The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+43
MIG
compelling and rich
jeromedubois
spencerclarke
owen10ozzy
President Trump
S.o.F
Rowley
Geordie
Galted
ShahenshahG
Scott is Back
kingraf
dyrewolfe
NickisBHAFC
Adam D
Y I Man
Born Slippy
dummy_half
hampo17
Crimey
sirfredperry
Stella
Alistair
Corporalhumblebucket
pedro
Breadvan
guildfordbat
GSC
nathan
Duty281
Hero
Hammersmith harrier
Marky
westisbest
Holymiky
Nico the gman
Lowlandbrit
Good Golly I'm Olly
Fernando
Ent
Atila
Dolphin Ziggler
47 posters

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 10 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:58 am

First topic message reminder :

I'm shocked!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 10 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed May 11, 2016 11:59 pm

You'll have to trust me Crimey, but eyewitness accounts from normal fans, not idiots, have expressed concern with underprepared, low of numbers and suddenly aggressive policing.

I am merely explaining how it was allowed to happen. They are morons, but there are often morons.I am not shifting blame, these are just circumstances that allowed these things to happen. They will hopefully be arrested.

Of course, I could just say i'm disappointed and we should play in a prison yard from now on, I guess.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 10 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by ShahenshahG Thu May 12, 2016 12:06 am

Got some bad news dolphin look who was involved in the trouble last night. Result might be overturned.

https://youtu.be/bZU-owLWV3Q

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu May 12, 2016 12:07 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Got some bad news dolphin look who was involved in the trouble last night. Result might be overturned.

https://youtu.be/bZU-owLWV3Q

The link is blocked at work but I'm guessing Rick Astley?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu May 12, 2016 12:08 am

It's either a cow or Andy Carroll trying to climb on yet another defenders back?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu May 12, 2016 12:09 am

I would never do that to dolphin. I love the man dearly even if he is going through a rough menstrual cycle.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu May 12, 2016 12:50 am

He's just grouchy cos people picking on West Ham. It's always a shame to see a few idiots trying to ruin an image of the club.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu May 12, 2016 1:04 am

Insightful.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu May 12, 2016 1:16 am

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu May 12, 2016 2:59 am

Welbeck out for 9 months. Sorry he's injured but I'm still not sorry that United sold him.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10277930/arsenals-danny-welbeck-out-for-nine-months-after-knee-surgery

Last edited by Atila on Thu May 12, 2016 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu May 12, 2016 3:00 am

It is 100% West Ham and the fans fault.

They have encouraged thousands of ticketless fans down for a "celebration", it was like a parade and I'd be amazed if they'd informed the police of the same.

The owner has just made himself and the club look like idiots, more concerned about his party than the safety of people, shifting blame. Just embarrassing.

Anyway, lvg out - can't get performances out of players in important games. Not a question of style or entertainment but it is a results based business and his are crap, even if we fluke 4th and the cup. This was a season in which Leicester have won the pl, we should have done so much better.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 3:53 am

Klopp was forced to take back his invite to take 100,000 to Basel. In the same week the Hillsborough verdict was announced it was naive to invite thousands of Liverpool fans to turn up to a football match without tickets.

In the weeks following the Hillsborough verdict, thousands turn out for an historic/emotionally charged game at Upton Park...many without tickets or, it seem, any interest in trying to attend the match.

One wonders when the lessons of history will be learned

Speaking of which, as a Bradford Lad, I send my thoughts to the friends, families and memories of those who lost their lives at Valley Parade 31 years ago today. Still remember the shock of hearing about the loss of life we we returned to England after being on holiday. I remember people asking the driver of the coach to put the radio on so we could hear the football results and then the driver pulling in at the first set of services so people could ring home to check on loved ones. One of the families on our coach were neighbours of an old fellow called Harry(?) whose body was never found but was believed to have died that day.

R.I.P and never forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu May 12, 2016 4:17 am

Ent wrote:It is 100% West Ham and the fans fault.

They have encouraged thousands of ticketless fans down for a "celebration", it was like a parade and I'd be amazed if they'd informed the police of the same.

The owner has just made himself and the club look like idiots, more concerned about his party than the safety of people, shifting blame. Just embarrassing.

Anyway, lvg out - can't get performances out of players in important games. Not a question of style or entertainment but it is a results based business and his are crap, even if we fluke 4th and the cup. This was a season in which Leicester have won the pl, we should have done so much better.

That's an appalling opinion in my view. Football is about the fans, and the fans were going down long before any mythical invite. I nearly went, cos that ground has always been about more than just the terraces.

