The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edinburgh vs Glasgow The 1872 Cup - Edinburgh's annual slaughtering of the new effeminate ones

+19
Welly
NeilyBroon
king_carlos
funnyExiledScot
Tramptastic
bsando
Heuer27
Taylorman
highland_scot
TheMildlyFranticLlama
nickj
EWT Spoons
TJ
Eejit
jimbopip
IanBru
BigGee
tigertattie
23 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Edinburgh vs Glasgow The 1872 Cup - Edinburgh's annual slaughtering of the new effeminate ones  - Page 2 Empty Edinburgh vs Glasgow The 1872 Cup - Edinburgh's annual slaughtering of the new effeminate ones

Post by tigertattie Mon 17 Dec 2018, 11:52 am

First topic message reminder :

All in good jest folks!

It’s that time again. When Edinburgh rugby, a tough gnarly rugby team, face off against the hair gel wearing, skin moisturising, sun bed using Glasgow "Warriors".

This annual handing out of league points to Edinburgh is much welcomed as Glasgow, a team who really are living off past glory, look to try and get their hands on some silverware in this day and age.

The history speaks for itself really with the current holders Edinburgh continually handing out a spanking to the team of Avon consumers (if only the fans would follow the lead eh)

Edinburgh 20–8 Glasgow
Edinburgh 23–11 Glasgow
Glasgow 11–14 Edinburgh
Edinburgh 12–25 Glasgow
Glasgow 18–29 Edinburgh
Edinburgh 18–17 Glasgow
Glasgow 17–0 Edinburgh
Edinburgh 24–19 Glasgow

Now, let’s get ready to hear from the warrior nation about how they believe Edinburgh are the effeminates and how they think Glasgow will prevail this year!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh vs Glasgow The 1872 Cup - Edinburgh's annual slaughtering of the new effeminate ones  - Page 2 Empty Re: Edinburgh vs Glasgow The 1872 Cup - Edinburgh's annual slaughtering of the new effeminate ones

Post by Eejit Wed 19 Dec 2018, 2:30 pm

Must be some problem with the website. People keep accidentally picking Watson at 7 when obviously they’re trying to pick Gibbins as the best openside in Scotland.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh vs Glasgow The 1872 Cup - Edinburgh's annual slaughtering of the new effeminate ones  - Page 2 Empty Re: Edinburgh vs Glasgow The 1872 Cup - Edinburgh's annual slaughtering of the new effeminate ones

Post by RDW Wed 19 Dec 2018, 2:34 pm

Eejit wrote:Must be some problem with the website. People keep accidentally picking Watson at 7 when obviously they’re trying to pick Gibbins as the best openside in Scotland.

I can take banter, but that is just factually incorrect!

I actually think Gibbens has been underwhelming this season, and certainly hasn’t hit the same heights of his first season at Glasgow before he got injured.

Against Lyon recently for example he only made 3 carries and was only joint 4th in the tackle charts. Obviously that’s only one game, but in your heart of hearts have Glasgow fans really been as impressed with him as when he first joined?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed 19 Dec 2018, 2:46 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Against Lyon recently for example he only made 3 carries and was only joint 4th in the tackle charts. Obviously that’s only one game, but in your heart of hearts have Glasgow fans really been as impressed with him as when he first joined?
That's an interesting question, to which there isn't an easy answer. I think that Glasgow fans are generally used to higher quality performances from their players. To that extent, Gibbins is in a difficult position of having to justify his position in a team that has won significant silverware and is beloved by neutrals across the civilised world.

I think new signings for Edinburgh, once they get over the shock of the plane heading straight on past Newcastle rather than veering left, must breathe a sigh of relief that however bad they may be, they're sure to look good at the inflatable stadium and gin bar on the Murrayfield back pitches.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Wed 19 Dec 2018, 2:53 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Eejit wrote:Must be some problem with the website. People keep accidentally picking Watson at 7 when obviously they’re trying to pick Gibbins as the best openside in Scotland.

I actually think Gibbens has been underwhelming this season, and certainly hasn’t hit the same heights of his first season at Glasgow before he got injured.

Against Lyon recently for example he only made 3 carries and was only joint 4th in the tackle charts. Obviously that’s only one game, but in your heart of hearts have Glasgow fans really been as impressed with him as when he first joined?

