The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumblings, rumours and more on WrestleMania

+11
NickisBHAFC
Hero
Ent
Gregers
Crimey
Samo
Marky
Fernando
Prometheus
psycho-gooner
Dolphin Ziggler
15 posters

Go down

Rumblings, rumours and more on WrestleMania Empty Rumblings, rumours and more on WrestleMania

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 26 Nov 2015, 8:02 pm

Is this the WrestleMania that spits back in the face of Vince McMahon? No Orton, no Rollins, no Rock, no Austin, no Ronda. What the reports tell us is that there are really no plans set for Mania. Ratings have been low, and whilst it isnt the most major priority, the man wont like it either. Not leading to Mania and not when the Network needs to buzz in Spring every year. And especially not when this was the target for biggest Mania yet.

So, how do WWE fight the lull? Its got to be working in Bryan's favour. It might even work in Sting's, although he certainly isnt much of a draw now hes done Mania and lost his two WWE matches. Its got to be an absolute given that HHH wrestles, not just because his ego suggests he will have to be part of what they want to be the biggest Mania ever, but because they need names.

Angle will be free, could this be enough of a scare for them to push for him? Or may they see this is a chance to bring back the Hardys?

Could the numbers over here scare them enough to push for interest in Asia...Hideo Itami would draw them numbers from there.

And with it being said no one cares for the Latino wrestlers they currently have...is Rey gonna be back?

Finally, with big names in short supply; does John Cena have a chance of winning the Rumble and headlining another Mania?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Rumblings, rumours and more on WrestleMania Empty Re: Rumblings, rumours and more on WrestleMania

Post by psycho-gooner Thu 26 Nov 2015, 9:37 pm

they could always...you know...use the talent they already have and build them up so part-timers wouldn't be needed?

In regards to Cena main eventing. I wouldn't be surprised but I can see why they would want to go with a tried and tested method of putting Cena in the main event.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Rumblings, rumours and more on WrestleMania Empty Re: Rumblings, rumours and more on WrestleMania

Post by Prometheus Thu 26 Nov 2015, 10:41 pm

CM Punk
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 26 Nov 2015, 10:58 pm

Tbh from what ive read the only thing nailed on about Wrestlemania is Taker vs Cena & unless he's retiring it's not main event.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 27 Nov 2015, 8:20 am

Kurt Angle is a good shout, could come in to work a program with Daniel Bryan.

Kurt Angle v Daniel Bryan
Brock Lesnar v ???
Roman Reigns v Sheamus w/Triple H - WWE WHC
Undertaker v John Cena
Kevin Owens v Sami Zayn - Grudge match
Dean Ambrose v Rusev - IC Title
New Day v ??? - 6 man match for US and Tag Titles

If this was the basis for WM32 I'd be content, with the likes of Austin and Michaels making apperances on the show to fill it out.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 27 Nov 2015, 8:42 am

I guess if wrestling teaches us one thing, it is never say never. But I will be truly stunned if WWE hire Kurt Angle to work a singles match.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 27 Nov 2015, 8:53 am

Reigns take the title at the Rumble, meanwhile Ambrose wins the Rumble. Seth makes a remarkable recovery and claims he is due his title back. Boom Shield Triple Threat.

A guy can dream.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:43 am

Yeah I'd be shocked if Kurt Angle works in a wrestling capacity for WWE again, I'm just not sure he'd pass a medical.

I'm going for:

Reigns (c) vs Brock Lesnar (rumble winner)
John Cena vs The Undertaker
Dean Ambrose/Dolph Ziggler/Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus/Rusev/Barrett
Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn
Bray Wyatt/Strowman/Harper vs The New Day
Andre Memorial Battle Royal
Sasha Banks (c) vs Nikki Bella vs Charlotte vs Paige

Then like Stardust or The Dudleys on the pre-show. That makes up who is available. The only other realistic possibilities of anybody else wrestling are obviously Triple H and Sting. I just think unless Reigns faces Triple H, which I don't think he does, he's not really got a spot on the card. He could always face a turned Sheamus, but I doubt it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:36 pm

What is a good number of subscribers for this WM?  It has to be well over 1.5M (and probably closer to 1.7M), I'm guessing, given that the number at the last Wrestlemania was around 1.3M.  So, that means generating around 300 to 600,000 new subscribers.  Big ask.  

