The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Trump Presidency

+31
Mind the windows Tino.
the-goon2
Good Golly I'm Olly
Luke
tigertattie
Cyril
Beer
rIck_dAgless
BamBam
TwisT
TRUSSMAN66
Dolphin Ziggler
Afro
kingraf
lostinwales
Pr4wn
superflyweight
the-goon
GSC
JuliusHMarx
Soul Requiem
dyrewolfe
Pie
Luckless Pedestrian
Duty281
dummy_half
Samo
navyblueshorts
It Must Be Love
SecretFly
Pal Joey
35 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Trump Presidency Empty The Trump Presidency

Post by Pal Joey Tue 09 Jul 2019, 11:50 am

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Just between us few on here... I have a feeling the Queen likes Trump.

Don't ask me to explain why but their body language seemed to be in a sort of comfortable harmony when they stood beside each other in June or whenever it was. And I think he quite likes all of that pomp and ceremony... as someone who likes being the centre of attention would.

He's a cross between a court jester and a village idiot so she would love him. Probably lets him run round the grounds with the corgis.

Laugh

Yes... and also the fact that he has just a touch of olde worlde charm (probably brutally drummed into him from the NY Military Academy) despite his apparently frightening unpredictability in this day and age.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by SecretFly Tue 09 Jul 2019, 11:54 am

Galted wrote:
He's a cross between a court jester and a village idiot so she would love him. Probably lets him run round the grounds with the corgis.

Oh no!  The Horror!  Auld Trump might have a unexpectedly good nose for scenting out a buried bone/body or three.

Nope, let him shine the Silverware instead.  We know he likes looking at himself so the job would be a good one.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 09 Jul 2019, 11:57 am

Can you imagine him making small talk with Prince Phillip? I reckon they would have had a good laugh or three about the olde dayes... even though Trump doesn't drink... and I suspect Phil still enjoys a good snort.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 09 Jul 2019, 12:00 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

Well maybe "likes" is not the word but I reckon she would find him entertaining and kind of an interesting character to hang around with.

Come on, Joey, don't be shy. What you really mean is that when she looks at Trump she sees her husband, old Philip, the paragon of all virtues one might attribute to Donald.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 09 Jul 2019, 12:00 pm

Ha! Ha! Beat me to it...great minds and all that....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Wed 10 Jul 2019, 7:56 pm

If Trump is really anti-establishment, then why does he appoint lobbyists and special interests to powerful positions in regulation and accountability?

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 11 Jul 2019, 10:02 am

It Must Be Love wrote:If Trump is really anti-establishment, then why does he appoint lobbyists and special interests to powerful positions in regulation and accountability?
Because everything he says is BS? If you view what he does through an assumption of self-interest, you're probably pretty much there I would think.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 11 Jul 2019, 1:15 pm

Trump is the Establishment....But he was a non politician who funded his own campaign after the last four years of gridlock under Obama....Obama had two GOP houses blocking everything and a struggling Economy..

The Democrats also picked the most corrupt candidate since Warren Harding to fight him..

Trump got lucky....May get lucky again if the Democrats choose poorly..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 15 Jul 2019, 3:10 pm

Are there still any doubts Trump is a massive racist? I feel thats a description we can use now without being accused of libel.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 15 Jul 2019, 4:50 pm

Samo wrote:Are there still any doubts Trump is a massive racist?  I feel thats a description we can use now without being accused of libel.

The 'go back to where you came from' reminds me of Lenny Henry's response - Why would I go back to Dudley?

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 16 Jul 2019, 1:31 pm

We seem to have a President that doesn't understand that White people weren't the first People to settle in North America...

Not just ignorant but thick as well...Please choose well Democrats..

Biden.....52 - 42 Trump
Sanders..51 - 43 Trump
Warren.. 48 - 44 Trump
Harris.... 45 - 44 Trump

Make the right choice

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 16 Jul 2019, 1:41 pm

Do you have the Buttigieg vs Trump numbers? He'd crush Trump, unless there were enough homophobes to swing the election.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 16 Jul 2019, 2:04 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Please choose well Democrats..

Make the right choice

Not a single Democrat candidate will defeat Trump, so there isn't really a right or a wrong choice they can make.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 16 Jul 2019, 2:15 pm

Duty281 wrote:

Make the right choice

Not a single Democrat candidate will defeat Trump, so there isn't really a right or a wrong choice they can make.
Duty are you a fan of Trump?

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 16 Jul 2019, 2:27 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Make the right choice

Duty are you a fan of Trump?