I think you’re seeing what you want to see there, the weather was awful on Saturday and no-one particularly stood out. It was almost as grim a watch as any Edinburgh game with the difference being that Glasgow won it whereas the luvvies would have found a way to lose spectacularly. What the stats don’t show is that Gibbins is the type of player that makes those around him look good and Glasgow are a much better player for him playing.

And the one man wrecking crew that is the Mish is about to find that out first hand on Saturday!

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 19 Dec 2018, 3:16 pm

Eejit wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

I think you’re seeing what you want to see there, the weather was awful on Saturday and no-one particularly stood out. It was almost as grim a watch as any Edinburgh game with the difference being that Glasgow won it whereas the luvvies would have found a way to lose spectacularly. What the stats don’t show is that Gibbins is the type of player that makes those around him look good and Glasgow are a much better player for him playing.

And the one man wrecking crew that is the Mish is about to find that out first hand on Saturday!

You know a weegie's argument is in trouble if he has to resort to the Ryan Wilson "he makes everyon else look better" line! 

Gibbens is a great player and justifiably the Glasgow captain, but as a much less one eyed observer (I want Glasgow to win in any game bar Edinburgh) I just don't think he's influencing games this season like he used to. And to compare him with a 20+ caps proven at the highest level time and time again Hamish Watson is really bonkers!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 19 Dec 2018, 3:24 pm

There will be a number of extra tasty match ups on Saturday.

Swison v that useless fat lump

Gibbins v Watson

Young Fagerson v Mata, no the other one

Hogg v King Blarehorn

Ashe v Ritchie

Stafford Terrier v anyone he feels like flattening.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Wed 19 Dec 2018, 3:26 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Eejit wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

You know a weegie's argument is in trouble if he has to resort to the Ryan Wilson "he makes everyon else look better" line! 

Gibbens is a great player and justifiably the Glasgow captain, but as a much less one eyed observer (I want Glasgow to win in any game bar Edinburgh) I just don't think he's influencing games this season like he used to. And to compare him with a 20+ caps proven at the highest level time and time again Hamish Watson is really bonkers!

Are you misspelling the chap’s name as some sort of power play? Typical luvvie behaviour.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 19 Dec 2018, 3:40 pm

Nope, just couldn't remember how to spell it.

More deflection tactics being adopted!  Whistle

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed 19 Dec 2018, 4:33 pm

"It's the most wonderful time... of the YEEEEAAAARRR!!"
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Wed 19 Dec 2018, 9:42 pm

I think the Gibbons-Watson debate is a classic case of us underestimating our Scottish players. I am a big fan of Gibbons, he's a tremendous player but Watson is up with the very best in his position in the Northern Hemisphere. Would he get into the England team? In an instance I'd bet.

This is one of the reasons we're frequently left disappointed when players make the step up to the Scotland team, guys like Strauss and Visser were put on a pedestal on for us to be left underwhelmed when they pulled on the blue shirt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Wed 19 Dec 2018, 10:05 pm

123456789. wrote:I think the Gibbons-Watson debate is a classic case of us underestimating our Scottish players. I am a big fan of Gibbons, he's a tremendous player but Watson is up with the very best in his position in the Northern Hemisphere. Would he get into the England team? In an instance I'd bet.

This is one of the reasons we're frequently left disappointed when players make the step up to the Scotland team, guys like Strauss and Visser were put on a pedestal on for us to be left underwhelmed when they pulled on the blue shirt.

The Gibbins-Watson debate is 90% contrived to make fun of Admin Boy.

But now that you bring it up, did you just compare the captain of Glasgow Warriors to Turnstile Tim? Surely a wind-up!

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 20 Dec 2018, 10:03 am

Strike rates (scotland):

Tim Visser 42%
Tommy Seymour 41%
Sean Maitland 29%
Stuat Hogg 27%

I don't get the Tim bashing? He didnt even get to play outside the creative players we have today!

is it only because he wasnt fake baked enough to play for Glagsow?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 20 Dec 2018, 10:40 am

Edinburgh vs Glasgow The 1872 Cup - Edinburgh's annual slaughtering of the new effeminate ones  - Page 2 Captur10

even the BBC with their historic Glasgow bias are starting to highlight just how knickers are Glasgow are when they come to play Edinburgh!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 20 Dec 2018, 10:53 am

tigertattie wrote:is it only because he wasnt fake baked enough to play for Glagsow?
[COUGH] Damian [COUGH] Hoyland! [COUGH]
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 20 Dec 2018, 10:57 am

IanBru wrote:
tigertattie wrote:is it only because he wasnt fake baked enough to play for Glagsow?