The police would have to be very poorly managed to not expect numbers, and they have been shown up as that in the past.

It'll have been likely the same morons who caused trouble a few years back against Millwall; people who don't go any more but wanted to relive the old experiences.

It's a police matter, and I think the police have not delivered their role to protect the public. That's not an excuse, it's a sad reality. If Man United were not advised to arrive earlier than they did then that is another failing.

Aside from the nonsense it was a beautiful night. I loved it. Shan't say any more on it as I'm thoroughly beginning to dread coming on here.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 4:31 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

That's an appalling opinion in my view. Football is about the fans, and the fans were going down long before any mythical invite. I nearly went, cos that ground has always been about more than just the terraces.

The police would have to be very poorly managed to not expect numbers, and they have been shown up as that in the past.

It'll have been likely the same morons who caused trouble a few years back against Millwall; people who don't go any more but wanted to relive the old experiences.

It's a police matter, and I think the police have not delivered their role to protect the public. That's not an excuse, it's a sad reality. If Man United were not advised to arrive earlier than they did then that is another failing.

Aside from the nonsense it was a beautiful night. I loved it. Shan't say any more on it as I'm thoroughly beginning to dread coming on here.
The public also bear the burden of responsibility not to behave like c*nts. A visible Police presence will not stop people behaving like c*nts if that's what they've set their hearts on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu May 12, 2016 4:33 am

Not just the ticketless ones though, there's also then the ones in the ground throwing bottles at De Gea and the guy that then ran on the pitch to confront him.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu May 12, 2016 4:34 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Your opinion is the appalling one I'm afraid, excusing and shifting the blame for said behaviour.

A long hard look at yourself is required.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu May 12, 2016 5:46 am

Why is everyone so uppity about some thugs throwing bottles? Seriously. Get a grip.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu May 12, 2016 5:58 am

Norwichs fate for next season about to be confirmed
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu May 12, 2016 6:05 am

This game is strange lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu May 12, 2016 6:24 am

Norwich 3-1 up vs Watford
Sunderland 1-0 up vs Everton

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 6:25 am

Just confirming what we already knew

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu May 12, 2016 6:27 am

Sunderland 2-0 - Unbelievable Volley from Kone.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu May 12, 2016 6:29 am

The last day is going to be a boring one, unless you're a City or Utd fan.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu May 12, 2016 6:30 am

Now would be a fine time for Everton to find that fight that's eluded them all season
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu May 12, 2016 6:33 am

Hazard starting to show signs of giving a **** just in time for the summer transfer window.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu May 12, 2016 6:35 am

Benitez on the verge of starting the season as Real Madrid manager and ending it being relegated from the PL
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu May 12, 2016 6:38 am

Its actually kinda impressive when you think about it.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu May 12, 2016 6:44 am

GSC wrote:Benitez on the verge of starting the season as Real Madrid manager and ending it being relegated from the PL

That's one fall from grace. He'll earn back some respect if he stays and take them back up.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 6:56 am

His reputation won't be tarnished from this relegation, he only enhanced himself during the couple of months stint & improved Newcastle massively. Think he'll stay personally & try & build something at Newcastle.

As for Sunderland, guess we'll be here this time next year watching them crawl over the line. Guess that must be the most annoying thing for Newcastle, Rafa could of made them great next year, while Sunderland will no doubt be an awful watch again next year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu May 12, 2016 6:58 am

Sunderland 3-0

Goodbye Newcastle - No one will miss you Ok!

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 7:00 am

Just going to sign off from this thread now, hopefully we'll be back for the 17/18 season. Goodbye

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu May 12, 2016 7:12 am

Everton have their end of season awards tomorrow.

Should be a laugh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 7:16 am

Martinez is definitely gone. Think it's time Frank De Boer got a job in the PL & he's been heavily linked for the job, not sure Pellegrini is a good fit at Goodison.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu May 12, 2016 7:39 am

Sunderland secure survival relegating Norwich and Newcastle.

So the final day looks pretty crap now.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu May 12, 2016 7:39 am

FT Sunderland 3-0 Everton

Newcastle & Norwich relegated to the championship.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu May 12, 2016 7:48 am

Ent wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Your opinion is the appalling one I'm afraid, excusing and shifting the blame for said behaviour.

Yeah, Dolphin, you beastly chump.  Think about those poor United players giggling away while they filmed it all on their phones.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu May 12, 2016 7:49 am

LiamB wrote:His reputation won't be tarnished from this relegation, he only enhanced himself during the couple of months stint & improved Newcastle massively. Think he'll stay personally & try & build something at Newcastle.

