The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another mass shooting in the USA

+9
dummy_half
superflyweight
ONETWOFOREVER
GSC
Rowley
westisbest
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
wheelchair1991
13 posters

Go down

Another mass shooting in the USA Empty Another mass shooting in the USA

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:59 pm

With the news of a tragic mass shooting in the USA this time in a church do you ever see the gun laws changing?

Myself i don't because of the power of the NRA and other powerful gun pressure groups

Thoughts?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Another mass shooting in the USA Empty Re: Another mass shooting in the USA

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:44 pm

They'll never change because the right to bear arms is the second amendment written into the constitution by our founding fathers....

For the people to protect themselves against Government tyranny..........Unbelievable isn't it.....Can't see the USA having a dictator anytime soon !!!.

Gun and ammo manufacture is a six billion dollar a year industry with a quarter of a million jobs in it...

When you take into account also that many Southern Democrats are more right wing than Northern Republicans then you'll realise nothing will change...

The Bill of rights are sacred.....

May get a compromise on Assault weapons and increased background checks but that's about it !!..

Me I'd get rid of the second amendment tomorrow........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:50 pm

You can never change something that's guaranteed as somebody's 'right'.

It's why the HRA is suck a f*** up.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:59 pm

I always found it amusing the whole protecting ourselves against the government lark because if the goverment really was on a rampage no amount of arms or guns would save them

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:29 pm

No doubt the goons on fox news will say they need more guns after this sad episode

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:48 pm

The guy that murdered these people would have found another way to do it even if there was a ban on weapons. You can no more restrict a person from owning a gun than you can stop them being an bumhole and this kid is definitely one of those. bumhole with a gun or bumhole without a gun is still an bumhole, they're just one that has to work a bit harder to find a way to commit an act like this.

His uncle says he was a quiet type who got a gun for his birthday. FFS what's wrong with a Toblerone?

Anyway, they've caught the c*nt now, let's hope he's shot trying to escape!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:14 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:I always found it amusing the whole protecting ourselves against the government lark because if the goverment really was on a rampage no amount of arms or guns would save them

Your soldiers swear allegiance to the Queen and not your Government....

Bit of a problem if a Government wants to be tyrannical...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:11 pm

I know that truss i think that bit of the constitution regarding right to arms is daft and is out of date

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:27 pm

Race hate, sad, pathetic, whatever you want to call it.

Agree if no guns, always other ways of killing people.

Apparantly this guy went into the church an hour before he opend fire.
Let someone go and told them to tell the world about it, or something along those lines.

I'm surprised Dylann Roof didnt turn the gun on himself, whats some have done in the past.

Tragic.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:01 pm

Whilst I can see the argument that folk who want to do this will get weapons elsewhere if there were tighter gun control it is not an argument I particularly care for. Can only speak for myself, but I would really struggle to get hold of a gun, and whilst almost certainly know folk dodgy enough to get one they would care too much for me to get me one if I asked. Thee are state in America where you can buy a gun when you're drunk. That cannot be healthy.

However the issue is more deep than that. There are countries in Europe with reasonably relaxed gun laws and people in those countries simply don't see the need to own guns in quite the same way the Americans do. Remember reading an article in a magazine once about an NRA rally in Vegas, the writer was speaking to one of the delegates who was telling a story about another delegate who had wandered into the wrong part of tow, got into an argument with a pimp, took out his gun, shot the pimp in the leg, the pimp ha wrestled the gun off him and killed him.

The delegate telling this story said the moral is if you need to shoot someone make sure it is in the body or head so they stay down! Surely the moral is somebody introduced a gun into an already volatile situation and on the back of that someone ended up dead. When that is the mindset of large parts of the population what hope is there.

For all that though if the fact that once every few months someone will go on a shooting rampage and kill innocent people is not sufficient to convince people that mass gun ownership is a bad idea you suspect nothing will.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:28 pm

Dunblane shows even in a Country with firearm laws that when one is hell-bent on something he'll find a way..

I'm more worried about drugs than guns..They scare the crap out of me ....I know my Robbie has tried Cannibis....If his mother was to find out she'd kill him !!....

What can you do ??...Last person to lecture anybody on chemicals..

Drugs ruin more lives than guns..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:54 pm

It certainly seems a lot more rare than in the states which seems to have these murder sprees a few times a year.

Ultimately you'll never control all the nutcases, but surely any rational person could realise at this point that the toys need to be taken away. Far far too easy for a nutcase to act upon these impulses.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:27 am

Funny

If a Muslim commits this crime the whole religion is blamed

If an African American commits this crime the whole race is blamed

but when a white male does this sort of thing well he must be mentally unstable, sick, in need of help etc etc etc

BU**SH*T

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:46 am

Would guess the distinction between guns and drugs truss, is apart from the hurt you cause your family if you choose to take drugs the only person you are hurting is yourself, the same is not true of guns as this incident has proven. Whilst I agree incidents like Dunblane and Hungerford prove the old adage where there's a will there's a way, does the fact that 20 odd years on the names of these places are still etched on our brains, as are the names of the people who carried them out I'd guess in many instances, not show how unusual and infrequent such acts are over here. They happen with such frequency in the States the names of the locations or perpetrators soon leave the memory. I personally am with GSC, I can't believe the prevalence of guns and sheer ease with which they can be obtained is not a factor.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 am

Truss after dumblane the guns laws were tightened and very few situations like that have happened since.

If nothing happened on gun laws after sandy hook it never will i fear

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:09 am

I know that Chris Rock used it in a stand-up routine, but why not make bullets and ammunition really expensive for sale to the general public (allow authorised and regulated gun clubs, firing ranges etc. to have them at normal prices but under strict controls)?

People still have the constitutional right to bear arms but if they can't afford to load them the worst they can manage with the gun is a nasty pistol whipping.

