The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

+37
sensisball
demosthenes
LondonTiger
TJ
Artful_Dodger
nickj
yappysnap
lostinwales
des
Nematode
reallybored
bsando
Prothero
HongKongCherry
Hazel Sapling
RossAnderson
BigGee
Senlac
MacKnocked-on
R!skysports
NeilyBroon
jimbopip
Majestic83
TheMildlyFranticLlama
GLove39
Tattie Scones RRN
EST
Eejit
tigertattie
funnyExiledScot
IanBru
cakeordeath
EWT Spoons
George Carlin
RDW
A Simply Mesmeric Try
41 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 11 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Thu 25 Aug 2016, 4:25 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 11 Jessie10          Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 11 Glasgo10
Edinburgh & Glasgow Warriors

A Not So Brief History of Time-Wasting   (click to show/hide):

Guinness Pro12

Edinburgh - Fixtures & Results   (click to show/hide):

Youtube playlist of all of Edinburgh's Pro12 action here.

Glasgow Warriors - Fixtures & Results   (click to show/hide):

Youtube playlist of all of Glasgow's Pro12 action here.

Europe

Champions Cup - Glasgow Warriors   (click to show/hide):

Challenge Cup - Edinburgh   (click to show/hide):

1872 Cup

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 11 Trophy

Champions                Runner up
Edinburgh                  Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRwKYyik1ZsD3_NYcbnfefbOA7hTaw1Oo_88AYpdNDsajawQmV  Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnVncYalRPIL7Z-Ia2Em4LrCX8uZulmt1PKHCS4z5p5kPxIEYs

1872 Cup - Past Results   (click to show/hide):

The season has commenced

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 11 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 11 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 11 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 11 1347041234 Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 11 1347041234

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 4:23 pm; edited 40 times in total (Reason for editing : Added links to YouTube playlists of Pro12 highlights)
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 11 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

Post by BigGee Tue 04 Oct 2016, 2:39 pm

The squads for the euro cup have just been published and Glasgow's is interesting with just about all of the walking wounded bar Cummings included in it, including Peterson, who looked like it was a season ender when he was carried off.

That is re-assuring and hopefully some of the injuries are not as bad as might seem.

A lot of the youngsters are in the squad, Matt Fargerson, Matt Smith and Lewis Wynne. That shows a lot of faith in their abilities.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 11 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth

Post by IanBru Tue 04 Oct 2016, 4:54 pm

I'm really interested to see what Matt Smith can do - granted it's a clear step up from U20 rugby to Pro12, and yet another step to Champions Cup, but back in February he seemed to have the England boys wrapped around his fingers. By the end of the match he was stealing ball and winning penalties like I steal jokes on Twitter, as well as scoring a tidy try.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 04 Oct 2016, 5:23 pm

I am up your way for Glasgow's first Euro game, should be interesting. Tickets look to be in a crap position sadly.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 05 Oct 2016, 5:14 am

LondonTiger wrote:I am up your way for Glasgow's first Euro game, should be interesting. Tickets look to be in a crap position sadly.
You'll have a great time Tiger. Not sure if you've heard, but I can confirm the rumours that Glaswegians like a drink and a chat.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 05 Oct 2016, 5:14 am

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 05 Oct 2016, 10:40 am

I'm sure enthusiasm has hit a new low but anyone fancy doing a match thread for Edinburgh V Treviso?

Let's face it you've not got much to live up to given FES' efforts of late!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 05 Oct 2016, 11:05 am

Had a laugh at this - poor Duncan Weir had to stand with all of the Pro 12 Captains involved in the Champions Cup because Edinburgh is the host City! Not sure what the press were asking him because Edinburgh aren't in the fecking Champions Cup!

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 11 Ct_vsAtXEAAZggS

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 05 Oct 2016, 11:59 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Had a laugh at this - poor Duncan Weir had to stand with all of the Pro 12 Captains involved in the Champions Cup because Edinburgh is the host City! Not sure what the press were asking him because Edinburgh aren't in the fecking Champions Cup!

