The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid.

+6
Galted
Beer
Dolphin Ziggler
1GrumpyGolfer
Hero
Pal Joey
10 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid. - Page 18 Empty It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid.

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Loaded Dog wrote:Fooled Again! Don't Do Me Like That.

Thread split! I feel a whole lot better!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid. - Page 18 Empty Re: It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid.

Post by Pal Joey Fri 08 Dec 2017, 10:23 am

Lights are on here and I'm at home but I will soon be switching them off. A bit knackered too.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid. - Page 18 Empty Re: It's not 'Send', it's the 'Culture Cup', stupid.

Post by superflyweight Fri 08 Dec 2017, 1:31 pm

I think the thread split before Christmas is in danger of becoming a pipe dream unless things pick up.

I feel bad for Julius as this must surely be his last Christmas [insert Wham joke here].

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 08 Dec 2017, 1:42 pm

Last Christmas I gave you my heart but the very next day you gave it away (as your immune system rejected it as foreign)

Last edited by ShahenshahG on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 08 Dec 2017, 1:44 pm

Next year to save me from tears I'll give it to someone who's not a racist to the core

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 08 Dec 2017, 1:52 pm

Last Christmas I gave you my arse, but the very next day you michaelsed the thread.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 08 Dec 2017, 2:47 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Last Christmas I gave you my heart but the very next day you gave it away (as your immune system rejected it as foreign)

Lol out loud. Totally topical.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 08 Dec 2017, 3:34 pm

superflyweight wrote:I think the thread split before Christmas is in danger of becoming a pipe dream unless things pick up.  

I feel bad for Julius as this must surely be his last Christmas [insert Wham joke here].  

We've still brought the daily average down from above 14 at the first check, to 13.5 as it stands. Up from the lowest level of under 12.5 though.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 08 Dec 2017, 4:27 pm

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true oh
All I want for Christmas is (being able to) poo

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 08 Dec 2017, 6:36 pm

Bit risky messing around with religion, especially mocking Jesus's special season - if He finds out He'll have your balls with a potato peeler.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 08 Dec 2017, 6:37 pm

Galted wrote:Bit risky messing around with religion, especially mocking Jesus's special season - if He finds out He'll have your balls with a potato peeler.

Well that'll be my cross to bear

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 08 Dec 2017, 6:52 pm

lol out loud in a non-blasphemous way

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 08 Dec 2017, 7:39 pm

I'd force him to eat a pallet of my neighbour's white christmas slice in the town square.
All the diet coke he needs to wash it down on the side... with Perry Como crooning out Christmas carols continuously on the town loudspeakers.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 08 Dec 2017, 7:53 pm

I'm fairly sure that would turn him into an atheist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 08 Dec 2017, 8:45 pm

Which is what we don't want, you mean?
Oh yeah. I see your point.

Have these Vietnamese guests (good English.. play a lot of golf) staying here until Sunday.
They had a rowdy 'dinner party' on Thursday night all talking on top of each other.
It was like male cat, female cat arguing followed by fits of raucous laughter. This went on for about 3 hours.

I had to retire upstairs to get some peace but it was like having a busy restaurant in full swing downstairs. Luckily they stopped at around 9:30. It was almost unbearable. I said nothing (you can't really) since they were obviously enjoying themselves. They have been really quiet since then; sleeping in after late nights out.

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 08 Dec 2017, 8:49 pm

When you see them tomorrow morning, sniff the air and announce "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 08 Dec 2017, 8:51 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:When you see them tomorrow morning, sniff the air and announce "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

ha ha yeah.
I was flicking through the channels as they all walked in last night and guess what was on? Platoon.
Lots of Vietnam war documentaries on the history channel too.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 08 Dec 2017, 8:57 pm

Have you had any snow yet Jules? It must be pretty cold, yes?

Mild here this morning. Quite nice. The cool before the big heatwave next week apparently. The pool is a godsend right now.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 08 Dec 2017, 9:38 pm

A couple of short but heavy flurries - expecting more significant snowfall overnight Saturday/Sunday. I may have to stay indoors. Can't afford to slip and break a hip at my age - it might be the end of me.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 08 Dec 2017, 10:08 pm

Yes, don't do anything you don't need to do and stay near handrails and door handles if possible.