Not especially.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 16 Jul 2019, 2:52 pm

Duty281 wrote:

Make the right choice

Well that's it then....Wouldn't want to question a guy that predicted May would win a massive landslide two years ago..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 16 Jul 2019, 2:55 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:Do you have the Buttigieg vs Trump numbers? He'd crush Trump, unless there were enough homophobes to swing the election.

Sadly he is running so far behind the others they seem to leave him out of these things...Hard for him...

Harris is the Establishment choice......Warren and Biden have machines behind them and Bernie has his own groupies...

Not much room for anyone else to get the attention or money they need to get momentum..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 16 Jul 2019, 3:14 pm

I do agree that it is likely Trump gets re-elected.

-Harris' laywer-y style is not well suited to take on Trump. She'd come across as annoying while trying to probe Trump's hot air.
-Sanders would likely lose as the GOP will go into overdrive trying to convince everyone he's a communist. I think Americans would be susceptible to this propaganda campaign.
-Warren vs Trump would win as the focus would be on the Pocahontas issue, and how Warren lied on her application forms. Trump has done so much worse, so often, but people have lower expectations of him. Crazy double standards.
-Buttigeig would really humiliate Trump in the debates. His line of him fighting for the US military while Trump was a draft dodger will hurt Trump badly. However if enough swing voters are homophobic, Trump could win. It's a 5050.
-Biden's 'Uncle Joe' persona is perfect to beat Trump. However recently he seems to be lacking energy, and seems to be past his best as a communicator. I think he'd narrowly beat Trump, however I don't see him winning the Democrat primary as he'll getting torn apart by better candidates in every debate.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 16 Jul 2019, 3:34 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:I do agree that it is likely Trump gets re-elected.

-Harris' laywer-y style is not well suited to take on Trump. She'd come across as annoying while trying to probe Trump's hot air.
-Sanders would likely lose as the GOP will go into overdrive trying to convince everyone he's a communist. I think Americans would be susceptible to this propaganda campaign.
-Warren vs Trump would win as the focus would be on the Pocahontas issue, and how Warren lied on her application forms. Trump has done so much worse, so often, but people have lower expectations of him. Crazy double standards.
-Buttigeig would really humiliate Trump in the debates. His line of him fighting for the US military while Trump was a draft dodger will hurt Trump badly. However if enough swing voters are homophobic, Trump could win. It's a 5050.
-Biden's 'Uncle Joe' persona is perfect to beat Trump. However recently he seems to be lacking energy, and seems to be past his best as a communicator. I think he'd narrowly beat Trump, however I don't see him winning the Democrat primary as he'll getting torn apart by better candidates in every debate.

You have to remember Clinton lost because she couldn't get out the black vote in States she lost by a slim margin.......When you consider former Clinton policies like three strikes and you are out...and factor in her calling young blacks "Super predators" back in the day you can see why..

Trump won last time by narrowly winning the rust belt states...This time a Democrat only needs to peel off say Pennsylvania and Michigan which should have been in the bag last time, to win...Trump isn't polling well in the rust belt where Economic recovery is slowest though he will carry Florida again as they have seen good growth..

I think the Democrats should be winning this Election and that is a reflection on Trump who has good Economic numbers to play with..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 16 Jul 2019, 3:38 pm

Also, Hillary Clinton didn't set foot in Wisconsin, which is incredible. You don't deserve to win a state if you take its support for granted to that extent. The next Democrat candidate won't be nearly as complacent.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 16 Jul 2019, 3:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Make the right choice

Well that's it then....Wouldn't want to question a guy that predicted May would win a massive landslide two years ago..

Don't recall that. Wasn't posting on here for about a year between around August 2016 and months after the 2017 GE had finished.

But even if I did, I'm pretty comfortable with my overall record of making political predictions (made loads of bunce over the past few years on politics, Brexit and Trump in 2016 being the pinnacle of that!),

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 16 Jul 2019, 3:49 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:Buttigeig would really humiliate Trump in the debates. His line of him fighting for the US military while Trump was a draft dodger will hurt Trump badly. However if enough swing voters are homophobic, Trump could win. It's a 5050.

I think it would come down to a lot more than homophobia. He might humiliate Trump in the debates, but I think it would make little overall difference.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 16 Jul 2019, 3:53 pm

Duty281 wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:Buttigeig would really humiliate Trump in the debates. His line of him fighting for the US military while Trump was a draft dodger will hurt Trump badly. However if enough swing voters are homophobic, Trump could win. It's a 5050.

I think it would come down to a lot more than homophobia. He might humiliate Trump in the debates, but I think it would make little overall difference.
Buttigieg is eloquent, more charismatic than trump, and knows more policy detail. He’d also keep using the military vs draft dodger line which negates trumps tough guy approach. How could Trump fight against that?