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XIII - Camp Crystal Meth - Page 11 Ct_vsAtXEAAZggS

Jeezo! he really is tiny eh!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 05 Oct 2016, 1:41 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:I'm sure enthusiasm has hit a new low but anyone fancy doing a match thread for Edinburgh V Treviso?

Tumbleweed

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Wed 05 Oct 2016, 1:48 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:I'm sure enthusiasm has hit a new low but anyone fancy doing a match thread for Edinburgh V Treviso?

Tumbleweed

Here you go https://www.606v2.com/t64176-edinburgh-v-treviso thumbsup

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 10 Oct 2016, 11:16 am

Edinburgh looked good against poor opposition. Only can beat what is in front of you. The 4 games preceding the international break are Saracens (an outpost team in Romania) away, Quins at home, Zebre at home and Ulster at home. Really should win 2 of those with TBP and hope they can beat one of the big teams. Ulster and Quins have been susceptible to a big pack in the past. We may finally see a back row of CDP, Hardie and Manu with Bradbury on the bench against Quins and Ulster.

Glasgow had a poor result against Zebre but, from the sounds of it, it was more a case of thinking the job was finished too soon. No more injuries to the back 5 was big and still a bonus point win. Grigg proved that he is coming good. Concerned about Murchie but he hardly played much last year. Hope he can rebuild some form. Leicester and Munster coming up followed by Treviso before away to Scarlets. If Swinson or Uanivi are back, we may stand a chance against Leicester. If not, I think we will be too undersized. Stranger things have happened.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 10 Oct 2016, 11:33 am

Hazel Sapling wrote:Edinburgh looked good against poor opposition. Only can beat what is in front of you. The 4 games preceding the international break are Saracens (an outpost team in Romania) away, Quins at home, Zebre at home and Ulster at home. Really should win 2 of those with TBP and hope they can beat one of the big teams. Ulster and Quins have been susceptible to a big pack in the past. We may finally see a back row of CDP, Hardie and Manu with Bradbury on the bench against Quins and Ulster.

Glasgow had a poor result against Zebre but, from the sounds of it, it was more a case of thinking the job was finished too soon. No more injuries to the back 5 was big and still a bonus point win. Grigg proved that he is coming good. Concerned about Murchie but he hardly played much last year. Hope he can rebuild some form. Leicester and Munster coming up followed by Treviso before away to Scarlets. If Swinson or Uanivi are back, we may stand a chance against Leicester. If not, I think we will be too undersized. Stranger things have happened.

BP win - you can't do any better result wise! It sounds like the performance really wasn't great but Toonie will be delighted with a BP win given the team he had out.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Mon 10 Oct 2016, 11:37 am

Hazel Sapling wrote:Edinburgh looked good against poor opposition. Only can beat what is in front of you. The 4 games preceding the international break are Saracens (an outpost team in Romania) away, Quins at home, Zebre at home and Ulster at home. Really should win 2 of those with TBP and hope they can beat one of the big teams. Ulster and Quins have been susceptible to a big pack in the past. We may finally see a back row of CDP, Hardie and Manu with Bradbury on the bench against Quins and Ulster.

Poor result? No, a five point win away from home is not a poor result. It might have been, as far as I can see from the reports, a poor performance, but that might have been expected from the team selected and that the opposition appear to be (marginally) stronger at home.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 10 Oct 2016, 11:51 am

Poor result from the point of view we only beat the bottom team by 5 and conceded 4 tries. Getting a bonus point win away is good. The concession of 4 tries is poor and giving the opposing team a sniff was poor.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 10 Oct 2016, 12:11 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:Edinburgh looked good against poor opposition. Only can beat what is in front of you. The 4 games preceding the international break are Saracens (an outpost team in Romania) away, Quins at home, Zebre at home and Ulster at home. Really should win 2 of those with TBP and hope they can beat one of the big teams. Ulster and Quins have been susceptible to a big pack in the past. We may finally see a back row of CDP, Hardie and Manu with Bradbury on the bench against Quins and Ulster. .

