The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS ESSEX SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+5
James100
guildfordbat
Afro
Good Golly I'm Olly
jimbobgooner
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SURREY VS ESSEX SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty SURREY VS ESSEX SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 03 Sep 2018, 2:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Surrey have named a 16-man squad  Erm  for this week’s Specsavers County Championship match with Essex, starting at Chelmsford on Tuesday.
Ollie Pope returns to the squad while Young wicket keeper/batsman Jamie Smith is also part of the travelling party.
Jason Roy and Jade Dernbach still remain on the treatment table  Sad
Baby face is still away saving England Wink
FULL SQUAD:
Rory Burns (captain)
Gareth Batty
Rikki Clarke
Tom Curran
Dean Elgar
Ben Foakes
Arun Harinath
Will Jacks
Conor McKerr
Stuart Meaker
Morne Morkel
Ryan Patel
Ollie Pope
Jamie Smith
Mark Stoneman
Amar Virdi
No need for a 16 man squad unless the food really is that good at Chelmsford.
Pope in for jacks obviously but will Jacks get in instead of Patel?
The rest of the team picks itself
Over to you chaps  thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS ESSEX SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS ESSEX SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:12 am

Tom Curran traps Chopra LBW. 16 - 1. clap clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS ESSEX SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS ESSEX SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:32 am

35 - 3. Westley and Lawrence back in the hutch. clap clap Two wickets for Tom Curran and one for Rikki Clarke.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurreyfan Thu 06 Sep 2018, 3:32 pm

Will Surrey have to bat again....3  runs needed to make them do so with 1 wicket standing...

chichestersurreyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 06 Sep 2018, 3:53 pm

Surrey set 2 to win.

Somerset would be nervous about getting that
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 06 Sep 2018, 3:55 pm

Tea interval. Essex all out, leaving Surrey with task of 2 runs for victory - or one for the tie! Pity we couldn't get the innings victory, but it was a spirited rearguard action by the last couple of Essex wickets.

Right - strictly no drinks to be dispensed until Surrey have banked the points, but I'm taking orders now! guinness guinness guinness guinness Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale cider cider cider cider RedWine RedWine RedWine

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 06 Sep 2018, 3:55 pm

Afro wrote:Surrey set 2 to win.

clap clap Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 06 Sep 2018, 4:11 pm

corporal Ale guinness cider RedWine Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurreyfan Thu 06 Sep 2018, 4:14 pm

Afro wrote:Surrey set 2 to win.

Yahoo Yahoo great post Afro! Your boys have had a good season...and in other circumstances could easily have won the championship..you clearly have some very talented players....Corporal, make mine a double!! Sounds like another great performance from the lads..pitch was clearly getting easier to play on as the match progressed....Worcester up next : Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

chichestersurreyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 06 Sep 2018, 4:18 pm

43 points clear looks very nice Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 06 Sep 2018, 6:01 pm

If my maths is correct, we need 30 points from the final three games to secure the title (and that is presuming Somerset take maximum points from their remaining games)

The old lady is warming up her voice...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 06 Sep 2018, 6:15 pm

Olly - another very strong performance. You're right about the 30 points. Realistically it needn't be as many as that as Somerset are very unlikely to get a maximum of 24 points from each of their last three games.

Looking back on this game, the first day score was so good and important as you suggested.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 06 Sep 2018, 6:51 pm

Realistically, one win for Surrey should be enough, as bonus points picked up or dropped along the way by the two teams across the total of six matches should see Surrey through. By the same token, failure by Somerset to win all three of their matches would also be likely to be decisive.

So many highlights this season. The performance in beating Yorks away at Scarborough despite having by far the worst of the playing conditions has got to be up there....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 06 Sep 2018, 7:47 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Olly - another very strong performance. You're right about the 30 points. Realistically it needn't be as many as that as Somerset are very unlikely to get a maximum of 24 points from each of their last three games.

Looking back on this game, the first day score was so good and important as you suggested.

Cheers Guildford - always thought I was a half decent judge Wink

But seriously as both Burns and Ten Doeschate have pointed out, it was won and lost on that first day. Surrey rose their luck (drops and plays and misses) but batted brilliantly to setup another dominant win
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2