The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Autumn series post mortem and 6N look ahead

+32
No 7&1/2
beshocked
reallybored
jimbopip
CraigS1874
Nematode
demosthenes
Hazel Sapling
TJ
Tattie Scones RRN
NeilyBroon
EWT Spoons
TheMildlyFranticLlama
cakeordeath
munkian
bsando
GLove39
robbo277
Lost In London
RuggerRadge2611
EST
George Carlin
SecretFly
BigGee
MacKnocked-on
IanBru
tigertattie
funnyExiledScot
R!skysports
uncle_nigel
RDW
36 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Scotland Autumn series post mortem and 6N look ahead - Page 8 Empty Scotland Autumn series post mortem and 6N look ahead

Post by RDW Mon 28 Nov 2016, 9:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Results

Scotland 22 Australia 23 Sad

Scotland 19 Argentina 16 Yahoo

Scotland 43 Georgia 16 Very Happy

I think the Scotsman summed up our Autumn Series pretty well:

Scotsman wrote:Two wins, one desperately narrow loss that could have ended differently, ten tries, two ranking places gained and all of the above completed with the absence of a host of players who have proved crucial for Scotland in the past, including the two best props in the country. All in, there was much to admire about Scotland’s autumn series

6N fixtures

Scotland V Ireland
France V Scotland

Scotland V Wales

England V Scotand
Scotland V Italy

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn series post mortem and 6N look ahead - Page 8 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn series post mortem and 6N look ahead

Post by BigGee Wed 18 Jan 2017, 11:43 am

EST wrote:

Allan
Brown
Fagerson
Swinson
Du Preez
Price
Weir
Taylor

Interesting you have gone for Allan as the back up LH, wheras everyone else has Reid.

In the autumn, VC definitely favoured Allan over Reid (who was sent back to play for Glasgow)

His form has been good since then though and Toonie definitely has him as 1st choice for the Warriors just now. Gordy has just made a few to many howlers at international level in the past and you wonder if VC remembers that,

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn series post mortem and 6N look ahead - Page 8 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn series post mortem and 6N look ahead

Post by EST Wed 18 Jan 2017, 11:46 am

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:As RDW rightly pointed out. You simply cannot start players who have hardly played the last few months because of injury. This is especially true against Ireland. If it was Italy, then perhaps, but you need match fit players who have played regularly the last few months...especially European rugby which is the next step down from international.

Jones, Hardie and Nel aren't ready to face Ireland.

I know what you are saying, but Sarries trusted Farrell to come back in after a long layoff against Toulon earlier this season - he ran the show and they won that game. Similarly Kruis was parachuted back into the England fold after a long injury (I can't remember the specific game), and played very well. I suppose it depends on the injury sustained, what work each player has been able to put in, the strength of the competition for that position etc etc. I would be very happy to see Watson start for example, but if Nel is deemed ready then I would have no problems with him starting.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Wed 18 Jan 2017, 11:53 am

BigGee wrote:
EST wrote:

Allan
Brown
Fagerson
Swinson
Du Preez
Price
Weir
Taylor

Interesting you have gone for Allan as the back up LH, wheras everyone else has Reid.

In the autumn, VC definitely favoured Allan over Reid (who was sent back to play for Glasgow)

His form has been good since then though and Toonie definitely has him as 1st choice for the Warriors just now. Gordy has just made a few to many howlers at international level in the past and you wonder if VC remembers that,

I think Gordie Reid is a committed player, who holds his own for his club, but I would put him in the group of players who can't quite make the step up to international level. I think the errors he is prone to are more costly at international level, he isn't a particularly strong scrummager and he doesn't offer enough skill or dynamism in the loose to compensate. Just my opinion, but I see more potential in Allan, who is a player more in the Dickinson/Dell mould.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 18 Jan 2017, 11:57 am

I wonder if Jon Welsh can force himself in the match day squad.....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Wed 18 Jan 2017, 12:02 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:I wonder if Jon Welsh can force himself in the match day squad.....

How well has he been playing Geordie? Looks like he has had a fair few starts.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 18 Jan 2017, 12:06 pm

EST wrote:
BigGee wrote:
EST wrote:

Allan
Brown
Fagerson
Swinson
Du Preez
Price
Weir
Taylor

I think Gordie Reid is a committed player, who holds his own for his club, but I would put him in the group of players who can't quite make the step up to international level.  I think the errors he is prone to are more costly at international level, he isn't a particularly strong scrummager and he doesn't offer enough skill or dynamism in the loose to compensate.  Just my opinion, but I see more potential in Allan, who is a player more in the Dickinson/Dell mould.  

