The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New League Rules/Signup Page

+5
Hero
GSC
Fernando
FIFA Diva
nadeem2099
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Which league format?

New League Rules/Signup Page Vote_lcap75%New League Rules/Signup Page Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 6 ]
New League Rules/Signup Page Vote_lcap25%New League Rules/Signup Page Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

New League Rules/Signup Page Empty New League Rules/Signup Page

Post by Holymiky Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:17 pm

Hi all, 

This is a potential rules page for the new league. I understand some people will not like this at all but i have decided that we will end the league after week 8 has finished meaning that the voters will still have to vote on matches to close it out, we will complete the tables and crown the winners of each league and we will be done with it. Over the next week or 2 we will look to get started on the new league. Hear me out on this one (or read i guess) - I can see interest has deteriorated in the last few weeks and that is probably my fault and i apologise for that as i brought up the new league and we started talking about it. I think this is the best way to garner interest again and hopefully be a fresh look into the fantasy management world. I have placed below the rules, a lot of them i have kept the same but i took into consideration the PM's i received recently and worked around that to try and make them better IMO. I have put a lot of work into the the league especially recently so if anyone understands any disappointment that anyone will have, it is me.

As you may all know, i am interested in longevity in the league and to do that i feel we need to do one of two things, we either:

Get randomly assigned a team each from one real life league - This is likely to be one of the "lesser" leagues around the world instead of the Premier League for example

Or...

We are given a budget and we are able to bid for teams at a total TM price and we purchase that team and we have the rest of that budget available to us.

I am willing to run it as i have been the past few weeks, i will leave a poll on this post to choose your option.

I would appreciate if you all took the time to read through the rules and what i have said here and at least understand the time i have put into just this post alone.

Anyway, see my suggested rules below, note the reasons next to the rule if i feel necessary:

Deadlines:

-All transfers must be made by Midnight on Thursday to be eligible for the weeks games.
-Tactics are due at midnight on Friday of every game week unless stated otherwise.
-The votes/results will be due by the following Monday at midnight (depending on real life situations this may change)

Tactics:

-Tactics are required to have a starting XI, an explanation as to how you want your team to play and also a subs bench. 
-Please note that the explanation is limited to 250 words and this includes any type of team talk you wish to have with your team - In the PM's i sent out, the majority wanted more words allowed in tactics, i don't see anything wrong with 250 personally. 
-If you happen to go over the word limit within your tactics, the voter will deduct a goal for every 50 extra words and so on.

Votes/Results: 

-1 manager will vote each week, meaning that 1 manager will not have a game that week. Votes ideally should contain a Scoreline, scorers and its optional but the managers can add a few lines of explanation as to how they think the games went/any feedback on the players/lineups etc - I propose we switch back to one league rather than 2 leagues as we have lost some numbers recently.

Transfers:

-You recieve 2 TP bids every week (foreign transfers) which reset at midnight on Monday of each game week.
-There is no price limit to which players can be purchased however all players purchased must be purchased using their Transfermarkt.co.uk current price.
-The transfer market is open throughout the whole season

Squad Limit:

-Squads in both leagues must contain a minimum of 20 players but can only have a maximum of 25 players.

Domestic Transfers:

-Transfers made between managers can be made freely with no limit to how many per week. 
-All Money is to be paid up front with no promise of future bonuses.

Loans:

-Loans are not allowed in the Funky Bunch League.

Releases:

-Players may be released at half of their TM value.
-These need to be confirmed on the Transfer Confirmation page

Injuries:

-You will receive 3 random injuries to your squad in each gameweek and these players are not eligible to play for that gameweek, to do this we use the website Random.org.
-These will usually be drawn every Monday night/Tuesday Morning although again this may depend on real life.
-Injuries carry over to their new team if they are traded within the league by Domestic transfer.
-Your 3 injured players cannot be injured in the following gameweek, if they get randomly generated the next available player will be picked.

Lawyers:

-You will receive 2 Lawyer offers each week, these will be generated at the Euro price for that player, for this we use Transfermarkt.com (German Version)
-These can be accepted up until Monday Midnight before the next set of Lawyers go live each time.
-If you sell a player to lawyers you will not be able to re-sign that player to make profit.
-Other teams will also not be able to sign the players that are Lawyered until the end of the current league season - I think this could be helpful to allow for us to get more of a variety of players into the league.

Cash Bonuses:

-You will receive £1m for tactics that are on time - I have kept this the same for now, would be willing to lower it if people want, i don't want to raise it however.
-If you are voting that week you will receive £1.5m to add to your budget
-These can only be added once the voting for each week has been completed and the voters confirm if there were any tactics handed in beyond the deadline.
-If tactics are handed in beyond the deadline, you will not get a cash bonus.

