Surrey have named an unchanged squad to take on Nottinghamshire in our final Specsavers County Championship match of the season. picard
England men Rory Burns, Sam Curran and Jason Roy are all requested after conversations between Surrey and ECB coaching staff. Rolling Eyes
Dean Elgar is unavailable ahead of South Africa’s Test series with India, starting on 2 October. Tom Curran Gus Atkinson and Matt Dunn are still injured while Jade Dernbach is with the Jamaican Tallawahs in the Caribbean Premier League.
Gareth batty and Stuart meaker continue to be overlooked.
FULL SQUAD
Ben Foakes (c)
Scott Borthwick
Jordan Clark
Rikki Clarke
Will Jacks
Conor McKerr
Morne Morkel
Ryan Patel
Liam Plunkett
Ollie Pope
Jamie Smith
Mark Stoneman
Amar Virdi
nonsense about the England trio if this game mattered all 3 would play.
I know because of the pay we should play Plunkett but not for me after that awful Essex performance, so him and Borthwick to miss out but we will probably be unchanged.
For the final time this year over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Sun 22 Sep 2019, 7:53 pm

Thanks, JimBob, and for all the other threads throughout the season. If only Surrey players had been so consistent! Wink

Yes, absolute nonsense about the trio being rested. Especialy Sam. He's spent too much time on the bench as it is. How is he going to improve if he's not playing?

There would be no objection from me if Plunkett and Borthwick end up on drinks duty. We might be in luck with Plunkett - I reckon McKerr has a fair chance of playing anyway. Patel might just come in as well, although if he does maybe for Smith than Borthwick. Surely things have to be shaken up afer last week's stuffing!

I'm going along tomorrow. Probably my last visit this year. The forecast for the rest of the week is poor which might at least spare us further embarrassment.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Empty Re: SURREY VS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by thegooch7 Sun 22 Sep 2019, 11:40 pm

Cheers again jimbob, absolutely astounding that the 3 England players aren't available for us! I think we'll be unchanged, the same clowns that let us down last week will be selected, enjoy it Guildford!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 23 Sep 2019, 11:47 am

Cheers for the threads as ever Jimbob - especially during a down season.

Decent start today though
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 23 Sep 2019, 2:40 pm

Quality knock here from Pope. More later.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 23 Sep 2019, 3:16 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Thanks, JimBob, and for all the other threads throughout the season. If only Surrey players had been so consistent! Wink

Hug OK

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 23 Sep 2019, 3:16 pm

thegooch7 wrote:Cheers again jimbob,
Hug OK

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 23 Sep 2019, 3:17 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Cheers for the threads as ever Jimbob - especially during a down season.

Hug OK

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 23 Sep 2019, 3:19 pm

I think young Jamie will be kicking himself missing out today.Sad
good to see his holiness get some luck a missed stumping and a dropped catch Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 24 Sep 2019, 12:08 am

Just for once a good batting performance from Surrey.

Admittedly, the Notts attack was ordinary but Borthwick and Pope made the most of it after both Stoneman and Smith fell caught behind in the same Coughlin over with the score on 70. A leg side strangle accounting for Rocky whilst Smith got an edge pushing at one I thought he could have left alone. Several of the Oval regulars regarded number 3 as too early for the youngster - hard to disagree at this stage.

An unbeaten ton for Borthwick who applied himself and ran well. However, the real eye catching performance for me came from Pope. A bit of good fortune as JimBob mentions but he wasn't going to waste that. Several lovely cover drives, crisply struck and along the deck. No wham bam stuff and the ball rarely in the air but regularly moving the score along. Without looking cocky, he just seems so confident and at ease.

If the weather allows, we should have a decent chance of getting full batting points. Seems a long time since I've been able to say that!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 24 Sep 2019, 8:22 am

Cheers for the report Guildford - managed to catch an hour or so of play on the stream yesterday afternoon, and similar to you - Pope looked a cut above, albeit Borthwick played nicely (personally I think he gets a bit of unfair stick myself).

But the way Pope played most of that Notts attack with ease was good to see - fear we might not be seeing too much of him over the coming years in Surrey whites!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 25 Sep 2019, 4:20 pm

surrey declare on 402 for 6 all 5 batting points Very Happy Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 26 Sep 2019, 5:21 pm

match drawn
That's it for another year chaps very much one to forget.
Thanks again to everybody who has contributed to the forum throughout the year thumbsup
As someone says winter well Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down