The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Donald Trump Incredulity Thread

+49
ShahenshahG
rIck_dAgless
Derbymanc
navyblueshorts
Hero
beshocked
Geen sport voor watjes
Hood83
ChequeredJersey
Taylorman
Exiledinborders
Shifty
clivemcl
Rory_Gallagher
No 7&1/2
carpet baboon
wayne
Cardiff Dave
Notch
whocares
wolfball
mid_gen
TJ
Sin é
aucklandlaurie
king_carlos
bsando
theslosty
Golden
Tattie Scones RRN
WELL-PAST-IT
marty2086
profitius
Senlac
Pete330v2
MacKnocked-on
rapidsnowman
the-goon
SecretFly
BamBam
Biltong
mikey_dragon
tigertattie
lostinwales
Barney McGrew did it
Rugby Fan
Heaf
yappysnap
George Carlin
53 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

The Donald Trump Incredulity Thread - Page 17 Empty The Donald Trump Incredulity Thread

Post by George Carlin Wed 09 Nov 2016, 8:36 am

First topic message reminder :

I know that this doesn't relate to rugby, but feel free to say what you want about the 45th (and presumably final) president of the United States.

A man John Oliver once described as "a large clown made of dessicated foreskin and cotton candy".
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Donald Trump Incredulity Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Donald Trump Incredulity Thread

Post by SecretFly Fri 18 Nov 2016, 5:07 pm

OK

Yeah, I understand it pretty much how you understand it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

The Donald Trump Incredulity Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Donald Trump Incredulity Thread

Post by SecretFly Fri 18 Nov 2016, 6:18 pm

Well Trump is off to a start. And I like it. I like it lots. People getting high posts will not be allowed to be registered lobbyists and can't be lobbyists for five years after his term is over.

That's down my alley of very high priorities - getting those lobbyist basterdes away from undue influence over government policy. So Trump coming through there. Good man, Duck! Keep it up.

And there's one that certainly wouldn't have been on any Hillary Clinton list of priorities.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 18 Nov 2016, 6:56 pm

Agreed in that regard, lobbying in the USA is a total joke.

However, plenty will be very nervous at his appointment of Bannon and Sessions, plus the fact that his children seem to be taking some sort of role.

For me, Pence remains a bigger danger than Trump.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2016, 10:09 pm

Trump going after the lobbyists. Poacher turned gamekeeper.

Trump isn't in this for the good of the people. He's in it for himself. Maybe they all are. Could be a power trip for Trump, but what does he do with that power? Will he really attack the establishment that has served him so well? Trump is no politician, but he does understand big business/Wall Street and greed.

I don't like Bannon, but Bannon is anti-establishment. It will be interesting to see the direction they take over the next year, or so. If Trump is true to his word, it will be bloody, but I don't believe for a moment that any President is powerful enough to take on the establishment. I would love to be proven wrong though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 18 Nov 2016, 10:32 pm

So far he has picked:

A guy that was too racist to be a judge in the 1980s to head the DoJ. The same guy that has called civil rights groups "communist and un-American". A guy that also advocates the use of torture.

He's picked another torture fan to be head of the CIA. Great.

Yet another torture fan has been named National Security Adviser.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 18 Nov 2016, 10:36 pm

3 down, 72 to go.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38021820

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 18 Nov 2016, 10:48 pm

"During the election campaign, Mr Trump was criticised for saying that the California judge hearing the case could not be impartial because he is of Mexican heritage."

You literally couldn't make it up.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 18 Nov 2016, 10:57 pm

Pr4wn wrote:So far he has picked:

A guy that was too racist to be a judge in the 1980s to head the DoJ. The same guy that has called civil rights groups "communist and un-American". A guy that also advocates the use of torture.

Guantanamo Bay didn't close down on the 8 year watch of the liberal black President, Pr4. Why is that? Did he lose interest or lose the map?  
So what's the betting that that President has spent enough time of his own in the advisory company of a good few torture fans.  Someone has to administer that place and a President got to pick them.
Didn't Hillary herself make a nice laughing joke about the queasy gruesome torturous murder of Gadaffi, who the Americans pinpointed for the mob and let them at it?  But yeah, He was a Bad man so torture is okay there.  
Didn't Hillary herself sit in on the documented over-kill of Bin Laden 'We gotcha!' snuff movie? Remember the pic of the Pres, her and others looking in?  "I don't want to look but .... I wanta look"  But he also was a Bad man, so that blood lust wasn't too bad either.
And what are the hundreds of thousands of Syrians rushing out of their country for?  Rushing to get away from ISIS torturers, and Russian backed torturers and Syrian Government backed torturers and ...yeah, American backed torturers.