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 16 Jul 2019, 3:59 pm

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 16 Jul 2019, 4:06 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Buttigieg is eloquent, more charismatic than trump, and knows more policy detail. He’d also keep using the military vs draft dodger line which negates trumps tough guy approach. How could Trump fight against that?

I bet the majority of Americans are more eloquent and more knowledgeable about policy detail than Trump!

Trump is an exceptional campaigner, hits the right message with enough voters, plays the media game better than anyone I've ever seen, and is the incumbent. No negative line on Trump seems to stick, whether it's draft dodging or tax dodging or a hundred and one other things that get brought against him.

Either way, I don't think Buttigieg will win the Democratic nomination, polling at around 5% and a long way behind the frontrunners, so it's all fairly academic for now.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Pie Tue 16 Jul 2019, 4:10 pm

The Dems will miss the point again

They'll argue trump lies and uses fake stats

And in doing so play right into his hands

NOBODY CARES....they care about him taking on the establishment, they care about a white America where, in order to have the Aemrican dream, others must be seen to be suffering and marginalized

Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 16 Jul 2019, 4:17 pm

Duty281 wrote:Trump is an exceptional campaigner, hits the right message with enough voters, plays the media game better than anyone I've ever seen, and is the incumbent.
Fair points.

Duty281 wrote:No negative line on Trump seems to stick, whether it's draft dodging or tax dodging or a hundred and one other things that get brought against him.
I think the draft dodging point vs someone who has served in the military would seriously damage Trump.
Also I don't believe that nothing sticks on Trump. He was behind in the General Election against Hillary, only when the Comey investigation was announced, did he catch up in the polls to within margin of error. And then Hillary won the popular vote, but Trump edged the key swing states. So it's all very close.

Duty281 wrote:Either way, I don't think Buttigieg will win the Democratic nomination, polling at around 5% and a long way behind the frontrunners, so it's all fairly academic for now.
True, which is a shame. He seems to be the most reasonable and intelligent candidate out there.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 16 Jul 2019, 4:45 pm

Buttgieg's time will come.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 17 Jul 2019, 9:23 am

Trump isn't an exceptional campaigner.  He has a machine behind him.  The joke - and it'll be seen as an epic joke when the history of this time is written - is that he's a witless idiot, tripping and stumbling through his Presidency with not a clue what to do or who to hire.  

The Democrats.... and suitably concerned Republicans - (the corrupt and criminal are on both sides of the aisle) are terrified of the machine operating behind Trump who is the public face that draws all media attention on to himself gleefully;that being his very role.

From day one, terror at what this man's election was capable of was heavy enough to be smellable across a TV screen - from Clintons, to 'entertainment' stars, to the news anchors to Congress and Senate.  And so it has turned out to be for them.  All their social warrior 'soldiers' on the street didn't work, the pissgate setup didn't work, their 24hour media blitzes didn't work, the Russian compiracy didn't work, Democratic hatchetman Mueller didn't work, Pelosi isn't working and Shiff isn't working.
The Trump Administration kept moving, kept to their plan.  All escape routes methodically being destroyed, from a corrupted and compromised FBI and CIA, to corrupt funding streams, to a corrupted judiciary.  Resignations, retirements, sackings.... all the tools that were in situ to eternally cloud and hide the truth, crumbling before their eyes.  Even 'safe' harbours of runaway exile are being cut off one by one.

Tick tock.... a standard watch.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 17 Jul 2019, 10:30 am

So just to clarify: everyone opposed to Trump is corrupt? Really?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 17 Jul 2019, 2:02 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:So just to clarify: everyone opposed to Trump is corrupt? Really?
Where's the tinfoil?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 17 Jul 2019, 3:02 pm

dummy_half wrote:
Samo wrote:Are there still any doubts Trump is a massive racist?  I feel thats a description we can use now without being accused of libel.

The 'go back to where you came from' reminds me of Lenny Henry's response - Why would I go back to Dudley?

That was my first thought, given that 3 of the women were actually born in the US and the other moved there as a kid. More of an idiotic comment, than offensive IMO.

Though I suppose he wasn't wrong when he said their home country was a mess and needed fixing. Laugh
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 17 Jul 2019, 3:08 pm

The defence that Trump and people like Lindsey Graham have made of the tweets - that they were written because the Congresswomen concerned are socialists, or even communists -  was sunk rather well by someone on Twitter who said that if that was the case, why hadn't Trump previously called on Bernie Sanders, who really can be described as a socialist, to go back where he came from? chin

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pie Wed 17 Jul 2019, 3:53 pm

Worse he gets more popular he is with The Base

Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Jul 2019, 11:29 am

Thought the Democrats wanted to impeach Trump .......?

