The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso

+11
RDW
Senlac
cakeordeath
jimbopip
mikey_dragon
Eejit
IanBru
funnyExiledScot
tigertattie
des
Hazel Sapling
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who will win?

Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso Vote_lcap53%Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 8 ]
Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso Vote_lcap27%Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 4 ]
Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso Vote_lcap20%Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso Empty Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 27 Oct 2016, 10:20 am

Glasgow vs Treviso

Warriors solitary defeat at Scotstoun in the Championship since September 2015 being when Ulster were the visitors in round 4 of this campaign.

The Scotsmen have won their last twenty matches against Italian opponents since their reversal to Treviso at Firhill in September 2011.

Benetton Rugby Treviso’s only win so far this season was 27-11 at home to Newport Gwent Dragons on 23 September.

Treviso are without a victory outside of Italy since round 22 of the 2012/13 season when they were successful at Scarlets.

The Warriors have won their last nine matches against Treviso, whilst the Italian’s most recent success in Scotland was when they beat Edinburgh at BT Murrayfield in October 2012.

Glasgow are leading the head to head 10 wins to 2

At Scotstoun Stadium, 7.35pm. Live on BBC Alba
Referee: David Wilkinson (IRFU, 46th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Sean Gallagher (IRFU), Kevin White (SRU)
Citing Commissioner: John Montgomery (SRU)
TMO: Kevin Beggs (IRFU)

Glasgow Team
Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso 6332fe1712629f1d4e4b814d1248920d

1) Alex Allan
2) MacArthur
3) Puafisi
4) Swinson
5) Gray
6) Strauss
7) Favaro
8) Wilson
9) Pyrgos
10) Russell
11) Hughes
12) Dunbar
13) Bennett
14) Seymour
15) Hogg

16) Flynn
17) Djustice
18) Rae
19) New Zealander
20) LangiLangi (American with neck tattoos)
21) Price
22) Horne
23) Jones

Also Glasgow are now trying a video approach like Edinburgh. The music is terrible and some of the players do not look normal (looking at you Ryan Wilson).

Treviso Team
Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso Diletta_Rizzo_Marin-Despina

1) Quaglio
2) Bigi
3) Ferrari
4) Gerosa
5) Fuser
6) Budd
7) Zanni
8) Steyn
9) Tebaldi
10) McKinley
11) Pratichetti
12) Sgarbi
13) Iannone
14) Odiete
15) Hayward

16) Giazzon
17) Zani
18) Pasquali
19) Minto
20) Barbini
21) Gori
22) Allan
23) Esposito

Last edited by Hazel Sapling on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:43 pm; edited 3 times in total

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso

Post by des Thu 27 Oct 2016, 10:34 am

What bam said Treviso?

I had to cancel my vote and re-do it in case it was me. It wasn't

des

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors vs Benetton Treviso

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 27 Oct 2016, 10:39 am

In fact 2 people voted for Treviso! Ambitious...really should have done the vote on which team mascot is preferred; Laura Fraser or the opera singer Diletta Rizzo Marin

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 27 Oct 2016, 11:28 am

4 votes for the Italians now! Such are the joys of polls, folk just say anything or pick the underdog for giggles
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 27 Oct 2016, 11:52 am

tigertattie wrote:4 votes for the Italians now! Such are the joys of polls, folk just say anything or pick the underdog for giggles

It's like Brexit all over again.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:04 pm

15. Hogg
14. Seymour
13. Bennett
12. Dunbar
11. Hughes
10. Russell
9. Pyrgos

1. Allan
2. MacArthur
3. Puafisi
4. Swinson
5. Gray
6. Strauss
7. Favaro
8. Wilson

16. Flynn
17. Sears-Deru
18. Rae
19. Alainu'uese
20. Haupeakui
21. Price
22. Horne
23. Jones

Very similar starting XV to the Munster game - interesting tactic by Toonie, giving the players a chance to show they don't have to play like utter w**kers.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:05 pm

Fecking hell thats some team he's named. Smells of exercising demons and putting the Munster result firmly in the past.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:06 pm