As for Sunderland, guess we'll be here this time next year watching them crawl over the line. Guess that must be the most annoying thing for Newcastle, Rafa could of made them great next year, while Sunderland will no doubt be an awful watch again next year.

Commiserations mate.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu May 12, 2016 7:51 am

Benteke scored for Liverpool if anyone gives a crap
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu May 12, 2016 7:54 am

Galted wrote:
Ent wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Yeah, Dolphin, you beastly chump.  Think about those poor United players giggling away while they filmed it all on their phones.

Whilst the Utd players it appeared were safe due to the 300k coach, that's not through trying on behalf of the thugs, they would have been more than happy if those windows had given way and caused injury.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 8:00 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
LiamB wrote:His reputation won't be tarnished from this relegation, he only enhanced himself during the couple of months stint & improved Newcastle massively. Think he'll stay personally & try & build something at Newcastle.

Commiserations mate.

What? I was summarising Benitez' spell. I support West Brom & am safe knowing we're being led by Pulis, however limited he is, will never take us down, unlike Newcastle. I do think Rafa would of made the Toon a good mid table, possibly higher side next year, whereas Sunderland, under Sam, will be doing the same thing this time next year. Terrible from August to February & then they suddenly wake up

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu May 12, 2016 8:08 am

Laugh sorry. I thought I'd quoted John

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu May 12, 2016 8:09 am

GSC wrote:Benteke scored for Liverpool if anyone gives a crap

Yes i do OK

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu May 12, 2016 12:49 pm

Galted wrote:
Ent wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

I find that behaviour odious.

You are on your way to a make or break game and you are going to be late, don't video it on your phone for social media you absolute berks.

Whoever our new manager is I hope he is an absolute I am a twonk of the highest order to these "players" and really disciplines them.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu May 12, 2016 5:26 pm

Got to say Dolph's opinion on this is very disappointing and is systematic of the culture in football, 'that's it always someone else's fault'.

Sunderland hiring Allardyce has shown Benitez's appointment to be as ludicrous as everyone thought, if you're battling relegation you hire a specialist in those positions not a guy who's continually sacked for incompetence at big teams.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu May 12, 2016 5:35 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Got to say Dolph's opinion on this is very disappointing and is systematic of the culture in football, 'that's it always someone else's fault.

Are you some kind of imbecile?

The whole argument was Dolph basically saying "yeah the West Ham fans involved were idiots and aren't a reflection of the majority of West Ham fans, but Man U didn't help themselves and neither did the police".

But apparently it's "systematic of the culture in football" laughing

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu May 12, 2016 6:10 pm

Quite the opposite of my point. I'm sorry you don't seem to have gotten that from what I have posted. I would prefer you refrain from talking about me as an indictment of a culture of blame and fear.

We fully agree on how imbecilic the act was, i just feel there is more to this than "all West Ham fans are hooligans", and that poor preparation can and will put people at danger of the whims of morons.

By tarring a whole fanbase and club it creates a tension that football fans should have learned by now is unhealthy and dangerous, as well as allowing these things to happen again as any semblance of how management of these situations can be avoided is brushed aside because "they are all idiots, nothing we could do."

The police in particular should not be planning their duties based on people always following the law.

I think it's more of an indictment of this forum that people have been basically happy to ignore my point to instead personally attack me, and also other ordinary fans in general who have never acted as anything but an ordinary citizen when going to football.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu May 12, 2016 6:15 pm

John wrote:Just going to sign off from this thread now, hopefully we'll be back for the 17/18 season. Goodbye

Much like John our season has ended in a damp squib - someone is gonna get a heck of a bargain by signing Redmond off us this summer (only a year left on his deal)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu May 12, 2016 6:22 pm

Id say its more United fans lashing out after they likely missed out on the CL
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu May 12, 2016 6:29 pm

GSC wrote:Benitez on the verge of starting the season as Real Madrid manager and ending it being relegated from the PL

He hardly got us relegated...it was the muppet we had in before him. How is Benitez reputation spoilt. He made us better.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu May 12, 2016 6:34 pm

Fernando wrote:Sunderland 3-0

Goodbye Newcastle - No one will miss you Ok!

That's the spirit...instead of coming to a great stadium and crowd of 53000 you can enjoy the riverside with ten of their fans if they both to turn up.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu May 12, 2016 6:38 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:

He hardly got us relegated...it was the muppet we had in before him. How is Benitez reputation spoilt. He made us better.

It was a statement of fact, not an opinion about blame, chill.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next