The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Five British fighters that need to pee or get off the pot !!!

4 posters

Go down

Five British fighters that need to pee or get off the pot !!! Empty Five British fighters that need to pee or get off the pot !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 20:02

1. David Price - Beating stiffs won't cut it anymore.....People have already made up their minds you're as marketable as you're going to get....Try to win the lottery or retire !!...British champion is more than most people get..

2. Kal Yafai - Orientals used to fight for Straw weight, flys, super flys etc titles after 10 or so fights...You've been a pro 4 years and are lined up to fight a TBA in your 17th...Pick an ordinary super fly champ and get on with it !!...You're good enough..

3. Tony Bellew - 13 months since Cleverly....Whatever you want to do get on with it..

4. Brian Rose - Pick whichever alphabet champ you want to lose to and retire.....You were good fun but you're not quite good enough !!....No shame in that..

5. George Groves - After this fight......Time to go crap or bust vs Degale....and find out if you are world title material or not !!.....Degale isn't the real deal yet.... Don't wait till he is..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Five British fighters that need to pee or get off the pot !!! Empty Re: Five British fighters that need to pee or get off the pot !!!

Post by catchweight Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 20:40

I think Groves and Rose have already been there and back with some defeats. New trainer for Groves and 0 in 3 for title shots so he might not want to rush the next one.

Bellew seemed to put his world title ambitions on ice to act in Rocky. The exposure the film gets will probabaly be worth it but I reckon he get flattened by a good cruiser.

Yafai, I dont even know who is the division to make a relevent opponent. Price needs to decide whether hes found his level and wants to go on or whether hes not happy being just another heavyweight and wants to pack it in. There are fun and lucrative fights out there for him on the British scene if he wants to get involved but I dont know if his heart is it now.

Id throw Brook in there as well. What a time waster.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Five British fighters that need to pee or get off the pot !!! Empty Re: Five British fighters that need to pee or get off the pot !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 20:55

Valid points......

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 18 Jan 2016 - 20:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by irishbrads Tue 19 Jan 2016 - 8:11

catchweight wrote:I think Groves and Rose have already been there and back with some defeats. New trainer for Groves and 0 in 3 for title shots so he might not want to rush the next one.

Bellew seemed to put his world title ambitions on ice to act in Rocky. The exposure the film gets will probabaly be worth it but I reckon he get flattened by a good cruiser.

Yafai, I dont even know who is the division to make a relevent opponent. Price needs to decide whether hes found his level and wants to go on or whether hes not happy being just another heavyweight and wants to pack it in. There are fun and lucrative fights out there for him on the British scene if he wants to get involved but I dont know if his heart is it now.

Id throw Brook in there as well. What a time waster.

Brook would be top of my list, how he manages to fight dud after dud in one of boxings best divisions is beyond me, has lost all momentum since winning the world title

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Post by irishbrads Tue 19 Jan 2016 - 8:12

Also i think its unfair to label Groves in this bracket, at least he's trying, two world title stints, one against the number 2 in the division and one against a capable american in america shows at least he's trying

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 19 Jan 2016 - 9:23

catchweight wrote: There are fun and lucrative fights out there for him on the British scene if he wants to get involved but I dont know if his heart is it.

I don't think any fight is likely to be fun, when you know if the referee farts the breeze might knock you out.

Brook and Khan the two pot hoggers for me... And they're both sitting on the same pot.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down