The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+35
socal1976
Nay
Holymiky
Nico the gman
dyrewolfe
Alistair
Atila
nathan
Jermaine2015
compelling and rich
Stella
Breadvan
Lowlandbrit
1GrumpyGolfer
TopoftheChops
JDizzle
Duty281
sirfredperry
hampo17
guildfordbat
Mat
kingraf
Crimey
GSC
lfc91
Dolphin Ziggler
Corporalhumblebucket
westisbest
TRUSSMAN66
Hammersmith harrier
NickisBHAFC
Hero
Fernando
Ent
Good Golly I'm Olly
39 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 3 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 12 Jan 2016, 9:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Olly wrote:Would very much appreciate it if Utd stopped being poo thanks

Ta
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 3 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 13 Jan 2016, 10:47 pm

Pellegrini please stop playing Navas......and take him with you in the summer...

How many chances are you going to give this guy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 3 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Hero Wed 13 Jan 2016, 10:54 pm

I, like most people were expecting Leicester to begin to fade away, but it's starting to look very much that they'll get a CL spot, 8 points ahead of the 5th placed team which is West Ham.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 14 Jan 2016, 8:34 am

LiamB wrote:
LiamB wrote:The way Stoke are playing, I see them as the biggest threat to the current top 4, especially Leicester, if they begin to fall apart.

Said this a while back & I fully stick by this comment, Stoke are the one to watch now. I might of been wrong about it being Leicester though, it might be Tottenham instead, who look lethargic & have hit a brick wall.

Not too sure about this from what I saw last night, they didn't impress me that much - before the red card it was pretty even. They lack the midfield to take the next step at the moment imo - if they still had N'Zonzi then I'd be on board with your bandwagon
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 14 Jan 2016, 10:02 am

Still think that Marhez penalty miss against Bournemouth has given arsenal the title

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 10:31 am

And I still think that embarrassing Giroud miss last night, to complete his hattrick & give Arsenal the three points, will come back to haunt them & will probably give the title to Man City. City only three points behind Arsenal & you're more worried about a Mahrez miss......

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 14 Jan 2016, 11:10 am

Given how tight it is I don't think 1 miss has given anyone the title in a 38 game season.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 14 Jan 2016, 11:18 am

Olly wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:My bad, it was Stekelenburg, tired eyes saw the yellow on the fantasy football site.

Allardyce is wrong, anyway, Pantilimon was the reason they survived last year. 17 games this season, Sam has changed on him though. Still, he and Krul are both better keepers than Mignolet.

You need to get an eye check if you think Pantilimon is any good - he's just tall. Positioning woeful, too slow to get down to low shots, doesn't dominate like such a big man should. Not often I'm with crimey but am in this case

No chance. He was immense last season and has had to handle the most haphazard defence the Prem has.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 11:36 am

to be honest, i can't off the top of my head, remember any howler's of his. judging him is impossible, given he's dealing with wes 'baked bean' brown, john 'i should be retired' o'shea, sebastien 'how on earth did i make it as a pro' coates & younes 'not sure how dolphin rates me' kaboul.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 14 Jan 2016, 3:50 pm

Its rated for Sunderland's level, and he probably is still their best centre back.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 2:14 pm

Awful from Allardyce & his signing of Kirchhoff looks terrible. Tottenham 4-1 Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 2:42 pm

Newcastle XI: Elliot, Janmaat, Mbemba, Coloccini, Dummett, Colback, Shelvey, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Perez, Mitrovic

West Ham XI: Adrian, Tomkins, Collins, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Noble, Kouyate, Obiang, Payet, Valencia, Antonio.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 3:08 pm

Ayoze Perez gives us the lead

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 3:12 pm

B'mouth 1-0 Norwich - Gosling
Newcastle 1-0 WHU - Perez
Southampton 1-0 WBA - Ward-Prowse Doh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 3:17 pm

Wijnaldum makes it 2-0. Our front four looks quality & Shelvey has already made more penetrating passes, than Anita has done in over two years

Last edited by John on Sat 16 Jan 2016, 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 16 Jan 2016, 3:18 pm

Shelvey playing fantastically, Wijnaldum scores from the exact scenario Colo just stopped Antonio scoring from. Usually when we lose we collapse so this could get messy

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 3:21 pm

Newcastle have been playing well & have been waiting for things to finally click & do this to a side. Shelvey might be the answer, before him, they just had no central midfield whatsoever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 3:35 pm

Southampton 2-0 WBA - Ward-Prowse Doh

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 16 Jan 2016, 3:41 pm

Shelvey should have been booked already today and now chucks an elbow up.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 16 Jan 2016, 3:48 pm

I've no idea how Rudd wasn't sent off there
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 16 Jan 2016, 3:50 pm

Newcastle's tempo and the space we allowed Shelvey has really been the tale of the game. Combined with us playing like clowns

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 4:03 pm

socal1976 wrote:It's clear the antipathy of the stars for Jose's winning charm was the cause of the turmoil at Chelsea. What other conclusion could you draw the team is night and day since one guy left.