Appreciate that the gun lobby would resist the introduction of any increased taxation on ammunition, but surely a joint initiative between responsible retailers could pave the way for a reduction in the amount of ammunition sold.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:47 am

Rowley's point above is important - purely the number of guns does not necessarily correlate with the amount of gun violence. Having said that, the US has THE highest number of privately-owned guns per head of any country: 89 per 100 people. Switzerland (where hunting is popular and the male population are military-trained) is 4th on the list with 46 per 100, while France and Canada are around 30 per 100.

UK has one of the lowest rates of (legal) gun ownership in the developed world, at 6.6 per 100 population, and my assumption is most of these are shotguns owned for hunting or by farmers.

Homicide rates are far higher in the US than in other developed world countries - annual rate (for 2012) was 4.7 homicides per 100000 population (3.55 being gun-related). By comparison, the UK rate was 1.0 (of which 0.04 were gun related), which is fairly normal for western Europe (Switzerland's rate, with abundant guns, is 0.6, 0.23 being gun related).

Overview - homicide is about 5 times more common in the US than in western Europe, and with 75% of these homicides being gun related. Switzerland has about 40% of a very low number of homicides being gun related and the UK only 4%.

There is some truth in the statement 'guns don't kill people, people kill people'. It is obvious though from the US figures that, at least in the US people with guns kill a lot of people. If you removed the gun-related homicides, the US murder rate is still a bit higher than the UK's, so there is a deeper issue to address.

Conclusion - it's not just about the prevalence and availability of guns, although that is clearly a contributory factor. There is an issue with the willingness to use guns to shoot at other people that really needs addressing, and that in my opinion relates to the US's self-image as to the Constitutional right to bear arms.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:14 pm

Once saw a programme about guns and there was some place in the USA (for the sake of argument let's call it Frigtard, Arizona) where, every year, practically the entire population of this town drove out to the middle of nowhere and en masse, fired their guns into a huge dirtbank created specifically for the purpose. The theory behind it was that everyone got to blast the sh!t out of something inanimate and release any pent up aggression thus negating the need to shoot a person in the face. As the camera panned along the row of people firing guns, there were people with small pistols, large pistols, shotguns, rifles, machine guns... and most terrifying of all, one guy with a machine gun mounted on the rear of his truck. What the f*ck would anyone need one of those for?

Someone on the BBC stated that to the best of their recollection, Obama had had to go on National TV to bemoan the tragedy of another high profile shooting at least 14 times during his Presidency.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:04 pm

dummy_half wrote:Rowley's point above is important -

Finally, it has only taken nearly 19,000 posts.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:14 pm

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:42 pm

It's not just hindsight which renders giving this kid a gun for his 21st birthday while he was on a cocktail of drugs a bad idea.

Personally can't fire a gun, but my girlfriend is a good shot, so...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:13 pm

After that runner got a gift for murder in SA.....I keep suggesting that we should move there to red...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:19 pm

Indeed, the courts of America would have shown proper justice.... After all, the system which acquitted George "I felt my life was in danger, so I went after him, and harassed him even though the police explicitly told me not to approach him, and shot him, but that's alright because chasing someone and getting into a scuffle is a justifiable reason to say you stood your ground if you shoot them" Zimmerman and OJ "If I did do it, this is how I would have done it" Simpson could probably be relied upon to find justice.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:19 am

Yep always been a big OJ supporter..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:23 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Dunblane shows even in a Country with firearm laws that when one is hell-bent on something he'll find a way..

Our gun laws were totally rewritten BECAUSE of Dunblane.

Like Australia, we reacted to mass gun-death tragedy by changing the law and have flourished since, America never will because gun ownership is a 'right'.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:42 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Funny

3 Muslim's just beat the cr@p out of a white kid. Haven't seen it being reported as a racist attack once. Gonna kick off about that too? Or is that the wrong 'colour' card for you to play?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:After that runner got a gift for murder in SA.....I keep suggesting that we should move there to red...

Oh the irony.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:04 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

3 Muslim's just beat the cr@p out of a white kid. Haven't seen it being reported as a racist attack once. Gonna kick off about that too? Or is that the wrong 'colour' card for you to play?

My boy got called "White trash" by some black posh boy at his school.........Teacher just ignored it.

Have a feeling had it been the other way around and the word been "black" ...I might have been going to collect him....

Denzil and Halle saying it was a great day for blacks when they won their oscars..............Imagine If someone dedicated their Oscar to all the white people............He wouldn't work again..

Remember that stupid Labour tart having a pop at some house because it had a union Jack in the window...

PC brigade has made it all very silly....Wonder where it's going to stop !!.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:08 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

My boy got called "White trash" by some black posh boy at his school.........Teacher just ignored it.

Have a feeling had it been the other way around and the word been "black" ...I might have been going to collect him....

Denzil and Halle saying it was a great day for blacks when they won their oscars..............Imagine If someone dedicated their Oscar to all the white people............He wouldn't work again..

Remember that stupid Labour tart having a pop at some house because it had a union Jack in the window...

I thought you voted Labour, Truss?

The very party that champion this politically-correct rubbish - where discrimination only works one way, where free speech and debate are inhibited, where humour is greatly curtailed.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:24 pm

People vote for a party for different reasons............

My Father was a shop steward in the print industry......

He's very left wing.......Me I'm in the center nodding left...

Blair's 1997-2001 government was hugely impressive..........

2001-2010 ...A complete disaster..

Certainly If I was a labour member I wouldn't be voting Corbyn..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

It'll probably stop when ponces like you stop making up cowpat excuses for sh*t performance. A la your Love sacks on the Adalaide Byrd thread. A notoriously sh*t judge is defended by you adding her gender into it.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down