The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

+37
sensisball
demosthenes
LondonTiger
TJ
Artful_Dodger
nickj
yappysnap
lostinwales
des
Nematode
reallybored
bsando
Prothero
HongKongCherry
Hazel Sapling
RossAnderson
BigGee
Senlac
MacKnocked-on
R!skysports
NeilyBroon
jimbopip
Majestic83
TheMildlyFranticLlama
GLove39
Tattie Scones RRN
EST
Eejit
tigertattie
funnyExiledScot
IanBru
cakeordeath
EWT Spoons
George Carlin
RDW
A Simply Mesmeric Try
41 posters

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 19 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Thu 25 Aug 2016, 4:25 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 19 Jessie10          Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 19 Glasgo10
Edinburgh & Glasgow Warriors

A Not So Brief History of Time-Wasting   (click to show/hide):

Guinness Pro12

Edinburgh - Fixtures & Results   (click to show/hide):

Youtube playlist of all of Edinburgh's Pro12 action here.

Glasgow Warriors - Fixtures & Results   (click to show/hide):

Youtube playlist of all of Glasgow's Pro12 action here.

Europe

Champions Cup - Glasgow Warriors   (click to show/hide):

Challenge Cup - Edinburgh   (click to show/hide):

1872 Cup

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 19 Trophy

Champions                Runner up
Edinburgh                  Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 19 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRwKYyik1ZsD3_NYcbnfefbOA7hTaw1Oo_88AYpdNDsajawQmV  Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 19 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnVncYalRPIL7Z-Ia2Em4LrCX8uZulmt1PKHCS4z5p5kPxIEYs

1872 Cup - Past Results   (click to show/hide):

The season has commenced

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 19 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 19 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 19 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 19 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 19 1347041234

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 4:23 pm; edited 40 times in total (Reason for editing : Added links to YouTube playlists of Pro12 highlights)
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 19 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

Post by tigertattie Wed 23 Nov 2016, 1:09 pm

Loved Deadliest Catch! The only program in world where the language spoken was subtitled into the same language (and not for viewers who are hard of hearing)
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 19 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

Post by George Carlin Wed 23 Nov 2016, 1:42 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
Riskysports wrote:
tigertattie wrote:My mum's side of the family are from Peterhead - They're a very odd bunch!

One of my Mum's old neighbors died and his Mrs phoned the local paper to put in the obituary notice.  Being a proper Peterhead quine (means girl) the first thing she asked was how much it was to put the notice in the paper.  The nice person at the paper told her they charged at 75p per word so Mrs Reid decided to keep it short and asked to have it read "Pete Reid, Peterheid, is deed".  The nice person at the paper then told Mrs Reid that notices had to be a minimum of eight words long so Mrs Reid changed the notice to "Pete Reid, Peterheid, is deed. Volvo for sale"

true story!

I smell shenanigans

http://www.doricdictionary.com/classic-joke-peterheid-man-deid/
I heard it before too but I love it so much that I just don't care.

Me too. Love that joke.

My Mum's family are from Insch, near Inverurie. I genuinely don't understand a single word of doric.
And those webbed feet you have must be a bugger when you're trying to buy shoes.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 23 Nov 2016, 2:16 pm

feckin great for swimming though!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 23 Nov 2016, 2:19 pm

Hey guys, It's been a while...

BigGee, sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts are with you at the most difficult of times.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 23 Nov 2016, 2:25 pm

Scottish accents are a funny thing - I have a friend from Invergordon (north of Inverness) and he has a very mellow accent that could easily pass as a native Edinburger, as does all of his friends from home that I have met. I would have expected them to be hard to understand but apparently not!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 23 Nov 2016, 2:47 pm

Rugger you old bugger! how are you?

Still in sunny Fife?
Still agree that Glasgow fans are a bit odd?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 23 Nov 2016, 5:59 pm

I'm good man, just barely coping with the pressures of being a dad. It's hard to meaningfully contritribite when you have a wee girl demanding you make monkey noises at her and chase her all over the house.

It's been pretty stressful lol
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 23 Nov 2016, 6:58 pm

Ah Radge - no time no hear from.

