The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another mass shooting at a college in America

+33
Scottrf
Alistair
aja424
ShahenshahG
LivinginItaly
JuliusHMarx
Volcanicash
superflyweight
dummy_half
Good Golly I'm Olly
Pal Joey
Hero
TRUSSMAN66
Hoggy_Bear
kingraf
Duty281
Hammersmith harrier
greengoblin
Corporalhumblebucket
Dolphin Ziggler
XR
Rowley
ONETWOFOREVER
wheelchair1991
Mad for Chelsea
GSC
TopHat24/7
RuggerRadge2611
Pr4wn
navyblueshorts
seanmichaels
westisbest
Fernando
37 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Another mass shooting at a college in America  - Page 6 Empty Another mass shooting at a college in America

Post by Fernando Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:53 am

First topic message reminder :

Umpqua Community College was locked down Thursday morning after reports of a shooting on campus.

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office said the 911 center received reports of an active shooter around 10:38 a.m.

An Oregon State Police spokesman told CNN there were 10 confirmed deaths and more than 20 wounded. Hospitals as far away as Eugene were preparing to take patients.

The shooter was reportedly detained.

The FBI was sending agents from several offices around the state to Roseburg, and the ATF said it was sending additional units from Portland and a K-9 team to assist in the investigation.

Fire District No. 2 in Douglas County tweeted a warning for people to stay away from the area.

According to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office, students, faculty and staff were being transported to the Douglas County Fairgrounds.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Another mass shooting at a college in America  - Page 6 Empty Re: Another mass shooting at a college in America

Post by GSC Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:46 pm

To be honest bonjovi, I've given up on Trump ever being held accountable for anything he says or posts. At this point he could probably post that the victims deserved it and nobody would bat an eyelid
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Another mass shooting at a college in America  - Page 6 Empty Re: Another mass shooting at a college in America

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:33 am

When this was first reported there were 2 men 1 in the club shooting and another inside a car shooting.

Now we are told its 1 man with a gun who shot 50 dead and wounded 50 others he was then able to hold off police by himself before getting killed.

The San Bernardino case started with various eyewitnesses seeing 3 perpetrators who were white in the end it was a married couple from Pakistan.

Too much murky waters for me to dive in faithfully just like 9-11.

Stay safe people.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:06 pm

Have you got the first reports that state 2 shooters 1/2 (genuinely this time) as i've only heard the second version and that's all i've seen reported on BBC/ITV (don't get Sky tv and have crappy internet at the moment)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:47 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:When this was first reported there were 2 men 1 in the club shooting and another inside a car shooting.

Now we are told its 1 man with a gun who shot 50 dead and wounded 50 others he was then able to hold off police by himself before getting killed.

The San Bernardino case started with various eyewitnesses seeing 3 perpetrators who were white in the end it was a married couple from Pakistan.

Stay safe people.

Didn't take you long to play the race card FFS. Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:56 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:When this was first reported there were 2 men 1 in the club shooting and another inside a car shooting.

Stay safe people.

Didn't take you long to play the race card FFS. Rolling Eyes
His entire deck is comprised of race cards and one massive joker.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:24 am

Not playing any card. That was reported on sky news.

Dearby I got that report from rt news there were 2 shooters reported I will try to find it.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:43 pm

I put those two shooter reports down to the sheer panic and lack of coherence from those calling it in. I'd also add that in their need to be first with the breaking news, the various media outlets involved didn't bother with little things like checking their facts before they went on air.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:52 pm

There have been various eye witness accounts about more than 1 person involved, as well as other queries which I raised earlier.

It's ONETWO BS about San Bern being committed by 3 white people and thin pinned on a couple of unfortunate non-whites that's hogwash.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:38 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:There have been various eye witness accounts about more than 1 person involved, as well as other queries which I raised earlier.

It's ONETWO BS about San Bern being committed by 3 white people and thin pinned on a couple of unfortunate non-whites that's hogwash.
I can tell you now that eyewitness accounts are sometimes worse than useless...add to that the circumstances surrounding the situation in Orlando and you'll have accounts that are about as much use as t!ts on a grasshopper.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:20 am

Tophat such an idiot.

Sky news reported the eyewitness account of 3 white shooters in the San Bernardino case infact they were leading with the theory of what us media calls domestic terror I was not making it up moron.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:55 am

Proof??

Yeh, f*ck it, let's ignore the bits we actually know, concentrate on perhaps one person being able to tell a shade of skin colour in a war zone melee. Race-baiting muppet.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:58 am

They also witnessed more then 2 people bozo

Coward

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:22 pm

so you've no proof to back up your claim then?

No proof it wasn't the two people everyone else thinks it was and who claimed responsibility.

No, it must have been some white people.

Must be a white conspiracy.

Racist.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:25 pm

three eyewitnesses yesterday claimed the local MP was shot by a man who used an "old musket" or a "homemade gun" or a "sawn-off shotgun"

Eyewitness testimony isn't always reliable yet the BBC still reported it!

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:17 pm

Remember you referring to a well known black boxer as a monkey toppy, me and one other member gripped you for it at which point you defended that statement even though I suggested that if you called a black man a monkey on the street you would get an angry response.