I don't think that's fake tan - that's his natural skin colour....

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 20 Dec 2018, 11:18 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
IanBru wrote:

I don't think that's fake tan - that's his natural skin colour....

Indeed. There is a natural skin tone, there's also folk who take a really good long lasting tan from being outside in the sun.

Then there is Ali Price and Adam Hastings who are as orange as anyone on Gerodie Shore and only 2 shades away from being Trump orange!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 21 Dec 2018, 12:03 pm

Glasgow Warriors team to play Edinburgh in the Guinness PRO14, 1872 Cup First Leg at BT Murrayfield, Saturday 22 December, kick-off 5.15pm - live on Premier Sports 1.

1. Oli Kebble (21)
2. Grant Stewart (12)
3. Siua Halanukonuka (20)
4. Rob Harley (196)
5. Jonny Gray (95)
6. Adam Ashe (62)
7. Callum Gibbins (C) (27)
8. Matt Fagerson (36)

9. George Horne (30)
10. Adam Hastings (19)
11. DTH van der Merwe
12. Peter Horne (149)
13. Nick Grigg (51)
14. Tommy Seymour (123)
15. Stuart Hogg (111)

Replacements

16. Kevin Bryce (16)
17. Jamie Bhatti (34)
18. D’Arcy Rae (52)
19. Tim Swinson (116)
20. Chris Fusaro (153)
21. Ali Price (66)
22. Huw Jones (15)
23. Niko Matawalu (103)
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 21 Dec 2018, 12:04 pm

That backline... Is there anything that remotely compares to it this side of the moons of Jupiter?
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 21 Dec 2018, 12:08 pm

Edinburgh:

15 Kinghorn
14 Graham
13 Johnstone
12 Dean
11 VDM
10 VDW
9 Pyrgos

1 Schoeman
2 McInally
3 Nel
4 Toolis
5 Gilchrist
6 Hamilton
7 Watson
8 Mata

16 Cherry
17 Dell
18 Ceccarelli
19 CHH
20 Crosbie
21 Fowles
22 Hickey
23 Socino

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Dec 2018, 12:08 pm

Edinburgh second-row Ben Toolis will make his 100th appearance for the club in the first leg of this season’s 1872 Cup derby against Glasgow at BT Murrayfield tomorrow night (Saturday 22 December, kick-off 5.15pm).

Another bumper crowd is expected at BT Murrayfield tomorrow, so supporters are encouraged to beat the queues and save on matchday prices by booking their tickets online here today.

The Scotland international – who joined the club’s academy from Australian side GPS Rugby in 2013 – will become the club’s 32nd centurion, joining current second-row teammates Grant Gilchrist and Fraser McKenzie in the 100 Club.

Toolis is named in a strong starting XV that includes just one change to the team that secured an impressive away win against Newcastle Falcons in the Heineken Champions Cup last weekend.

Scotland cap Allan Dell drops to the bench to be replaced by Pierre Schoeman in the front-row, with the South African making his first 1872 Cup appearance.

Ahead of the festive fixture - which sees Scotland’s two professional sides go head-to-head over three legs for the 1872 Cup - Head Coach Richard Cockerill, said: “Derby games are just different. I’ve learned very quickly since arriving in Scotland that, in matches between Edinburgh and Glasgow, the form book goes out the window.

"The boys are really looking forward to the match. It’s derby day, we’re at home, and we’re certainly going to leave everything out on the field. It's shaping up to be a tasty battle.”

An unchanged back-three sees Scotland international fullback Blair Kinghorn line up alongside wingers Duhan van der Merwe – a try-scorer in last Sunday’s Heineken Champions Cup win over Newcastle Falcons – and Darcy Graham.

Chris Dean is once again named at inside centre alongside James Johnstone, who retains his place in the starting XV after scoring in Sunday’s 21-8 win over the Falcons.

Jaco van der Walt – who knocked over 11 points with his boot in his last outing for the capital side – is partnered by experienced scrum-half Henry Pyrgos at half-back.

The inclusion of Schoeman at loosehead prop is the only alteration to an otherwise unchanged front-row as captain Stuart McInally packs down alongside WP Nel.

Experienced locks Toolis and Gilchrist continue in the second-row, whilst an unchanged back-row sees the Guinness PRO14’s leading ball carrier Luke Hamilton continue at blindside flanker alongside Hamish Watson and Fijian international No.8 Bill Mata.

