The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ward vs Kovalev - Who've you got?

+27
Happytravelling
Rodney
88Chris05
The Beast
compelling and rich
Nathaniel Jacobs
ONETWOFOREVER
hogey
owen10ozzy
alanqlm
TheSquaredCircle
melv500
Valero's Conscience
BoxingFan88
Herman Jaeger
Mr Bounce
catchweight
Muscular-mouse
Atila
Derbymanc
Dylan1979
milkyboy
TRUSSMAN66
mobilemaster8
Hammersmith harrier
AdamT
hazharrison
31 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Ward vs Kovalev - Who've you got? - Page 3 Empty Ward vs Kovalev - Who've you got?

Post by hazharrison Fri 14 Apr 2017, 9:22 am

First topic message reminder :

AdamT wrote:I don't care about him calling out Floyd lol. He can't move up a division, but will move down to fight a smaller man.

You all cream yourselves over him, so yes that suggests you think he is great.

Who "creams themselves" over him? Do you have any examples of this gushing praise? Any articles claiming he's "top ten definitely" etc.?

Ward and Hopkins both called Floyd out, too. It's because they'd make a fortune to fight a guy who couldn't pop a balloon.

Last edited by hazharrison on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Ward vs Kovalev - Who've you got? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ward vs Kovalev - Who've you got?

Post by milkyboy Thu 20 Apr 2017, 4:10 pm

We keep saying that about degale in fights... he just needs to try a bit harder in the middle rounds!

I think Kov has looked a bit suspect from a stamina perspective in a few fights, some fighters seem to fade in fights and get a second wind for the championship rounds (or conserve their energy in the middle rounds) degale being an obvious one. Maybe sometimes the opponent is just gassing more making it look like they're coming on strong. It's hard to say.

Given the cat and mouse style of ward it's fair to say you wouldn't expect kov to gas particularly unless he finds chasing someone more tiring than hitting them!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Ward vs Kovalev - Who've you got? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ward vs Kovalev - Who've you got?

Post by hazharrison Thu 20 Apr 2017, 4:48 pm

milkyboy wrote:We keep saying that about degale in fights... he just needs to try a bit harder in the middle rounds!

I think Kov has looked a bit suspect from a stamina perspective in a few fights, some fighters seem to fade in fights and get a second wind for the championship rounds (or conserve their energy in the middle rounds) degale being an obvious one. Maybe sometimes the opponent is just gassing more making it look like they're coming on strong. It's hard to say.

Given the cat and mouse style of ward it's fair to say you wouldn't expect kov to gas particularly unless he finds chasing someone more tiring than hitting them!

That's another good point: he needs to cut the ring off rather than chase Ward around. That always baffles me when I see elite fighters do that - it's one of the first things they teach you when chasing someone!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 13 May 2017, 1:24 pm

There he goes again Stevenson using Kovalev's name to promote his next fight just as we said he doesn't give up does he watch him go quiet if Kovalev wins. I do not have any power in the discussions haha:

http://www.boxingscene.com/adonis-stevenson-vows-drill-fonfara-wants-ward-kovalev--116526

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 30 May 2017, 3:53 am

Nelson u-turn called it a draw at the end of the fight in the sky studio:

https://youtu.be/m199OJLMmPg

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 30 May 2017, 5:02 am

What to make of all this?:

http://www.boxingscene.com/kovalev-trainer-jackson-tried-jump-ship-andre-ward-team--117068

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 30 May 2017, 8:28 am

Ward's team is constantly playing the mind games

I wouldn't read too much into it

There are also a whole host of scumbags on that form, man some of those dudes are absolute clowns

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 31 May 2017, 9:32 am

Wards team just having a bit of fun I guess. Only a little over two weeks to go now June 17, Vegas

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 31 May 2017, 12:45 pm

The fight doesn't seem to be getting any push by the promoters/TV network?

Two P4P fighters in a rematch of a hotly disputed first fight and like tumble weed on social media.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 31 May 2017, 9:33 pm

I'm leaning to Krusher. Watching a lot of his training and interviews.

He really means business. As long as he doesn't fight angry and paces himself? I think he stands great chance. Looking forward to it.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 01 Jun 2017, 4:33 am

This is why it's so important Kovalev wins:

http://www.boxingscene.com/adonis-stevenson-i-want-winner-ward-kovalev-rematch--117113

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 01 Jun 2017, 8:29 am

As much as I thought Kovalev won the first fight clearly

Some of the stuff he is saying is making me start to doubt it

"I gassed after 5 rounds I had no energy"

"I over trained"

These are things that are known as excuses

Guess we will find out on June 17th

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 01 Jun 2017, 9:10 am

Is that not his way of saying, I won but I'd have knocked him out if I'd  been better prepared... this time I will be so he's in trouble yada yada

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 01 Jun 2017, 9:28 am

That's a good point you make BoxingFan but not necessarily admitting Ward won

You could also maybe interpret it as his acceptance that Ward won the second half of the fight 4-2,  his acceptance that he let Ward back in the fight after building such a clear lead, his acceptance that he failed to put Ward down again and keep him there because he got tired due to bad(over) conditioning