These are the joys of daddyhood. Mine is 4 now and has taken to doing 'Japanese schoolgirl in London on a tourist trip 'V' signs' in photographs now when we ask her to smile. It started off being hilarious. Now she won't stop doing it.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 24 Nov 2016, 10:21 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:I'm good man, just barely coping with the pressures of being a dad. It's hard to meaningfully contritribite when you have a wee girl demanding you make monkey noises at her and chase her all over the house.

It's been pretty stressful lol

Making monkey noises and chasing someone all over the place?

With those skills you could play in the Edinburgh back line!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 24 Nov 2016, 10:26 am

Nick McLennan and Dougie Fife have signed fulltime contracts with the 7s squad.

Good to see that Fife isn't lost to the professional game, and also good to see that the SRU have increased the 7s funding given this time last year it was almost scrapped.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 24 Nov 2016, 11:26 am

George Turner (Edinburgh hooker) is away to London Scottish on loan. No idea for how long, but the story says "short term"

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 24 Nov 2016, 6:46 pm

Just watch a ginger computer geek on reporting Scotland. Absolutely thought it was glove but it was in Stirling!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 24 Nov 2016, 6:49 pm

tigertattie wrote:Just watch a ginger computer geek on reporting Scotland. Absolutely thought it was glove but it was in Stirling!

Just like bars of soap in Glasgow, there can be only one!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 24 Nov 2016, 6:54 pm

Also, Glasgow are wanting a tram from the Poopie centre to their "airport"

After all the laughing at our trams, they're going to copy us again anyway
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 25 Nov 2016, 4:13 pm

http://www.rupa.com.au/rupa-news/story/jerry-only-you-can-determine-your-future

I missed this back in July but sound like Jerry retired rather than not being after a new contract.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Fri 25 Nov 2016, 4:17 pm

How did he do for you guys? He was very poor for Irish!

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 25 Nov 2016, 5:15 pm

tigertattie wrote:Also, Glasgow are wanting a tram from the Poopie centre to their "airport"

After all the laughing at our trams, they're going to copy us again anyway

It would be a shame to spoil such a beautiful City with a tramline. Ho hum.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 25 Nov 2016, 6:53 pm

SirBurger wrote:How did he do for you guys? He was very poor for Irish!

Jerry Y was a useful and popular player in his 3 years at Glasgow. He was only ever a squad player, probably at best third choice in his position but always gave 100% whenever he played and was a fans favourite because of that.

All Glasgow fans will wish him well in this new phase of his career and it is nice to see forward thinking from professional sportsmen.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 28 Nov 2016, 5:50 am

God, depressing weekend for club rugby. Neither side is looking all that great. 

I see that Visser scored in 3 minutes for Quins against Bath last night - turned out to be a crucial try in the end.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 28 Nov 2016, 9:06 am

Edinburgh seem to be able to raise their game against (in theory) the bigger teams such as Ulster & Harlequins but against the (again in theory) small teams like Zebre & Dragons we struggle.

Some of the play from Edinburgh yesterday was shocking.  The maul that never was, was a particular low light.

For anyone interested the thistle podcast is still excelling.  They were saying they can’t wait till Burleigh qualifies for Scotland so he can cover 10, this is obviously ignoring he is terrible (or maybe just poor) at 10.  Very good 12, not a 10.  They were also saying that Scotland lack depth in the front row, whilst they were bigging up how well Fagerson (2nd choice TH) and Dell (3rd/4th choice loosehead) did against two pretty strong front rows in Argentina and Georgia.  I get we could have more depth, but when you consider that players to come back are Dickinson, Sutherland and if he ever regains anything like the form he showed to get in the lions squad, Ryan Grant, plus obviously Dell.  At TH things are a bit worse but we have Nel and Fagerson.  After that the quality does drop quite a bit with Moray Low, but I’m not sure any nation in the world has an abundance of THs and Low does a job, not always a great job, but he’s there.  Then if you consider that Berghan might be decent, if he can get fit and get some game time, I know these are big if’s but when he played last season he looked more than capable, so fingers crossed he can get and stay fit to provide a backup to Nel for Edinburgh.

I do find myself asking why I still listen to it, but I think I’ve worked it out.  It’s like a morbid fascination, same way people stare at car accidents, I listen to hear what nonsense they come up with next.

