The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You

+35
IanBru
MacKnocked-on
George Carlin
nickj
EST
RuggerRadge2611
funnyExiledScot
Anglobraveheart
BigGee
bsando
formerly known as Sam
Manky-Flanker
Majestic83
Welly
Cardiff Dave
RiscaGame
Scottrf
Chainsaw Laney
furra_linee
Hazel Sapling
Eejit
R!skysports
CraigS1874
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Nematode
SirBurger
Geen sport voor watjes
highland_scot
SecretFly
A Simply Mesmeric Try
whocares
cakeordeath
TJ
39 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You

Post by IanBru Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 Jessie10          Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 Glasgo10
Edinburgh & Glasgow Warriors

A Not So Brief History of Time-Wasting:

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 Giphy

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 110

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 210

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 311

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 410

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 510

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 610

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 710

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 810

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 910

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 1010

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 1110

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 1210

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 1310

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 1410

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 1510

Guinness Pro12

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 Giphy

Guinness Pro12 Website
Edinburgh Rugby (Pro12 Website)
Glasgow Warriors (Pro12 Website)
Guinness Pro12 2016/17 Overview (Ultimate Rugby)

Playlist of all of Edinburgh's Pro12 highlights here.
Playlist of all of Glasgow's Pro12 highlights here.

Europe

European Rugby Website

CHAMPIONS CUP
QUARTER FINAL
SARACENS v GLASGOW WARRIORS
Sun, Apr 2, 13:00, Allianz Park

CHALLENGE CUP
QUARTER FINAL
EDINBURGH v LA ROCHELLE
Fri, March 31, 19:00, Murrayfield Stadium

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 Airplane-we-re-counting_o_GIFSoupcom
"I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you."
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You

Post by EWT Spoons Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:43 am

EST wrote:[Fruean was supposed to be the next great AB when he burst on the scene, he is an intimidating physical presence, but has had quite a lot of time out of the game.

I believe a fair bit of this applies to Ben Atiga as well, and look how well that panned out.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You - Page 12 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 16 - Good Luck, We're All Counting On You

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:49 am

EWT Spoons wrote:
EST wrote:[Fruean was supposed to be the next great AB when he burst on the scene, he is an intimidating physical presence, but has had quite a lot of time out of the game.

I believe a fair bit of this applies to Ben Atiga as well, and look how well that panned out.

Fruean never made the ABs due to his heart condition - he can't perform at international tempo for more than 50 minutes. Decidedly useful at club level when fit though.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am

EWT Spoons wrote:

I see what you are saying, but I think Fruean is a different proposition to Atiga. He is playing at a high level now, and is still only 28.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:10 am

He scored a try against Stade Francais at the weekend if anyone can find highlights

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by highland_scot Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:23 am

An ex-Edinburgh legend and a (possible) future one...

highland_scot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:29 am

That video makes me very happy.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:39 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:That video makes me very happy.

Isn't it time you let it go?

Almost as much as Alive555's disgust at the Lions selection!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:23 pm

That was a beauty of a hit.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:25 pm

tigertattie wrote:

I'll let it go when people stop trying to claim he was a credible professional rugby player.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:32 pm

So, Fruean is next on the Edinburgh Effect conveyor belt. Let's hope he's the exception!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:01 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
tigertattie wrote:

I'll let it go when people stop trying to claim he was a credible professional rugby player.

People? What people? Everyone has said he was pish!

Though if he was Welsh he'd be on the Lions tour!...................................
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:36 pm

There were definitely a few on here that thought he was worth persevering wth

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:02 pm

Speaking of ex-Edinburgh 10's, anyone know what happened to Harry Leonard? When he moved to Yorkshire some on here felt he could yet develop into a decent player with more gametime, but he's dropped down to the league below the championship now. Was he not good enough to cut it at championship level?

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:14 pm

I bumped into him at Twickers for the Scotland game. Has absolutely no bearing on the question but thought I'd mention it!

He had a reasonable basic skillset but didn't really stand out - it may just be that he's just not got it for the top level. He'll be 25 soon according to Wikipedia so not exactly a young pup who may still develop.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:25 pm

I agree, I was always a bit surprised that some people thought we might see him back at Pro 12 level when he left Edinburgh, as to me he'd had plenty of opportunities but had never shown enough to justify his place at that level (striking similarity to a certain Mr D Weir)!

Anyway I'm sure he appreciated the 3 or 4 free beers you no doubt bought him as a courtesy to an ex-Edinburgh man.....

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:39 pm

By 'bumped into' I mean literally - on the concourse outside while I was on my way to my seat.

