The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derek Chisora vs Tyson Fury on Five

+11
Valero's Conscience
peakbay
bhb001
ian_jamsie
eddyfightfan
WelshDevilRob
Ronikara
Liam_Main
sweet_pea
compelling and rich
Young_Towzer
15 posters

Go down

Derek Chisora vs Tyson Fury on Five Empty Derek Chisora vs Tyson Fury on Five

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 11 Jun 2011, 9:21 am

The British & Commonwealth Heavyweight title fight between Finchley's Derek Chisora and Flamingo Land's Tyson Fury will go ahead on 23rd July at the Wembley Arena on channel five. This is great news for fight fans, and they will also show build up to the sham of a fight between Khan and Judah. Great news about this huge domestic showdown being on five though!

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Derek Chisora vs Tyson Fury on Five Empty Re: Derek Chisora vs Tyson Fury on Five

Post by compelling and rich Sat 11 Jun 2011, 10:53 am

good news that its on five but how you can call khan v judah a sham of a fight while building up fury v chisora!!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Derek Chisora vs Tyson Fury on Five Empty Re: Derek Chisora vs Tyson Fury on Five

Post by sweet_pea Sat 11 Jun 2011, 12:18 pm

good news its on normal tv... even though its channel 5.
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 11 Jun 2011, 12:48 pm

good news that its on five but how you can call khan v judah a sham of a fight while building up fury v chisora!!!
A shot fighter vs an up and comer, 2 prime young british fighters, don't agree with me = not too bothered tbh, i refuse to agree Khan v Judah is a 50/50 fight, this is a guy who's been sparked off Baldomir 5 year ago, hasn't won against a world champ for 6 year

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 11 Jun 2011, 12:58 pm

tyson fury- known for punching himself in the face and training camps evolve around hitting lumps out of his brother who's has never boxed. british level plodders both of them and neither world level unlike zab. he's past it yes but still leaps and bounds better than these two heavys

i agree its not 50/50 nowhere near, but still should be entertaing

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 11 Jun 2011, 1:02 pm

tyson fury- known for punching himself in the face and training camps evolve around hitting lumps out of his brother who's has never boxed. british level plodders both of them and neither world level unlike zab. he's past it yes but still leaps and bounds better than these two heavys
Tyson Fury - former ABA title winner, GB international amateur, English champ
Derek Chisora - former ABA title winner, British & Commonwealth champ

Zab might well be a former world champ, but he has beaten nobody at all who was world class and has been battered, quit in big fights for the past 8 years, he's a laughing stock. This fight is a bum fight, Khan will destroy him, Judah's finished so how can this be anything over than a sham of a fight, Matthysse who's as slow as the day is long battered him and was robbed, Khan is handpicking, McCloskey now Judah Yahoo

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 11 Jun 2011, 1:06 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:tyson fury- known for punching himself in the face and training camps evolve around hitting lumps out of his brother who's has never boxed. british level plodders both of them and neither world level unlike zab. he's past it yes but still leaps and bounds better than these two heavys
Tyson Fury - former ABA title winner, GB international amateur, English champ
Derek Chisora - former ABA title winner, British & Commonwealth champ

Zab might well be a former world champ, but he has beaten nobody at all who was world class and has been battered, quit in big fights for the past 8 years, he's a laughing stock. This fight is a bum fight, Khan will destroy him, Judah's finished so how can this be anything over than a sham of a fight, Matthysse who's as slow as the day is long battered him and was robbed, Khan is handpicking, McCloskey now Judah Yahoo

How can you compare McCloskey to Judah just take a look at there records to see the major difference.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 11 Jun 2011, 1:11 pm

How can you compare McCloskey to Judah just take a look at there records to see the major difference.
Judah is shot to bits, any fighter who sticks to a gameplan and wants to win beats him, Clottey battered him 3 years ago!. He then gets a robbery over Matthysse, and beats a slow slugging Mabuza, i aint getting sucked in, he was nothing at all special in his heyday, a raw, raw Junior Witter gave him absolute fits and he's the best fighter he's beat at LWW