It seems super unlikely that their historically most over talent will be in the ring (Hogan, Rock, SCSA).  I really think if they could have got Austin to lace up his boots and face Lesnar they'd have had a chance at something huge, but I can understand why that isn't happening.  

I think if you put Undertaker in a retirement match, that would generate interest, though I don't know if WWE is ready to dispense with him, or he with wrestling.  

Rey would add a few numbers, I mean nowhere near as many as that, but I'd expect a good few.  As might Daniel Bryan or CM Punk coming back to the ring.

I don't see any other wrestlers in WWE or outside popping massive numbers and new Network interest outside that.  So, then you have to look at what stunts you can pull.  

If Trump is out of the Presidential election by then, a hair match where Trump is represented by a wrestler facing ADR and Zeb I think could be a talking point.

Rousey I actually think has more chance of working this now she has lost because I think it benefits her and Dana White more to keep her profile high for a re-match.  Her in a ring with Steph might generate some interest.

I really don't know after that.....
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:34 pm

Right now Reigns vs Triple H makes sense from a story perpsective, but then you have the problem of A. Whos going to be in the championship match and B. Who does Lesnar face? Because WWE have done a urine poor job building up anyone else, theres no one Lesnar can feasably face at Mania, epecially with Reigns, Taker and Cena taken up.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 27 Nov 2015, 3:48 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing him against Sheamus

A) Cos it will be one hell of a physical brawl
B) We know Sheamus won't win

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 27 Nov 2015, 3:54 pm

Sheamus keeps the title, Lesnar wins the Rumble. I think it wold be a brilliant match, puts Sheamus over just by having that match with him (and I do think Sheamus has bags of talent when used right) and gives a very popular babyface win for Brock, yet he will easily transition to heel as he is probably the tweener in the E right now. Thus he can move on to a big SummerSlam match against Reigns.

For me, Bryan/Lesnar is still the ultimate top dollar match they have when it comes to filling all criteria, but I don't think we'll ever see it.

Reigns v HHH seems perfect.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 27 Nov 2015, 3:56 pm

Lesnar vs Owens could be done to push Owens to the moon with a win. Unlikely I admit but could easily do something like that

Jericho returning fir mania could be a good shout as well to put a bit more star power in

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Nov 2015, 7:30 pm

I think putting Owens against Lesnar would be a total mistake, Owens calling himself a prize fighter will look ridiculous up against Lesnar.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:50 pm

Gotta remember that you're the only person on that particular wagon of opinion Crimey.

Owens is the closest they'll ever get to a new Austin, but he needs to do his heel run longer to establish himself

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 28 Nov 2015, 1:10 am

Should have been a long build up to shield triple threat.

They ruined it as usual.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 28 Nov 2015, 8:46 am

Its too early for Lesnar/Owens unless you plan on putting Owens over. Otherwise it just kills his momentum stone dead.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 28 Nov 2015, 8:58 am

Jericho and Ambrose teased something a few months ago. Maybe that's a WM32 match in the pipeline. Don't underestimate the good that winning a singles feud at Wrestlemania will do for Ambrose.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 28 Nov 2015, 10:01 am

Ent wrote:Should have been a long build up to shield triple threat.

They ruined it as usual.

Prior to injury that was the bookies favourite to still happen for the title at Mania.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 28 Nov 2015, 6:01 pm

Its likely to happen at Summerslam now and Im perfectly OK with that. All three guys have great chemistry together and a triple threat keeps Reigns protected to a degree.

I think that if his court case wasnt still ongoing WWE would pick up the phone and put a call in to CM Punk. He would love nothing more than have them go to him and they would have to give him his Mania main event, but its not gonna happen.

The product is garbage right now but honestly im interested to see how they get out of this. This could be the kick up the arse Vince needs to seriously change things up.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 28 Nov 2015, 6:59 pm

The more I read about and around Daniel Bryan the less it sounds like he'll be back.

I just cant see them doing it on the back of their current roster. They should do, by building up stories and importance, but they havent shown any inclination to do that.

Cena, Taker, Brock, HHH. Those are the "big names" that are active and of use to WWE at the moment. You've got to think Sting/Taker will be on the cards, two big names, an easy story and also means someone like Cena can work a different match to add high profile.