Needless to say people weren't exaclty crowding round him for autographs!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:18 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:There were definitely a few on here that thought he was worth persevering wth
I'll admit I was one of them for about two weeks. I think Te Rure had what I sometimes call 'Lesley Vainikolo Syndrome', where someone with an interesting-sounding name is automatically assumed to be different or better than the existing options. Of course, reality usually falls well short!
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:22 am

IanBru wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:There were definitely a few on here that thought he was worth persevering wth
I'll admit I was one of them for about two weeks. I think Te Rure had what I sometimes call 'Lesley Vainikolo Syndrome', where someone with an interesting-sounding name is automatically assumed to be different or better than the existing options. Of course, reality usually falls well short!

Ahhhh, so that's why no one rated Bruce Douglas!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:42 am

Thanks for the good wishes for Hagia Sophia, as well guys. She's doing fine, though obviously a bit sore! I'm running the Great North Run again this year, and I know how I feel at the end of that - desperately in need of a pint and a p*** - the very idea of doing another half-marathon straight away seems like sheer insanity! So yeah, she's quite a girl! If anyone would like to donate to Sophia's Tyneside Mind appeal, her page is here.

I was struck on the day by just how many people, of all ages and abilities manage to take part. It sound rather obvious, but each of them has a story, some motivation for doing it, and each has spent the winter months running in the dark, wet and cold, often after work. I'll admit I got pretty emotional just standing there watching everyone run past.

Incidentally, as I lived down south for quite a long time, I never really 'did London' as a tourist. So at one point on Sunday I took the tube out to the Science Museum and then walked back to the finish line. After passing Harrods (seriously? people go in there?) I found myself at Hyde Park Corner (according to one man there, I am a product of white male privilege, but frankly so was he) and then I saw a load of people running. Realising that that was the final corner, I got a place by the barriers before innocently turning around and noticing that the big building behind me looked familiar. It was Buckingham Palace. My reaction was, in fact, exactly the same as when I notice Big Brian standing behind me at Murrayfield in March: "Crikey, where'd the sun go?"
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:07 am

Naturally everyone clicks on the link to see what the much discussed (mainly be Jimbo) Hagia Sophia looks like - make sure you don't mess that one up Bru! Hug

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:52 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Naturally everyone clicks on the link to see what the much discussed (mainly be Jimbo) Hagia Sophia looks like - make sure you don't mess that one up Bru! Hug

Or jimbo will be first in the queue
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:01 pm

Very Happy Cheers guys.

I do vaguely remember, through the drunken haze in the fan zone at St James’ Park during the RWC, Jim quietly taking me aside and saying “Now Ian, it might have escaped your notice [it usually does], but Sophia seems very fond of you, and if you mess her around I’ll be very disappointed in you.” followed by Jim’s giant South African mate Caz booming out (such that the pint glasses on the table rippled) “OOOOH JAAA! She reeeeeally likes youuuuuu!! HEEE HEE HEEEEEE!!!”
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:22 pm

All this despite losing his stones eh!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:34 pm

Damn you, Bru. You and your photogenic girlfriend. Now all the sad sacks on here will be wanting to attend a match with me in the hope that my matchmaking magic works for them.

I did notice that the Hagia Sophia posted on Facebook that when she felt she could run no more(8, 15, 19, 23 mile markers) she looked at the crowd and saw Bru starting at her and found the energy for another sprint.

So... Yet another woman looks at Ian and runs a mile. drumroll

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:08 pm

I have massive respect for people who do these runs. It's the training in the dark through the winter that crosses a line for me, I'm far too lazy!

As for Harry Leonard, I would rate him above Weir. Lower unforced error count.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:10 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:I have massive respect for people who do these runs. It's the training in the dark through the winter that crosses a line for me, I'm far too lazy!

Out of interest is there anyone that you'd rate as lower than Weir?

Weir > Te Rure?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:31 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:I have massive respect for people who do these runs. It's the training in the dark through the winter that crosses a line for me, I'm far too lazy!

Weir > Te Rure?

Yes, I think Jade loses that particular headless chicken contest.

Edinburgh fly half pecking order (I'm not counting the missed opportunity that was Chris Paterson):

5.Godman
6.Hodge
7.Tovey
8.Francis
9.Bezzy
10.Leonard
11.Tonks
12.Hunter
13.Laidlaw (at 10)
14.Weir
15.Te Rure

Who have I missed? I'm leaving spaces 1-4 empty for decent international qualify fly halves.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:32 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:

Dan Carter > Jonny Wilkinson > .................... any 10 form Ayr > Finn Russell > Dan Biggar......................... Leonard > The boy that plays for my local 1st XV > The girl who once tried playing rugby for Peniculk > Weir > Te Rure?

