The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hearn's monopoly- A problem for him, Boxing and the fans....

+8
wheelchair1991
AdamT
catchweight
BoxingFan88
hazharrison
Mayweathers cellmate
Soldier_Of_Fortune
TRUSSMAN66
12 posters

Go down

Hearn's monopoly- A problem for him, Boxing and the fans.... Empty Hearn's monopoly- A problem for him, Boxing and the fans....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 29 Sep - 11:22

Brook
Degale
Quigg
Selby
Eubank Jr
McDonnell
Joshua
Cleverly
Bellew
Crolla
C Smith
S Smith
Mitchell
L Campbell
Yafai
Cardle ???

All champions or top contenders with a decent chance of becoming champions..............With limited dates on SKY and with Brook, Joshua etc fighting four times a year at least.. How is Hearn going to pay these guys the money they want or give them the exposure once they step up ??.........

Eubank Jr won't come cheap and has a crappy belt......Callum smith is going to win a title.....Bellew is a cruiser so he's nailed on and Yafai and Campbell with the right opponents are nailed on champions...Probably Crolla too.....

Hearn has too many chefs.......

Hearn might be proud of his monopoly but it's going to come at a price for him and the fans..........Going to have to triple his PPVs....

Can't see any other way....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Hearn's monopoly- A problem for him, Boxing and the fans.... Empty Re: Hearn's monopoly- A problem for him, Boxing and the fans....

Post by Guest Tue 29 Sep - 11:39

We live in a society where silly c*nts are charging £4.50 for a bowl of cereal and even sillier c*nts are paying it. If people want to watch badly enough then they'll pay.

Back to top Go down

Hearn's monopoly- A problem for him, Boxing and the fans.... Empty Re: Hearn's monopoly- A problem for him, Boxing and the fans....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 29 Sep - 12:00

Clev v Bellew changed the PPV climate that's for sure..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 29 Sep - 12:13

#newagepromoting

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Tue 29 Sep - 12:27

Haye v Audley must have been the worst of all time.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 29 Sep - 12:34

The fighters will make their money through ticket sales (hence the "stacked" cards) predominantly. Few of those listed above can be classed as PPV stars (hence the way Hearn has large bills with fighters taking a cut of profits).

Selby and DeGale are managed by Haymon and so will probably fight on PBC cards in the US (rather than fighting exclusively in the UK).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 29 Sep - 12:36

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Clev v Bellew changed the PPV climate that's for sure..

I've said I'm sorry I don't know how many times Sad

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 29 Sep - 12:38

With more ppv events and cheapo mismatch regular sky cards held irregularly is the answer we are seeing. When you look back at the cards this year. He had enough dates to accomodate the stable but more ppv and less quality regular cards affords matchroom the best profits even though its crap for a lot of fans.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 29 Sep - 12:40

BoxingFan88 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Clev v Bellew changed the PPV climate that's for sure..

I've said I'm sorry I don't know how many times Sad

Unforgiveable. ... Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 29 Sep - 12:45

Hearn has 30 name fighters If you add Burns, Rose types.....

That's a 120 fights a year in how many dates ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 29 Sep - 13:26

Top 3 worst ppv

1.Haye vs Audley
2.Bellew Vs Clev
3.May vs Pac

Awful fights.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 29 Sep - 13:32

Wasn't Tyson v Francis PPV

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 29 Sep - 13:33

Not sure Truss. I don't think so?

I remember working in a hotel and watching it there.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 29 Sep - 16:41

AdamT wrote:Top 3 worst ppv

1.Haye vs Audley
2.Bellew Vs Clev
3.May vs Pac

Awful fights.

Khan vs McCloskey anyone?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 29 Sep - 17:44

That was bad.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 29 Sep - 17:47

Can you still class Degale and Selby as Hearn fighters now? After all they are with uncle Al now?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 29 Sep - 17:48

Match room seem to think so..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 29 Sep - 18:17

When you look at how thin the standard matchroom card is, i dont think they can blame lack of dates. For most of the matchroom cards it was like they were struggling to fill a card.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 29 Sep - 18:25

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Match room seem to think so..

If Hearn had any power with Haymon i doubt Degale would be fighting Bute in Canada

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 29 Sep - 18:27

Bute is an easy defence wheels....

Modern day Slobodan Kacar..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 29 Sep - 18:38

Still doubt Hearn would want it

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 29 Sep - 18:39

No future for Degale If he can't beat Bute types wheels..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 29 Sep - 18:52

Degale can't fight in Canada against Bute without Hearns say so, unlike in America Haymon can't perform dual manager/promoter/advisor duties without the BBBofC getting involved.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 29 Sep - 19:07

Hearn said before Degale signed for Haymon he wanted his next fight to be in London, i just don't think Hearn has control over him or Selby anymore in terms of who or where they fight

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Wed 30 Sep - 22:09

Is there any news on if Brook v Chaves will be kept ppv or changed?
Might be answering.my own question but it's still advertised as ppv on sky sports news.

Anyone buying without Klit v Fury?

No chance I will and I hadn't bothered to check the undercard of Brooks fight as Fury and Wlad were selling that for me.

Lots of rumours flying around about Wlads injury and one I see a lot is regarding the ppv share with matchroom. Probably nonsense but from what I've seen Wlads and co weren't happy about it. Obviously they would have prior warning of this so I don't believe it but it is a coincidence when he then pulls out a day after the press conference.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 30 Sep - 22:52

RanjitPatel wrote:Is there any news on if Brook v Chaves will be kept ppv or changed?
Might be answering.my own question but it's still advertised as ppv on sky sports news.

Anyone buying without Klit v Fury?

No chance I will and I hadn't bothered to check the undercard of Brooks fight as Fury and Wlad were selling that for me.

Lots of rumours flying around about Wlads injury and one I see a lot is regarding the ppv share with matchroom. Probably nonsense but from what I've seen Wlads and co weren't happy about it. Obviously they would have prior warning of this so I don't believe it but it is a coincidence when he then pulls out a day after the press conference.

Its still PPV without Wlad v Fury. Ive seen the full card and it is worse then Clev v Bellew 2 which i didnt buy either.

Truely tragic if anyone buys this massive turd of a card

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Wed 30 Sep - 23:04

From Sheffield arenas site, "Brook’s clash with Chaves is part of a huge night of action in Sheffield as former two-weight World champion Ricky Burns challenges Edis Tatli for the European Lightweight title and unbeaten Doncaster ace Gavin McDonnell defends his Super Bantamweight strap for the first time against Jeremy Parodi. Plus new Matchroom Boxing signing, Middleweight sensation Chris Eubank Jr."

Have to agree with you. I much prefer Jamie to Gavin and like watching Burns but wouldn't pay ppv for it. Eubank will probably fight a can for his first showing. Not much there for a ppv. In fact its really poor. Think there's a very good chance that this one will be a failure.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 1 Oct - 8:19

Hearn can't even build the fake enemies angle with this one

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 1 Oct - 15:53

Can't imagine anyone paying to watch Brook vs Chaves.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 1 Oct - 16:25

Dipper Brown wrote:Can't imagine anyone paying to watch Brook vs Chaves.

How many buys do you think it will get?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 1 Oct - 19:03

No idea to be honest, Wheels. I'm not well versed on such things so don't really know how much is a lot. But I'd have thought a lot less than Bellew Clev. Don't really see how they sell it. Like you say, there's no needle between the two.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 1 Oct - 20:56

Anyone paying to watch Brook vs Chaves wants their head looking at, I hope this PPV is an absolute flop, it would make Hearn realise he can't keep taking boxing fans for mugs.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down