The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New League Rules/Signup Page

+5
Hero
GSC
Fernando
FIFA Diva
nadeem2099
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Which league format?

New League Rules/Signup Page - Page 2 Vote_lcap75%New League Rules/Signup Page - Page 2 Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 6 ]
New League Rules/Signup Page - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%New League Rules/Signup Page - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

New League Rules/Signup Page - Page 2 Empty New League Rules/Signup Page

Post by Holymiky Mon 18 Jul 2016, 10:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi all, 

This is a potential rules page for the new league. I understand some people will not like this at all but i have decided that we will end the league after week 8 has finished meaning that the voters will still have to vote on matches to close it out, we will complete the tables and crown the winners of each league and we will be done with it. Over the next week or 2 we will look to get started on the new league. Hear me out on this one (or read i guess) - I can see interest has deteriorated in the last few weeks and that is probably my fault and i apologise for that as i brought up the new league and we started talking about it. I think this is the best way to garner interest again and hopefully be a fresh look into the fantasy management world. I have placed below the rules, a lot of them i have kept the same but i took into consideration the PM's i received recently and worked around that to try and make them better IMO. I have put a lot of work into the the league especially recently so if anyone understands any disappointment that anyone will have, it is me.

As you may all know, i am interested in longevity in the league and to do that i feel we need to do one of two things, we either:

Get randomly assigned a team each from one real life league - This is likely to be one of the "lesser" leagues around the world instead of the Premier League for example

Or...

We are given a budget and we are able to bid for teams at a total TM price and we purchase that team and we have the rest of that budget available to us.

I am willing to run it as i have been the past few weeks, i will leave a poll on this post to choose your option.

I would appreciate if you all took the time to read through the rules and what i have said here and at least understand the time i have put into just this post alone.

Anyway, see my suggested rules below, note the reasons next to the rule if i feel necessary:

Deadlines:

-All transfers must be made by Midnight on Thursday to be eligible for the weeks games.
-Tactics are due at midnight on Friday of every game week unless stated otherwise.
-The votes/results will be due by the following Monday at midnight (depending on real life situations this may change)

Tactics:

-Tactics are required to have a starting XI, an explanation as to how you want your team to play and also a subs bench. 
-Please note that the explanation is limited to 250 words and this includes any type of team talk you wish to have with your team - In the PM's i sent out, the majority wanted more words allowed in tactics, i don't see anything wrong with 250 personally. 
-If you happen to go over the word limit within your tactics, the voter will deduct a goal for every 50 extra words and so on.

Votes/Results: 

-1 manager will vote each week, meaning that 1 manager will not have a game that week. Votes ideally should contain a Scoreline, scorers and its optional but the managers can add a few lines of explanation as to how they think the games went/any feedback on the players/lineups etc - I propose we switch back to one league rather than 2 leagues as we have lost some numbers recently.

Transfers:

-You recieve 2 TP bids every week (foreign transfers) which reset at midnight on Monday of each game week.
-There is no price limit to which players can be purchased however all players purchased must be purchased using their Transfermarkt.co.uk current price.
-The transfer market is open throughout the whole season

Squad Limit:

-Squads in both leagues must contain a minimum of 20 players but can only have a maximum of 25 players.

Domestic Transfers:

-Transfers made between managers can be made freely with no limit to how many per week. 
-All Money is to be paid up front with no promise of future bonuses.

Loans:

-Loans are not allowed in the Funky Bunch League.

Releases:

-Players may be released at half of their TM value.
-These need to be confirmed on the Transfer Confirmation page

Injuries:

-You will receive 3 random injuries to your squad in each gameweek and these players are not eligible to play for that gameweek, to do this we use the website Random.org.
-These will usually be drawn every Monday night/Tuesday Morning although again this may depend on real life.
-Injuries carry over to their new team if they are traded within the league by Domestic transfer.
-Your 3 injured players cannot be injured in the following gameweek, if they get randomly generated the next available player will be picked.

Lawyers:

-You will receive 2 Lawyer offers each week, these will be generated at the Euro price for that player, for this we use Transfermarkt.com (German Version)
-These can be accepted up until Monday Midnight before the next set of Lawyers go live each time.
-If you sell a player to lawyers you will not be able to re-sign that player to make profit.
-Other teams will also not be able to sign the players that are Lawyered until the end of the current league season - I think this could be helpful to allow for us to get more of a variety of players into the league.

Cash Bonuses:

-You will receive £1m for tactics that are on time - I have kept this the same for now, would be willing to lower it if people want, i don't want to raise it however.
-If you are voting that week you will receive £1.5m to add to your budget
-These can only be added once the voting for each week has been completed and the voters confirm if there were any tactics handed in beyond the deadline.
-If tactics are handed in beyond the deadline, you will not get a cash bonus.