Edinburgh team to face Glasgow Warriors at BT Murrayfield in the 1872 Cup on Saturday 22 December (kick-off 5.15pm) – live on Premier Sports.

15. Blair Kinghorn (73)

14. Darcy Graham (13)

13. James Johnstone (30)

12. Chris Dean (76)

11. Duhan van der Merwe (29)

10. Jaco van der Walt (26)

9. Henry Pyrgos (12)

1. Pierre Schoeman (9)

2. Stuart McInally (129) CAPTAIN

3. WP Nel (124)

4. Ben Toolis (99)

5. Grant Gilchrist (129)

6. Luke Hamilton (12)

7. Hamish Watson (90)

8. Bill Mata (47)

Replacements: 16. David Cherry (8); 17. Allan Dell (53); 18. Pietro Ceccarelli (4); 19. Callum Hunter-Hill (8); 20. Luke Crosbie (17); 21. Nathan Fowles (64); 22. Simon Hickey (12); 23. Juan Pablo Socino (10)

Unavailable due to injury: Lewis Carmichael; John Barclay; Magnus Bradbury; Jamie Ritchie; Senitiki Nayalo; Matt Scott; Mark Bennett; Damien Hoyland

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Dec 2018, 12:09 pm

Main surprise from an Edinburgh PoV is Ceccarelli over McCallum on the bench.

Wonder what's happened to McCallum? He hasn't' played for a while now.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 21 Dec 2018, 12:12 pm

I assume he's injured

EDIT - Never mind just seen the "unavailable due to injury section" and he's not there

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Dec 2018, 12:13 pm

he's not on the list

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 21 Dec 2018, 12:16 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:he's not on the list

Yeah noticed my error.

Strange Berghan isn't at least on the bench as well. Wonder if they are needing rested. Which would seem odd, unless Cockers is saving them for the Kings game as Nel will need a break soon

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Dec 2018, 12:20 pm

I can't imagine Nel will come off before 70 minutes - he's maybe going to play Berghan next week to give Nel a break. Very un-Cockers like!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 21 Dec 2018, 12:34 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:I can't imagine Nel will come off before 70 minutes - he's maybe going to play Berghan next week to give Nel a break. Very un-Cockers like!

Probably just trying to give them a chance. He's a very festive guy like that is Cockers, a real modern-day Father Christmas.

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 21 Dec 2018, 12:37 pm

Prediction time

Big Bad Bill to run at the slight frame of P Horne and Grant Gilchrist to step over Nick Grigg all afternoon with Edinburgh running out confortable winners by 15 points.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Dec 2018, 12:38 pm

Nel V Kebble is going to be a huge clash!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 21 Dec 2018, 12:42 pm

tigertattie wrote:Prediction time

Big Bad Bill to run at the slight frame of P Horne and Grant Gilchrist to step over Nick Grigg all afternoon with Edinburgh running out confortable winners by 15 points.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

You do make I laugh, you do.

Edinburgh NHS are currently rushing an iron lung to the Mausoleum in order that the Luvvies fat Boys have a chance of surviving the game. The thought of trying to keep up with that back line for 65 minutes and then Aldi Price, Mad Mad Mata and Huw Jones come on Erm

They'd best have defibulators pitchside too.

AND, Dunbar-McDowall waiting to play in the home leg. Erm

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 21 Dec 2018, 1:02 pm

Sorry Jim old bean but your pack is going to be utterly Schooled tomorrow.

It's going to be a game where you are strangled to death by a property rugby team and your fake tanned backs will be devoid of ball.

Stuart Hogg to get so frustrated that he has one of his annual festive outbursts, the ref with then warn him to watch his mouth, Hogg with then be that flustered that Edinburgh will ping up a high ball and Hogg will tackle someone in the air with his face and get himself sent off.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by highland_scot Fri 21 Dec 2018, 1:11 pm

jimbopip wrote:
tigertattie wrote:Prediction time

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

You do make I laugh, you do.

Edinburgh NHS are currently rushing an iron lung to the Mausoleum in order that the Luvvies fat Boys have a chance of surviving the game. The thought of trying to keep up with that back line for 65 minutes and then Aldi Price, Mad Mad Mata and Huw Jones come on Erm

They'd best have defibulators pitchside too.

AND, Dunbar-McDowall waiting to play in the home leg. Erm

I think Edinburgh will be looking forward to Glasgow emptying the bench...