Strong first team out and several of the new international signings coming off the bench. Good to see Horne coming back in time to get some kind of build into the Aussie game. Think Glasgow will be massive favourites for 5 points on a dry, cold night tomorrow.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by des Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:25 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
tigertattie wrote:4 votes for the Italians now! Such are the joys of polls, folk just say anything or pick the underdog for giggles

You saying it's the Welsh boys?

des

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:29 pm

des wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Headscratch

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:34 pm

Well for sure it wasn't the Scots...
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by des Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:35 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
des wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Headscratch
Didn't Wales vote for Brexit?
Not intended to be malicious so apologies for any offence caused.

des

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:40 pm

des wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
des wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Headscratch
Didn't Wales vote for Brexit?
Not intended to be malicious so apologies for any offence caused.

I just don't think it was necessary to comment it here, as I read enough of it elsewhere - people literally moan about it everyday.

To answer your question, no. Some in Wales did, some didn't. I believe they released a graph on the day of the vote to show which areas had mostly voted for what and put it this way; on the day of the great result I witnessed plenty of liberal fools local to my area crying about it like little baby's.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by des Thu 27 Oct 2016, 1:45 pm

OK, so relative perspective is important here but I'm slightly perplexed by your derogatory use of "liberal".  Do you genuinely think liberalism is a bad thing?  You're not just confusing it with neo-liberalism?

Back on topic (sort of), do you think Treviso will win?

des

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 27 Oct 2016, 2:12 pm

Yes des, I've got Trump, Treviso and Tamburlaine The Great (UKIP leadership contest, since you ask) as a treble at Ladbrokes. I've already picked out my villa in Orlando.

Back on topic; it really is a question of when Toonie empties the bench. I'm predicting as soon as we're three scores ahead both second rows and Hoggie are off. Harley will go to lock with Naughty Boy (He's not the Messiah) and TwoLangi will go to 6. Selkirk Pixie to 15.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 27 Oct 2016, 2:33 pm

des wrote:OK, so relative perspective is important here but I'm slightly perplexed by your derogatory use of "liberal".  Do you genuinely think liberalism is a bad thing?  You're not just confusing it with neo-liberalism?

That's okay. I don't consider myself either of them but I've noticed that on the one side of the coin it's people who claim to be left-wing/liberal constantly acting very bigoted towards others who don't share all of their views - especially before, during and after the Brexit saga. I don't like those people but I accept that there are liberal people who don't conform to this behavior, nor harbor the view "I'm right and I'm tolerant and if you disagree then you're wrong, racist, etc." They make me feel like I can't express my views without being judged and vilified. In the past liberalism did a lot of good. Neo-liberalism is good in parts too - not going to be that specific as this isn't the Business and Economics forum. Also using the term 'liberal' isn't meant to be derogatory it's just how I, rightly or wrongly, refer to these folk. There is nothing malicious meant by it. It did seem that in the first instance you were having a pop at Wales because most of its voters voted a different way to most of Scotland's voters - which isn't an issue for me but maybe it is for you? I had a feeling someone mentioning Brexit might cause a stir and didn't really want to talk about it.

Back on topic - I voted for Treviso in the poll a few hours ago because I didn't think they would have many votes. I honestly believe that Glasgow will come away with a bonus point win.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 27 Oct 2016, 2:40 pm

jimbopip wrote:Yes des, I've got Trump, Treviso and Tamburlaine The Great (UKIP leadership contest, since you ask) as a treble at Ladbrokes. I've already picked out my villa in Orlando.

Back on topic; it really is a question of when Toonie empties the bench. I'm predicting as soon as we're three scores ahead both second rows and Hoggie are off. Harley will go to lock with Naughty Boy (He's not the Messiah) and TwoLangi will go to 6. Selkirk Pixie to 15.

If that came off, I expect rounds on you Jimbo.

Harley is unlikely to go to lock as he is not in the 23 at the moment. We will see the monstrous NZer come on for Gray and Swinson left on is my guess. Twolangi will get his first go and if he can be a big ball carrier for the last 20, that is all we need at the moment.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by des Thu 27 Oct 2016, 2:56 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
des wrote:OK, so relative perspective is important here but I'm slightly perplexed by your derogatory use of "liberal".  Do you genuinely think liberalism is a bad thing?  You're not just confusing it with neo-liberalism?