Like I keep saying, Trump hasn't invented it all.  This isn't Day One of Hell.  Lots of people have already went to their deaths screaming - and many of them under the administration of the present, liberal, black President.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 18 Nov 2016, 11:12 pm

The hardest worked - and hopelessly worked - member of the Obama administration was poor John Kerry, the man who must be absolutely sick of airline food.  

From one Nation to the next on Obama's endless 'maybe' errands.  Off a plane, onto a plane to get on another one to be in time to get off it.  A thankless, pointless circle of useless trips to bestow on the foreign leaders Obama's lack of a firm answer just yet to anything.  "Maybe next week, I'll have some solid news for you folks. This is, yet again, just another fact finder delay-game trip."

Trump - make peace with the Democrats... even a little bit, and do one more unexpected thing - ask Kerry to do the same job for you, because I believe had he something solid to say from his boss, he'd get a lot done.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 19 Nov 2016, 3:06 am

Wow fly you really are part of the whitelash too.

Your old ma must be so proud.

I know you know feck all about the USA other than what you read in the Croydon Advertiser but if you ever move over you'd fit right in down in old Alabama.

Lynchin' and grits, guns and bible folks, you can even have your own rocking chair on the porch, you'd be a King! Swamp monsters love flies.

Last edited by Gwlad on Sat 19 Nov 2016, 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 19 Nov 2016, 3:16 am

Pr4wn wrote:"During the election campaign, Mr Trump was criticised for saying that the California judge hearing the case could not be impartial because he is of Mexican heritage."

You literally couldn't make it up.

Well he has a point. I expect most Mexicans would like to string the Muppet up. I'd be happy to hold their coats.

My theory is loosely as follows; he'll build a fence (using cheap Mexican labour), destroy the US economy, cause some wars, drop a nuke and cause WW3. With my dying breath I will at least know i was right and croak knowing that at the very least all his hair has been burned off. I'd settle for that.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 19 Nov 2016, 3:32 am

SecretFly wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:So far he has picked:

Guantanamo Bay didn't close down on the 8 year watch of the liberal black President, Pr4.  Why is that?  Did he lose interest or lose the map?  
So what's the betting that that President has spent enough time of his own in the advisory company of a good few torture fans.  Someone has to administer that place and a President got to pick them.
Didn't Hillary herself make a nice laughing joke about the queasy gruesome torturous murder of Gadaffi, who the Americans pinpointed for the mob and let them at it?  But yeah, He was a Bad man so torture is okay there.  
Didn't Hillary herself sit in on the documented over-kill of Bin Laden 'We gotcha!' snuff movie? Remember the pic of the Pres, her and others looking in?  "I don't want to look but .... I wanta look"  But he also was a Bad man, so that blood lust wasn't too bad either.
And what are the hundreds of thousands of Syrians rushing out of their country for?  Rushing to get away from ISIS torturers, and Russian backed torturers and Syrian Government backed torturers and ...yeah, American backed torturers.

Like I keep saying, Trump hasn't invented it all.  This isn't Day One of Hell.  Lots of people have already went to their deaths screaming - and many of them under the administration of the present, liberal, black President.

This really is Day one of Hell.

While you are desperate to polarize the issue by suggesting Obama has betrayed our collective notion of his innocence only a fool would suggests a President of 300 million wouldn't preside over some distasteful stuff. You've bitten down hard on the idea that because he is the first Black President he would be whiter than white.

I understand you better now because its clear you buy into that notion that a Black man shouldn't be able to lead and it explains why you've jumped on the Trumpwagon and are bay in' for blood with the rest of the deplorables. Obama failed you because you're an idealist in a man's world.

So now you've merrily trotted after your sheep friends and guess what, i hope Trump fails you too.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sat 19 Nov 2016, 6:55 am

So trump claimed he never settles. He said he would win easily. But I think the 25 million speaks volumes regarding his guilt in the case.

And Mr sessions has repeatedly tried to have the voters rights act repealed, prosecuted a man for helping black people register to vote, and voted against the violence against women act.

All round nice guy

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sat 19 Nov 2016, 7:09 am

Also as I have seen it mentioned here there seems to be concern about Clinton's foundation and it may have overlapped with some of her SOS work. Yet the sh*t gibbon owes millions to a Chinese state bank but no one seems to think that could influence his foreign policy toward China,

Have to say that orange lunatic is pulling off the greatest shafting in the history of shafting and he's got most the people he's going to destroy cheering him on. If it wasn't for the fact he's a horrific horrific excuses of a human who it would seem will plunge to any depths to line his pockets, I may of given him some begrudging respect. Instead I shall wait a few years till he's pleading for loose change on street corners claiming he was taken advantage of, and he didnt realise that the team he assembled hated blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, women, the poor, the sick, homosexuals and anyone else who wasn't just like them, and i shall possibly give him the steam from my pi*s

Last edited by carpet baboon on Sat 19 Nov 2016, 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bloody spelling)

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 19 Nov 2016, 8:25 am

He is not a dictator..

