The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Autumn series post mortem and 6N look ahead

+32
No 7&1/2
beshocked
reallybored
jimbopip
CraigS1874
Nematode
demosthenes
Hazel Sapling
TJ
Tattie Scones RRN
NeilyBroon
EWT Spoons
TheMildlyFranticLlama
cakeordeath
munkian
bsando
GLove39
robbo277
Lost In London
RuggerRadge2611
EST
George Carlin
SecretFly
BigGee
MacKnocked-on
IanBru
tigertattie
funnyExiledScot
R!skysports
uncle_nigel
RDW
36 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Scotland Autumn series post mortem and 6N look ahead - Page 5 Empty Scotland Autumn series post mortem and 6N look ahead

Post by RDW Mon 28 Nov 2016, 9:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Results

Scotland 22 Australia 23 Sad

Scotland 19 Argentina 16 Yahoo

Scotland 43 Georgia 16 Very Happy

I think the Scotsman summed up our Autumn Series pretty well:

Scotsman wrote:Two wins, one desperately narrow loss that could have ended differently, ten tries, two ranking places gained and all of the above completed with the absence of a host of players who have proved crucial for Scotland in the past, including the two best props in the country. All in, there was much to admire about Scotland’s autumn series

6N fixtures

Scotland V Ireland
France V Scotland

Scotland V Wales

England V Scotand
Scotland V Italy

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn series post mortem and 6N look ahead - Page 5 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn series post mortem and 6N look ahead

Post by R!skysports Mon 09 Jan 2017, 4:29 pm

Dooooooooooooom

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Scotland Autumn series post mortem and 6N look ahead - Page 5 Empty Re: Scotland Autumn series post mortem and 6N look ahead

Post by EST Mon 09 Jan 2017, 4:37 pm

I think a huge amount hinges on the opening game against Ireland. Lose that and we have a daunting trip to a resurgent France, win and we travel with confidence knowing we have the players to beat them.

Either way, it's going to be a fiercely competitive tournament. I think we will do much the same as last year, lose to Ireland and England, and sneak two wins out of the France, Wales and Italy games.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 09 Jan 2017, 4:52 pm

Scotland should be targeting 3 wins with Italy (who are inconsistent but their average performance is poor), Wales (Howley is head coach and some of the team's stars are not looking in great form/injured (North, Faletau, Warburton, Webb)) and France (a general mess of a team at this point) the bread and butter.

Ireland had a great November and it will be interesting to see if they can maintain that level. I am not overly sold on them at the moment. Saying that we will probably get our tails handed to us.

England will be missing at least 2 of their starting back row and I am not sure who replaces the work rate (Robshaw) or carries (Vunipola). Maybe Hughes adapts to the international game and Wood does a serviceable impression of Robshaw but it makes them a little more vulnerable. If Ford or Farrell get crocked or banned, 12 becomes an interesting conundrum for them. Farrell has become almost indispensable to England being the clear number 2 in the world.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Mon 09 Jan 2017, 5:08 pm

We'll definitely score tries against any of the other teams, no doubt about that. The likely starting backs are all looking in excellent form currently. Presuming he'll start, Laidlaw is going to have to try to up his tempo to replicate the style of game Price plays at Glasgow and which is suiting Russell perfectly.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 10 Jan 2017, 8:56 am

Had a dream (nightmare) last night that against Wales we lost a try after 22s (Bennett missed a tackle) then went on to get pumped 55-6.

Let#s hope it isn't a premonition of the future!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:06 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Had a dream (nightmare) last night that against Wales we lost a try after 22s (Bennett missed a tackle) then went on to get pumped 55-6.

Let#s hope it isn't a premonition of the future!

This scenario is just as likely as us humping the sheep botherers by 40 points! (quite likely)

The way we play just now, anything is possible!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:20 am

We'll beat Wales. They are in decline and we are on the up. Jonny Gray will eat The Legend (aka AWJ) for breakfast, and Stuart Hogg will run rings around The Most World Class Player Of All Time Ever (aka Liam Williams).

34-6 to Scotland.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:48 am

Not to sound too overly confident, but I think several things are going in Scotland's favour currently..

lack of crucial injuries - Our best players are all fit and on form. We'll have a well rested and raring to go WP Nel as well as several young forwards who are improving with every game.

England have injury problems but that doesn't mean anything as their strength and depth is great, but still it may help us with results if they trip up early in the tournament. As Jones said, they have to win it again not retain it.