On a different topic, Dell/Sutherland: Edinburgh have Scotland’s 1st, 2nd & 3rd Looseheads currently.  From a selfish point of view this is great and we have real depth, but from a Scotland point of view, would it be worth loaning Glasgow one of either Dell or Sutherland so they get some more gametime?  I know Glasgow have Allan and Grant at LH, but considering they’ve both been consigned to a bench spot for Scotland in favour of Dell for example, who has been a bit part player at Edinburgh, does suggest that Vern doesn’t rate them.  I think Dell would suit Glasgow’s style of play given he’s pretty dynamic in open play.  Plus Edinburgh have young Cosgrove coming through who has seemed capable enough to cover when required.  I get my argument is let down slightly at the moment given both Dickinson and Sutherland are injured, and yes during international windows we are going to be weakened given we’re likely to be without both Dickinson and Sutherland, but if we want to actually create depth of positions for the national team then it seems like a sensible option to have our best 3 players in a position playing fairly regularly.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 28 Nov 2016, 9:13 am

I'd throw Murray McCallum's name in as one to watch in the future - he 'did a Nel' and played 80 minutes yesterday, held his own in the scrums and is a big lump that carries well.  Given that no one had heard of him at the start of the season, and that he's technically a loosehead, he has done well.

He is very, very raw though and still very young. It is amazing how injuries play their part in the emergence of players - if Nel, Berghan and even Bryce weren't injured he would probably have been no where near the Edinburgh team this season, maybe even next season.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Mon 28 Nov 2016, 9:21 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:I'd throw Murray McCallum's name in as one to watch in the future - he 'did a Nel' and played 80 minutes yesterday, held his own in the scrums and is a big lump that carries well.  Given that no one had heard of him at the start of the season, and that he's technically a loosehead, he has done well.

He is very, very raw though and still very young. It is amazing how injuries play their part in the emergence of players - if Nel, Berghan and even Bryce weren't injured he would probably have been no where near the Edinburgh team this season, maybe even next season.

I think the way some of the youngsters have shown up this season shows the need for a 3rd team. While you could argue London Scottish are filling that role just now I am not convinced

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 28 Nov 2016, 9:23 am

Aye I left him out as he’s pretty new/raw and also just switched to TH and I figured folk would shoot me down if I included him. But seeing how you’ve mentioned it and your name is all green and shiny I’m jumping on the bandwagon. Smile

Also I don't think Byrce is going to cut it. I know it's early days, but he's 28 moving to a very technical position and not one he was particularly keen to move to. At best he'll be an average club player, but I can't see him getting any better than that.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 28 Nov 2016, 9:52 am

cakeordeath wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:I'd throw Murray McCallum's name in as one to watch in the future - he 'did a Nel' and played 80 minutes yesterday, held his own in the scrums and is a big lump that carries well.  Given that no one had heard of him at the start of the season, and that he's technically a loosehead, he has done well.

I think the way some of the youngsters have shown up this season shows the need for a 3rd team. While you could argue London Scottish are filling that role just now I am not convinced

I think given the SRU are already saying they're struggling to compete financially with 2 teams I can't see a 3rd happening any time soon unless someone steps in and helps fund.

Plus if the SRU are less well off then I think we're going to see more and more of our better players moving on to Aviva and T14 sides, which will create space for the young lads coming through.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 28 Nov 2016, 12:52 pm

Told you guys that McCallum would hold his own for Edinburgh. Each time I've seen him play I've been impressed on how he isn't phased by this level of pro rugby!

He looks strong and he's got a desire about him. He wants to get involved in the physical stuff and doesn't look scared to front up to the opposition!

I'm not saying he's the next Oz Du Rand but I don't think he's the next Kyle Traynor either!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 28 Nov 2016, 1:28 pm

tigertattie wrote:Told you guys that McCallum would hold his own for Edinburgh. Each time I've seen him play I've been impressed on how he isn't phased by this level of pro rugby!

He looks strong and he's got a desire about him. He wants to get involved in the physical stuff and doesn't look scared to front up to the opposition!

I'm not saying he's the next Oz Du Rand but I don't think he's the next Kyle Traynor either!

There's got to be some sort of prize for getting Du Randt and Traynor into the same sentence!!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 28 Nov 2016, 2:38 pm

Anyone on here done the West Highland way (or part of it)? Trying to organise a trip for myself and a few family members around Easter next year, and keen to get some views on it.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 28 Nov 2016, 2:56 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:Anyone on here done the West Highland way (or part of it)? Trying to organise a trip for myself and a few family members around Easter next year, and keen to get some views on it.