To be honest I wouldn't drop Bradbury, he's arguably our most in form player, Manu on the other hand hasn't really stood out since he joined us. He's got a massive reputation and clearly is a good player based on his reputation, but so far for Edinburgh he's not had much of an impact. Granted for most of the time with us he's been injured but when he’s been fit, he’s been ok, but in terms of impact CDP and Bradbury have been better.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 10 Oct 2016, 12:50 pm

Bradbury has played 6 or 7 games in a row now and is due a rest - he is still a young man and it is a long season.

If Manu is fit he needs to start the next game IMO with Ritchie or CDP on the flank - or Fihaki maybe..

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 10 Oct 2016, 1:12 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Bradbury has played 6 or 7 games in a row now and is due a rest - he is still a young man and it is a long season.

If Manu is fit he needs to start the next game IMO with Ritchie or CDP on the flank - or Fihaki maybe..

I agree with a rest, but as soon as that's over he's back in the team. He can be rested against the Romanian team, but against Quinns & Ulster I would rather Bradbury was back in the side. He's apparently leading the charts for defenders beaten (22) this season.

For the next game (which I believe is against the Timisoara Saracens) I'd be tempted to rest most of our first xv. Sure it's a risk, but I'd back our fringe players to be able to go over there and get a result. Not saying we take them lightly but we have a long season and arguably this should be the easiest game we're going to have for a while.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 10 Oct 2016, 1:16 pm

This is our squad registered for ECC

Props: Bryce, Cosgrove, Dell, Dickinson, McCallum, Nel, Sutherland
Hookers: Cochrane, Ford, McInally, Turner
Locks: Bresler, Carmichael, Gilchrist, Mata, McKenzie, Toolis
Backrow: Bradbury, Du Preez, Fihaki, Hardie, Manu, Ritchie, Watson
Scrumhalves: Fowles, Hidalgo-Clyne, Kennedy
Flyhalves: Kinghorn, Tovey, Weir
Centres: Burleigh, Dean, Rasolea, Tofilau
Back 3: Allen, Brown, Bryce, Helu, Hoyland, Northam, Scholes

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 10 Oct 2016, 1:21 pm

Edinburgh could put out a decent side but the problem is the tighthead position at Edinburgh and I expect the Romanians to be good scrummagers.

Dell, McInally, Nel (no idea who is fit at tighthead in that squad list), McKenzie, Gilchrist, Richie, Watson (if fit), Fihaki, SHC, Kinghorn, Helu/Northam, Ras, Tofilau, Hoyland, Scholes

Left wing spot is a bit tricky as Robbins is at LS and Brown has had a good run of games there. Could do with resting him. Richie, SHC and Scholes should get some game time. Kinghorn should get some time at 10 if that is the long run goal. Is this the time to try out the Fijian Mata?

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 10 Oct 2016, 1:33 pm

I think Nel is still likely to be injured. If McCallum's future is at TH as per Hodge's comments then he could well be given a start here. He looked actually pretty decent when he came on at the weekend.

Would largely agree with your team HS, but Gilco might be out depending on his nose (might be rested to give him a chance to heal), and I suspect Watson will be missing through injury.

Looking through the list of who's fit and who's not, I think Bradbury might have to play (or at least travel) this game given backrow options are limited.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 10 Oct 2016, 1:34 pm

I'm interested to see Northam, he looked rapid in his highlights reel (always a risk to judge a player on that). I wonder though if he's in the same mold as Isles, in that he's fast but that's pretty much it in terms of his ability

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 10 Oct 2016, 1:37 pm

I think we're well placed for this game and should rest a lot of front line players (Ford, McInally, Gilchrist and Toolis have basically been involved in every game to far this season). Plus we have the returning McKenzie and if Nel is fit I think he should play - gives him a run of 3 games leading into the AIs. We also have a number of players who will be chomping at the bit to get some gametime.