Totally agree with this. Reid is a decent club man, but at international level he struggles. I'd have Allan on the bench ahead of him as well.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 18 Jan 2017, 12:27 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:
EST wrote:
BigGee wrote:
EST wrote:

Allan
Brown
Fagerson
Swinson
Du Preez
Price
Weir
Taylor

I think Gordie Reid is a committed player, who holds his own for his club, but I would put him in the group of players who can't quite make the step up to international level.  I think the errors he is prone to are more costly at international level, he isn't a particularly strong scrummager and he doesn't offer enough skill or dynamism in the loose to compensate.  Just my opinion, but I see more potential in Allan, who is a player more in the Dickinson/Dell mould.  

Totally agree with this.  Reid is a decent club man, but at international level he struggles.  I'd have Allan on the bench ahead of him as well.

What makes you think Allan is any different??

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 18 Jan 2017, 12:29 pm

Nothing really, I just don't think Reid is up to it, having played a number of times and generally struggled.  That's not to say Allan is any better, but he's worth a shot.  I know it's not the best basis of selecting a player, but until Dickinson/Sutherland are back then it'll have to do.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 18 Jan 2017, 12:40 pm

EST wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:I wonder if Jon Welsh can force himself in the match day squad.....

How well has he been playing Geordie?  Looks like he has had a fair few starts.

He's been playing great mate...seriously good. Both in tight and the loose. Mostly at TH...

His linebreak against Bath was something quite special... Wink

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 18 Jan 2017, 12:42 pm

Vern has explained his rationale for leaving Bradbury out in favour of CDP

Vern wrote:He's a more seasoned and a more experienced player, Cornell. He's more physical in contact. Magnus has not started games that well. He's finished games well when the intensity has dropped but he needs to work on that.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Wed 18 Jan 2017, 12:45 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Manky-Flanker wrote:This comment from Cotter was interesting:
"...alongside Finn [Russell] who’ll be working to run games"

Do we think this is part of a conscious effort to shift some of the responsibility and decision making from Laidlaw at 9 to Russell at 10? If so, I'd welcome that. Does make me wonder if past season's focus on Laidlaw has been partly because Cotter hasn't trusted Russell's game management ability until now?

Maybe reading too much into a single quote,  but interesting none the less...

Well given what happened against Munster is that the best idea?? Very Happy

Probably not Very Happy but it'd be more entertaining. I mean I'd rather single handedly man a 24 hour helpline for hyperactive kids than watch 80 mins of Laidlaw running the show!

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Wed 18 Jan 2017, 12:49 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:
EST wrote:

How well has he been playing Geordie?  Looks like he has had a fair few starts.

He's been playing great mate...seriously good. Both in tight and the loose. Mostly at TH...

His linebreak against Bath was something quite special... Wink

I did see that - what a line. I've always had a soft spot for Jon Welsh, up until now I wasn't sure if he had really benefited all that much from his move to TH, glad to hear he is playing well. If Nel is judged not fit, then he has a very, very good chance of a place on the bench.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 18 Jan 2017, 12:53 pm

Well he's bang in form and fitness and can cover LH AND TH equally well. Its a no brainer for me...

Just please don't send him back injured..... Sad

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 18 Jan 2017, 1:06 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:Vern has explained his rationale for leaving Bradbury out in favour of CDP

Vern wrote:He's a more seasoned and a more experienced player, Cornell. He's more physical in contact. Magnus has not started games that well. He's finished games well when the intensity has dropped but he needs to work on that.

Well fair enough then - he's given a reason for it so not a lot to argue with that...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 18 Jan 2017, 1:34 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
EWT Spoons wrote:Vern has explained his rationale for leaving Bradbury out in favour of CDP

Well fair enough then - he's given a reason for it so not a lot to argue with that...

It is lovely having a coach who thinks things through and presents rational arguments for his key decisions. He is the first Scotland head coach to do that in a long time.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 18 Jan 2017, 3:15 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

It is lovely having a coach who thinks things through and presents rational arguments for his key decisions. He is the first Scotland head coach to do that in a long time.

Are you implying that previous coaches who justified picking Wilson because he "plays above the ground" are irrational?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Wed 18 Jan 2017, 3:19 pm

I'll say it again, I think we'll miss the big rabbit hating barsteward. I think he's been the best coach and selector we've had for donkey's. I love Toonie, but what's the bloody rush?

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 18 Jan 2017, 3:40 pm

nickj wrote:I'll say it again, I think we'll miss the big rabbit hating barsteward. I think he's been the best coach and selector we've had for donkey's. I love Toonie, but what's the bloody rush?

agreed

I'd have left cotter there for the next world cup and told young toonie to go to Engurlund or france (or maybe a nation team) to gain more experience in coaching. The he could have come in for Vern after 2019
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 18 Jan 2017, 4:02 pm

Well what's done is done.

