The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+36
Corporalhumblebucket
Atila
1GrumpyGolfer
JamesLincs
Holymiky
LondonTiger
BamBam
Lowlandbrit
Scott is Back
sirfredperry
socal1976
NickisBHAFC
Hammersmith harrier
lfc91
westisbest
Josiah Maiestas
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
Duty281
Crimey
Adam D
hampo17
LivinginItaly
Hero
newballs
guildfordbat
cherriesfna
kingraf
compelling and rich
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
Mat
Bull
40 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 19 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:12 am

First topic message reminder :

Leicester City XI: Schmeichel; Simpson, Huth, Morgan (c), Fuchs; Mahrez, Kanté, Drinkwater, Albrighton; Okazaki, Vardy

Leicester City Subs: De Laet, King, Schlupp, Ulloa, Dyer, Schwarzer, Inler

Manchester United XI: to face Leicester: De Gea, Darmian, McNair, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Young, Rooney, Martial

Manchester United Subs: Romero, Borthwick-Jackson, Fellaini, Memphis, Pereira, Schneiderlin, Rashford

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:22 am

Everton 1-0 Spurs - Aaron Lennon

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 19 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:45 am

Everton 1-1 Spurs - Dele Alli

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:46 am

Do their homework, alderweireld does that to Alli every game, did it at the hawthorns & scored

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:47 am

Alli has quickly shown this season that he more than deserved that England call up.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:24 am

Ali and Dier are 2 complete musts for France in the summer IMO.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:12 am

Whilst it was a much better performance by Chelsea, it's one that would be expected at the start of the season and begs the question why weren't they putting those kind of performances in for the 'Special One'?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:37 am

To be honest, Palace without Cabaye & Bolasie, is like Arsenal without Ozil & Sanchez. Don't think you can say why weren't they performing like this for Jose, today was just more of a case of Chelsea catching Palace without their two best players & at Selhurst Park, whereby Palace have actually struggled. It's not like Chelsea have turned the corner, still couldn't beat United & drew with Watford, I'm not sure they've achieved the results so far, to warrant the question of 'why was this not happening under Jose?'. If they win five on the bounce, then that question needs asking.

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:49 pm

It's clear the antipathy of the stars for Jose's winning charm was the cause of the turmoil at Chelsea. What other conclusion could you draw the team is night and day since one guy left.

Spurs continue to impress despite the draw. They should have won the at have 3-1. Still they are a club on the rise. Pochetino is one of the best managers and he trusted the young guys like alli and there are a number of them performing. I think they are the third best team in the league and are real contenders for the title.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:52 pm

socal1976 wrote:It's clear the antipathy of the stars for Jose's winning charm was the cause of the turmoil at Chelsea. What other conclusion could you draw the team is night and day since one guy left..

Couldn't beat a United side on its knees after the Stoke & Norwich defeats, drew with Watford at home & Hazard still looks awful & even further uninterested. One win vs a depleted Palace side at Selhurst, where the home side usually struggle & suddenly it's 'night & day' for Chelsea. I don't think so.

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:54 am

Didn't they also score three in the first league match without Jose when this season did they score goals at that clip under Jose. They are markedly playing better since the Special guy left. Their results and free flowing football speak volumes. Hell even Costa has gone from being a pro wrestler to a striker again. Not saying they are great but it it is hard not to see a big turnaround once Jose left. I mean they were one point above the drop, probably will finish somewhere mid table or better now, to me that is a night and day improvement.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:31 am

It is the players fault entirely for the slump this season, this is a team that comfortably won the title last season and they have not improved all that much since Mourinho left. We're crap and they caused us no problems whatsoever, we just couldn't score.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:13 pm

Well HH I get that those primarily responsible are the players on the field. But Chelsea is playing better without Jose. I think he is more than deserving of a fair share of the blame for turning all his stars who won him league last year into his enemies. As spoiled and self centered as the players are. We don't live in a binary or black and white world. He failed miserably this year. And frankly I can see why Jose could rub even many reasonable people the wrong way. If you have enough power to get an bumhole boss who annoys the sheet out of you fired as the players did well then you do it. Whether you work in dunkin donuts or Chelsea FC. It's human nature. He threw enough of his own guys under the bus to the media that probably the players didn't feel like loyalty needed to be a one way street.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:44 pm

Toure - few days
Lovren - 2 weeks
Coutinho - February

Scouser injuries from press conference

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:42 pm

The exact reverse order you would want those to be in if you had any control over it (obviously if you had any control no injuries would be the choice but you get my drift).