I'd go for

1 Dell
2 Cochrane
3 Nel (feck knows who if he's not fit)
4 McKenzie
5 Charmichael
6 Fihaki
7 Hardie (needs to build up some form)
8 Manu

9 SHC
10 Tovey (no one else and he's only just back too)
11 Brown
12 Rasolea
13 Tofilau
14 Hoyland
15 Scholes (give him a game for feck sake)

Bench: Cosrgorve, Turner, feck knows, Mata, Ritchie, Kennedy, Kinghorn, Dean

And I don't care if this Romanian team are likely to have a big front 5 - they are basically amateurs and we should easily beat them!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 10 Oct 2016, 1:40 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:I think Nel is still likely to be injured.  If McCallum's future is at TH as per Hodge's comments then he could well be given a start here.  He looked actually pretty decent when he came on at the weekend.

Would largely agree with your team HS, but Gilco might be out depending on his nose (might be rested to give him a chance to heal), and I suspect Watson will be missing through injury.

Looking through the list of who's fit and who's not, I think Bradbury might have to play (or at least travel) this game given backrow options are limited.  

Forgot about that. Looked like he might need a week or so to settle if it is not broken. Replace him with Toolis (who is racking up gametime) or Carmichael and put the remaining one on the bench (unless Mata is up for it). Hardie can start ahead of Watson. Manu can bench for when the game opens up.

Northam has been put in the squad so expect him to be used at some point right...?

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 10 Oct 2016, 1:42 pm

I don't think Northam has even being playing for a club team - perhaps he is injured.

This is a perfect game to get Mata involved - he has been here a few weeks now so should be ready to play.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 10 Oct 2016, 2:03 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:I think we're well placed for this game and should rest a lot of front line players (Ford, McInally, Gilchrist and Toolis have basically been involved in every game to far this season). Plus we have the returning McKenzie and if Nel is fit I think he should play - gives him a run of 3 games leading into the AIs. We also have a number of players who will be chomping at the bit to get some gametime.

I'd go for

1 Dell
2 Cochrane
3 Nel (feck knows who if he's not fit)
4 McKenzie
5 Charmichael
6 Fihaki
7 Hardie (needs to build up some form)
8 Manu

9 SHC
10 Tovey (no one else and he's only just back too)
11 Brown
12 Rasolea
13 Tofilau
14 Hoyland
15 Scholes (give him a game for feck sake)

Bench: Cosrgorve, Turner, feck knows, Mata, Ritchie, Kennedy, Kinghorn, Dean

And I don't care if this Romanian team are likely to have a big front 5 - they are basically amateurs and we should easily beat them!

I think rumours are Nel is still going to be missing for this game.  I suspect we're likely to see McCallum involved at TH at some point, given we're struggling at TH. I would imagine Sutherland will travel and cover LH from the bench with Cosgrove possibly starting.  Dell & McCallum will probably cover TH with one starting and the other benching.  It's a weak/inexperienced FR (with the exception of Sutherland) but I don't think we have many choices.

I'd possibly rest Tovey if possible and give Kinghorn a chance at 10.  Mostly because if Tovey picks up a knock we're knackered with Weir being out injured as well.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 10 Oct 2016, 7:44 pm

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Tue 11 Oct 2016, 1:03 am

Forgot all about this. Pro12's Youtube channel has individual playlists for all teams. Add these to your bookmarks. Highlights are usually up on Mondays.

Edinburgh - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLclPnIJd8nRvOMif68Ox5tx9ldaYsuaKU
Glasgow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLclPnIJd8nRtReUD6LDSUjvJLPCn7y5lk
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 1:11 pm

Quins have signed Montpellier 10 Demetri Catrakilis for next season, looks like Ruaridh Jackson will be even further down the pecking order there, if they keep him.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Tue 11 Oct 2016, 1:27 pm

MacKnocked-on wrote:Quins have signed Montpellier 10 Demetri Catrakilis for next season, looks like Ruaridh Jackson will be even further down the pecking order there, if they keep him.