One thing about Toonie is that he does not lack confidence that he is ready and can do the job. He will also be inheriting a very decent squad. Maybe VC was the man to knock them into shape and Toonie the one to take them to the next level.

Not dissimilar to what happened with Glasgow!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 18 Jan 2017, 5:48 pm

How good is Dell, really? I'm not being funny - is he really a test class prop?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 18 Jan 2017, 6:01 pm

George Carlin wrote:How good is Dell, really? I'm not being funny - is he really a test class prop?

He was surprisingly good in the AIs. A pretty promising start, its not as if Argentina, Georgia or Australia can't scrum these days.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Wed 18 Jan 2017, 7:17 pm

Anyone know the inside track on Barclay and Townsend at Glasgow? Are his days with Scotland numbered?

Squad is as expected, would like to have seen some of the younger players start to come in but maybe the summer is a better time for that. Think there's a strong First XV there but injuries in three of four positions and we'll be looking at a wooden spoon play off with Italy. That said if we can keep our best players fit then it could be a very good year;
I'd say in terms of recent performances Ireland and England are ahead of the rest, the Scotland, Wales and France and Italy some way off. The English are currently dropping like flies so our game against them in the 4th round could look very different by the time it comes around. If we're confident and they're in a weaker position then it could level the Twickenham factor.
The key is definitely in the first two games, win them both and it could be a very special year, one win and one strong performance and we're on track, two defeats and it's same old in all reality.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu 19 Jan 2017, 9:13 am

I think we'll get pumped by Ireland personally....

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 19 Jan 2017, 9:29 am

The noises coming out about Nel's injury are not very positive, could be out for the whole of the 6N, maybe the season. That really would be a shame if he misses his Lions opportunity.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 19 Jan 2017, 9:53 am

BigGee wrote:The noises coming out about Nel's injury are not very positive, could be out for the whole of the 6N, maybe the season. That really would be a shame if he misses his Lions opportunity.

that would be a shame, but from a purely selfish point of view, his injury might put any potential suitors off and help Edinburgh to keep him.

However, he's a very good player and it'll be disappointing if he's not able to play in the 6 nations and misses his chance to play for the lions.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 19 Jan 2017, 9:56 am

Given that several weeks ago he made his return for Edinburgh against Harlequins and aggravated the injury, then had to take several weeks out, if he has aggravated it again from a head knock (which is also worrying) then he may face the same layoff, if not longer given that it keeps returning.

It is a strange one because they were obviously confident that he had fully recovered yet he gets a bang to the head and it comes back again.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he misses the entire 6N, effectively ending his Lions chances.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 19 Jan 2017, 10:12 am

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 19 Jan 2017, 10:15 am

George Carlin wrote:How good is Dell, really? I'm not being funny - is he really a test class prop?

He reminds me of Al Dickinson at the same age. On the small side but with a decent technique, but his real strength is his work around the park. He is also very consistent. I think he has promise, and would be ahead of Gordon Reid and Alex Allan in my book. Hopefully Sutherland will go on to become the natural successor to Dickinson, but I'd suggest we keep giving Dell opportunities when possible.

Is he a test class prop? Perhaps not quite yet. Is he the best fit loosehead we have at the moment? Yes.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 19 Jan 2017, 10:20 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:

He reminds me of Al Dickinson at the same age. On the small side but with a decent technique, but his real strength is his work around the park. He is also very consistent. I think he has promise, and would be ahead of Gordon Reid and Alex Allan in my book. Hopefully Sutherland will go on to become the natural successor to Dickinson, but I'd suggest we keep giving Dell opportunities when possible.

Is he a test class prop? Perhaps not quite yet. Is he the best fit loosehead we have at the moment? Yes.

Agreed. It is strange to think that Dickinson used to be a bit underpowered in the scrums yet very athletic round the pitch, whereas now he is a beast in the scrums but not so effective in the loose! The new scrum laws certainly helped him.

Maybe it is also a sign that it is very difficult for a prop to have both.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 19 Jan 2017, 11:41 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Agreed.  It is strange to think that Dickinson used to be a bit underpowered in the scrums yet very athletic round the pitch, whereas now he is a beast in the scrums but not so effective in the loose! The new scrum laws certainly helped him.

Maybe it is also a sign that it is very difficult for a prop to have both.