That's it for now, Sign up on this page also if you are interested - The poll will run for 3 days.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

New League Rules/Signup Page Empty Re: New League Rules/Signup Page

Post by Holymiky Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:48 am

I'm in

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:12 am

In Ok! Voted Randomly Assigned Team

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:50 am

Just me and you at the moment Nando Laugh

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:51 am

yet 3 people have voted...

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:55 am

True.. 

They haven't said anything though

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:56 am

With assigning teams you have to be careful. If you go too low there's little growth and no one cares about the players
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:56 am

Just so people know, vote cancelling isn't allowed and the poll runs for 3 days.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:19 am

Can the people who have voted please post as well so I know who's signed up.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:22 pm

I've voted for rat OK
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:24 pm

I voted for random teams but I won't be joining the new league.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:24 pm

I voted for random teams but I won't be joining the new league.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:26 pm

Why vote then you nonce Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:46 pm

I'd sign up
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:50 pm

I voted for generate own squads, not keen on only being able to bring in two of my own players per week.

Last edited by Hero on Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:51 pm

Have you voted GSC?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:52 pm

Can I put a few opinions on the rules?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:53 pm

You can if you like Trebs.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:53 pm

So what option did you go for then Hero, bidding for a team?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:15 pm

1. Very disappointed that this iteration of the league is ending. Especially with the league titles appearing to be in the balance, I don't think this is something I agree with.

2. I think Miky is taking too much of the work on in the league and more people (myself included) need to step up and help out.

3. Agree with moving to one league, definitely. We need to decide how long we want this league to last, whether it is a short two season league, or longevity with say, a five season league. 5 x 8 gameweeks (roughly) would mean the league lasts about a calendar year.

4. I think it's better to have one person doing results, but is there a possibility of tactical voting? Can I suggest doing the results anonymously somehow - or a different system, I'm not sure.

5. It will help with the lawyers not being able to be signed immediately, but I don't think it goes far enough. I'd make the lawyers less generous, because at the moment it's pretty much a no-brainer to accept the lawyers you get given each week. Or say you can only accept one lawyer per week? I'm not sure, but something needs to be done there.

6. Could we consider the JA system? No lawyers but a weekly cash boost, which means that the only way to offload players is to release them. If you want to buy releases you have to buy them at Full TM Value. This encourages domestic transfers to sell players you don't want at less than TM, because at the moment people have no incentive really to sell at less than lawyers value.

7. Injury system is fine, squad size works well so I think i provides a good balance of testing squad depth without being ridiculous.

8. For going over the word limit, I think anything up to 50 words should just be a slap on the wrist. An additional injury for the following gameweek. Any more than 50 over should then result in goal deductions.

9. I think we should use assigned teams, personally would say low PL teams (but include Newcastle, maybe Norwich and one or two other high-flyers in the Championship?)

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:29 pm

1). Understand the disappointment but can see it benefitting the league in the long term if it gets people interested again.
2). I’m happy to do the work but of course, help is appreciated. The whole reason I took things on was because I could see interest waning a bit.
3). I personally want this league to last 4-5 seasons, the only issue is do we limit transfer prices until certain seasons, not allowing the big big players to come in? Or do we just go for it and allow them in, I think with the 2 potential setups above it will be be better than the one we just had because we won’t be choosing players as intensely as we did last time around.
4). Someone outside the league has offered to do it but could take a toll dependant on real life and would have to be given plenty of time to produce them each week because of real life and people would need to be prepared to wait but I am happy to continue with 1 voter per week.
5). Not sure how else to limit the lawyers, I think at least 2 people suggested changing the lawyers but no-one is sure what to do. This is why I kept it the same because I had no idea how we could change it.
6). We could limit to 1 lawyer acceptance a week which would make it interesting as well but not sure it would go down too well in the league to be honest.
7). Injuries are fine at the moment I agree, I like the fact that players can’t be injured twice in a row.
8). The thing is with a “slap on the wrist” is that you will have people doing it constantly and just saying “oops” instead of actually cutting down words. 250 words is more than enough to write tactics in especially as we have been doing it as 100 words, 250 allows us to get a full game plan written with plenty of explanation on how we want the team to play.
9). I was avoiding Premier League teams, I want it to be a challenge to bring in players, I would like something different but not completely opposed. I’m not saying we go too far down in the ranks but something like lower table German teams would be fine IMO.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:37 pm

I may be able to do a spreadie that does most of the work for the runner.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:48 pm

4. I was thinking taking it turns to do results but PMing them to someone so they stay anonymous? Or even having a new, shared account? Is that a possibility?