Fixed that for you sir. No charge as you get Admin boy discount!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by highland_scot Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:31 pm

How does Weir/Te Rure compare to:

Rory Hutton
Alex/David Blair
Tony Fenner
Nick McLennan
Tom Heathcote - admittedly not bad, just never really worked out
We signed Stephen Larkham (what could have been...)

highland_scot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:38 pm

Rory Hutton is a fair comparison with Te Rure - good break in him but poor everywhere else. Hutton was even worse in that regard (he actually couldn't pass off his bad hand)

Who the hell was Tony Fenner??

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:42 pm

highland_scot wrote:How does Weir/Te Rure compare to:

Rory Hutton
Alex/David Blair
Tony Fenner
Nick McLennan
Tom Heathcote - admittedly not bad, just never really worked out
We signed Stephen Larkham (what could have been...)

Did McLennan play at 10 ever? I don't remember that.

I keep forgetting about poor Tom Heathcote! He certainly could have been given more opportunities, but the Edinburgh Effect kicked in.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by highland_scot Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:49 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Rory Hutton is a fair comparison with Te Rure - good break in him but poor everywhere else.  Hutton was even worse in that regard (he actually couldn't pass off his bad hand)

Who the hell was Tony Fenner??

Fenner came in on loan from Viadana and never played... http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/edinburgh-rugby-turn-to-fenner-as-cover-for-injured-leonard-1-3239436

When McLennan was signed they said he could play 10 - don't think he ever did though!

highland_scot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:39 pm

tigertattie wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

Dan Carter > Jonny Wilkinson > .................... any 10 form Ayr > Finn Russell > Dan Biggar......................... Leonard > The boy that plays for my local 1st XV > The girl who once tried playing rugby for Peniculk > Weir > Te Rure?

Fixed that for you sir. No charge as you get Admin boy discount!

Young Pipetto has been playing 10 this season; Under 14's Players' Player Of The Year at next week's awards beano. His granny lived in Ayr Smile So, he must be well ahead of Te Rure and Meatball (after the Luvvies squeezed all the rugby out of him)

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:41 pm

To be fair to chunky Weir if the clock was red and we were 2 points down who would you rather taking a drop goal - him or Russell?? Weir's execution % is far superier (given that Finn's is 0!)

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:08 pm

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sean-lamont

If the Schlong gets £5000 in pledges he will go blonde against the exfoliators.

Dig deep boys. You too FES.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:44 am

Rumours circulating that Scotland Autumn tests will be moved to BT Sport this year.  No surprise given BT have a good firm grip on the SRU's baws but it would be a real shame to lose it from terrestrial TV if that's the case.

I'll quickly get over it if they pump another few million into the SRU and we sign Fekitoa for Edinburgh!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:09 am

jimbopip wrote:https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sean-lamont

If the Schlong gets £5000 in pledges he will go blonde against the exfoliators.

Dig deep boys. You too FES.

He's already nailed it. Must be dole money day in Glasgow.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:11 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Rumours circulating that Scotland Autumn tests will be moved to BT Sport this year.  No surprise given BT have a good firm grip on the SRU's baws but it would be a real shame to lose it from terrestrial TV if that's the case.

I'll quickly get over it if they pump another few million into the SRU and we sign Fekitoa for Edinburgh!

You could always dip your hands into those legendary pockets of yours and subscribe to BT Sport.....you can chalk it down to an early first anniversary present for Mrs RDW...

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:11 am

By moving the AIs to BT sport, all this will achieve is to make more Scottish people go to the pub!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:25 pm

tigertattie wrote:By moving the AIs to BT sport, all this will achieve is to make more Scottish people go to the pub!

The problem there is that the pubs would sooner show Cowdenbeath vs Queen of the South than Scotland vs New Zealand.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:26 pm

The Edinburgh Evening News: Making Posh People Even More Insular Since 1873
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:35 pm

I pointed out to Mrs Pip that next week's rugby club awards do coincides with The Annual Slaughter Of The Effeminates live on BBC. I suggested that she might like to go along and watch Pipetto receive his award. Cruel, heartless bissum that she is she pointed out that she isn't their coach and it's not her who "has to got to Scotstoun and Murrayfield and Allianz bloody Park just for Pipetto."
Ah, right you are, thought I, I'll record the game. And sit there, at two in the morning, on my own with my Schlong fingerless gloves and freshly dyed hair.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:18 pm

jimbopip wrote:I pointed out to Mrs Pip that next week's rugby club awards do coincides with The Annual Slaughter Of The Effeminates live on BBC. I suggested that she might like to go along and watch Pipetto receive his award. Cruel, heartless bissum that she is she pointed out that she isn't their coach and it's not her who "has to got to Scotstoun and Murrayfield and Allianz bloody Park just for Pipetto."
Ah, right you are, thought I, I'll record the game. And sit there, at two in the morning, on my own with my Schlong fingerless gloves and freshly dyed hair.