Pretty sure Evans is leaving Quins at the end of the season.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 11 Oct 2016, 1:40 pm

I go away for a few days and this is what I return to.....

Still, Edinburgh scored 45 points in one game, so all is forgiven.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 11 Oct 2016, 1:42 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:

Coincidence? Whistle

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 11 Oct 2016, 1:46 pm

MacKnocked-on wrote:Quins have signed Montpellier 10 Demetri Catrakilis for next season, looks like Ruaridh Jackson will be even further down the pecking order there, if they keep him.

I know i (and others) have mentioned this before, but would be great if Edinburgh could convince him to come to us.  We're hopefully going to be playing a new attacking game under Hodge (or whomever replaces him....who am I kidding, Hodge) and Jackson would certainly help with that, more so than say Weir.  Tovey & Jackson fighting it out for the 10 spot with Weir as back up would be a nice situation to be in.  I know we probably can't afford him anymore but would be nice.

Last edited by EWT Spoons on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 11 Oct 2016, 1:46 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Coincidence? Whistle

No chance. Edinburgh always play well when I'm not watching!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Tue 11 Oct 2016, 1:59 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:

I know i (and others) have mentioned this before, but would be great if Edinburgh could convince him to come to us.  We're hopefully going to be playing a new attacking game under Hodge (or whomever replaces him....who am I kidding, Hodge) and Jackson would certainly help with that, more so than say Weir.  Tovey & Jackson fighting it out for the 10 spot with Weir as back up would be a nice situation to be in.  I know we probably can't afford him anymore but would be nice.

You could end up in a similar situation as Glasgow who ended up with Russell, Jackson and Weir at the same club. Not enough playing time to go around. Newcastle need a 10 and only have a couple of green youngsters in the way. Gloucester have no one special and LI could use him if they come up. He would turn him into a proper journeyman though and he should try to stick with a club for a bit.

Alternatively, Catrakillis is not actually that good so maybe Jackson could unseat him.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 11 Oct 2016, 2:16 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:
EWT Spoons wrote:

You could end up in a similar situation as Glasgow who ended up with Russell, Jackson and Weir at the same club. Not enough playing time to go around. Newcastle need a 10 and only have a couple of green youngsters in the way. Gloucester have no one special and LI could use him if they come up. He would turn him into a proper journeyman though and he should try to stick with a club for a bit.

Alternatively, Catrakillis is not actually that good so maybe Jackson could unseat him.

Couldn't agree more. Edinburgh should sign Jackson and ditch Weir. If any Prem sides actually want Weir they can have him. We'll thrown in Will Helu as a sweetener.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 11 Oct 2016, 2:23 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:
EWT Spoons wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Edinburgh should sign Jackson and ditch Weir. If any Prem sides actually want Weir they can have him. We'll thrown in Will Helu as a sweetener.

This 100% this

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 11 Oct 2016, 2:27 pm

Maybe Duncan Weir could go to Newcastle...

For what it's worth I really don't think Edinburgh will sign Jackson next season.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 11 Oct 2016, 2:32 pm

Same, but if quins just want a back up 10 to sit on the bench and occasionally close a game out, they can have Weir and we'll take Jackson

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 11 Oct 2016, 2:33 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Maybe Duncan Weir could go to Newcastle...

For what it's worth I really don't think Edinburgh will sign Jackson next season.

Duncan Wear....