My parents did it a couple of years ago, and I've encountered bits of it doing various other walks (mainly around the Loch Lomond part of it, but also Glen Coe). It is harder than most people expect, but is also very rewarding. Be prepared for wet weather - it's been known to rain on the West of Scotland from time to time - and the closer you are to summer the more likely you are to encounter the odd midge....you won't hang about when they are on the move.

Seriously though, my rentals thoroughly enjoyed it, albeit my Dad (he was 62 when he completed it) moaned about his legs being stiff for about three weeks after it!

I'll bet someone like IrnBru will probably have more knowledge about this. I haven't actually done it.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Mon 28 Nov 2016, 3:32 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:Anyone on here done the West Highland way (or part of it)? Trying to organise a trip for myself and a few family members around Easter next year, and keen to get some views on it.

I've done various sections of it, but not the whole route.

Get the weather, and it can be wonderful. If not, it can be purgatory, if not hell!

I assume that you will be staying at hotel / B&B's each night, rather than wild camping? If so, you may find they are pretty well booked.

Best advise I could offer would be to have a look at the Walkhighlands website, and ask advise there. It also has route descriptions, reports, comments, and suggestions. Link is here : http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/west-highland-way.shtml

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 28 Nov 2016, 4:13 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
tigertattie wrote:Told you guys that McCallum would hold his own for Edinburgh. Each time I've seen him play I've been impressed on how he isn't phased by this level of pro rugby!

There's got to be some sort of prize for getting Du Randt and Traynor into the same sentence!!

We need a stats geek for this one! But...........

Have these two behemoths ever locked horns against each other?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 29 Nov 2016, 7:37 am

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 29 Nov 2016, 9:13 am

tigertattie wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Kyle Traynor is still alive, so let's assume not!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 29 Nov 2016, 9:19 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
tigertattie wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Kyle Traynor is still alive, so let's assume not!
I understand that Oz once autographed Traynor's left manboob.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 29 Nov 2016, 9:22 am

laughing

The image in my head is more disturbing than usual!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 29 Nov 2016, 10:28 am

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 29 Nov 2016, 1:47 pm

Huw Jones is staying in SA according to his agent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38137115

He could of course just be making noises to increase his client's value!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 29 Nov 2016, 2:17 pm

I always find agents talk a load of tosh!

I also think that Jones is fine where he is! Let him develop further! He's goosed for the next 8 weeks so him moving or not wouldn't effect the amount of rugby he'd play before the 6Ns.

Give him another season playing in the SH then he can move to the UK/France in Jan 18
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 29 Nov 2016, 5:02 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Huw Jones is staying in SA according to his agent

I don't have a huge problem with it. If he were to move to Edinburgh we'd probably ruin him!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Tue 29 Nov 2016, 6:03 pm

He probably saw the state of the pitch at Rodney parade and made up his mind pretty quickly.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 29 Nov 2016, 6:04 pm

Does anyone have a link to that video of Mike Brown getting the ball kicked into his face after butchering that try scoring chance against Argentina, I could watch that all day.

I'm posting that here through fear of violent reprisals in the normal forum.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Tue 29 Nov 2016, 6:10 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Does anyone have a link to that video of Mike Brown getting the ball kicked into his face after butchering that try scoring chance against Argentina, I could watch that all day.

I'm posting that here through fear of violent reprisals in the normal forum.

I never knew about this. I recorded the game was just going to delete it, but not I have a desire to watch it

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 30 Nov 2016, 10:05 am

More positive news from the SRU on the commercial side of things

Scottish Rugby has signed one of the biggest contracts in the UK stadia sector which will see leading caterer Elior UK continue to provide first-rate corporate hospitality, conference and event and matchday catering at BT Murrayfield.

Elior UK has been awarded a ten-year contract extension by Scottish Rugby following a rigorous tender process.

The extension continues a successful seven year relationship in which Elior has assisted Scottish Rugby in substantially growing its commercial income.

The new agreement will deliver a seven figure sum, annually, to Scottish Rugby and see Elior’s existing operating brand, ‘Murrayfield Experience’, evolve and rebrand as ‘Scottish Rugby Hospitality’.

