The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just when you thought the WBA could not get anymore confusing.....

+2
All Time Great
wheelchair1991
6 posters

Go down

Just when you thought the WBA could not get anymore confusing..... Empty Just when you thought the WBA could not get anymore confusing.....

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 10 Oct 2015, 7:23 am

http://www.boxingscene.com/wba-explains-chris-eubank-jr-interim-title-situation--96765

Please use the and see if you can understand the WBA ruling on Eubank's interim title situation.

I sure as hell don't get it

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Just when you thought the WBA could not get anymore confusing..... Empty Re: Just when you thought the WBA could not get anymore confusing.....

Post by All Time Great Sat 10 Oct 2015, 9:26 am

I can help you, it's quite easy;

The regular champion is Danny Jacobs and he faces Peter Quillin on December 5th. The WBA's "super champion" at the weight is Gennady "GGG" Golovkin and he takes on IBF king David Lemieux in a unification on October 17th.

Interim champ is currently Chris Eubank Jr. He will be stripped of his title on the 25th October after defending it against Jeeta on the 24th October due to inactivity and a promotional change. This title will be given to the winner of another fight.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Just when you thought the WBA could not get anymore confusing..... Empty Re: Just when you thought the WBA could not get anymore confusing.....

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 10 Oct 2015, 9:29 am

As clear as mud, you strip a guy a day after defending the title its ridiculous

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 10 Oct 2015, 10:02 am

It only really becomes a farce if Eubank loses
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 10 Oct 2015, 12:13 pm

Interim titles does anybody really care about them, I wouldn't give a monkey's if I was Eubank, wont effect him at all, a BS title that means nowt.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 10 Oct 2015, 6:35 pm

Eubank cares enough to taunt BJS about not being a world champion ad nauseum

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 11 Oct 2015, 12:50 pm

Completely irrelevant because we all know the world champion is GGG. Nobody else. Unless you beat the man your not the man.

Unless Eubank beats GGG Canelo Cotto Lemiuex or Jacobs......then he ain't no world champion. Far from it. He got out worked by BJS

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 11 Oct 2015, 8:36 pm

So Tyson was only the champ when he beat Spinks...

Disagree.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 12 Oct 2015, 5:44 pm

It's up and down these days though mate.

I agree with what your saying to an extent.....

But Alvarez won his title against Matthew Hatton when it was vacant?

Pacquiao won the 154lbs title against Margarito

Just a couple of examples but you know yourself there are loads out there.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down