The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+36
Corporalhumblebucket
Atila
1GrumpyGolfer
JamesLincs
Holymiky
LondonTiger
BamBam
Lowlandbrit
Scott is Back
sirfredperry
socal1976
NickisBHAFC
Hammersmith harrier
lfc91
westisbest
Josiah Maiestas
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
Duty281
Crimey
Adam D
hampo17
LivinginItaly
Hero
newballs
guildfordbat
cherriesfna
kingraf
compelling and rich
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
Mat
Bull
40 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 17:12

Leicester City XI: Schmeichel; Simpson, Huth, Morgan (c), Fuchs; Mahrez, Kanté, Drinkwater, Albrighton; Okazaki, Vardy

Leicester City Subs: De Laet, King, Schlupp, Ulloa, Dyer, Schwarzer, Inler

Manchester United XI: to face Leicester: De Gea, Darmian, McNair, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Young, Rooney, Martial

Manchester United Subs: Romero, Borthwick-Jackson, Fellaini, Memphis, Pereira, Schneiderlin, Rashford

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Guest Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 17:15

Allardyce trying to develop 21 year old Duncan Watmore - he comes in in the 30th minute to replace an injured Jermaine Defoe and scores. Some think he might be potentially as good as Gareth Bale.

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 17:17

Carrick already back, didnt realise that. Defence looks very weak, and im surprised he'd drop the legs of Schneiderlin against Leicester with McNair playing.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 17:29

Cause I want Leicester to win the league lol.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 17:31

5-3-2? Looks like 3 in central defence. Probably makes sense, still think Schneiderlin would be a better pick

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 17:54

VARDY!!!!!!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 17:55

What a pass. What a finish!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 17:55

Doesnt matter what system you play if you cant be bothered to defend. Gwan Jamie, but awful, awful Man United

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 17:56

Duty281 wrote:What a pass. What a finish!

#englandsnumbernine

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 17:58

Olly wrote:
Duty281 wrote:What a pass. What a finish!

#englandsnumbernine

If only. The over-the-hill chancer, with a scoring record more inconsistent than Saudi Arabia's human rights record, will be starting over the most in-form striker in Europe when Euro 2016 rolls around.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 18:01

Leicester really are a joy to watch - in your face when defending, fast paced attacking when they get the ball - exhilarating stuff
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 18:03

The antithesis of their opponents today

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 18:17

Good strength shown by Schweini to get his head on that.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 18:18

Poor defending by both teams really HH, yeah ok he showed a bit of strength but with that many defenders at the front post it really shouldn't have reached him.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 18:34

Vardy record breaker.  I don't know why but I am incredibly pleased.  I think I am pleased because of the unlikelihood of it all - not long ago Vardy playing in non-league and for Leicester City who have languished outside of the top flight for some time. This season Man Utd have the meanest of defences in the premier league.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 18:53

For a team working the ball so slowly, how do they end up 2v3 at the back as Leicester break? Awful game management

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 19:35

Very disapointing today.

Played well by all acounts.
Another step closer to the trap door.
Probably deserved a point or even all three by all acounts.

Have to take your chances.

Off to S Marys next saturday, hopefully i can bring the team some luck.

Aint over yet.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 20:44

Quite depressing that the PL game between first & second was so devoid of any quality, bar the Vardy goal. Wasn't a great game, United were awful & the only reason people remained tuned in or interested in the match, was because of the record. Felt the Leicester fans also lost some spark after the goal had been achieved. The United vs City 0-0 was also a terrible game, that just highlights how poor the standard at the top of this league has dropped, in comparison to Europe's elite match ups.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 21:25

I always think top of the league clashes are reasonably dull in some aspects, but have that intriguing quality due to the chess game being played. El Clasico has probably been very different to this in recent history, but they've been awful spectacles to watch because of the behaviour of the players.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 21:33

Mixed thoughts on our game tomorrow. I do think our "style" could do well against West Ham, they seem better when there is space to counter-attack into rather than having to break a side down, but on the other hand it does back us into a corner.

We've been a bit hit and miss away from home. If we keep things tight early on and don't concede, we're alright. But if we do concede in the first half, you might as well write the rest of the game off cos Pulis isn't able to change his tactics and just ends up throwing on whichever attacking players are available. Can't see it being a thriller for the Sky viewers either way!

And on top of all that, we haven't won an away game this season when I haven't been there. Three wins from three games for me, and just the three goals too!

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 28 Nov 2015 - 21:47

I have no idea why they chose this game. There are games we will be interesting in and this isn't one of them.

First goal wins it. We have gone back to the real West Ham, which means weird mistakes and an inability to defend set pieces. I see a very frustrating 1-0 loss where I come out a lot angry but still happy we aren't managed by Pulis. That sounds like the start of a bitter dig, but hes not an exciting manager and I hope he isnt long term manager for West Brom because football needs to be about more than results for the teams who remain someone football clubs rather than businesses.

