The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+36
Corporalhumblebucket
Atila
1GrumpyGolfer
JamesLincs
Holymiky
LondonTiger
BamBam
Lowlandbrit
Scott is Back
sirfredperry
socal1976
NickisBHAFC
Hammersmith harrier
lfc91
westisbest
Josiah Maiestas
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
Duty281
Crimey
Adam D
hampo17
LivinginItaly
Hero
newballs
guildfordbat
cherriesfna
kingraf
compelling and rich
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
Mat
Bull
40 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 18 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leicester City XI: Schmeichel; Simpson, Huth, Morgan (c), Fuchs; Mahrez, Kanté, Drinkwater, Albrighton; Okazaki, Vardy

Leicester City Subs: De Laet, King, Schlupp, Ulloa, Dyer, Schwarzer, Inler

Manchester United XI: to face Leicester: De Gea, Darmian, McNair, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Young, Rooney, Martial

Manchester United Subs: Romero, Borthwick-Jackson, Fellaini, Memphis, Pereira, Schneiderlin, Rashford

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 18 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:54 pm

John wrote:
Fernando wrote:nothing like confirm your sh*t by being trashed by Sunderland....Just look at Newcastle....

that was the ref, who ruined the game, we were totally dominant in that game, but like now, we have no finisher at the club. Also, we just basically outplayed Arsenal.....

That's nice, Thanks for the 3pts though Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 18 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by GSC Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:55 pm

Sometimes you have to win ugly in this league. Arsenal did that.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:58 pm

The only positive is that Ashley is an astute businessman & will spend massively this window, for a piece of that £2.9bn TV deal. We need to get Michy Batshuayi is ASAP, none of this waiting around for Jim White nonsense, get the deals done right now. McClaren seems to of sorted us out defensively, three back to back 1-0 defeats, but it's hindered us offensively. Is depressing seeing awful sides like Norwich & WBA keep winning, so we need to turn things around sharpish.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:58 pm

GSC wrote:Defoe makes it 3-1

Bye Villa.

Shouldn't you be saying hello Villa Very Happy

Dont know whether to laugh or cry.

What was Derby's points record, 11?

So we need 4 more draws to beat that, cos we aint gonna win a game.

This championship better be good craic.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:58 pm

That De Gea save was routine, any keeper in the League would have saved it comfortably.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:59 pm

The Championship is great fun westy
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:59 pm

GSC wrote:Sometimes you have to win ugly in this league. Arsenal did that.

No doubt it will be called a poor performance though...Not grinding out a result like champions do Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:01 pm

John wrote:The only positive is that Ashley is an astute businessman & will spend massively this window, for a piece of that £2.9bn TV deal. We need to get Michy Batshuayi is ASAP, none of this waiting around for Jim White nonsense, get the deals done right now. McClaren seems to of sorted us out defensively, three back to back 1-0 defeats, but it's hindered us offensively. Is depressing seeing awful sides like Norwich & WBA keep winning, so we need to turn things around sharpish.

I'd rather have 3 points in the bag, while watching depressing football, than staring at the possibility of playing Walsall or Burton Albion next season Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:02 pm

GSC wrote:The Championship is great fun westy

Good to hear.

Forest away will be on my radar.
Great night out.

Hooters it is OK

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:03 pm

solid solid result from Arsenal. They used to lose those
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:03 pm

That hooters must be their most profitable one Laugh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:06 pm

Been there before when i went with the lads to see Forest Bournemouth.

Good laugh, was a great day/night, hopefully its a saturday.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:14 pm

Watford: Gomes (GK); Nyom, Cathcart, Britos, Holebas; Capoue, Watson; Abdi, Deeney (c), Jurado; Ighalo.

Bench: Arlauskis (GK), Prödl, Behrami, Guedioura, Anya, Berghuis, Oulare.