Ali Price can come on on throw his trademark interception pass
Niko will invariably gift a try when he takes a tap and go on his own 5m line and gets turned over
As for Jones, well he hasn't turned up in a Glasgow shirt all season!

highland_scot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 21 Dec 2018, 1:23 pm

Ah Highland laddie warning I don't know which Huw Jones you have been watching but the one who plays for The Once And Future Champions has been getting better by the week. He is very close to his, superlative, international form.

Similarly, MadMadMata is probably our form back at the moment. Given the competition that is something. His moments of insanity are much less frequent, and much less damaging in the grand scheme of things. Mind you at DR's Christmas dinner last season; open house to the "orphans" who were far from home but everyone had to bring a seasonal dish, Niko turned up with a Chicken chop suey concoction which is still being giggled about.

Aldi Price is much more likely to throw a scoring pass than an interception. He only throws them to Welshmen who are still offside from a ruck in the previous match.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 21 Dec 2018, 1:26 pm

yeah and when Fowles and Socino come on, it will really put the fear up glasgow...

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by highland_scot Fri 21 Dec 2018, 1:29 pm

jimbopip wrote:Ah Highland laddie warning I don't know which Huw Jones you have been watching but the one who plays for The Once And Future Champions has been getting better by the week. He is very close to his, superlative, international form.

Similarly, MadMadMata is probably our form back at the moment. Given the competition that is something. His moments of insanity are much less frequent, and much less damaging in the grand scheme of things. Mind you at DR's Christmas dinner last season; open house to the "orphans" who were far from home but everyone had to bring a seasonal dish, Niko turned up with a Chicken chop suey concoction which is still being giggled about.

Aldi Price is much more likely to throw a scoring pass than an interception. He only throws them to Welshmen who are still offside from a ruck in the previous match.

Luke Hamilton played for Wales, I'm sure he'll be up for that!

highland_scot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 21 Dec 2018, 1:30 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:yeah and when Fowles and Socino come on it will really put the fear up glasgow.

To be honest, the inclusion of Bru and GC's mildly racist Uncle Dougie would probably improve the Luvvies bench. Certainly would add some aggression to it. And Werthers Originals. And then there's Uncle Dougie.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 21 Dec 2018, 1:32 pm

Niko is indeed on form at the moment. His madness against the Blues and Ospreys for example was quite something.

Edinburgh know about the madness of Glasgow though which is why we play a structred game against them to negate the madness.

Henry P to ping balls down the tram lines all day and our forwards will have a close quarter battle with whichever of the Glasgow bunch are daft enough to engage in an arm wrestle
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 21 Dec 2018, 1:33 pm

highland_scot wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Ah Highland laddie warning I don't know which Huw Jones you have been watching but the one who plays for The Once And Future Champions has been getting better by the week. He is very close to his, superlative, international form.

Luke Hamilton played for Wales, I'm sure he'll be up for that!

He played for the U20's before seeing the light and declaring for God's favourites. Unfortunately for him when Dodson said, "You want to play at Murrayfield? Sign here." He hadn't read the small print.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 21 Dec 2018, 1:36 pm

tigertattie wrote:Niko is indeed on form at the moment. His madness against the Blues and Ospreys for example was quite something.

our forwards will have a close quarter battle with whichever of the Glasgow bunch are daft enough to engage in an arm wrestle

You do realise Big Bad Bob is playing? Shocked There can only be one winner there.

Gilchrist v The Giant Red Crayon (allegedly) I hope no children are watching. steam censored furious

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 21 Dec 2018, 1:46 pm

Lets do a good old comparison

15. Blair Kinghorn (73) vs 15. Stuart Hogg (111) - Adv Hogg
14. Darcy Graham (13) vs 14. Tommy Seymour (123) - Adv Tommy S
13. James Johnstone (30) vs 13. Nick Grigg (51) - Adv Grigg (but not by much)
12. Chris Dean (76) vs 12. Peter Horne (149) - Adv Horne (but not by much)
11. Duhan van der Merwe (29) 11. DTH van der Merwe - Evens I'd say
10. Jaco van der Walt (26) vs 10. Adam Hastings (19) - Adv Hastings
9. Henry Pyrgos (12) vs 9. George Horne (30) - Adv Horne (but Pyrgos will control a game better)
1. Pierre Schoeman (9) vs 1. Oli Kebble (21) - Evens
2. Stuart McInally (129) vs 2. Grant Stewart (12) - Adv McInally by a country mile
3. WP Nel (124) vs 3. Siua Halanukonuka (20) - Adv nel by a country mile
4. Ben Toolis (99) vs 4. Rob Harley (196) - Adv Toolis
5. Grant Gilchrist (129) vs 5. Jonny Gray (95) - Adv Gray
6. Luke Hamilton (12) vs 6. Adam Ashe (62) - Evens
7. Hamish Watson (90) vs 7. Callum Gibbins (C) (27) - Adv Watson
8. Bill Mata (47) vs 8. Matt Fagerson (36) - Adv Mata by a country mile

As they say, forwards decide who wins, the backs by how much.