It's what made Tom Smith such a special player.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 20 Jan 2017, 11:37 am

I posted this in the Ireland match thread but I suspect it will be lost in the Connor Murray debate:

WP Nel has been ruled out of the 6N Sad

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 20 Jan 2017, 12:04 pm

Frak. Frak. Frak. Frak. Frak. Frak.

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 20 Jan 2017, 12:10 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:I posted this in the Ireland match thread but I suspect it will be lost in the Connor Murray debate:

WP Nel has been ruled out of the 6N Sad

I saw that. A huge blow for Scotland and also for WP Nel himself. He had a really strong case to go on the Lions tour, but I can't see it happening now (although he can hopefully tour with Scotland in the summer).

Good news for Dan Cole and Samson Lee!

It's now between Welsh and Fagerson. I suspect Fagerson will start, with Welsh on the bench. We could see Berghan in Scotland colours this 6 Nations, which is worrying!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 20 Jan 2017, 12:17 pm

Concerning that it looks like he might need another operation on his neck. Not ideal for a tighthead. Hope he comes through this ok, whether that's playing rugby or even just being able to live injury free

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 20 Jan 2017, 12:24 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:Concerning that it looks like he might need another operation on his neck.  Not ideal for a tighthead.  Hope he comes through this ok, whether that's playing rugby or even just being able to live injury free

That is of course a very good point. Easy to look at this solely through the rugby lens.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 30 Jan 2017, 10:31 am

Decent interview from Jim Telfer with Tom English

Jim talking to Tom wrote:June marks the 20th anniversary of the most spine-tingling rugby speech that's ever been caught on camera - the soaring 'This is your Everest, boys' address by Jim Telfer to his pack of forwards before the first Lions Test against South Africa in Cape Town in 1997.

Twenty years. Gone, just like that. Telfer was in his 50s then and he's pushing 77 now. Time has flown but the man hasn't changed, not his passion for rugby at any rate, not the hours he spends watching it and thinking about it, no matter where it's happening or at what level.

Three hours in the Scotsman's living room throws up all sorts of discussion. Vern Cotter? He's a big fan of the Scotland coach. Twickenham? Less so. "An intimidating concrete jungle." Eddie Jones, England, the Lions, the future of the game? He's got plenty to say, put it that way.

The Six Nations is almost upon us. Scotland have not won a championship since Telfer was coach - and that was in a different millennium. In the 17 years since his side won the Five Nations, the Scots have finished bottom four times and second from bottom seven times. In the past decade they have won 20% of their matches in the Six Nations.

Telfer sees some light in the tunnel. He's seen it before, it's true, and it's turned out to be an oncoming train. Will it be different this time?

'Vern is a hard man. I'm disappointed he's leaving'

Those who have been around a while will tell you about the similarities between Telfer and Cotter as coaches - intense, driven, relentlessly striving to be better.

Telfer is an admirer of the New Zealander. He says he's brought clarity where before things were clouded, he's inherited decent players and he's made them better, he's brought in new ones and has created a steelier culture.

"I think he's done a remarkable job," says Telfer. "He's got a clear message. The players know exactly what they're supposed to be doing individually and collectively.

"The New Zealanders talk about producing good rugby players but also about producing good men. That's what he's doing.

"He's a journey back to the old type of coach, a hard man who understands the Scottish philosophy. Scotsmen will run through brick walls for you if you treat them properly and if they're the right type. He would find the Scottish players' attitude refreshing. When I heard he was leaving, I was disappointed."

Telfer talks about Cotter's developing culture, the emergence of Jonny Gray, the improvement in Richie Gray - "Richie was just wandering about for five or six years" - and the development of Scotland's attack.

The loss, through injury, of WP Nel could be a major blow, he says. Scotland have precious little depth in the front row now. He used to think Nel was "just another South African who failed to make the grade" but he has come to admire him as a player.

"In the modern game you have to have a very good set-piece and you need a strong tight-head who can be the cornerstone of the pack and we haven't had that in Scotland for a few years, so that's a big blow," remarks Telfer. Zander Fagerson, it has to be said, has been excellent for Glasgow of late.

He's concerned also that Scotland's leadership hasn't fully matured. He says: "There's still a bit to go. We play Ireland first. Finn Russell up against Jonny Sexton, a superb player, so in control. Finn has got all the bits and pieces to be a very good player but sometimes he doesn't control a game as I think he should. He needs three or four more years."

'Ireland, France, Wales - we can beat two of them'

As an analyst and lover of New Zealand rugby since the 1960s, Telfer can give you chapter and verse on Ireland's victory over the All Blacks in Chicago in November.

"Ireland will be very close to being favourites to win the title," he says.