City XI: Hart, Kolarov, Otamendi, Mangala, Sagna, Yaya Toure (c), Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, Sterling

Subs: Caballero, Bony, Navas, Zabaleta, Fernando, Clichy, Demichelis

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:45 pm

this tweet is gold

" @THABISO_LFC
1m
Once got a girl at a turn up. After I got
sloshed, I apparently told her about
Liverpool's tactical problems."
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:43 pm

League is getting more and more handed to arsenal

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:54 pm

I can safely say i'm now glad we didn't sign Otamendi.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:58 pm

Takes a special finance desk to spend as much as Citeh have for utter Filth. Guess that's the disadvantage of having a guy in charge who didn't work for his money. Willing to part with crazy money for nothing. Heir head
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:17 pm

Their decent acquisitions just pulled a robbery thoight
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:18 pm

though
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:47 pm

Excellent stuff from the nodge over Christmas 6 points from 9, and some real daylight put between us and the bottom three. Now need to make those signings and push on
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:36 pm

LiamB wrote:
John wrote:The only positive is that Ashley is an astute businessman & will spend massively this window, for a piece of that £2.9bn TV deal. We need to get Michy Batshuayi is ASAP, none of this waiting around for Jim White nonsense, get the deals done right now. McClaren seems to of sorted us out defensively, three back to back 1-0 defeats, but it's hindered us offensively. Is depressing seeing awful sides like Norwich & WBA keep winning, so we need to turn things around sharpish.

I'd rather have 3 points in the bag, while watching depressing football, than staring at the possibility of playing Walsall or Burton Albion next season Laugh

Not everyone would

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:39 pm

Gil's goal is top notch. Worthy of winning any game(shame it wasnt today).

Also great play from Traore to set it up.

Thats about as good as it gets though.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:43 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
LiamB wrote:

Not everyone would

Yeah I wouldn't...although tbf Newcastle are staring at that possibility while playing depressing football
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:53 pm

Villa actually conceded a goal where the opposition were trying to keep the ball in the corner.

Hilariously bad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:55 pm

Shocking to watch.

Bit worried about Wycombe next saturday.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:52 pm

Olly wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
LiamB wrote:

Not everyone would

Yeah I wouldn't...although tbf Newcastle are staring at that possibility while playing depressing football

Depressing results, not performances. Liverpool, Spurs, Everton & today at Arsenal, we played very well. The problem is putting the ball in the back of the net, which is something our strikers, in particular Mitrovic, can't seem to fathom out. It's easy to look at our league position & assume we must be playing terrible football, but we really aren't.

Must admit Olly, you've done very well since we annihilated you 6-2 a couple of months ago. Hopefully we can bring in Michy Batshuayi or Loic Remy & start picking up points, because it's starting to worry me now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:11 am

John wrote:
Olly wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
LiamB wrote:

Not everyone would

Depressing results, not performances. Liverpool, Spurs, Everton & today at Arsenal, we played very well. The problem is putting the ball in the back of the net, which is something our strikers, in particular Mitrovic, can't seem to fathom out. It's easy to look at our league position & assume we must be playing terrible football, but we really aren't.

Must admit Olly, you've done very well since we annihilated you 6-2 a couple of months ago. Hopefully we can bring in Michy Batshuayi or Loic Remy & start picking up points, because it's starting to worry me now.

Yeah seemed that beating you laid on us was a watershed moment for Neil - he's altered our style slightly so we're less gung ho and more focus on defence and it's working so far.

Christmas has gone better than anyone could've imagined. 9pts from Utd (a), spurs (a), villa (h) and saints (h) is great. Thought we'd get 6 at most tbh.

Now we need to make some solid additions in the window and continue to pick up wins. Realistically 5 more wins has us safe imo.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:12 am

The difference is attempting and failing to play one way and then purposefully playing low thought football the other. 

But, should they smartly shift Berahino then they might make money to do clever business. What Pulis is doing is acceptable if it's the foundations. There are quite a few unsettled domestic players who could make a difference to West Brom.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:55 am

Arsenal were poor today and Newcastle outplayed us at home. That being said you have to be able to grind out results when not at your best. Kos for me is one of our four most important players. To win the the league this year we need Ozil, kos, Alexis, and Cech healthy down the stretch. Cech was man of the match, terry isn't as dim a caveman as he looks he was right Cech is worth ten maybe 15 points in standings. I have been screaming that we needed a world class keeper for quite some time and that Scz wasn't good enough. Since the sale of RVP Wenger has bought Cazorla, Giroud, monreal, Ozil, Sanchez, and Cech and hasn't paid a nickel over bargain price for any of them, Wenger out!