You're probably right. I hear there's a old injury prone NSQ stand-off currently playing for the Bloemfontein 3rd XV that Hodge has his eye on.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 11 Oct 2016, 2:48 pm

Even if we do sign Jackson I wouldn't be overly excited about it - I think Tovey would still be our best 10! He's probably better than Weir but in a team renowned for its flakiness I'm not sure Mr Flakey himself would be a good match...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 11 Oct 2016, 2:52 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Coincidence? Whistle

You must have fewer holidays than The Birdman Of Alcatraz. I make it you've only missed two games this century.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 11 Oct 2016, 2:56 pm

A Simply Mesmeric Try wrote:

Catrakilis is good - we know that Solomons tried to bring him with him to Edinburgh but he was already tied. Nev is about 1,000 years old so must be leaving although the point won't be lost on Jackson that this new signing means he is not going to be the incumbent. Jackson might see his future more at 15?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 11 Oct 2016, 3:10 pm

jimbopip wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Coincidence? Whistle

You must have fewer holidays than The Birdman Of Alcatraz. I make it you've only missed two games each year against Glasgow this century.

Fixed that for you.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 11 Oct 2016, 3:11 pm

George Carlin wrote:
A Simply Mesmeric Try wrote:

Catrakilis is good - we know that Solomons tried to bring him with him to Edinburgh but he was already tied.

Not a ringing endorsement!!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 11 Oct 2016, 5:10 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
jimbopip wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Coincidence? Whistle

You must have fewer holidays than The Birdman Of Alcatraz. I make it you've only missed two games where the sight of the champions playing like a real rugby shamed you into some semblance of a performance each year against Glasgow this century.

Fixed that for you.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 12 Oct 2016, 1:21 pm

Hogg signed a new contract till May 2019 with Glasgow.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 12 Oct 2016, 1:24 pm

Wow, that's great news for Glasgow as I'm sure he would have had a lot of offers. I think Glasgow is the best place for him to be just now and Glasgow would not be able to replace him with a player of equivalent quality.

Perhaps having a baby has made him want to settle down - he'll still be right in his prime in 2019 so am sure he could go and make his millions then.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 12 Oct 2016, 1:33 pm

I wonder if Rennie coming in has helped keep him.  That's a huge signing for Glasgow and the prospect of learning from him would surely stand him in good stead.

Plus as you say RDW, having a baby probably means he's keen to stay near family who can support.

In other news Laidlaw's move to Clermont at the end of the season seems to have finally been officially announced.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/37629012

bbc wrote:Gloucester and Scotland captain Greig Laidlaw is to leave the Premiership club at the end of the season to join French Top 14 side Clermont Auvergne.

The scrum-half, who turned 31 on Wednesday, arrived at the Cherry and Whites from Edinburgh in 2014.

His contract at Kingsholm was due to expire at the end of this term.

"At this stage of my career, the offer to test myself and develop my game even further in a different environment was just too good to turn down," he said.

Laidlaw, who can also play at fly-half, added to Gloucester's club website: "It's not been an easy decision to make, but I think it's the right one.

"It's a fantastic club which enjoys tremendous support. The squad contains a great group of boys, I love playing at Kingsholm and it's been a genuine honour to captain the side."

He has scored 480 points in 48 appearances for Gloucester and helped them beat his hometown club Edinburgh to win the Challenge Cup in 2015.

Director of rugby David Humphreys added: "His consistent performances at both club and international level, particularly his goal-kicking, have caught the attention of some of the biggest clubs in Europe.

"While we are sorry to see him go, the offer Greig received from France was too good to turn down and, at the end of the season, we will wish him all the best for the rest of his career."

Laidlaw has agreed a three-year deal with Clermont, who finished top of the French top flight last season before losing in the play-off semi-finals.

Last edited by EWT Spoons on Wed 12 Oct 2016, 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated with additional chat from BBC)

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Wed 12 Oct 2016, 1:48 pm

Great news on Hogg, I hope that inspires a few more to stay on post Toonie.

Also chuffed for Greig. Hope he doesnt retire from internationals yet.

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed 12 Oct 2016, 1:53 pm

Good news for both. Gloucester rapidly turning into what Tottenham were, a big club with money that struggle (If my boss ever finds out I typed that, I might lose my job). Good for Greig to go to a top French club to top up his pension a bit.

Bit worried with Hogg that this could see Gray or Seymour move on. I expect we will struggle to keep everyone especially as we develop players going forward. Still gives Rennie a chance to build something in 2018.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next