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronikara Sat 11 Jun 2011, 1:53 pm

Towzer, not every fight can be exactly 50-50. Judah is still a tough fight for Khan, even if Khan is the favourite and he will learn a lot from fighting a guy who has mixed at world level for years. Bradley chose not to fight this time though he may do later in the year. Looking at the other guys in the division that Khan hasn't faced, Judah was arguably the toughest out there. And lets not take things for granted. It would be suicide to always go for only the best fighters without having had competitive tests first. This is a lesson Degale learned the hard way a couple of weeks ago. Looking good against the lemons he had faced simply did not help him develop. Give Khan a break.

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 11 Jun 2011, 2:19 pm

Towzer, not every fight can be exactly 50-50. Judah is still a tough fight for Khan, even if Khan is the favourite and he will learn a lot from fighting a guy who has mixed at world level for years
Judah will not compete, its a sham of a fight imo. Judah, and this is the last time i'll say it never was special and is shot to bits. Also, Bradley was offered peanuts, dan rafael was on about it the other day, if someone came to my country and i was the best light welterweight in the world, as Bradley is and officially rated the best, and had beat better, much better fighters i wouldn't take nothing but 50% and Bradley's right to walk away.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Sat 11 Jun 2011, 8:16 pm

Good to have boxing on free TV.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 11 Jun 2011, 8:41 pm

i can finaly watch some decent boxing at home...... on a big tv

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 11 Jun 2011, 10:40 pm

your not wrong welshdevil and eddie, i don't have sky, i have to bike it to our mams and listen to her moan when i want to watch a sky fight or get ppv on, as soon as she hits the bingo i hit the phone to book a ppv fight, mind if its a big one haha.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Sun 12 Jun 2011, 8:39 am

The only sham nature of the Khan fight is that it is ppv.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 12 Jun 2011, 12:12 pm

The only sham nature of the Khan fight is that it is ppv.
i was thinking more a lww who's last win against a world champ who was good at that weight came 8 year ago, but hey!

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 2:14 pm

Great to see boxing on free TV again, but likely to be a disappointing fight. Mind you, I'll be tuned in like everyone. I can't really call it yet, but we could do with a real convincing win. A grind fight would not be in either of the two fighters interest. I tend to think Chisora if its convincing, Fury if it isn't.

I am not a fan of Khan, but Judah seems a credible opponent and way better than McCluskey. I am also glad that he is keeping active, otherwise we definitely won't see any of the bigger fights ala Bradley.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by peakbay Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:42 pm

if it is on five that's great. i don't want to sound like i work for five or anything lol, but since they were taken over. i found myself watching alot of their prgrams and if they start showing boxing on a regular basis things can only get better

peakbay

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:44 pm

This better not mean John Barnes is covering it!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:47 pm

peakbay wrote:if it is on five that's great. i don't want to sound like i work for five or anything lol, but since they were taken over. i found myself watching alot of their prgrams and if they start showing boxing on a regular basis things can only get better

I've not watched five since they stopped showing the Red Shoe Diaries and all those Shannon Tweed films...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Mon 13 Jun 2011, 5:00 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:This better not mean John Barnes is covering it!

ROFLMAO!

Maybe he can give us a boxing version of:-

You've got to hold and give, but do it at the right time
You can be slow or fast but you must get to the line
They'll always hit you and hurt you, defend and attack
There's only one way to beat them, get around the back Smile

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 14 Jun 2011, 9:29 am

Brilliant news, hopefully if 5 get decent figures they will show the rest of the free channels that there is actually a market for boxing.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 14 Jun 2011, 1:47 pm

after seeing price KO dallas at the weekend i'll be looking to the winner of this fighting price. hopefully they'll show that on 5 too.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 14 Jun 2011, 1:48 pm

eddy, there's a PM at your inbox, mate.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down