The Republicans made it easy for them.  I think more of them voted to have the vote on Impeahment than the majority Dems.  

Thought they had their ammo all lined up for years.  Thought the time to get rid of this guy was long overdue.

332 - 95?

They get their chance to make the BIG statement and ran the other way.  Why?

They're waiting for juicier dirt to come in on Trump to make the final take down sweeter?  

Or they see the strong support for Trump's administration despite, and in spite of the negative drone of the Democratic press, they see the crowds at Trump rallies, they see his popularity rating go up instead of down, they see their champion Google under intense pressure to explain their active censor bias in the present and more importantly during the 2016 election campaign, they see El Chappo losing his liberty (once again) but more importantly losing his 'financier' influence (the guy obviously spent millions to make billions - nod nod, wink, wink)....... and they worry about the possible effect of an Impeachment vote on their careers?

Why deny their Democratic voters an Impeachment?  Their voters want this joker out.  Let's give your voter base what they want Nancy - impeach this lunatic.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Jul 2019, 11:34 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:The defence that Trump and people like Lindsey Graham have made of the tweets - that they were written because the Congresswomen concerned are socialists, or even communists -  was sunk rather well by someone on Twitter who said that if that was the case, why hadn't Trump previously called on Bernie Sanders, who really can be described as a socialist, to go back where he came from? chin

Because Trump knows Bernie is a joker. Bernie has made his fortune being a socialist in the least socialist Nation on the planet. Trump has a fondness for smart people OK

Maybe the four musketeers are jokers too? Republican plants to rock Nancy's boat? She's certainly having the time of her life trying to control them. She's never worked harder. Good woman. Earning at last.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 18 Jul 2019, 11:47 am

SecretFly wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:The defence that Trump and people like Lindsey Graham have made of the tweets - that they were written because the Congresswomen concerned are socialists, or even communists -  was sunk rather well by someone on Twitter who said that if that was the case, why hadn't Trump previously called on Bernie Sanders, who really can be described as a socialist, to go back where he came from? chin

Because Trump knows Bernie is a joker.  Bernie has made his fortune being a socialist in the least socialist Nation on the planet.  Trump has a fondness for smart people OK

Maybe the four musketeers are jokers too?  Republican plants to rock Nancy's boat?  She's certainly having the time of her life trying to control them.  She's never worked harder.  Good woman.  Earning at last.

Why does everything need to be a conspiracy? Or is it just easier to come up with a conspiracy than consider that these are simply four principled Congresswomen who have been targeted by the president because of their ethnic background?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 18 Jul 2019, 1:04 pm

Sweeping chants of "Send her back!" at Trumps rally in North Carolina. This is Trumps legacy, racism has been normalised again.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 18 Jul 2019, 1:20 pm

White American forgetting that he too is an immigrant in a country where his ancestors slaughtered the indigenous population while enslaving forced African immigrants.

Well I say his ancestors but he's a third generation German immigrant himself.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:04 pm

Yeah but they were white. That's fine. German, Italian, Scandinavian - no problem.

If your ancestors came from good, white countries, you can criticise Trump's America and sure he'll hit back, but he won't ask you to leave.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:33 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Because Trump knows Bernie is a joker.  Bernie has made his fortune being a socialist in the least socialist Nation on the planet.  Trump has a fondness for smart people OK

Maybe the four musketeers are jokers too?  Republican plants to rock Nancy's boat?  She's certainly having the time of her life trying to control them.  She's never worked harder.  Good woman.  Earning at last.

Why does everything need to be a conspiracy? Or is it just easier to come up with a conspiracy than consider that these are simply four principled Congresswomen who have been targeted by the president because of their ethnic background? Do you really think Trump would be asking them to leave the country if the four of them were of Italian heritage, or Dutch, or Swiss?

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy? Trump has spent well over two years of his Presidency fighting one.  So you tell me.  
Is it only deemed a 'conspiracy' when Democrats declare one and get their opinion backed up by Saintly Google platforms of pure approved thought and opinion?  

No, I very much doubt that Trump would have invited those of Italian, Dutch or Swiss heritage to leave ......unless they identified themselves specifically under their ethnic or religious banners whilst failing to condemn Al Qaeda, Antifa fascist boot boots and a guy who tried to firebomb an ICE base.  When you rush to condemn a man who suggests you are free a leave a country you don't seem to respect but hold off on specific acts and actors of terrorism, then your mock outrage loses impact somewhat.  Your duplicity annoys a good section of American society - who after all have their own rich heritages informing their beliefs about the country they also call home - German, Irish, Jew, RUSSIAN, Anglo, Christian, Hindu, etc; as was proved in Trump's ratings after tweets and the failure of the foursome to get their very own colleagues interested in the Impeach vote.