Just saying

Very much the same as the first fight Ward can win on points, Kovalev can win by stoppage or points. I think it's going to be brutal and I wouldn't much like to be in Ward's shoes. That's not to say he can't do it

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 01 Jun 2017, 9:48 am

http://www.boxingscene.com/light-heavyweight-heats-up-time-summer--117130

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 01 Jun 2017, 10:04 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:That's a good point you make BoxingFan but not necessarily admitting Ward won

You could also maybe interpret it as his acceptance that Ward won the second half of the fight 4-2,  his acceptance that he let Ward back in the fight after building such a clear lead, his acceptance that he failed to put Ward down again and keep him there because he got tired due to bad(over) conditioning

Just saying

Very much the same as the first fight Ward can win on points, Kovalev can win by stoppage or points. I think it's going to be brutal and I wouldn't much like to be in Ward's shoes. That's not to say he can't do it

Yeah definitely

I just don't think the guy who won should be making excuses, sounds off to me

Two ways this could go:

1. Kovalev continues the pattern of 1-5 for the full 12
2. Ward comes up with a strategy and wins more of the early rounds

I have a sneaking suspicion that Kovalev is going for the knockout, I heard that he didn't even spar more than 8 rounds and was running more than fighting, I don't buy it, but that's the story. Again this sounds like excuses

If Ward gets the decision this time, I hope I can find some way of justifying it without trying to gift it to him

I don't care who wins, I just want the winner to be the guy who deserves it

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 01 Jun 2017, 10:39 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:
Herman Jaeger wrote:That's a good point you make BoxingFan but not necessarily admitting Ward won

Just saying

Yeah definitely

Two ways this could go:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Kovalev is going for the knockout, I heard that he didn't even spar more than 8 rounds and was running more than fighting, I don't buy it, but that's the story. Again this sounds like excuses

If Ward gets the decision this time, I hope I can find some way of justifying it without trying to gift it to him

He didn't win though? Maybe more people thought he won, but he didn't. I and many,think Marquez beat Manny at least 3, if not 4 times, but I don't beat that drum. It is, what it is. The loser made excuses, not the winner.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 01 Jun 2017, 11:03 am

Ward's been a very sore winner though too mind

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 01 Jun 2017, 11:05 am

close fight. Lot of bad blood.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 01 Jun 2017, 12:38 pm

AdamT wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:

Just saying

Yeah definitely

Two ways this could go:

He didn't win though? Maybe more people thought he won, but he didn't. I and many,think Marquez beat Manny at least 3, if not 4 times, but I don't beat that drum. It is, what it is. The loser made excuses, not the winner.

*Thinks he won

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 01 Jun 2017, 9:20 pm

Kovalev has been bragging about how Ward slaps, has no power. In that case, he needs to get stuck in a bit more - it wasn't as though Ward was particularly elusive.

Kovalev just needs to be fitter, however, there are all sorts of noises coming out of his camp that he's dialled back the number of sessions he did for the first fight. Also, JDJ appears to have been marginalised. Very odd.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 03 Jun 2017, 7:02 am

Who are we to believe?

http://www.boxingscene.com/video-andre-ward-gives-his-take-details-on-john-david-jackson--117187

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 03 Jun 2017, 9:47 am

Sadly, if Kovalev wins and Stevenson wins..

Sam Watson is going to continue to protect Stevenson he won't let the fight happen he knows Stevenson doesn't want it he doesn't want it himself:

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-stevenson-vs-fonfara-alvarez-vs-pascal-official-weights--117181

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 05 Jun 2017, 11:49 am

I wonder if Stevenson will start talking about Kovalev in the media now to drum up interest in a future fight or if it will become something a neurosis and he literally will find himself unable to mention Kovalev's name in public until he(Stevenson) has signed to fight another opponent at which point he'll start saying he wants to fight Kovalev

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 05 Jun 2017, 12:05 pm

Stevenson wasn't the one who racially attacked Kovalev so who cares if he ducks him.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 05 Jun 2017, 12:11 pm

I'd swear Sam Watson is one of those petty-minded individuals who doesn't want to see any of his fighters lose to a white man particularly one of his more prominent fighters. It's only boxing ffs pathetic

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 05 Jun 2017, 12:17 pm

It is only boxing yet you accuse everyone left, right and centre of ducking; Stevenson is under no obligation to give Kovalev a pay day.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 05 Jun 2017, 12:23 pm

The only man in Britain who believes Kovalev is ducking Stevenson hammersmith harrier

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 05 Jun 2017, 12:29 pm

Where did I say that Kovalev was ducking him?