Ireland is a crucial game though isn't it? Assuming we lose the first two games, the Wales game will be crucial for avoiding a wooden spoon showdown. In other words, the tournament could go sour really quick so those first two games are so so important.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 10 Jan 2017, 11:26 am

bsando wrote:Not to sound too overly confident, but I think several things are going in Scotland's favour currently..

lack of crucial injuries - Our best players are all fit and on form. We'll have a well rested and raring to go WP Nel as well as several young forwards who are improving with every game.

England have injury problems but that doesn't mean anything as their strength and depth is great, but still it may help us with results if they trip up early in the tournament. As Jones said, they have to win it again not retain it.

Ireland is a crucial game though isn't it? Assuming we lose the first two games, the Wales game will be crucial for avoiding a wooden spoon showdown. In other words, the tournament could go sour really quick so those first two games are so so important.

Careful there! still a few games to go yet!

Also, I'd still class Nel and Dickinson as crucial and injured!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Tue 10 Jan 2017, 11:41 am

bsando wrote:Not to sound too overly confident, but I think several things are going in Scotland's favour currently..

Bloody hell, bsando is trying his best to put the injury mockers on us.

I do see what you mean though, I am praying Finn Russell gets through the two big European games though. The prospect of the meatball starting at 10 against Ireland is turning me off my tea.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 10 Jan 2017, 12:10 pm

Scotland will lose heavily to Wales and the Welsh Way.

The final score will be 132-6, with Phil Bennett and JPR Williams running riot.

Victory will be numerical, moral and comprehensively psychological.

Yours,
Dai Jones Morgan Williams
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 10 Jan 2017, 3:12 pm

George Carlin wrote:Scotland will lose heavily to Wales and the Welsh Way.

Yours,

I always thought winning both numerically and morally was impossible! Every team has to pick one option and unfortunately for us we chose morally.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 10 Jan 2017, 4:20 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Scotland will lose heavily to Wales and the Welsh Way.

Yours,

I always thought winning both numerically and morally was impossible! Every team has to pick one option and unfortunately for us we chose immorally.

Fixed that for you, poor Biggar Crying or Very sad
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 10 Jan 2017, 4:50 pm

Biggar? As in world rugby's most whiniest, bitchy, soft as marshmallow, complaining to the ref all the time, injury fawning, foul play simulating, attention seeking ponce?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 10 Jan 2017, 4:57 pm

I think that it's important to be absolutely clear about this issue:

Scotland Autumn series post mortem and 6N look ahead - Page 5 Big_je10      Scotland Autumn series post mortem and 6N look ahead - Page 5 Dan-bi10

Dan Biggar                  An enormous jessie
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 11 Jan 2017, 8:23 am

Anything less than 3 wins and I'll be disappointed.

I can't see us winning in Dublin but at murrayfield you never know, they may pull off a shocker, and Ireland tend to start off the 6N rusty so it'd be good to catch them off guard. I'm going to be bold and say we win against Ireland, lose to France by a point, just win against Wales, pumped by England, scrape past Italy in the typical Scotland style.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed 11 Jan 2017, 9:27 am

tigertattie wrote:Biggar? As in world rugby's most whiniest, bitchy, soft as marshmallow, complaining to the ref all the time, injury fawning, foul play simulating, attention seeking ponce?
Aren't Edinburgh looking for a stand-off? Smile
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 11 Jan 2017, 9:58 am

We'll stick with Tovey thanks!

He's twice the man Biggar is! Biggar may be a better player, but Tovey is the better human being!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 11 Jan 2017, 10:03 am

tigertattie wrote:Biggar? As in world rugby's most whiniest, bitchy, soft as marshmallow, complaining to the ref all the time, injury fawning, foul play simulating, attention seeking ponce?

Hogg takes that crown Very Happy
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 11 Jan 2017, 10:57 am

OK so we're close enough to the first game to have a fair idea of who is going to be available for selection. So assuming that Dickinson, Sutherland, Hardie, Taylor and Jones will be injured or only just returned from injury, and that Nel will be fit and well, here's my expected team selection for the Ireland game:

1 Dell
2 Ford
3 Nel
4 Gray
5 Gray
6 Bradbury
7 Watson
8 Strauss

9 Laidlaw
10 Russell
11 Seymour
12 Dunbar
13 Scott (been playing there a lot for Gloucester)
14 Maitland
15 Hogg

Subs Reid, Brown, Fagerson, Gilchrist (fairly certain VC will pick him), Wilson, Price, Jackson, Bennett

With questionmarks over the 6 and 13 shirts - VC might go for Wilson and Bennett instead

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 11 Jan 2017, 11:07 am

Any chance we'll see CDP as a bolter in this Scotland squad?

He's a great talent, but there's no way I would have Bradbury instead of Barclay, who is currently playing very well and who takes some of the pressure off Watson.