5. We have to do something IMO about the lawyers - slow down the speed in which teams can improve. Whether it's just one lawyer per week, cutting down altogether, I don't know. I'd say at least delay by more than a season on re-buying players into the league (i.e. if a player is sold during season 1 they can't come back till season 3?)

8. Okay, I agree with you.

9. Bournemouth, Burnley, Crystal palace, Hull, Middlesbrough, Newcastle, Sunderland, Swansea, Watford, West Brom - I think something like those 10 would be low enough to it to work - without sounding harsh, I've not got much interest in low German teams and won't know the players. At least with them it's a more reasonable thing to know about.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:58 pm

The thing is with the lower level premier league teams, rightly or wrongly they have high value at times especially with transfer prices going up due to TV money so we may find it difficult to limit the cash coming in even if we did 1 lawyer per week.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:59 pm

The PM's could work but it would rely on people being available which we can't always guarantee.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:46 am

Miky, you're a darling

I'm in, voted for random assigning but think we shouldn't set the bar too low

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:49 am

If it's random assigned teams then there should enough pre season opportunities to mold the team within the budget to something the manager wants. Think a number will be quickly bored if they're given a pants team and then are stuck with the pants team for several weeks when they can only slowly fix it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:51 am

I agree that it will help but isn't that similar to this time round in that people will already have the team they want? I suppose the only argument is that people won't be able to afford the big teams.

How do you lot feel about 1 lawyer a week or is that a no go? Trebs idea is what I'm referring to.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:11 am

I think there's a happy middle ground though, not advocating getting for example Feyenoord and that dropping every single player and replacing them, but there needs to be enough opportunity to have a basic imprint of direction upon the team as the season begins.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am

I agree but what are we doing to do, have like 4 weeks of lawyers before we start or something? I honestly don't know.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:44 am

You get a squad, you can nominate up to 4 lawyers and draft the same number using the dollar you have?

Then it starts as normal.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:49 am

Sounds okay.

My only concern is getting the bigger players in, do you think we could get away with saying the lawyer requests have to be under a certain amount?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:24 pm

We've done leagues before where there's been a progressive cap on the level of players.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:25 pm

TM value caps were fairly crap tbh. Limiting cash is better.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:48 pm

I'm happy to limit cash, will make it feel like we have earned the players more. 

Understand your point though Hero and would be open to doing something like GSC suggested with some initial lawyer bids.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:13 pm

I really liked the league where every week the cap rose by £1m, created a buzz each week as to who people could buy.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:20 pm

It meant a queue of people all trying to get their bid at 12pm whenever it went to like 25m. Got old very quickly, dumped when I ran it.

I'd be more interested in a concept of foreign transfer windows and long term injuries.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:28 pm

i miss the old league when could buy if linked to them. id be willing to run a neutral transfer committee.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:30 pm

Wouldn't we struggle a bit with that though outside of the transfer windows?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:33 pm

not with championship level side their window open pretty much all season albeit loans

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:38 pm

I remember the league Nick ran where I spent ages trying to drag any article I could find on Jesus Navas being able to fly.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:41 pm

The neutral transfer committee is just primed for whinging to be honest.

You can disagree with TMs valuation of players, but at least its consistent for all.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:45 pm

The only 2 people I've had major problems with in regards to TM prices are Azzy and Viva and they both may not be in the new league anyway. 

I'm sorry for messing everyone around but I'm not going to lie I just reverted back to finishing the league so that it wouldn't drag on as a problem and we can just finish it and move on ready for the next league.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:48 pm

We do need to decide on what we are going with on this, what do you guys think is the best way of doing that? Anything I suggest I feel there's going to be differing opinions but I don't want to change too
Much as I felt a lot of it is working fine.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:49 pm

Azzy would have a problem if somebody changed the font colour on the homepage. You have to stand firm as the runner I found or the whinging runs away from you
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:57 pm

I'm going to from now on especially once it's the new league because that will be written rules from the get go.

I just find it interesting that Viva has been the most vocal about finishing the league but he's nowhere to be seen when I ask for help, understand people are busy but the way people go about it sometimes is interesting to say the least.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:44 pm

I wouldn't sweat it too much, being the runner of these leagues is a thankless job at times.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:28 pm

Try being the runner of the entire forum.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:29 pm

Laugh

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:44 pm

Hero wrote:Try being the runner of the entire forum.

That would require you to do stuff Wink

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next