The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotty Cameron Refurbishment / Personalisation service

5 posters

Go down

Scotty Cameron Refurbishment / Personalisation service Empty Scotty Cameron Refurbishment / Personalisation service

Post by theeldestboy Wed 01 Jun 2011, 1:50 pm

Has anyone used this before? I have a Newport 2 Studio Style putter which i absolutely love. It was very kindly bought for me as a gift by my brother while i was very unwell, and this was several months after i had mentioned to him that i had seen it in a shop. It was a really nice thought and it's more than just a golf club to me in that respect. However, for the first few months, i foolishly didn't replace the headcover between shots, and the soft metal head is now dented and scarred on almost every surface. Not only does this not look great (and i feel somewhat guilty for ruining a very pretty putter and and expensive gift) but there is also a 4-5mm dent on the insert which may reduce performance.

So, i'm going to send it back to Scotty and have it refurbished back to the original finish, plus i will have a small personalisation, probably my initials on the toe, or maybe my brother's initials somewhere as a reminder of his kind thought.

It's by no means cheap - in fact i could easily get a decent Scotty on ebay for less - but in this case i don't mind. On the website, after you've selected from the dozens of available options, it says that the service can take around 50 days - a long time but i guess if each putter is given a personalised service it's worth the wait. And beside, in reality that only maybe 12 rounds of golf or so.

Has anyone else used the service? Were you happy with the results? And did you go for a straight refurbishment or some personalisation as well?
theeldestboy
theeldestboy

Back to top Go down

Scotty Cameron Refurbishment / Personalisation service Empty Re: Scotty Cameron Refurbishment / Personalisation service

Post by drive4show Wed 01 Jun 2011, 1:53 pm

Not used it but I have an original oil can putter that was used and abused by it's former owner. Have considered getting it refurbed in the past despite the cost because they are pretty rare things now.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Scotty Cameron Refurbishment / Personalisation service Empty Re: Scotty Cameron Refurbishment / Personalisation service

Post by theeldestboy Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:00 pm

I'll let you know d4s. It'll be going this week. I will also be sending my brother's Scotty Cameron, which was given to him as a gift by a very, very, wealthy American individual with whom he was good friends. So rare is this putter it seems that i cannot seem to find it on the Scotty website, despite searching through the whole archive. It's slim, black, "tradionally" shaped with a plumbers neck with Titleist written in white on the back. There are similar ones on the Scotty website, but they were all manufactured years after he was given his. Perhaps it was a prototype?

Anyway, it's been used and loved but is now showing some signs of rust so it'll go back too for a top-up. However, his "vintage" putter certainly won't have any dancing initials put on it...it'll go straight back to the original finish - as i image your oil can putter will.
theeldestboy
theeldestboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 01 Jun 2011, 3:06 pm

Brother-in-law had his Newport redone, and it's well worth it. Comes back like new, if not better and you can have the authentification sheet that goes with it, and even choose the grip/colour or even have your name/initials on the back, but it does look great ..... SO USE THE HEADCOVER IN FUTURE thumbsup

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 01 Jun 2011, 3:56 pm

TEB

Your brother's sounds similar to mine, a Ping Anser style one in the black uncoated finish? Mine also has Titleist on the back.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Wed 01 Jun 2011, 6:18 pm

Eldest - keep us informed on here please. I have a teryllium that needs refurbishing as well and have looked at the site, but not taken things further, because I wanted to know the results. Laugh A'm so tite Ah squeek.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Scotty Cameron Refurbishment / Personalisation service Empty scotty refurb / refinishing

Post by putterman Thu 30 Jun 2011, 12:30 am

theeldestboy wrote:Has anyone used this before? I have a Newport 2 Studio Style putter which i absolutely love. It was very kindly bought for me as a gift by my brother while i was very unwell, and this was several months after i had mentioned to him that i had seen it in a shop. It was a really nice thought and it's more than just a golf club to me in that respect. However, for the first few months, i foolishly didn't replace the headcover between shots, and the soft metal head is now dented and scarred on almost every surface. Not only does this not look great (and i feel somewhat guilty for ruining a very pretty putter and and expensive gift) but there is also a 4-5mm dent on the insert which may reduce performance.

So, i'm going to send it back to Scotty and have it refurbished back to the original finish, plus i will have a small personalisation, probably my initials on the toe, or maybe my brother's initials somewhere as a reminder of his kind thought.

It's by no means cheap - in fact i could easily get a decent Scotty on ebay for less - but in this case i don't mind. On the website, after you've selected from the dozens of available options, it says that the service can take around 50 days - a long time but i guess if each putter is given a personalised service it's worth the wait. And beside, in reality that only maybe 12 rounds of golf or so.

Has anyone else used the service? Were you happy with the results? And did you go for a straight refurbishment or some personalisation as well?
go to www.theputterroom.com fantastic and as good as any also go to squashman67 on ebay and see his refinishing on scotty's

putterman

Back to top Go down

Post by putterman Thu 30 Jun 2011, 12:34 am

Scotty now dose not do all the work anymore he sends it out to other workshop to finish on his behalf

putterman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down