Andrew Healy, Finance Director at Scottish Rugby said: “Scottish Rugby wants every visitor at BT Murrayfield to have a great experience, especially on matchdays. We are therefore delighted to continue working with Elior to enable us to deliver a high quality hospitality offer together with a wide range of food and drink for our supporters at matches.

“As a Governing Body we need to look to maximise all our revenue streams to ensure money can be reinvested back into the sport and this significant long-term deal assists us in doing that.”

“The stadium also offers first class facilities for conferences, meetings, weddings, dinners, lunches and other events on non-matchdays, and we are again delighted that Elior will be working with us to offer these to an ever wider audience.

Catherine Roe, chief executive of Elior UK, said: “For seven years, Elior has been proud to serve the home of Scottish rugby by promoting quality local produce, providing exceptional customer experiences and growing Scottish Rugby’s commercial income.

"This new contract and investment gives us the opportunity to turn those strides into leaps and create memorable experiences for conference delegates, entertainment guests and rugby supporters for years to come.”

Elior will continue to offer cooking skills to Scottish Rugby academy players and support Scottish Rugby’s nominated charities in fundraising activities throughout the year.

Stronmagachan stovies, Argyll smoked salmon, Tomintoul venison and pork from the Dourie Farm in Newton Stewart have all appeared on BT Murrayfield menus during Elior’s tenure and the new offer will retain this strong focus on local, seasonal Scottish ingredients.

In addition, investment made by Elior will be used to develop the stadium’s hospitality and conference suites; creating enhanced modern facilities and providing innovative corporate matchday entertainment. Elior will also support the setup of new bar facilities around the stadium and implement new technology to simplify operations and improve the ongoing customer experience.

About Elior
Elior operates high profile catering contracts across the B&I, health & care home, defence, education, stadia and heritage sectors. It provides customers with a bespoke offer that focuses on great food, drink and customer service and couples it with the benefits that a large company brings. Elior UK is part of Elior Group which operates worldwide with annual revenues of €5,674 million.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 11:14 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Huw Jones is staying in SA according to his agent

I don't have a huge problem with it. If he were to move to Edinburgh we'd probably ruin him!

Never mind Edinburgh or Glasgow, I hear there's a new coach at Montpellier next season who might fancy signing him..

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Wed 30 Nov 2016, 11:27 am

I think Vern will take a few with him. Presume some of White's saffer contingent will follow him out, so maybe we'll see players like Hardie, Nel and some of the Glasgow backs head south for some sun.

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Wed 30 Nov 2016, 1:14 pm

I was going to comment on the Bonus Points in the 6 Nations thread, but then the Welsh came in and ruined it for everyone ;-). So I will post here. I think it's a good thing for Scotland.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 30 Nov 2016, 2:09 pm

The Welsh are unhappy because

A) They're not scoring many tries these days
B) Their defense is leakier than their national emblem
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sat 03 Dec 2016, 7:26 am

Just to round off a sh!t weekend Scotland are getting pumped by England at the Dubai 7's

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sat 03 Dec 2016, 7:45 am

cakeordeath wrote:Just to round off a sh!t weekend Scotland are getting pumped by England at the Dubai 7's

Jesus H Christ talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 03 Dec 2016, 8:36 am

cakeordeath wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:Just to round off a sh!t weekend Scotland are getting pumped by England at the Dubai 7's

For those of you that did not see it:

Scotland were leading and time was dead, they won a penalty and forgot that you can't kick it straight out in sevens. That rattled them and they then lost the lineout, England got possession and scored. A slightly fortuitous victory.

All they had to do was pass it then kick it out, even if they had knocked the pass on it would have been time!

It has not been our weekend

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sat 03 Dec 2016, 8:46 am

BigGee wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:

For those of you that did not see it:

Scotland were leading and time was dead, they won a penalty and forgot that you can't kick it straight out in sevens. That rattled them and they then lost the lineout, England got possession and scored. A slightly fortuitous victory.

All they had to do was pass it then kick it out, even if they had knocked the pass on it would have been time!

It has not been our weekend

It certainly has not. Thanks for BeeGee for the commentary.

In other news I was having a look over the table and Glasgow are in real danger of finishing outside the top 6

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next