That's it for now, Sign up on this page also if you are interested - The poll will run for 3 days.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

New League Rules/Signup Page - Page 2 Empty Re: New League Rules/Signup Page

Post by Hero Wed 20 Jul 2016, 9:19 pm

Like have to wade in on sections and issue warnings, send PMs to people informing them they're posting libellous content, sticky threads, create sections, take part in two podcasts a week for three years, sort out rows between other admin and remove some quickly when there's a threat of them possibly taking the site down.

But no I don't do anything.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed 20 Jul 2016, 9:51 pm

Some of the arguments in the other sections seem like a right pain to sort out.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 20 Jul 2016, 10:32 pm

Tennis is by far the worst.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 20 Jul 2016, 10:36 pm

I should be a mod clearly
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed 20 Jul 2016, 10:50 pm

I used to be an admin, funny how these problems only occurred when I was stripped off my role when I banned Nadeem lol.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed 20 Jul 2016, 10:52 pm

Holymiky wrote:The only 2 people I've had major problems with in regards to TM prices are Azzy and Viva and they both may not be in the new league anyway. 

I'm sorry for messing everyone around but I'm not going to lie I just reverted back to finishing the league so that it wouldn't drag on as a problem and we can just finish it and move on ready for the next league.

Major problems? What are you on about? I may not have liked the idea of TM initially but I didn't cause major problems.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed 20 Jul 2016, 10:54 pm

I mean when we are trying to trade, we haven't once done a deal because most of the time we haven't agreed on a price, its like when Azzy tried charging me £10m for Loftus-Cheek when he was only worth £5m, i know he had a little hype around him but it wasn't a Pogba or Griezmann level of hype.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed 20 Jul 2016, 11:01 pm

Holymiky wrote:I'm going to from now on especially once it's the new league because that will be written rules from the get go.

I just find it interesting that Viva has been the most vocal about finishing the league but he's nowhere to be seen when I ask for help, understand people are busy but the way people go about it sometimes is interesting to say the least.

I wanted the league to continue till the end of the season, you didn't so held a poll with the majority voting to stop. I may have not agreed with the result but I got on with it and decided I'll step down because there's a good chance the next league will stop if someone mentions a new league. Today you change your mind to continue the league and get in a strop because I'm not helping as I was under the impression we've finished. Good luck in the next league.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed 20 Jul 2016, 11:03 pm

I wasn't in a strop.

I know people are busy.

I quite quickly admitted that i made a mistake which i usually do because i didn't wait enough for everyone to give the opinion. The vote wasn't for the new league anyway it was for how we started it. I don't want anyone to step down but if you still want to thats your choice.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 21 Jul 2016, 12:25 am

We need 9 in a league IMO for it to work, that's four games with one voter. Would also suggest trying to have something to play for beyond winning the league (maybe top four means some kind of bonus) and the bottom two teams are relegated with the managers allowed to take on a new team with budget?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 26 Jul 2016, 11:14 am

Just a thought, would championship teams work for this? I'd love to be Derby County Smile

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 26 Jul 2016, 11:16 am

ive been saying that for 3 weeks....

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 26 Jul 2016, 11:58 am

Nando can you come up with some potential Championship options please? You have good judgement on values etc.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 26 Jul 2016, 11:59 am

And I don't want teams that are going to be too powerful from the start.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 26 Jul 2016, 12:03 pm

These are the closest value ones

Leeds - 16.07m
Wolves - 15.77m
Brentford - 15.73m
Blackburn - 15.45m
Ipswich - 14.66m
Huddersfield - 14.45m
Wigan - 13.03m
Birmingham - 12.28m
Bristol City - 11.56m

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 26 Jul 2016, 12:06 pm

I'll still join but I know the square root of f all about the championship and its teams

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 26 Jul 2016, 12:07 pm

Olly or GSC would probably win this Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Jul 2016, 12:13 pm

Genuinely not interested in Championship teams. Could we not have a cap of values for a team and then pick one from under that cap?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 26 Jul 2016, 12:16 pm

Genuinely not interested doing that again either Hero it just ended up with 1 dominant team and everyone else struggling.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Jul 2016, 12:19 pm

The cap was too high beforehand, a £30m cap means there's no real power club in there.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 26 Jul 2016, 12:20 pm

There are some interesting teams that have a total value of less than 20mill from other countries which could work.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 26 Jul 2016, 12:23 pm

We are getting assigned random teams regardless, could pick one from  various leagues around Europe or something?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 26 Jul 2016, 12:24 pm

It won't work with buying/assigning a club because why some are similar values most have a different squad sizes so more players = less valued less players mean them sides will get better lawyers and we're going around in the same circle again.