I'm really undecided about the card.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 28 Nov 2015, 7:04 pm

Reigns vs HHH
Bryan vs Lesnar - WWE Title
Undertaker vs John Cena
Owens vs Zayn
Ambrose vs Jericho

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 28 Nov 2015, 7:24 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Reigns vs HHH
Bryan vs Lesnar - WWE Title
Undertaker vs John Cena
Owens vs Zayn
Ambrose vs Jericho

Honestly that doesnt fill me with joy. Undertaker/Cena is about 5 years too late and I dont think they could make me care enough about Jericho/Ambrose. Bryan/Lesnar is the match Lesnar wanted but I dont know how he feels anymore.

Apart from Reigns, Bryan is the only real option for me to face Brock Lesnar.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:15 am

It's interesting that in all of the suggested cards above that not one person has Bray Wyatt in any form of singles match. That in itself speaks volumes of how far away he is away from main eventing.

If anyone is screaming for a face turn after Mania it's Bray Wyatt. Have his 'followers' turn on him, let him go it alone. He could be the super face of next summer for me.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:26 am

I would have the Wyatts feud with the authority post mania. Wyatts wanna take down the Devil (HHH)

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:13 pm

I don't think Bray makes any sense on his own,either as a face or as a heel.
His character as a cult leader needs a cult to follow him,I was dubious when he set Harper and Rowan free but feel he can achieve so much more as leader of the family.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:35 pm

Bray Wyatt is gonna feud with Orton for Mania. Orton will be back around that time and he has beef with the Wyatts.

Didnt bring it up because its boring.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Tue 01 Dec 2015, 3:53 pm

Is Orton going to be back though?
I read that once his latest surgery has healed he needs to get pretty serious neck surgery that would mean his total time out would end up at over a year.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 01 Dec 2015, 5:03 pm

When Bray Wyatt talks it has as much impact on me as his dad's entrance music did.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 01 Dec 2015, 5:08 pm

Mr H wrote:When Bray Wyatt talks it has as much impact on me as his dad's entrance music did.

I know I mark out hard too

IRS! IRS! IRS!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 01 Dec 2015, 6:56 pm

Samo wrote:Bray Wyatt is gonna feud with Orton for Mania.  Orton will be back around that time and he has beef with the Wyatts.

Didnt bring it up because its boring.
Orton wont be back in a Wrestling ring until around June/July

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 01 Dec 2015, 7:17 pm

I think Wyatt could be used in fascinating ways. I often dont think about him at big events not because he is bad, but because I cannot think of ways in which this current crop of "Creative" would write him into a decent feud.

The guy could go up against anyone and it only needs a half coherent idea to make it work. He could go for the power grab and HHH, he could want to become the real "Beast" and take on Lesnar, he could be tired of the sell outs like Sheamus and could target him, or he could win the Rumble. I think he suffers in that if he isnt in a big match then he isnt gonna have any impact and is almost not worth showing.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 02 Dec 2015, 12:03 am

The problem with Wyatt is a booking one, there is never any consequences to his feuds, its the same A to B plan with more or less the same pay off then they go round the same circle again with a different opponent.

Bray has a good gimmick, he has a following, henis very over with the fans to, his character should be absolutely killing it but theres been no character development in almost two years, after his feud with Daniel Bryan at the start of 2014 he should have been heading for the top after that but they took his two followers off him without any real pay off or explanation, the explanation they did give felt like an after thought.

Then the whole thing with the Undertaker at WrestleMania should have been the making of him but Undertakers lack of involvement before or after Mania made Bray again look irrelevant, Bray Wyatt is supposed to be the master of mind control, he's got a group of 3 monsters who will die for him, he should be the strongest heel in the Company, after about 3 years he has very little to show for what he has and unless there is a radical (sensible) change to his booking the cycle will just continue

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 02 Dec 2015, 12:25 am

Rumblings, rumours and more on WrestleMania Original

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 02 Dec 2015, 12:40 pm

Owens v Lesnar discussed by WWE

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 02 Dec 2015, 2:16 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Owens v Lesnar discussed by WWE

Been there done that Whistle

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 02 Dec 2015, 2:43 pm

Inspired by House's inability to draw seeds. Sudden similarities occurring here;

both came to this conclusion due to poor judgement from the start
both are obsessed with the size of their scantily clad men.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 02 Dec 2015, 3:00 pm

Owens is a natural for Lesnar, the only thing he needs until thennis to go over everyone he feuds with as convincingly as possible

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down