Edinburgh to win - the logic is sound
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 21 Dec 2018, 2:08 pm

I knew that Luvvietoon had a sizeable drug problem but fecc me I never knew it was that bad. picard

1. Pierre Schoeman (9) vs 1. Oli Kebble (21) - Evens Heroin?

4. Ben Toolis (99) vs 4. Rob Harley (196) - Adv Toolis ketamine??

6. Luke Hamilton (12) vs 6. Adam Ashe (62) - Evens Buckie on the cornflakes, washed down with a meths and milk smoothie.

8. Bill Mata (47) vs 8. Matt Fagerson (36) - Adv Mata by a country mile!!! 1970's weapons grade hallucinogens, as used by the CIA.

No-one in this world is a country mile better than Young Fagerson. I would wager young Bru's remaining stone on that.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 21 Dec 2018, 2:11 pm

Looking at the teams its clear this should be a pretty comfortable win for Glasgow. Better to a man in every position. Glasgow by 20.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 21 Dec 2018, 2:12 pm

tigertattie wrote:13. James Johnstone (30) vs 13. Nick Grigg (51) - Adv Grigg (but not by much)

Where's that GIF of Mike Tyson laughing his arse off when you need it?

I'm enjoying the 'but not by much', like you know the Glasgow pair are both internationalists, in red-hot form, and linking well with those around them, and playing so well they're keeping more-renowned colleagues out of the shirt, but … you can't quite bring yourself to say what we all know.

That's all before we get to the Edinburgh pair, who are only being given any notice at all because they scored tries last week. I'll help you out though:

13. James Johnstone (30) vs 13. Tin of baked beans (8) - Evens, although the tin's stamina should give him the advantage in the final quarter
12. Chris Dean (76) vs 12. The remains of General Pierre-Gustave Toutant Beauregard (149) - Adv: the General, for his dynamism in attack (see: Battle of Manassas)
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 21 Dec 2018, 2:44 pm

Jimbo showing his delusions by thinking young Fagerson is better than Big Bad Bill.

Sure Fagerson has a future, but better than Bill!!! Yer having a girraffe as they say in your neck of the West.

Even the great Demi god of Glasgow, Lord Gregor of Townsend, knows that Toolis is better than Harley, who, a solid soldier he be, isnt good enough to keep Toolis out the scotland camp!

Clearly they've been putting chemicals in the water through West!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Fri 21 Dec 2018, 3:07 pm

In that case I’ve changed my mind. Glasgow by 40.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 21 Dec 2018, 6:30 pm

IanBru wrote:
tigertattie wrote:13. James Johnstone (30) vs 13. Nick Grigg (51) - Adv Grigg (but not by much)
I'm enjoying the 'but not by much', like you know the Glasgow pair are both internationalists, in red-hot form, and linking well with those around them, and playing so well they're keeping more-renowned colleagues out of the shirt, but … you can't quite bring yourself to say what we all know.

It very much depends on which Peter Horne turns up though doesn't it. Will Glasgow be treated to P Horne the talented rugby player, or his alter ego who is utter mince and can't kick a ball into touch from next to the touchline?

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 21 Dec 2018, 7:43 pm

Good to see ol Dave Rennie trotting out the wins again thumbsup

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 22 Dec 2018, 10:18 am

Ahhhh game day.

Part of me feels sorry for all the Glasgow fans who travel to HQ expecting a warriors win.

I’ve consulted the tea leaves and Edinburgh are going to win with Grant Glichrist scoring the winning try to cap a motm performance
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 22 Dec 2018, 10:50 am

Morning tattie thumbsup

You'll have had your tea then?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 22 Dec 2018, 5:15 pm

Well good luck everyone (apart from all Glasgow players, coaches and fans...)

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 22 Dec 2018, 5:19 pm

Sit down Grigg!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next