If have a similar situation with pool water splashed around... it can feel slippery under foot although the stone I selected is non-slip.
It's more little droplets of pool water brought inside on the polished concrete floor when I turn quickly from the refrigerator.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:40 pm

The CC is not Max Clifford.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 11 Dec 2017, 7:41 am

Morning, gents, back in Blighty now, what have I missed?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 11 Dec 2017, 8:04 am

rick_dagless wrote:Morning, gents, back in Blighty now, what have I missed?

Snow, and lots of it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 11 Dec 2017, 8:08 am

Briefly ventured outside my flat yesterday and decided that 'slush' and 'slosh' are very good words.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 11 Dec 2017, 8:19 am

No snow here, just frost and cold.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 11 Dec 2017, 9:13 am

We basically had 24 hours non-stop snow.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 11 Dec 2017, 9:35 am

Gutentag notcherinos

All good the hoods?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 11 Dec 2017, 10:48 am

Morning all. Almost too cold to type this morning.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 11 Dec 2017, 11:38 am

It's no place for the old.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 11 Dec 2017, 12:36 pm

Was causing me much anger trying to place that line but I did and am now at peace with myself.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 11 Dec 2017, 1:23 pm

The old songs are the best.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:59 pm

Cheggars goes Pop.

I am not Keith Chegwin.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 11 Dec 2017, 4:19 pm

Well it was bound to happen, cheggars can't be boozers, not if they want to live for long

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 11 Dec 2017, 4:44 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Well it was bound to happen,  cheggars can't be boozers, not if they want to live for long

I suspect that must be an old joke, but it still made me lol out loud.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 11 Dec 2017, 4:58 pm

I've never heard it before so maybe I invented. Doubt it though

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 11 Dec 2017, 5:03 pm

No. It was a headline on a paper. Damn

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 12 Dec 2017, 7:24 am

Made me LOL out loud also mate, I will credit you with it when I tell it elsewhere...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 12 Dec 2017, 7:58 am

I'm going to think up puns relating to Will Ferrell and Jack Whitehall for when the time comes.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:17 am

Buenos dias notches

All good in the hood?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:24 am

Hola amigo, it's all good here.

Opposite weather to you guys... searing heat building up relentlessly... reaching a crescendo on Thursday they say. Best to just stay indoors and make short sorties to the pool in between overs during the cricket. When it starts.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 12 Dec 2017, 9:03 pm

Il fait encore froit?

Frozen digits I presume.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 13 Dec 2017, 7:12 am

Morning all, more rain than snow today...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 13 Dec 2017, 7:25 am

morning rick. too hot to use upper case here.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 13 Dec 2017, 7:28 am

Fair enough, how is life treating you, barring the blistering heat?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 13 Dec 2017, 7:35 am

Life is pretty good thanks rick. How about you?

My above post is actually not factually true. I'm indoors... cool air tickling the toes.
But it was quite warm outside a few hours ago. Tomorrow will be the first peak of the heatwave.

I was simply perpetuating the stereotypical picture one might have of the Antipodean summer from a far away perspective.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 13 Dec 2017, 7:57 am

Busy as a bee here at the moment, end of year contracts all flooding in along with the usual review b0ll0cks, and trying to cram in Christmas prep as I have both mine, and the missus's parents over for Christmas dinner...

But feeling festive and in good form, and works do tomorrow, so time to work out who is going to be the one to provide the shenanigans.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 13 Dec 2017, 2:19 pm

Sh1t on here today!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 13 Dec 2017, 4:08 pm

superflyweight wrote:Sh1t on here today!

We've had worse and survived.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 14 Dec 2017, 7:19 am

how we doing for the Christmas split?

Morning.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 14 Dec 2017, 7:53 am

Morning ricko.
Back from a couple of days off work - had to use up my holiday.
We're up to a requirement 15 posts per working day.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:03 am

I am in a similar position for holidays, half day today, and need a couple more off, but I tend to let those with kids have Christmas off, and I don't mind working over it.

Need a quiz or something to crack on with...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next