Will you take steps not to discover the outcome of the contest until you watch it? The suspense will surely eat away at you....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:19 pm

In the spirit of reciprocity, I think both Edinburgh and Glasgow should agree not to play their Lions in the 1872....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:16 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Will you take steps not to discover the outcome of the contest until you watch it? The suspense will surely eat away at you....
I remember back in (I think) 2015, I was staying with my folks for the Christmas break and stupidly agreed to help my brother move house, thereby missing the Murrayfield leg of the Annual Slaughter of the Effeminates.

We went into that game with a solid lead from the Scotstoun leg (remember Schlong knocking over Tom Brown like he was a damp bag of recycling?) and to be honest, I was expecting a prison-shaming not seen since Jeffrey Archer graced HMP Belmarsh Block A.

I set up the recorder and studiously avoided all mention of the match, even asking my parents not to listen to Radio 4 on the drive home, as Gary bloody Richardson would obviously be covering it in detail...

I ended up watching it at 1 AM in a dark room, on my own. The look of horror on my face, staring at the TV screen as CDP ran at us like a man possessed, it was like my own scene from the Ring.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:23 pm

IanBru wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Will you take steps not to discover the outcome of the contest until you watch it? The suspense will surely eat away at you....
I remember back in (I think) 2015, I was staying with my folks for the Christmas break and stupidly agreed to help my brother move house, thereby missing the Murrayfield leg of the Annual Slaughter of the Effeminates.

We went into that game with a solid lead from the Scotstoun leg (remember Schlong knocking over Tom Brown like he was a damp bag of recycling?) and to be honest, I was expecting a prison-shaming not seen since Jeffrey Archer graced HMP Belmarsh Block A.

I set up the recorder and studiously avoided all mention of the match, even asking my parents not to listen to Radio 4 on the drive home, as Gary bloody Richardson would obviously be covering it in detail...

I ended up watching it at 1 AM in a dark room, on my own. The look of horror on my face, staring at the TV screen as CDP ran at us like a man possessed, it was like my own scene from the Ring.

This makes me very happy to read.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:48 pm

According to the Daily Mail Greig Laidlaw is first reserve at 9 for the Lions and if he hadn't been injured he would have been picked over Youngs.

Given that Connor Murray has been given the ultimatum of having to play a game before the end of the season - and is supposedly still injured - he may see a call up before the tour even starts.

They are also claiming Finn Russell is backup 10.

An ever reliable source of course!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:25 pm

I hope Laidlaw gets in. He could/should be passed by Price by next 6 nations and will be a back-up by next World Cup at best. Last major tour where he could play a significant role if Murray is out and he is preferred to Youngs. Good closer for the final 20 if the Lions are leading.

Russell should not go. There is little to be gained as Farrell, Sexton and Biggar are all rated ahead of him. Sexton will inevitably get injured but Farrell will play 80 rather than them risk Russell if a game is close. Welsh coaches did not like Priestland's style of play and Russell is a more talented version of that.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:47 am

Hazel Sapling wrote:I hope Laidlaw gets in. He could/should be passed by Price by next 6 nations and will be a back-up by next World Cup at best. Last major tour where he could play a significant role if Murray is out and he is preferred to Youngs. Good closer for the final 20 if the Lions are leading.

Russell should not go. There is little to be gained as Farrell, Sexton and Biggar are all rated ahead of him. Sexton will inevitably get injured but Farrell will play 80 rather than them risk Russell if a game is close. Welsh coaches did not like Priestland's style of play and Russell is a more talented version of that.

Gatlandball summed up in a single sentence. I hope Frodo goes; he can end his career as a "Scotland and British and Irish Lions Legend". Fully deserved. By sheer effort and determination he made the most of his talent; Danny Cipriani should have a life sized poster of the Ponderous One on his bedroom ceiling so he can go to sleep thinking about what happens when you treat your talents with respect.
Dancer, on the other hand, will get hee-haw out of the tour other than earning a princely sum for holding tackle bags. Why bother?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:51 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:According to the Daily Mail Greig Laidlaw is first reserve at 9 for the Lions and if he hadn't been injured he would have been picked over Youngs.

Given that Connor Murray has been given the ultimatum of having to play a game before the end of the season - and is supposedly still injured - he may see a call up before the tour even starts.

They are also claiming Finn Russell is backup 10.

An ever reliable source of course!

Please bear in mind that the second headline on MailOnline today relates to Kim Kardashian's jugs.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next