Don't throw stones toppy I have always known what you are yet it baffles me that you comment on boxing a sport famed for its ''monkey'' sport stars.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:27 pm

Cut out the racism and 'yah boo!' comments please.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:33 pm

RAVE556 wrote:three eyewitnesses yesterday claimed the local MP was shot by a man who used an "old musket" or a "homemade gun" or a "sawn-off shotgun"

The BBC are reporting lots of things and choosing to not report others.

I looked at a lot of footage yesterday and maybe I just missed it but, like I say, I watched a lot of the rolling news footage, and I didn't hear once on the BBC that this man has a reported history of psychotherapy and medication?  
Now, he still did what he did.  I'm not absolving him of a crime.  He still murdered a poor woman in broad daylight and was intent on not just wounding her either - he meant to make sure she'd never get up again - but the story must be told.  
Why, in the time I was watching, was it never mentioned that this man might have serious mental health issues?  They mentioned other potential reasons for the violence but in the time I was watching, didn't mention that one.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:17 pm

SecretFly wrote:
RAVE556 wrote:three eyewitnesses yesterday claimed the local MP was shot by a man who used an "old musket" or a "homemade gun" or a "sawn-off shotgun"

The BBC are reporting lots of things and choosing to not report others.

I looked at a lot of footage yesterday and maybe I just missed it but, like I say, I watched a lot of the rolling news footage, and I didn't hear once on the BBC that this man has a reported history of psychotherapy and medication?  
Now, he still did what he did.  I'm not absolving him of a crime.  He still murdered a poor woman in broad daylight and was intent on not just wounding her either - he meant to make sure she'd never get up again - but the story must be told.  
Why, in the time I was watching, was it never mentioned that this man might have serious mental health issues?  They mentioned other potential reasons for the violence but in the time I was watching, didn't mention that one.

BBC didn't mention any reasons for the violence at first even though everyone else did. Beeb always get criticised for that...being behind everyone else in reporting the news. That's why they tried that disgusting sh*t with cliff richard to get the scoop ahead of time but ended up f*cking it up. I suspect the mental health reason didn't get quoted because they were waiting for medical confirmation rather than information from his brother.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:41 pm

Well it was in an article from a few years ago online - from the man himself admitting it (the mental illness).

So it was archive material and an actual quote that I found easily when I keyed in the man's name and the area where the killing happened not long after I heard that she had died.  

This was before I started to see the media outlets doing the same thing and quoting from the same article and showing the picture from the article.

So it could have been mentioned on the BBC as a possible avenue for investigation - certainly the later ones into the night.  They did mention the other potential reason - repeatedly.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:40 am

Who knows their reasons, the cynic in me thinks that the bigger story is the senseless murder of a married mother of two at the start of her political career but bring in the fact that the murderer had a long history of mental illness and suddenly they seem sympathetic to him and that slowly morphs into him also being a victim in this tragedy and that sort of thing doesn't sit well with the public at large.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:06 pm

Sod mental health.

He was a vile racist. Nothing more nothing less.

A terrorist that should be despised on the same level as the Rigby killers.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:45 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Sod mental health.

picard

If he was genuinely mentally disturbed, then why would you disregard that? Headscratch
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:02 am

1. Big IF.
2. No evidence as such so far.
3. I've a perennial issue with mental health being used as an excuse for criminality.

His mental health didn't make him racist. It didn't make him choose to pick up and gun, take it with him to murder someone.

It was an assassination and if he wasn't white people wouldn't be scrabbling to find an excuse for his actions.

It's a bit like how no kids are naughty these days, they've just all got some kind of diagnosable issue. This terrorist may have been fragile, but he was also clearly a massive c*nt. His crimes are due to the latter, not the former.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:07 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Sod mental health.

picard

If he was genuinely mentally disturbed, then why would you disregard that? Headscratch

Political Expedience. Make Farrage responsible for him. It's good copy.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:10 am

Not blaming Farage, or even his repulsive poster, for it. I'm blaming one putrid individual.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:55 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36563337

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:31 pm

Says it all really.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:07 am

I see a question there beside that article:

'What is Internalised Homophobia?'

Hmmm - Is it the excuse some people use to suggest it wasn't one of their own that did it?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:28 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:1. Big IF.
2. No evidence as such so far.
3. I've a perennial issue with mental health being used as an excuse for criminality.

His mental health didn't make him racist. It didn't make him choose to pick up and gun, take it with him to murder someone.  

It was an assassination and if he wasn't white people wouldn't be scrabbling to find an excuse for his actions.

It's a bit like how no kids are naughty these days, they've just all got some kind of diagnosable issue.  This terrorist may have been fragile, but he was also clearly a massive c*nt.  His crimes are due to the latter, not the former.
Hmm. Clearly a lot to learn about mentally unbalanced people then. I tend to agree that far too many are labelled as having mental health issues these days, but that doesn't mean this guy isn't seriously and clinically deranged. I'll leave it to the criminal psychologists to decide that though. Either way, he's going to be locked up for a long time - it's just the institution that's at question.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6