Can we really not do better than Dell at loosehead? Is he really better than Reid or Welsh? I grant you that keeping front row club level continuity is a good thing.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 11 Jan 2017, 11:11 am

George Carlin wrote:Any chance we'll see CDP as a bolter in this Scotland squad?

He's a great talent, but there's no way I would have Bradbury instead of Barclay, who is currently playing very well and who takes some of the pressure off Watson.

Can we really not do better than Dell at loosehead? Is he really better than Reid or Welsh? I grant you that keeping front row club level continuity is a good thing.

Woops forgot about Barclay - agreed that he will probably start at 6 and Bradbury and Wilson will fight out for a bench spot (I'd go for Bradbury, obviously). CDP's form doesn't warrant inclusion but he may be invovled at some point over the 6N.

Dell is the incumbent after a strong Ai performance, against some big scrummaging teams - Reid was a bit of a loose cannon when he came off the bench! Welsh is also now officially a tighthead.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed 11 Jan 2017, 11:18 am

Dell earned the spot in November and has played well. Reid has big Munster and Leicester scrums to demonstrate his ability. If he does well, he starts. If he struggles a little, Dell starts.

Will a recovering Nel start ahead of an in-form Fagerson and Welsh? TH depth is looking good leading into the 6 nations.

I think Barclay will start at 6 and would like Bradbury on the bench but expect Wilson. Harley has been brilliant for Glasgow and has a better argument than Bradbury for the 6 shirt.

Otherwise I am happy with that team. Seymour, Maitland and Visser have been scoring for fun so defense counts for more than normal. Scott has been excellent and edges Bennett.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 11 Jan 2017, 11:24 am

This is the team I reckon we'll see:

Dell - Did well during the AIs and until Dicko/Sutherland are back then our best LH
Ford - close between Brown and him
Nel - Should be back this weekend, assuming all goes well he should be starting
Gray
Gray
Barclay - Would like to see Bradbury given a shot, but Barclay is in form
Watson
Wilson - Has actually done ok in his last couple of tests and at club level, probably included based on form for the first time ever

Laidlaw
Russell
Seymour
Dunbar
Taylor - back for sarries (on the bench last weekend) and has a lot of credit based on last year.
Maitland
Hogg

Scott has been told by VC to improve his defence, before he's considered again, so will be interesting to see if he's involved.  But 2nd top try scorer in the prem should see him involved in some capacity.

off topic, but apparently Bennett is unlikely to be offered a contract at Glasgow, or at least rumour is he's not been offered one as yet and is out of contract this season.  They might be working their way round to him, but from the sound of things he's not a priority at least.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 11 Jan 2017, 11:36 am

Hazel Sapling wrote:Dell earned the spot in November and has played well. Reid has big Munster and Leicester scrums to demonstrate his ability. If he does well, he starts. If he struggles a little, Dell starts.

Will a recovering Nel start ahead of an in-form Fagerson and Welsh? TH depth is looking good leading into the 6 nations.

I think Barclay will start at 6 and would like Bradbury on the bench but expect Wilson. Harley has been brilliant for Glasgow and has a better argument than Bradbury for the 6 shirt.

Otherwise I am happy with that team. Seymour, Maitland and Visser have been scoring for fun so defense counts for more than normal. Scott has been excellent and edges Bennett.

yes! Fagerson really struggled in the AIs at scrum time. He's still developing but Nel is just a much better Tighthead! If Nel hasn't shaken off his injury then Fagerson will start but if Nel is injury free, regardless of Match fitness, he'll be starting!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 11 Jan 2017, 11:38 am

tigertattie wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:Dell earned the spot in November and has played well. Reid has big Munster and Leicester scrums to demonstrate his ability. If he does well, he starts. If he struggles a little, Dell starts.

yes! Fagerson really struggled in the AIs at scrum time. He's still developing but Nel is just a much better Tighthead! If Nel hasn't shaken off his injury then Fagerson will start but if Nel is injury free, regardless of Match fitness, he'll be starting!

I don't think Nel should be thrown straight in unless he has had a few games under his belt. He has had a neck injury which is very debilitating for a prop.

There's only 2 Edinburgh games before teh 6N so he's going to be desperately short of match fitness, and may only play part of the game against quins since this is his first game back after a long layoff.

We might need Fagerson to give us 50-60 minutes against Ireland.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 11 Jan 2017, 11:49 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
tigertattie wrote:

I don't think Nel should be thrown straight in unless he has had a few games under his belt.  He has had a neck injury which is very debilitating for a prop.