Bad news all round. Exeter on friday should have been a day for young players either way so not to fussed, but the following 2 games are both huge so having coutinho out (and lovren to a far lesser extent) is a big blow. The main downside now is that with so many attacking players out Benteke is guaranteed a start in both those games! Was hoping for a continuation of the no striker system until origi/sturridge were fit (slim chance with the latter).

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:05 am

So what was the point of Swansea sacking Garry Monk?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:04 pm

There was no point what so ever. Im expecting a Terry Connor situation now tbh.

In good for PL Sides this lovely table has been posted Laugh

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 19 2FE388D200000578-3388979-image-a-3_1452186904611

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:14 pm

Olly wrote:So what was the point of Swansea sacking Garry Monk?
Club gets a rid of a foreign manager and puts in a home grown one and people still complain Rolling Eyes Wink

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:26 am

Bojan Jokic and Gary Gardner on loan to end of the season
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:40 am

Should Liverpool take a punt on Charlie Austin?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:46 am

Austin ain't gonna run all day in a high press, too injury prone to go risking more money on, with Sturridge already there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:47 am

DAVE667 wrote:Should Liverpool take a punt on Charlie Austin?

No, there are four strikers currently in the squad. Obviously Sturridge has his issues, but I like how Klopp is handling it right now, and I think with this mini "pre-season" he's been given, I think it's worth giving him a chance to gain fitness. Danny Ings is out for the season but is still young and was playing well before he got injured. Origi is young and worth developing. Christian Benteke deserves at least one full year I think, despite not always playing fantastically, he has been scoring goals and I think so long as he keeps his head down and actually follows advice will come good. He's had a couple of stints out injured and has been in and out of the team, as well as the manager who really wanted him leaving, so I think he deserves a little lee-way.

Charlie Austin is a pure goal-scorer, but I'm not sure he'd actually be an improvement on anything we have. Then once Origi, Ings come back to fitness and maybe Sturridge, that's far too many strikers in the squad. I'd rather we stuck with what we have than sign Charlie Austin, who isn't particularly young or exactly a great fit into a pressing system.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:22 am

anyone seen this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35267662

what a self-centred, entitled pr#ck!!

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:58 am

Someone has to get him a birthday cake shaped like the award this year.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:49 pm

Olly wrote:So what was the point of Swansea sacking Garry Monk?

Poor results, slipping into the relegation fight. Swans fans wanted the football to turnaround for Monk. He was saying all the right things but nothing was changing. The reults, performances, players form. At least Curtis has steadied things and given some players a bit of confidence. Its a bit uninspiring keeping AC for the rest of the season, especially after all the furoe in the aftermath of Monks departure and the names being banded around. If we don't get 3 pts at home to Sunderland next weds then its certain doom...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:24 pm

Crimey wrote:

No, there are four strikers currently in the squad. Obviously Sturridge has his issues, but I like how Klopp is handling it right now, and I think with this mini "pre-season" he's been given, I think it's worth giving him a chance to gain fitness. Danny Ings is out for the season but is still young and was playing well before he got injured. Origi is young and worth developing. Christian Benteke deserves at least one full year I think, despite not always playing fantastically, he has been scoring goals and I think so long as he keeps his head down and actually follows advice will come good. He's had a couple of stints out injured and has been in and out of the team, as well as the manager who really wanted him leaving, so I think he deserves a little lee-way.

Charlie Austin is a pure goal-scorer, but I'm not sure he'd actually be an improvement on anything we have. Then once Origi, Ings come back to fitness and maybe Sturridge, that's far too many strikers in the squad. I'd rather we stuck with what we have than sign Charlie Austin, who isn't particularly young or exactly a great fit into a pressing system.

In no way can you rely on Sturridge anymore
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:59 am

GSC wrote:
Crimey wrote:

In no way can you rely on Sturridge anymore

Like I said, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope Klopp knows what he is doing this time. Sturridge hasn't had a pre-season since 2011, so that's a lot of times where he has had to come back straight into a team at 100% rather than easing back. Hopefully if he can be eased back this time, Klopp has resisted using him despite Sturridge saying he's ready, to make sure small niggles don't become months long injuries which is what has been happening.

