The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faletau has one more 6 Nations and then MUST be dropped.

+18
TightHEAD
wayne
robbo277
Gwlad
bedfordwelsh
Rory_Gallagher
johnrgby
ScarletSpiderman
majesticimperialman
beshocked
WELL-PAST-IT
munkian
HammerofThunor
No9
nathan
Notch
Seagultaf
Exiledinborders
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Faletau has one more 6 Nations and then MUST be dropped. - Page 2 Empty Faletau has one more 6 Nations and then MUST be dropped.

Post by No9 Wed 09 Dec 2015, 3:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, Taulupe has done it and signed for Bath for next season. Although, I guess the money has played some part, it should meant the end of his international days.

Gatland has already laid down the ground rules, of only 2 players playing outside of Wales being selected (with exception of those signed before the ruling) and with Jamie Roberts signing with the Quins, North resigning with the Saints, Preistland with Bath (although saying he's taking a break from Welsh duties.. mmm) amongst others who have yet to renew/sign contracts, ie Halfpenny. So if Gatland law is going to work, then it has to be enforced.

This brings me to the title of this post... Has this signing put an end to Taulupe's international days or will it just break Gatlands law and re-open the flood gates for players to put hard cash before international loyalties.

If Gatland and the WRU are serious in keeping the best players in Wales, they have to stand up as one on this, and drop a high profile name like Faletau, in the same way England have done with Steffan Armitage.

No9

Back to top Go down

Faletau has one more 6 Nations and then MUST be dropped. - Page 2 Empty Re: Faletau has one more 6 Nations and then MUST be dropped.

Post by wayne Tue 15 Dec 2015, 7:22 pm

TightHEAD wrote:
wayne wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:Gatlands words and threats are meaningless, Toby will continue to be selected no matter where he plays rugby.

The point about 1/2P, North, JD2, James and Phillips are that they were selected  for Wales when playing overseas so why was it an issue for Toby to play a higher standard of rugby when he was only another 30mins more down the M4?
I know he will be selected, I've already said so, you've now added another James, if it is Paul James you're talking about, he was denied full access to all Welsh squad sessions, he and Bath had come to an arrangement PRL stepped in and stopped it.
Higher standard of Rugby? are you having a laugh.

He may have been denied access but Gatland still selected him and Bath are a little bit better than Newport, so who can blame Toby for wanting to move. Erm
You play the standard of Rugby in a League, I make a 40 to 45 miles round trip to watch my standard of Rugby, I wouldn't go to the bottom of my garden to watch games in the AP. There is a slight difference in the circumstances of Paul leaving to what is happening with Faletau, so it is pretty obvious he would still select him.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Faletau has one more 6 Nations and then MUST be dropped. - Page 2 Empty Re: Faletau has one more 6 Nations and then MUST be dropped.

Post by offload Tue 15 Dec 2015, 11:54 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Chokers Bath are a better team than they once were, but other than a nice amount of money I don't see what else they offer. Toby has spent his career playing at the Dragons and has continued to achieve the highest honours in rugby; the higher standard of rugby in England and France chirp has proven to be a myth on many an occasion.

Sorry Mikey, I wish it wasn't true, but wanting it doesn't make it true. I've held season tickets with the Dragons and Bath over the last 8 years and the standard of rugby in the AP has been SIGNIFICANTLY better than most of the dros served up by the pro 12. Wales have done relatively well in that time, but it's got little to do with the quality of rugby at our 4 "regions"!
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 16 Dec 2015, 12:48 pm

offload wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Chokers Bath are a better team than they once were, but other than a nice amount of money I don't see what else they offer. Toby has spent his career playing at the Dragons and has continued to achieve the highest honours in rugby; the higher standard of rugby in England and France chirp has proven to be a myth on many an occasion.

Sorry Mikey, I wish it wasn't true, but wanting it doesn't make it true.  I've held season tickets with the Dragons and Bath over the last 8 years and the standard of rugby in the AP has been SIGNIFICANTLY better than most of the dros served up by the pro 12.  Wales have done relatively well in that time, but it's got little to do with the quality of rugby at our 4 "regions"!

That's just your opinion pal, and it sounds like you need to stop buying a Dragons season ticket Very Happy. I will admit that Dragons too often serve up dross and are inconsistent (for a No. of reasons) - Bath play good rugby on a consistent basis, and maybe that is what was also attractive to Faletau.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 16 Dec 2015, 1:57 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
offload wrote:

Sorry Mikey, I wish it wasn't true, but wanting it doesn't make it true.  I've held season tickets with the Dragons and Bath over the last 8 years and the standard of rugby in the AP has been SIGNIFICANTLY better than most of the dros served up by the pro 12.  Wales have done relatively well in that time, but it's got little to do with the quality of rugby at our 4 "regions"!

That's just your opinion pal, and it sounds like you need to stop buying a Dragons season ticket Very Happy. I will admit that Dragons too often serve up dross and are inconsistent (for a No. of reasons) - Bath play good rugby on a consistent basis, and maybe that is what was also attractive to Faletau.

I'll still buy a ticket - I'm a sucker for charity Very Happy

It's not just the Dragons - I'm finding it harder and harder to enjoy the pro12. One poor game after another. I don't know what the solution is but overall I'm not seeing much improvement, in fact I think it's getting worse Crying or Very sad
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 16 Dec 2015, 2:11 pm

Oh you little bugger...

I agree that is has got worse, but most teams are strengthening their squad so for that reason I think it will get better. The main reason for the worsening standards in the pro12 is the officiating IMO. It's the worst out of all the European rugby playing nations.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2