They really are awful still. We should of beat them in mid-week & by the sound of it, Everton are having no problems either with Chelsea today. Definitely not night & day, since Jose left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 4:09 pm

Back in it, Dolph

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 4:12 pm

Chelsea 0-2 Everton Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 16 Jan 2016, 4:15 pm

No signs of Chelsea turning a corner.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 4:22 pm

Chelsea 2-2 Everton - Costa & Fabregas

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 16 Jan 2016, 4:27 pm

Well that was fun

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 16 Jan 2016, 4:36 pm

We stink - why the heck we haven't spent anything yet this window I dunno - like they have their heads buried in the sand just like the summer
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 4:47 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:No signs of Chelsea turning a corner.

Chelsea 2-3 Everton

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 4:58 pm

Newcastle 2-1 WHU - Fantastic three points, wasteful in the second half though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 16 Jan 2016, 5:07 pm

Didn't turn up today and didn't deserve even a goal. Couldn't match the tempo early and with Payet off his game we missed having a real striker and really missed Lanzini. By playing three deeper midfielders we were sat off Shelvey and he dictated the first half.

It's a shame, if we covered our gaps this month with a couple good signings we could really cause issues up there, but we will probably drift.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 16 Jan 2016, 6:04 pm

What an awful penalty
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 16 Jan 2016, 7:29 pm

About time they had somebody else taking their penalties, cost them a lot of points so far this season.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 16 Jan 2016, 7:41 pm

Perhaps harsh on Leicester but in the context of their revised ambitions that's 2 points dropped. Undone a lot of the good work they did midweek
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 16 Jan 2016, 8:10 pm

Just read that every team that played away today also played away midweek. Not 1 away win today and the 5 away teams conceded 19 goals.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 16 Jan 2016, 11:31 pm

Get real, leicster have been incredible. Even with Vardy back to himself picking up points.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 17 Jan 2016, 9:19 am

Olly wrote:We stink - why the heck we haven't spent anything yet this window I dunno - like they have their heads buried in the sand just like the summer

Olly - sure I read a few days ago that you had signed some defender from Germany for about 8 million?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 17 Jan 2016, 1:18 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Olly wrote:We stink - why the heck we haven't spent anything yet this window I dunno - like they have their heads buried in the sand just like the summer

Olly - sure I read a few days ago that you had signed some defender from Germany for about 8 million?

Nope nothing confirmed yet mate - meant to have had Naismith wrapped up for the past two weeks but nothing. No idea what's going on
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 17 Jan 2016, 2:20 pm

So fouling Fellaini is fine but he touches anyone and it's an instant foul.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 17 Jan 2016, 2:29 pm

Come on someone just 2 foot someone. Make the game interesting.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jan 2016, 2:49 pm

Painful first half to watch, especially from a United perspective.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 17 Jan 2016, 2:54 pm

Not watched any United this year, apart from the two games against Liverpool, last time out they were pretty good. This time I understand the complaints, they're so sterile, no attempt to get forward and put pressure. Rooney totally isolated.

If Liverpool were better at finishing, think they'd be ahead already. Lucas has been very good.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 17 Jan 2016, 3:15 pm

Can't shake the feeling we'll lose this via a flukey goal.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 17 Jan 2016, 3:23 pm

2 boring sides putting on a boring game

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 17 Jan 2016, 3:30 pm

Lallana is just awful
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 17 Jan 2016, 3:40 pm

Roooooney

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 17 Jan 2016, 3:41 pm

That is a very good finish but Liverpool must be awful to let Fellaini do anything half decent.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 17 Jan 2016, 3:41 pm

Called that United would score some flukey goal, typical really.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 17 Jan 2016, 3:42 pm

How is that flukey, you couldn't deal with Fellaini in the air and it cost you.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 17 Jan 2016, 3:43 pm

It's a rebound, hardly a world class finish is it? Sorry, but when you score a rebound there is a huge amount of luck in it.

Or do you think he meant to head it against the bar so it then fell for Rooney? picard

Last edited by PaulHv2 on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 17 Jan 2016, 3:44 pm

Flukey? They've hardly deserved it, but it was a lovely finish by Rooney

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next