Obviously I might be wrong, he might be given the time and he still suffers injuries, but I think it's worth testing this theory. Regardless, Charlie Austin isn't the answer to any questions Liverpool need answering.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:04 am

Sturridge is made of glass and all the player management in the world isn't going to change that.

He is what he is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:03 am

If (and it's a big if) we could get 60 mins out of Sturridge per game, I'd take it and stick Origi or Austin (when fit)on for the remaining 30. Sturridge has demonstrated that when fit he's more likely to score than not and we're looking high and low for a guaranteed goalscorer. In the state he's in now, no-one will buy him so the best bet is to realize that he's highly unlikely to ever play a full season and get out of him what we can.

One can only hope that Sturridge is coming to the same realization that 90 mins week in week out is probably beyond him. He doesn't just have the one recurring injury that surgery could sort out, it's always something else. If he was a car, you'd sell him for scrap but when he's on the pitch there's a genuine belief that he'll score which there isn't with what we have now.

Would love to see the partnership he forms with Ings though.

PS surely Flanno has to get a game soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:13 am

Fellaini and schneiderlein in midfield. A creative duo that has the rest of the league shuddering at the thought of it.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:14 am

Payet is back, life is worth it again

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:24 am

Shelvey on board, along with Saivet, should spark some kind of performance out of the boys tonight, knowing their places are up for grabs. Let's hope we end this seven hour goal drought tonight, but I won't hold my breath.

Last edited by John on Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:32 am

Garde makes 6 changes from saturday.

Good to see Bunn keeping his place in goal.

Also Kozak. Gestede has been absolute rubbish last few months, hopefully Kozak can have a good game.

Another frustrating 90+ minutes ahead i feel.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:34 am

John wrote:Shelvey on board, along with Saivet, should spark some kind of performance out of the boys tonight, knowing their places are up for grabs. Let's hope we end this seven hour goal drought tonight, but I won't hold my breath.

0-0 written all over it for me. two teams who are awful at attacking

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:55 am

Pen United - Terrible decision

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:55 am

He's given a penalty

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:55 am

unbelievable. Game Over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:55 am

Toon 0-1 United - Rooney pen.

Mike Dean having a shocker (no surprise)

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:56 am

That is a definite penalty, his arm is so far away from him that the ref had no other choice.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:58 am

stupid for him to have his arm stuck out there, first viewing i thought it hit his arm directly so a pen. fellaini headed against it makes it a tougher decision. still poor defending, asking for trouble putting your arms out there

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:59 am

Carroll off injured - Jelavic on

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:00 am

Never a penalty. Shambolic officiating.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:01 am

another look at it and its a pen for me

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:02 am

Bournemouth 1-0 West Ham - Harry Arter

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:02 am

compelling and rich wrote:stupid for him to have his arm stuck out there, first viewing i thought it hit his arm directly so a pen. fellaini headed against it makes it a tougher decision. still poor defending, asking for trouble putting your arms out there

Have you played football before? It's near on impossible to jump with you're hands by you're side whilst you're trying to defend a cross.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:03 am

I can safely say I have never jumped for a ball with my arm in that position, it looks like he attempts to handle it and misses.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:04 am

if its a cross and his arm is away from his body going towards the ball its a pen, no different with it being a header. if his arms were down i could understand but he's no right sticking his arms out putting them in the way

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:05 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:stupid for him to have his arm stuck out there, first viewing i thought it hit his arm directly so a pen. fellaini headed against it makes it a tougher decision. still poor defending, asking for trouble putting your arms out there

Have you played football before? It's near on impossible to jump with you're hands by you're side whilst you're trying to defend a cross.

many a time and if you jump for the ball like that i suggest youve been doing it wrong, he wasnt using his arms to leap. he was trying to get a hold of fellaini as he'd lost him

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:07 am

from jamie carragher (whos played football before)

100% a penalty. The defender wasn't jumping, he knew the ball had gone over his head & had his arm up which stopped MF's header.

you know its a pen if a scouser is agreeing with me!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:07 am

Fellani not in the book. 3 fouls should merit a booking. Incredibly I agree with Robbie savage.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:08 am

poor keeping for the Bournemouth goal

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next