The four can say what they like, (or refuse to say what they don't want to say).  Good luck to them. It's their constitutional right in the Country they call home - if not exactly a Google right  Whistle The President can also say what he likes.  "Oh no he can't! - impeach him!"

And there remains a very real possibility that at least one of them is a plant Wink   I never give up the scent.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:46 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Yeah but they were white. That's fine. German, Italian, Scandinavian - no problem.

If your ancestors came from good, white countries, you can criticise Trump's America and sure he'll hit back, but he won't ask you to leave.

Wasn't decidedlywhite Piers Morgan shipped unceremoniously back to the UK (in rabid US opinion terms anyway) when he was seen to be an getting a little too smug at criticising the culture, government and rights of his hosts. I remember seeing many comments on his more volatile opinions and smirks directly telling him to go back home. Get out. If you don't like our lifestyle and political choices...clear off.

Wasn't that the gist of it, if you recall that period? Yep it was.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:50 pm

Piers Morgan isn't an American citizen.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 18 Jul 2019, 3:08 pm

Samo wrote:Sweeping chants of "Send her back!" at Trumps rally in North Carolina.  This is Trumps legacy, racism has been normalised again.

To be fair her downplaying of 9/11 leaves me with little sympathy for her......However I think Ocasio Cortez is great..

But this Lady isn't for me....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Jul 2019, 3:13 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Piers Morgan isn't an American citizen.

He's a white European with a fondness for Donald Trump. And he was told to sling his hook if he didn't like American 'values'.

Plus, that was Trump's bunch that was mostly telling him so. They don't care what colour you are or from what heritage...if you get too lippy in the criticisms of centuries old traditions and beliefs expect the onslaught.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 18 Jul 2019, 3:22 pm

SecretFly wrote:

He's a white European with a fondness for Donald Trump.  And he was told to sling his hook if he didn't like American 'values'.

Plus, that was Trump's bunch that was mostly telling him so.  They don't care what colour you are or from what heritage...if you get too lippy in the criticisms of centuries old traditions and beliefs expect the onslaught.

Selective bollox......Morgan was told to sling it for being a bleeding heart Liberal when he took over the Larry King show....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 18 Jul 2019, 3:22 pm

But there's a difference between 'Trump's bunch' (I doubt Trump was among them, but I don't know for certain) suggesting a British TV presenter leave the country, and the country's president saying that American citizens should leave the country. A world of difference.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Jul 2019, 3:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Samo wrote:Sweeping chants of "Send her back!" at Trumps rally in North Carolina.  This is Trumps legacy, racism has been normalised again.

To be fair her downplaying of 9/11 leaves me with little sympathy for her......However I think Ocasio Cortez is great..

But this Lady isn't for me....

Isn't it amazing how we all think and the ideas go all over the place into unlikely realms.  For example, Omar is the only genuine person Trump's tweet could be directed at with any degree of accuracy in the going back to her own country context.  She's the only one that was born abroad.

I actually think in the detail of her 911 comment that she was quite right to word it the way she did: "some people did something".

How right she is there and I applaud her for saying so.  A few white Americans and to put it bluntly, non-Muslims, were probably shifting uneasily in their seats when they heard it.  Good woman, Omar.... but try not to antagonise your country folk so much and more of them might even get to like and vote for you.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Jul 2019, 3:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

He's a white European with a fondness for Donald Trump.  And he was told to sling his hook if he didn't like American 'values'.

Plus, that was Trump's bunch that was mostly telling him so.  They don't care what colour you are or from what heritage...if you get too lippy in the criticisms of centuries old traditions and beliefs expect the onslaught.

Selective bollox......Morgan was told to sling it for being a bleeding heart Liberal when he took over the Larry King show....

Exactly. You remember it well.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 18 Jul 2019, 3:38 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:But there's a difference between 'Trump's bunch' (I doubt Trump was among them, but I don't know for certain) suggesting a British TV presenter leave the country, and the country's president saying that American citizens should leave the country. A world of difference.

He said they can go if they want to.  His point was, they or their families weren't too shy about making America home, for reasons obvious to all who have ever migrated there,  but who then try to gain political leverage by crying about all its ills.

It's politics.

Make America Great Again' = Racist Hate Speech
'America is a Racist Schidthole = Aspirational Socialist Realism.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next