There's only 2 Edinburgh games before teh 6N so he's going to be desperately short of match fitness, and may only play part of the game against quins since this is his first game back after a long layoff.

Hardly struggled! We definitely struggled when Low-power came on but Fagerson made a great account of himself in the Autumn, and held up well against basically all of the opposing front rows, even Georgia who pride themselves on that.

I'd have no problem with Fagerson starting against Ireland to be honest, and agree that Nel shouldn't be rushed back, look how many times Scotland have done that and ruined players in the past!

We should be near to our best squad against Ireland, I'd be happy with most combinations in the centres but think it's a good opportunity to bring back the Dunbar-Scott axis that has served us well in the past. I wouldn't be unhappy with Bennett instead. Like Nel, I think it's too soon for Taylor but he should definitely train with the boys, and as far as I'm aware Huw won't be in action until the end of the 6Ns.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Wed 11 Jan 2017, 12:24 pm

I think Vern will go for something like this, assuming Nel and Jones are fit.

1. Dell
2. Ford
3. Nel
4. Gray
5. Gray
6. Barclay
7. Watson
8. Wilson

9. Laidlaw (c)
10. Russell
11. Seymour
12. Dunbar
13. Jones
14. Maitland
15. Hogg

16. Reid
17. Brown
18. Fagerson
19. Gilchrist
20. Bradbury
21. Price
22. Taylor
23. Visser

The main area of concern is the backrow. Wilson starts, but you will never hear me say he is international class, and Barclay, despite being a good player, gives away physicality against the best 6's in the business.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 11 Jan 2017, 12:26 pm

Hopefully Nelly will start against Quins and can hand Marler's tattooed backside back to him.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 11 Jan 2017, 12:29 pm

George Carlin wrote:Hopefully Nelly will start against Quins and can hand Marler's tattooed backside back to him.

Marler has fractured his leg, I would imagine he'll miss the Edinburgh game.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 11 Jan 2017, 12:46 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Hopefully Nelly will start against Quins and can hand Marler's tattooed backside back to him.

Marler has fractured his leg, I would imagine he'll miss the Edinburgh game.
A broken leg wouldn't have stopped Solomons from starting Nel.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 11 Jan 2017, 2:24 pm

NeilyBroon wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
tigertattie wrote:

I don't think Nel should be thrown straight in unless he has had a few games under his belt.  He has had a neck injury which is very debilitating for a prop.

Hardly struggled! We definitely struggled when Low-power came on but Fagerson made a great account of himself in the Autumn, and held up well against basically all of the opposing front rows, even Georgia who pride themselves on that.

I'd have no problem with Fagerson starting against Ireland to be honest, and agree that Nel shouldn't be rushed back, look how many times Scotland have done that and ruined players in the past!

We should be near to our best squad against Ireland, I'd be happy with most combinations in the centres but think it's a good opportunity to bring back the Dunbar-Scott axis that has served us well in the past. I wouldn't be unhappy with Bennett instead. Like Nel, I think it's too soon for Taylor but he should definitely train with the boys, and as far as I'm aware Huw won't be in action until the end of the 6Ns.

Oh I'm not advocating Lowe. The scrums got remarkably worse when he came on but they weren't good with ZooZander either! Against Arg and Georgia, I don't think we won a single scrum against the head nor won many penalties or free kicks. We deffo lost our one scrum on occasions and gave away plenty penalties and free kicks.

I'm not saying throw ZooZander in the "never going to make it" pile, but he's nowhere near the standard than Nel is at!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed 11 Jan 2017, 3:35 pm

tigertattie wrote:
NeilyBroon wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
tigertattie wrote:

Oh I'm not advocating Lowe. The scrums got remarkably worse when he came on but they weren't good with ZooZander either! Against Arg and Georgia, I don't think we won a single scrum against the head nor won many penalties or free kicks. We deffo lost our one scrum on occasions and gave away plenty penalties and free kicks.

I'm not saying throw ZooZander in the "never going to make it" pile, but he's nowhere near the standard than Nel is at!

I remember him having them at a standstill. Against big scrummaging sides that is all that is needed and Fagerson is good around the park. Being able to bully teams off the ball in the scrum is good but I am not convinced Nel will be able to do that against Ireland off an injury for an hour. For 20 minutes against Ireland's second LH he might. In a close game, that could prove vital.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 11 Jan 2017, 4:16 pm

Just realised that Hamish Watson signed a 2 year Edinburgh extension. 

As you were...

PS - Who downvoted me??
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 11 Jan 2017, 4:29 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:

Marler has fractured his leg, I would imagine he'll missdo quite well the Edinburgh game.