"They're used to winning and pose a great threat. They don't make mistakes. They can control the ball and they've enough match-winners who can take the game by the scruff of the neck. They've got great depth as well. Scrum-half Conor Murray is excellent, a great general.

"If I was down to my last fiver I'd back my own country. Heart over head, possibly.

Jump media playerMedia player helpOut of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.
Grand Slam 1984 Scotland 21-12 France
"France are getting better and they have a coach now who understands what rugby is about. If we're at our best in France we could win, but it depends how France come back after playing England. If they're battered and bruised and the crowd get at them, they'll have to play well in Paris to keep their season going. I hope the resurgence in France is just a little bit premature. If we win one of the opening two we'd be doing well."

Scotland host Wales in the third round of games. They haven't beaten them in nine years. Like many games in the Six Nations there is a Lions sub-text. If there's going to be a semi-respectable contingent of Scots on the Lions tour then games like this have to be won.

"The way things are looking, Ireland and England have players that will be automatic. In the past there was a core of Welsh players that were automatic, but it's not so obvious this time.

"Some of their best players - Leigh Halfpenny, Jamie Roberts, Sam Warburton - are dropping down even in the Welsh pecking order. We have to win that game. And it's very winnable."

'Eddie Jones? Like Trump, he wants to be the big man'

If Scotland's record against Wales is lamentable, their history at Twickenham is a horror story. They haven't won there since 1983. As if that wasn't grim enough, they also lost that epic World Cup quarter-final against Australia there. To Scots, this is rugby's biggest graveyard, protected by all manner of ghosts.

"Eddie Jones doesn't want to beat teams, he wants to demolish them, which I find a bit disappointing," says Telfer. "To me, he's building his whole team on set-piece and the building of the attack comes secondary. Having coached Australia and Japan you would have thought the opposite would be the case. The way he speaks, it's a bit like Donald Trump. He wants to be the big man, you know?

"His goal is to win the World Cup in 2019 and so far it's gone well, but I think he could be a little more circumspect, show a bit more respect for the opposition. He doesn't seem to show much respect and it could come back to bite him.

Scotland's Six Nations fixtures, all times GMT
Saturday, 4 February: Scotland v Ireland (14:25)
Sunday, 12 February: France v Scotland (15:00)
Saturday, 25 February: Scotland v Wales (14:25)
Saturday, 11 March: England v Scotland (16:00)
Saturday, 18 March: Scotland v Italy (12:30)

"Twickenham, I find intimidating, the whole atmosphere is intimidating, there's so many of them, three tiers of them. If you ever think about wanting separation from England just sit 10 minutes in Twickenham and listen to them.

"They think they're superior and a lot of them will come from the south-east, bags of money and bags of this and bags of that. They don't really appreciate the other team. In France they just boo the other team, in Argentina they boo the other team, in England it's just disdain. 'Why are we playing these plebs?' I don't like Twickenham; a concrete jungle, nothing attractive about it at all."

Can anybody beat England? He thinks France will give them a rattle and that Ireland could topple them in Dublin on the final weekend.

"We've been talking about having three wins for years, but it's possible. I think this is the best Scottish squad since 1999. I've a feeling Vern is going to get some reward for the work they've done."

'The All Blacks are beatable - the Lions can do it'

Telfer tells me his Lions Test team. With a laugh, he adds they can win in New Zealand - "as long as they pick the team I've chosen".

"If we can match the All Blacks up front, in contact and set-piece, we have the quality behind [the scrum] to win the series," he says.

"I don't think New Zealand rugby is nearly as strong as the rest of world thinks. They're definitely going back. If we've ever had a chance of beating them, it's this time."

There are caveats. Fitness of the players after a long season, a crazy match schedule, two Tests at Eden Park in Auckland, where New Zealand's record is incredible, and he's unconvinced about Gatland's coaching back-up. He says Gregor Townsend was right to turn them down in favour of touring with Scotland but would like to have seen Cotter deployed as forwards coach.

How many Scots? "If we get five or six we'd be doing well. Jonny Gray will definitely go, WP Nel would have gone - and still might go - Tommy Seymour, Stuart Hogg. If Duncan Taylor plays well in the Six Nations he might make it. But we won't get players because we've beaten Italy in the last game. We need big wins."

You know he'll be watching, Every minute, every hour, day or night. Same as it ever was.

His Lions selection is a picture which I can't seem to copy in, so here you go:

1. Vunipola
2. Best
3. Furlong
4. AWJ capt
5. Itoje
6. CJ Stander
7. Sean O'Brien
8. Faletau
9. Murray
10. Sextpon
11. May
12. Farrell
13. Joeseph
14. Watson
15. Hogg

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8