The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cameron refurbs

+5
sharrison01
Marcus
McLaren
Doc
LondonJonnyO
9 posters

Go down

Cameron refurbs Empty Cameron refurbs

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed 02 Mar 2011, 12:52 pm

Anyone ever had a refurb performed by the cameron people?

I'm thinking of getting my napa restored to full and original beauty.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Cameron refurbs Empty Re: Cameron refurbs

Post by Doc Wed 02 Mar 2011, 1:10 pm

http://www.scottycameron.com/customization/modifications.asp?mp=1&st=customization

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/79224-scotty-cameron-refurbishing/

http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/scotty_cameron_putter_restoration_and_custom_shop

http://www.golfalchemy.co.uk/alchemy-refurbishment-c-51.html

LJ have a look in the top 3 links for the proper Scotty refurb. I know a bloke who sent a couple over and he reckons that they both came back like new, and one even came with original authentification certificate (He requested this) Turnaround time was less than 35 days, and the extra shipping costs wer $60 because it was UK not USA. Or check out the UK place if you want a cheaper job done thumbsup

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 02 Mar 2011, 7:18 pm

London

If you post it to me I will fully refurbish it for no cost other than the p&p. PM me if you are interested.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed 02 Mar 2011, 9:44 pm

An interesting offer Mac... And I know you wouldn't keep it as it's not got a hickory shaft. Wink
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Wed 02 Mar 2011, 11:21 pm

I've had a few done, as so has one of my pals. Bloody expensive but they do come back like new, with added benefits of funky head covers and grips.

8 week turnaround.

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 03 Mar 2011, 10:11 am

what was the cost from the UK?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Thu 03 Mar 2011, 11:01 am

LJ, I would have thought that a refurb on your napa would dramatically reduce the value of it as it would then not be the original one. If you want it done for purely playing reasons then it is obviously worth it but for purely cosmetic reasons you would then turn your original and unique napa into just another refurb by Scotty Cameron.

Just a thought but one you may wish to look into and consider...

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 03 Mar 2011, 11:16 am

there is that as well harrison... but what I was thinking of was a complete restoration by Cameron rather than making any changes.

So I might be able to get the original finish rather than having something else on there.

I'd talk to them first as it is so unique.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Thu 03 Mar 2011, 11:16 am

Jonny...

Just dug out my old invoices for the three I sent away. I had full restoration, custom paint fill, custom headcover, custom grip, bumper stamping & custom shaft band on all of them.

In addition, on one of them I had two additional sight lines put on, and on another had a single sight line put on.

The total cost was between $280 (£170) and $370 (£230) per putter, depending on what I had done.

If you're going for a standard refurb with no extras, the cost is $145 (£90). My Teryllium cost $195 (£120) before extras as they replace the insert.

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Thu 03 Mar 2011, 11:39 am

I'm always on the look out for Scotty's that I can add to my collection and to be honest would not touch one that has been refurbed. Now that they offer this refurbing service there will be lots of Scotty's out there that have ben refurbed with smiley faces/four leaf clovers/ dollar signs etc where people think that they are doing something original and unique whereas this just makes the untouched originals ever more original and unique.

The refurbishment service will probably always be there so unless you are looking to do it for purely cosmetic reasons, my opinion is that it would be a waste of money and risk the chance of devaluing it. An original Scotty can be sent off by anyone at any time to be refurbed but a refurbed putter cannot be undone. I would be surprised if you get the cost of the refurb back on top of what it's already worth and you would only reduce your market by excluding those that would prefer a proper original...

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 03 Mar 2011, 12:17 pm

Guys I may be missing something here, but understand the loss of any retail value by having the club refurbed. But by having it done at Scotty, which puts it back to its original pristine condition, and believe you can also get the original certificate of authentication etc, surley this would increase any resale value as its like new and in fact better because of the crtificate. Scotty have a register of all their rare putters and know where they are etc. In other words its an original, rare piece of kit which Scotty know about and not a far east knock-off

Can't see LJ collabarating with the yanks though laughing

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 03 Mar 2011, 12:23 pm

Doc wrote:Can't see LJ collabarating with the yanks though laughing

I dunno. I'd colloborate the hell out of Megan Fox.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Thu 03 Mar 2011, 12:29 pm

Doc, see what you are saying but I look at it that a unique and original putter released by Scotty, say, 10 years ago cost <£200 like any other Scotty but may now be worth upwards of £1000. In 20 years, assuming the appetite for anything Scotty continues, a good percentage of these putters would have been refurbished leaving unrefurbished original ones as a rarity. Anyone can have a Scotty refurbed at any time so it does not add anything apart from the time and hassle for having it done, which is relatively minor.

I see as the same as the question of whether to have an extension put on your house - it may cost, say, £50k but will only add that plus a small premium to the property for your trouble but not really much more because anyone could come in and put their own extension on and would then get the bonus of having it to their preference rather than yours.

I would rather buy an untouched Scotty that I could do what I want with for £1000 than a refurbed one that somebody else has tinkered with for £1300, assuming a refurb costs £300...

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 03 Mar 2011, 12:33 pm

sharisson I'm with you thanks.

LJ big question to you is, are you going to?

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 03 Mar 2011, 12:38 pm

At the moment I'm undecided... It would be nice to have it fully refurbed back to 'showroom' condition.. but is it really worth it for a few little scratches on the sole?

I'm not planning to sell it at the moment anyway.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Thu 03 Mar 2011, 12:39 pm

I don't buy putters with the thought of selling them in the future, so I couldn't give a damn about what any modifications will do to the value. I want something that's individual to me.

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Thu 03 Mar 2011, 12:43 pm

LondonJonnyO wrote:At the moment I'm undecided... It would be nice to have it fully refurbed back to 'showroom' condition.. but is it really worth it for a few little scratches on the sole?

I'm not planning to sell it at the moment anyway.

If you are planning to continue using it then it will not be showroom condition with 6 months of getting it back and you will be out of a few hundred $'s. Keep the putter as is and go play a couple of good courses that you haven't played and always wanted to - far better use than lining a Yanks' pockets...

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 03 Mar 2011, 12:55 pm

I've got an original oil can version of the Newport which was given to me by a tour pro. It has been well used and abused, the surface is quite rusted now. I am tempted to get it refurbed even though I don't use it anymore, just because I think it's a thing of beauty.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Cameron refurbs Empty scotty refurbs

Post by putterman Thu 30 Jun 2011, 12:40 am

Go to www.theputterroom.com also go to ebay squashman67 check this out fantstic work and great value plus only 2 weeks turn a round

Last edited by putterman on Thu 30 Jun 2011, 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total

putterman

Back to top Go down

Post by putterman Thu 30 Jun 2011, 12:41 am

ebay squashman67

putterman

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 30 Jun 2011, 8:44 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:
Doc wrote:Can't see LJ collabarating with the yanks though laughing

I dunno. I'd colloborate the hell out of Megan Fox.

Come one LJ, Keep the British end up. You know it's Bella Emburg or nothing!

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:19 am

Contrary to what's been said, I was always of the understanding that a custom Scotty added value? I know we're talking refurb here but why not just add a custom at the same time?

I had a custom made Newport a few years ago, sold it for over £300 (needed the cash and the putter was no longer my favourite). Didn't make a profit as such but got my money back.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down