God I miss you, Dimitri Payet

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 12:51

Another dull game between two big sides in the PL. 0 shots on target for Chelsea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 12:55

Theres been 10 shots and some reasonable chances

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 13:52

West Ham:

Adrian, Jenks, Cresswell, Reid, Ogbonna, Kouyate, Obiang, Moses, Lanzini, Zarate, Sakho

Subs: Spiegel, Tomkins, Song, Cullen, Antonio, Carroll, Jelavic

Thought it would be Song over Obiang but whilst Obiang has been out with a knock he is way ahead on match fitness so probably why. Shame, I see Song as our best passer and would have been key in opening WBA up. And whilst I want Carroll out of the starting line up, I felt we needed variety of options to keep their defence guessing. He is a great sub though.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 13:53

WEST BROMWICH ALBION: Myhill, Dawson, Evans, Olsson, McAuley, McClean, Yacob, Fletcher (c), Morrison, Sessegnon, Rondon

Saido on the bench

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 13:56

What a horrific game that Tottenham Chelsea game was. Just awful
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 13:59

Id have thought this one wont be much better

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 14:22

Oh thats a perfect free kick

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 14:32

I've tried backing LVG as much as I can but it's time he left and we got someone in who can make the team play with some flair, in a couple of months he's stifled Martial's impressive start and that for me is indicative of him as a manager. Martial, Depay, Mata, Herrera, Lingard, Rooney, Young and Carrick are on such a tight leash it's suffocating their creativity, a team with those players in it should be playing a fast expansive wide game but this dull tick tock BS that we are.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 14:43

Think I read somewhere that Martial hasn't had a shot on target in a month or something - which is ridiculous and quite the indictment on the manager.

I'd say United might well be the worst team to watch in the league.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 14:46

To be honest, at Martials age, hes likely to be somewhat streaky. By all accounts, this is closer to the player the French media reported he was, so possible he had a hot streak.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 15:11

Typical

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 15:20

Norwich City starting XI
Ruddy, Wisdom, Bennett, Bassong, Olsson, Howson, Dorrans, O'Neil, Brady, Hoolahan, Grabban.

SUBS: Rudd, Martin, Mbokani, Jerome, Mulumbu, Redmond, Odjidja.

Arsenal starting XI
Cech, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis Sanchez, Giroud.

Subs: Ospina, Debuchy ,Gabriel, Chambers, Chamberlain, Reine-Adelaide, Campbell
--

Liverpool starting XI
Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Milner, Lallana, Ibe, Firmino, Benteke.

Subs: Toure, Henderson, Sturridge, Allen, Origi, Bogdan, Randall.

Swansea City starting XI
Fabianski, Naughton, Bartley, Williams, Taylor, Britton, Ki Sung-Yueng, Sigurdsson, Routledge, Ayew, Eder.

Subs: Nordfeldt, Gomis, Montero, Grimes, Rangel, Cork, Fernandez.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 15:30

Much better team WBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 15:35

Pa

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 15:37

Think the chance of scoring again has gone with Sakho off and a frontline of Jelavic and Carroll. Not sure I fancy us with no Sakho, Valencia or Payet for months.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 15:57

As I thought. Frustrated, but so happy I don't have to watch a side managed by Pulis. Should have won, got hit by the sucker punch, couldnt break through the entrenchment again.

Least I can offer an answer to team worse to watch than Man United. Claudio Yacob is everything but a footballer.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 16:06

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:As I thought. Frustrated, but so happy I don't have to watch a side managed by Pulis. Should have won.

Hopefully we don't have to endure WHU on Sky for at least three months. Extremely average side without Payet, having to watch Carroll & Jelavic attempt to play football is excrutiating.

You also didn't deserve to win, the draw was the fair result, agreed by all the pundits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 16:24

Gabriel coming on for Koscielny

Id put the defending so deep away if i were Norwich now

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 16:32

Ruddy showing how not to come for crosses in the wind.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 16:44

John Ruddy showing why he's not in the England Squad with the kicking ability of a sunday league keeper.

Norwich 0-1 Arsenal - Mesut Ozil

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 16:57

Norwich 1-1 Arsenal - Lewis Grabban

Poor by Gabriel.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 16:59

Nice finish by Grabban.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 17:06

Once we decided to stop passing it backwards and actually trusted ourselves to make the pass we started looking good. Brady again excellent.

Their goal - why did Olsson pass it back under little pressure, rubbish kick, O'Neil takes an awful touch and they're in.

Good finish by Grabban, can't tell who it was from my end who let him turn but thought Cech should've done better
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 17:43

What a save that is by cech.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 17:59

Swansea play like Barcelona..

In their own half !!.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 18:00

Ruddy'a kicking has been sensational today

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 18:10

Good win today, really should have won the game in the first half an hour, few poor touches from the attacking players. Great to see Henderson and Sturridge back and a win after Europe.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 18:30

Excellent performance and an excellent point once we woke up and realised we could pass the ball.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 29 Nov 2015 - 18:31

LiamB wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:As I thought. Frustrated, but so happy I don't have to watch a side managed by Pulis. Should have won.

Hopefully we don't have to endure WHU on Sky for at least three months. Extremely average side without Payet, having to watch Carroll & Jelavic attempt to play football is excrutiating.

You also didn't deserve to win, the draw was the fair result, agreed by all the pundits.

sure thing Liam. I actually don't like your fans having to go through this and the majority dislike Pulis' tactics, but you're too desperate to have some sad fight. Personally, I can accept that it will be poor short term but likely good long term to build from the Pulis base. Worked for us with Sam.

We bossed you first half to the extent you were lucky to have none, and played some excellent football doing it. You got in only 1 behind, got the lucky goal and dug in. 

Lanzini tired and without Payet he is our creator. Sakho getting injured was a big blow and we are certainly lesser without him, Valencia and Payet.

There's no way a draw was fair on balance, considering there was one team in it first half and two second half. Kinda easy maths. Rondon is a very good find though, and Jonny Evans is a very good defender who would be exceptional for you if back in the middle. I think that was a mistake and allowed us to control the early game; Moses certainly isn't good enough to deserve a specific plan. 

We were the better team and undeniably the more interesting one. But the result is a good one for your lot and bravo.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next