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:04 am

John wrote:
Olly wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
LiamB wrote:

Not everyone would

Have to agree with John. Newcastle has looked good last couple of months can't see them being relegated. They are playing much better than last year when we just rolled over them. I think Mitrovic will come around and if he gets time will bang in enough to see Newcastle clear and clear comfortably. They created half a dozen good chances on the road against the league leaders if they do that against lesser opposition I think they will make a late surge.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:18 am

I think Villa would struggle in the championship. They should focus for next season now. Don't think Garde is the bloke to bring them back up as well.

Sunderland and Newcastle I think will be the other 2 to drop. Swansea with an outside chance.

Think Norwich and little old Bournemouth have enough spirit about them to stay up.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:27 am

When was the last time all three promoted sides stayed up?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:57 am

Fulham, Bolton & Blackburn 2001-2002 season?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:03 pm

2010-11 when coincidentally both Bolton and Blackburn were relegated having stayed up the only other time it happened.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:55 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:I think Villa would struggle in the championship. They should focus for next season now. Don't think Garde is the bloke to bring them back up as well.

Sunderland and Newcastle I think will be the other 2 to drop. Swansea with an outside chance.

Think Norwich and little old Bournemouth have enough spirit about them to stay up.  

Stating the obvious there nick, re Garde. Terrible.

Long way to go between now and next season, see who we sign/sell this month and in the summer.

Think we will do ok in championship. Obviously i would hope we bounce straight back.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:50 pm

hazard really doesn't fancy this league anymore, he's going off injured now from just slight knocks

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:28 pm

He's just been found out, teams know his strengths & ways to stop him now, he also lacks that top end speed. The truly world class players overcome the added attention from the opposition & step up through the gears, Hazard doesn't have the tools to do that.

As for the game, not surprised to see Palace struggling without the brains of Cabaye & the lightening pace of Bolasie, to trouble Terry

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:48 pm

Decent
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

I notice there isn't as much talk on here when Chelsea are winning, funny that Wink

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:01 pm

Holymiky wrote:I notice there isn't as much talk on here when Chelsea are winning, funny that Wink

I'm not sure you really wanna start crowing after one half decent win tbf Miky
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:03 pm

Only one game, but Willian has been quality all season, cracking strike. Late season charge will be interesting viewing, in a season of inconsistency, if Chelsea can string a run together, a 10 point deficit or so to fifth, at the half way stage of the season, is hardly insurmountable

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:07 pm

Naismith not in the Everton 18, seems like he'll be a yella soon
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:08 pm

I'll comment on us winning all i want.

This win has been more than half decent in my opinion, a good overall performance from the whole team and Zouma has been excellent. As John says, Willian has been the best player all season for us. Costa has picked up and looked impressive today, so has Mikel.

Olly i'm merely stating that it's quieter on the forum than usual when Chelsea are playing, i realise the season hasn't been great but we have picked up especially the past few weeks so of course i am going to be happy about that. You were slating your team which is well within your rights during the season and now you have had some results you have even turned your attitude around towards Norwich it seems.

I have been supportive of us during the season regardless of results and i'm the first to admit it hasn't been pleasant viewing for the most part but as i said it looks like we are picking up and turning things around which is what we need.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:15 pm

To be fair, everyones queued up to have a pop at Chelsea, Mikys entitled to enjoy a win.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:24 pm

Yeah let him enjoy his victory against a depleted Palace side Ok!

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:27 pm

Everton's starting XI: Howard; Coleman, Stones, Funes Mori, Baines; Lennon, Cleverley, Barry, Barkley; Kone, Lukaku.

Spurs' starting XI: Lloris; Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Carroll, Dier; Eriksen, Alli, Lamela; Kane.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:28 pm

A depleted Palace side that are in 7th?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:31 pm

When you look at who they had missing it's rather depleted with sides like Palace if you lose your best player its hits alot more then a top 6 side. (it wasn't a sarcastic comment btw)
Also position matters for little.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:33 pm

I know it wasn't and I get that they had players missing and granted they are important players for them but i still think that it was an impressive performance from us today and it shouldn't be taken away regardless.

I know that the position doesn't really matter too much at this stage but it is a good indication that they have been playing well if they are 7th after 20 games isn't it?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:38 pm

Wasn't that good a performance tbh was what you'd expect from Chelsea, Realistically if Palace do their job properly it's was 1-0. Delaney should of cut out the 1st goal no idea how he missed it. & the 3rd was a keeper mistake.

That being said you looked better then you did under Jose. Even Diego concentrated on football & not fighting and Mikel looked surprisingly competent for once

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next