I fully condone Stevenson not giving him a pay day there's a big difference.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 05 Jun 2017, 12:34 pm

Codoning a pimp yeah I guess that figures

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 05 Jun 2017, 12:46 pm

That argument never makes any sense when it's not relevant to Kovalev.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 05 Jun 2017, 12:52 pm

Just get off your high horses that's all

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 05 Jun 2017, 12:53 pm

I'm ok up here thank you, it's only boxing after all so why do you care.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 05 Jun 2017, 1:01 pm

Just want to see good fights and see who's the best. Ain't that important to all fans?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Mon 05 Jun 2017, 11:22 pm

Chickenson ain't getting in the ring with kovalev anytime soon that's for sure. He's more interested in kidnapping little girls and having his way with em. Don't take my word for it, do ya'll research and you'll see for yourself.

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Mon 05 Jun 2017, 11:23 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Just want to see good fights and see who's the best. Ain't that important to all fans?

It is very important, but some don't like seeing one of their own take a beating from the type they dislike.

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Mon 05 Jun 2017, 11:27 pm

What's up with all the acne on the back of Ward? Surely I'm not the only one whose seen the pics of his new physique. You can play dot to dot on that back!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9DWp0tgZQ4

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 06 Jun 2017, 8:04 am

Dylan1979 wrote:
Herman Jaeger wrote:Just want to see good fights and see who's the best. Ain't that important to all fans?

It is very important, but some don't like seeing one of their own take a beating from the type they dislike.

That type being racist scumbags.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 06 Jun 2017, 8:26 am

Pimps, racist scumbags, hypocritical god squad/alleged drugs cheats. On a personal level, there's not a lot to like in the cream of the 175 division.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 06 Jun 2017, 8:43 am

Dylan1979 wrote:What's up with all the acne on the back of Ward? Surely I'm not the only one whose seen the pics of his new physique. You can play dot to dot on that back!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9DWp0tgZQ4

Reminds me of Manny Pacquaio's back!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 06 Jun 2017, 9:11 am

You guys are so suspicious... Ward and manny both had terrible chicken pox in their youth.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 16 Jun 2017, 1:02 pm

I might have a couple of quid on Ward Tony Weeks reffing

Big mistake on Duva's part allowing Weeks Team Ward pulling out all the stops I'm worried now since hearing this he could seriously ruin this fight Weeks

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Fri 16 Jun 2017, 2:31 pm

I really hope Ward isn't on PEDs as Froch will claim to be unbeaten.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 16 Jun 2017, 2:37 pm

Very anxious about Weeks doing this

When he's on side he won't let the opposing fighter do anything he knows how to interrupt the flow of a fighter and mess them in the head see Matthysse/Garcia, Crawford/Postol

Just want to see a fair fight I think all eyes should be on Weeks

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 16 Jun 2017, 7:43 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Very anxious about Weeks doing this

When he's on side he won't let the opposing fighter do anything he knows how to interrupt the flow of a fighter and mess them in the head see Matthysse/Garcia, Crawford/Postol

Just want to see a fair fight I think all eyes should be on Weeks

This is nothing new mate, can't be worse than Byrd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah1bKn06iSM&t=0s

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:54 am

Can't stand Weeks prancing around like it's all about him very much like Joe Cortez in that respect referee does the best job when he's hardly noticed in a fight

You do realise Weeks could have been spending the last few weeks studying videos of Kovalev working out how he's going to do this but in a subtle manner, I'm very worried by this

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 17 Jun 2017, 11:06 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:Can't stand Weeks prancing around like it's all about him very much like Joe Cortez in that respect referee does the best job when he's hardly noticed in a fight

You do realise Weeks could have been spending the last few weeks studying videos of Kovalev working out how he's going to do this but in a subtle manner, I'm very worried by this

Hermy, there must be bills to pay or something a little more meaningful for you to get very worried by fella

Stop looking for excuses for your boy before the fight... at least wait until afterwards!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 17 Jun 2017, 11:11 am

melv500 wrote:I really hope Ward isn't on PEDs as Froch will claim to be unbeaten.

You're clearly not a student of Froch Melv. He's unbeaten against Kessler because he won the return, and the Ward loss doesn't count because Ward ran away.

The warrior IS unbeaten

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 17 Jun 2017, 12:10 pm

milkyboy wrote:
Herman Jaeger wrote:Can't stand Weeks prancing around like it's all about him very much like Joe Cortez in that respect referee does the best job when he's hardly noticed in a fight

Hermy, there must be bills to pay or something a little more meaningful for you to get very worried by fella

Stop looking for excuses for your boy before the fight... at least wait until afterwards!

Weeks is a sh1t and should be called out for it that's all milky look at Crawford/Postol one of the early rounds soon as they get in a clinch look at the way Crawford immediately looks to Weeks notice the intensity they'd figured out a plan together

I'm hoping Kovalev unleashes hell tonight haven't enjoyed Ward's demeanour and games one bit plus Ward will probably want three tune ups before fighting Stevenson Kovalev never wants to fight anything but the best better for the impartial fan a Kovalev win

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 17 Jun 2017, 12:28 pm

Nothing but the best hence rematching Pascal, Chilemba and a host of other fringe level guys, he's not fought a single puncher.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 17 Jun 2017, 12:55 pm

Poxy little comeback hammer you can do better than that like it's his fault the Stevenson fight didn't happen

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next