If this is the way its going im out, I will help Miky but i won't take part.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 26 Jul 2016, 12:26 pm

We are being assigned random teams Nando, that's what won the poll, that's what you're okay with right?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 26 Jul 2016, 12:27 pm

I was just suggesting taking various teams from different leagues around Europe and then randomly assigning them.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 26 Jul 2016, 12:30 pm

It doesn't really matter how you do it tbh Miky, Either way some are going to be severely disadvantaged compared to others regardless of value.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 26 Jul 2016, 12:33 pm

So how do you want to do it then?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Jul 2016, 12:33 pm

Fernando wrote:It won't work with buying/assigning  a club because why some are similar values most have a different squad sizes so more players = less valued less players mean them sides will get better lawyers and we're going around in the same circle again.

If this is the way its going im out, I will help Miky but i won't take part.

Leeds - 16.07m - 20 players
Wolves - 15.77m - 24 players
Brentford - 15.73m - 21 players
Blackburn - 15.45m - 19 players
Ipswich - 14.66m - 25 players
Huddersfield - 14.45m - 25 players
Wigan - 13.03m - 29 players
Birmingham - 12.28m - 25 players
Bristol City - 11.56m - 24 players

There's already a 10 player difference between some of the teams picked on that logic.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 26 Jul 2016, 12:42 pm

Holymiky wrote:So how do you want to do it then?

just go with what you think fella.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 26 Jul 2016, 12:54 pm

I'm just trying to keep as many people as I can in the league.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 26 Jul 2016, 1:10 pm

This is the thing - we need to get rid/change lawyers to make it less dependant on them.

Is there a way we can get rid of TM in this league and do transfers some other way?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 26 Jul 2016, 1:35 pm

tm value (£) + 10% is what I want lawyers to be. Think that's a fair value for longevity.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 26 Jul 2016, 1:46 pm

I'm firmly against any kind of transfer system ran on peoples opinions or transfer rumours fyi. At least TM is the same for all and unbiased.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Jul 2016, 2:02 pm

How about lawyers are just at straight TM £ value. Then no-one is actually profiteering from them!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 26 Jul 2016, 2:08 pm

So the only way to make money is if/when tm increase the players values on updates and by doing votes/tactics?
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Jul 2016, 2:19 pm

Yep! Could also reintroduce press conferences etc.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 26 Jul 2016, 2:21 pm

We could do that.

We need to decide on teams, what would you all be happy with and not happy with, I don't want anyone leaving the league so I'm hoping people will understand the compromise.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 26 Jul 2016, 2:22 pm

Let's concentrate on teams.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 26 Jul 2016, 2:24 pm

Personally I like championship but happy for whatever.

Just a suggestion - what if you had one lawyer a week at tm value and that one was automatically accepted? So you're always replacing players

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 26 Jul 2016, 2:37 pm

I think some wouldn't like it if they had to forcibly sell their best players tbh.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 26 Jul 2016, 2:57 pm

It was mainly azzy against it - and he's gone.

We need a way of weakening teams as well as strengthening if we want to ensure longevity.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 26 Jul 2016, 3:10 pm

Maybe change it to 2 lawyers and you have to accept one of them.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 26 Jul 2016, 4:36 pm

TM values change what, twice a year. Progression in this league would be glacial.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Jul 2016, 4:45 pm

Renato Sanches was 680k when I bought him in Feb.
He went to £8.5m in March
Then £17m in June
And now he's £25.5m.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 26 Jul 2016, 5:21 pm

And the other players that don't make very public, very expensive moves to premier club sides?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 26 Jul 2016, 5:23 pm

But to be honest a league where you have to be scouting the Venezuelan U-15 league to get ahead doesn't really appeal in general.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Jul 2016, 5:57 pm

Benfica are hardly the Venezulan u15 league. The team I started with in this league was less known to begin with but it really didn't take much research to find them. And if people aren't bothered to do a bit of digging at the beginning of the league then I'd question why they were taking part.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 26 Jul 2016, 6:27 pm

Well do a bit of digging into the championship then Wink

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 26 Jul 2016, 6:35 pm

I would do, but they're all pretty gash.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 26 Jul 2016, 9:01 pm

There are some pretty decent youngsters on the championship tbh. Like that guy that plays for that team and some of the premiership teams are after. He's got a bright future ahead of him, that guy.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next