That's okay. I don't consider myself either of them but I've noticed that on the one side of the coin it's people who claim to be left-wing/liberal constantly acting very bigoted towards others who don't share all of their views - especially before, during and after the Brexit saga. I don't like those people but I accept that there are liberal people who don't conform to this behavior, nor harbor the view "I'm right and I'm tolerant and if you disagree then you're wrong, racist, etc." They make me feel like I can't express my views without being judged and vilified. In the past liberalism did a lot of good. Neo-liberalism is good in parts too - not going to be that specific as this isn't the Business and Economics forum. Also using the term 'liberal' isn't meant to be derogatory it's just how I, rightly or wrongly, refer to these folk. There is nothing malicious meant by it. It did seem that in the first instance you were having a pop at Wales because most of its voters voted a different way to most of Scotland's voters - which isn't an issue for me but maybe it is for you? I had a feeling someone mentioning Brexit might cause a stir and didn't really want to talk about it.

Back on topic - I voted for Treviso in the poll a few hours ago because I didn't think they would have many votes. I honestly believe that Glasgow will come away with a bonus point win.

I don't see liberal as being left.  More the opposite of extremism.  So you have left->right & liberalism->extremeism. Just a couple of the multiple dimensions to the political compass.

However, it's interesting that you voted for Treviso for the reasons that tigertattie mentioned.  It's also interesting that you voted for Brexit like fES mentioned.  You fit perfectly into the punchline that has be laid out.  It's only potentially funny from one perspective though and you are not wrong for holding your views.

I'd like to be doubly clear that I am not implying that you're wrong and are not entitled to your views.  Nobody should be made to feel ashamed of their views unless they're completely reprehensible (i.e sexual assault, racism, being a Jambo). Once again apologies for any offence caused.

This would be much easier to explain in person over a pint (or 2/3rds if you like strong IPAs).  If you're up in Edinburgh for a Dragons game PM me and I'll smuggle a can of nice beer in for you.

Glasgow by 29 according to the bookies.

des

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 27 Oct 2016, 3:16 pm

Like I alluded des I don't consider myself to be either as I borrow perspectives from all....well, all of them bar extremism! But thanks for understanding Very Happy. I would like to kindly take you up on your offer, assuming we could discuss rugby and not politics! I had hoped to come back to Edinburgh in 2017 but that's made difficult through working in a small department and having to have payed off a 5 star holiday to Playa Del Carmen by end of February... I'll keep your very kind offer in mind anyway butty.

Ale

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2016, 12:06 pm

Stop being nice to each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Fri 28 Oct 2016, 1:41 pm

Looking forward to this game. It will be nice to see our two new signings in action.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 28 Oct 2016, 2:35 pm

Ineffable wrote:Stop being nice to each other.

All niceness will be gone by the time the 6N rolls around Wink.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 28 Oct 2016, 2:51 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

After Scotland win against Wales by 20 points!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by des Fri 28 Oct 2016, 3:03 pm

tigertattie wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

We can maybe pop one of Liam Williams' kidneys and break North's neck too.

Is that "not nice" enough?

Last edited by des on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : People normally have more than one kidney)

des

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 28 Oct 2016, 3:11 pm

des wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Nah, more like Biggar getting sent off for whinging at the ref even though he is not the captain (or a 9) Run

Going to say Glasgow will be up by 20 at half and will end up winning by 25 as they take the foot off the pedal. Treviso have improved but a hurt, largely first team Glasgow at home on a dry evening is not ideal.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Senlac Fri 28 Oct 2016, 3:21 pm

This just doesn't have the feel of an average 4-5 try 15-20 home win in unspectacular fashion.

I reckon this is either going to be another underwhelming uncomfortably tight affair, or a 50-60-point massacre.