Fixed that for you Whistle

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 11 Jan 2017, 4:45 pm

EST wrote:I think Vern will go for something like this, assuming Nel and Jones are fit.

1. Dell (I think he did well enough in the Ai's to start)
2. Ford (Personally I'd start Brown everyday: you never know when you might actually want to win a lineout)
3. Nel
4. Gray
5. Gray
6. Barclay (Possibly Bluto, but that's only for added physicality Barcs is by far the better footballer-in the rugby nous sense, not in the Wendyball nonsense sense)
7. Watson
8. Wilson

9. Laidlaw (c)
10. Russell
11. Seymour
12. Dunbar
13. Jones (Can't see him being match fit, but I have serious doubts about Matt Scott's defence, so start Taylor with angel to bench)
14. Maitland
15. Hogg

16. Reid
17. Brown
18. Fagerson
19. Gilchrist
20. Bradbury
21. Price
22. Taylor
23. Visser

The main area of concern is the backrow.  Wilson starts, but you will never hear me say he is international class, and Barclay, despite being a good player, gives away physicality against the best 6's in the business.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 11 Jan 2017, 5:08 pm

oh dear. Jimbo has been trying to use the quote function again
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 11 Jan 2017, 5:18 pm

George Carlin wrote:Just realised that Hamish Watson signed a 2 year Edinburgh extension. 

As you were...

PS - Who downvoted me??

One of them might be me. When the functionality first appeared I tested it to see what happens, and I just so happened to use one of your posts, and chose to dislike it. All completely random I assure you....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 11 Jan 2017, 5:20 pm

tigertattie wrote:oh dear. Jimbo has been trying to use the quote function again

I think it's sweet. It reminds me of watching my grandmother trying to send a text message.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Wed 11 Jan 2017, 5:26 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
tigertattie wrote:oh dear. Jimbo has been trying to use the quote function again

I think it's sweet. It reminds me of watching my grandmother trying to send a text message.

One day he will get it right, only to be confused by different fonts...

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 12 Jan 2017, 9:37 am

[quote="Riskysports"]
funnyExiledScot wrote:

One day he will get it right, only to be confused by different fonts...

I mean really. How can you mess up doing a quote? It's almost as bad as not good grammar and peeple who can't spell property!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 13 Jan 2017, 10:22 am

Al Dickinson ruled out of the 6N opener, which in my mind rules him out of the first 2 games at least as we can't throw him straight back in with no prior gametime. Hopefully he'll return for Edinburgh's game in the 6N break week.

Apparently it is a new injury - he injured his foot against Glasgow.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 13 Jan 2017, 10:45 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Al Dickinson ruled out of the 6N opener, which in my mind rules him out of the first 2 games at least as we can't throw him straight back in with no prior gametime. Hopefully he'll return for Edinburgh's game in the 6N break week.

Apparently it is a new injury - he injured his foot against Glasgow.

damn those unwashed ruffians!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 13 Jan 2017, 1:24 pm

Dickinson being injured is not the worst thing in the world. He is not getting any younger and this will allow the next generation, Allen,Dell and Sutherland if he is over his injury to step up. If they play the way they did in the Autumn, he may struggle to get back in.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 13 Jan 2017, 1:56 pm

WP Nel returns for Edinburgh.

No sign of Duncan Taylor in the Sarries squad.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 13 Jan 2017, 2:00 pm

So with Nel back and Bennett kinda falling off the pedestal of late, is Nel the new angel
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 13 Jan 2017, 2:03 pm

tigertattie wrote:So with Nel back and Bennett kinda falling off the pedestal of late, is Nel the new angel  

Not really, the angel name was assigned to Bennett very early on before he really broke through properly - mainly because he was from Ayr!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 13 Jan 2017, 2:23 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:

No sign of Duncan Taylor in the Sarries squad.

He is probably not in the euro squad as he was injured from the start of the season. Does not look like he will get a lot of game time prior to the start of the 6N.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 3:33 pm

Glad Nel's back, hopefully he's fit and is quickly back in to his typical game. In many ways he could be our crucial player this 6Ns, even more so than Russell. I'll be watching Bath v Bristol on BT this evening, unfortunately Hastings isn't in the Bath squad but Mitch Eadie starts at 8 for Bristol so a good chance to see what he could add to the back-row selection mix.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 13 Jan 2017, 3:43 pm

Taylor did play 20 minutes against Exeter. Bosch came on for the injured 13 (can't remember who it was) after 20 minutes. He was taken off in a tactical sub for Taylor at the hour mark. Fair to say Taylor is still getting back into the groove that they could not trust him to play an hour.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next