He has Congressmen and Senators that want to get re-elected...

He isn’t in the loop either...Like an LBJ..

Only three GOP Senators need to vote against him to block legislation and Rubio.. Graham and Cruz have axes to grind..

Stop over reacting..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sat 19 Nov 2016, 8:48 am

He may not be a dictator.

It may only take 3 gop senators to vote against him.

But I'm judging him on what he has said and who he is putting in places of power and influence.

So I'm not over reacting I'm looking at an arseh#le and I'm happy to call him an arseh#le that is surrounding himself with arseh*les.

Your free to disagree

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2016, 1:21 pm

carpet baboon wrote:He may not be a dictator.

It may only take 3 gop senators to vote against him.

But I'm judging him on what he has said and who he is putting in places of power and influence.

So I'm not over reacting I'm looking at an arseh#le and I'm happy to call him an arseh#le that is surrounding himself with arseh*les.

Your free to disagree

Well, actions speak louder than words, and what I'm reading is that Sessions prosecuted a member of the Alabama KKK for murder. Sessions was successful and Hays got the Chair.

I'm also reading that Sessions bankrupt the Alabama KKK as a result of the same murder trail.

And then we have news of how Sessions filed cases to desegregated schools.

Sessions also has the support of the U.S. Civil Rights Commissioner.

Lastly, the story of Sessions alleged racists comments are very much disputed. There's probably much more to that story.

Seems to be two sides to this story. Not a surprise I suppose  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 19 Nov 2016, 1:27 pm

Trump's success will mirror the economy.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 19 Nov 2016, 3:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Trump's success will mirror the economy.

and state, my guess is he will eft it up abroad

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 19 Nov 2016, 3:54 pm

Nixon only beat Humphrey by a wafer-thin margin in 68....Humphrey was VP to Johnson and it was at the height of the calamitous vietnam war...

Trump will be judged on his economic record.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 19 Nov 2016, 4:36 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Nixon only beat Humphrey by a wafer-thin margin in 68....Humphrey  was VP to Johnson and it was at the height of the calamitous vietnam war...

Sorry but you misunderstand the history, Nixon won because he promised a route out of the most disastrous war the USA had ever been involved in at the time and Nixon deliberately delayed attempts by The Dems to end the war so that he could offer to do it as President. Slim victory or not he played it brilliantly.

While i agree that Trump's economic record will be crucial - every leader's is so the point is somewhat irrelevant - its his handling of foreign affairs that will really measure whether he makes America great again. The USA is a militant nation that likes war and whose economy depends on it so the two are inextricably linked.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 19 Nov 2016, 5:03 pm

Fly you wouldn't know this yet as i doubt the Croydon Advertiser comes out on Saturday but last night Pence left a Broadway show tail between his legs after the cast made a polite statement of concern about equality of right at the curtain.

Trump bit down and called it as rude and harassment and that the cast must apologize.

That's a cool headed man with sound judgment you've got there.

What's he going to do when Russia trys to take Estonia?

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sat 19 Nov 2016, 6:03 pm

Didn't Obama try numerous times to close Guantanamo but he was blocked by Republican houses?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 19 Nov 2016, 8:23 pm

Gwlad wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Nixon only beat Humphrey by a wafer-thin margin in 68....Humphrey  was VP to Johnson and it was at the height of the calamitous vietnam war...

Sorry but you misunderstand the history, Nixon won because he promised a route out of the most disastrous war the USA had ever been involved in at the time and Nixon deliberately delayed attempts by The Dems to end the war so that he could offer to do it as President. Slim victory or not he played it brilliantly.

While i agree that Trump's economic record will be crucial - every leader's is so the point is somewhat irrelevant - its his handling of foreign affairs that will really measure whether he makes America great again. The USA is a militant nation that likes war and whose economy depends on it so the two are inextricably linked.

I don't misunderstand history......Nixon sneaked in against a candidate soiled by the most disastrous war in US history.......(Foreign war...The civil war was worse)

If foreign affairs was so important he'd have won a landslide....

Nixon 43.4%....................Humphrey 42.7%

LBJ took steps to limit the war...Not to stop it..

Anyway Churchill was leader on VE day May 45 and lost a landslide to Attlee in July.......Guess foreign affairs didn't count for much then either..

Obama had control of the senate in his first term......Don't blame the GOP Pr4wn....for Guantanimo staying open..

Look on the brightside guys...........The last President from New York as corrupt as Trump... was.. Chester Arthur (1880s...Took over when Garfield was shot at the Washington Train station..First President to be assassinated!!)

He was later known as "The power uncorrupted"...Because he sorted out the civil service and his reign was squeaky clean..... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17