Let's hope it's the latter...
Senlac
Senlac

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 28 Oct 2016, 4:22 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:
des wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Nah, more like Biggar getting sent off for whinging at the ref even though he is not the captain (or a 9) Run

Going to say Glasgow will be up by 20 at half and will end up winning by 25 as they take the foot off the pedal. Treviso have improved but a hurt, largely first team Glasgow at home on a dry evening is not ideal.

Hazel, have you seen the bench? Justice, Naughty Boy and TwoLangi all wanting to show they should be starting and price, Furra Linee and the Selkirk Pixie to run at a tiring defence. It could be a cricket score.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 28 Oct 2016, 4:31 pm

I'm going for a cricket score - 60-70 points

Glasgow will not be in a mood to mess around after last week

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 28 Oct 2016, 6:04 pm

Great to see that this game is a 7300 sellout - shows how far Glasgow have come as a club.

Edinburgh will be lucky if they get half that!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 28 Oct 2016, 7:40 pm

Oh dear hoggy
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2016, 7:52 pm

Hoggy acts like a w**nker on the line and spills it after a great break
Then does it again (sort of)
Gray says enough of this cr*p and just goes under the posts, 7-0
Treviso pretend to compete for a while
Seymour streaks down the midfield and Bennett delivers a ridiculously fast weaving run on the outside and goosestep 12-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2016, 7:54 pm

Glasgow playing like Vern Cotter has threatened to de-select them all if they don't wrap up a BP before 20 mins. Bit manic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2016, 7:54 pm

Oh there was also a fantastic Don't Argue by Rory Hughes somewhere in there

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:03 pm

Treviso d*ck around for several minutes doing nothing and all of Glasgow is livid
Hughes intercepts and gets all the way to half way
Russell gets bored and kicks it at a Treviso player and they may have scored in the confusion?

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:05 pm

Loving Effie's commentary lol
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:06 pm

Dunbar tackled the man off the ball, preventing a probably try (in this we're being gracious and assuming Treviso's players are any good) so is a naughty boy, sits on the bench and penalty try. Fair call probably. 12-7 Glasgow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:07 pm

Scott Cummings co-commentary adds nothing to commentary I don't even understand in the first place

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:10 pm

Treviso are garbage

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:10 pm

At half time we'll hear from ozzy Sam Johnson presumably about how all the Glasgow players are planning to smash Australia in 2 weeks for beating them last year - oh wait that was Poite

Rory Hughes takes an inside line off Pyrgos with a scrum going forwards. Trying to shake off the "Lamont MK 2" tag by scoring tries from outside of 5 metres it seems and making it to half way from a break

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:12 pm

At least Scott Cummings admits that Glasgow aren't even worried about losing at this stage (it's 19-7, 30 minutes gone)

I forgot Glasgow were down to 14. It's like they could be down to 12 and still win. Treviso really do suck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:15 pm

Zanni claiming that Glasgow tacklers aren't releasing and referee gives him a look of "yeah I don't think that's why you're losing mate"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:16 pm

Ref spending time giving penalties and having a chat, he's probably exhausted from chasing Hughes and Hogg round the park

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:20 pm

The gap in quality, feels like it should be 190-7 not 19-7. Glasgow players probably been told by SRU that if there's one week in the next 52 they can act like t*ts this is it.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:21 pm

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:Treviso are garbage

After their defending for that try I feel this needs to be repeated

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:23 pm

Dunbar fends off half of Italy on his way to the line ... ref and TMO have had enough of the pretending-Treviso-may-be-in-this-game so give a 50/50 "offload" decision to Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:24 pm

Ref doesn't even bother restarting the game even though there were 5 seconds left - and I doubt Treviso are complaining.

Well glad they wrapped it up before half time, gotta dash

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 28 Oct 2016, 8:50 pm

When you actually sit and watch Jonny Gray playing, watching him off the ball, his ruck work, tackling, support lines, etc, you realise just how phenomenal a player he is!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:06 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Great to see that this game is a 7300 sellout - shows how far Glasgow have come as a club.

Edinburgh will be lucky if they get half that!

3,304 in fact!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:14 pm

Warning. Watching. Selkirk Pixie alert!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 28 Oct 2016, 9:18 pm

Bullocking run from the American back rower!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next