The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+52
Dass
Redrage
links
Skydriver
LadyPutt
navyblueshorts
Fernando
Enforcer
KeizoYamata
No1yankee
1GrumpyGolfer
Marcus
BlueCoverman
Lairdy
barragan
tarka
ScottieD18
JohnnyH
raycastleunited
Scottrf
JDandfries
beninho
goldwolf
Nay
super_realist
Bob_the_Job
Diggers
SmithersJones
Adam D
JPX
oldparwin
McLaren
dynamark
sharrison01
kwinigolfer
Yadsendew
Doon the Water
JAS
oldshanker
Doc
MustPuttBetter
Noshankingtonite
Faldono1fan
theeldestboy
graeme
Maverick
Rossa
puligny
LondonJonnyO
Davie
Mercurio
drive4show
56 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by drive4show Wed 01 Jun 2011, 1:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

The old 606'ers know the score, discuss anything on here that doesn't fit in on any other current thread.

But be warned, usual rules apply. ANYTHING that goes 'on topic' will be deleted!! Yahoo

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers Fri 09 Dec 2011, 10:30 am

I love it, amongst the huge fallout the one constant is you two having a good old bicker. Keep it up boys, will keep this place feeling like home.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 09 Dec 2011, 10:44 am

No I have not been on Wikepedia, not everything that people know these days comes from wiki. Although quite a lot does.

Anyway super, I expect a better comeback than accusing we of using wiki from you.

Super if you leave I don’t know what I will do?????
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 09 Dec 2011, 10:48 am

The way you hurredly quote things makes it appear as if whenever you are short on information you quickly get on Wikipedia and search for an answer that makes you appear to know what you are talking about.
You've certainly done that in the past to back up your criticism of Trump in Aberdeenshire.
I doubt you know any more about Middle Eastern history or politics than anyone else, especially as your knowledge of UK history and poilitcs is so wishy washy.
Fair comment?

By the way Iran was called Persia in the period to which you refer Wink

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 10 Dec 2011, 3:18 pm

Anyone else watching the man utd v wolves game?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 10 Dec 2011, 3:19 pm

thumbsup

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 10 Dec 2011, 3:28 pm

I am in no way complaining about the scoreline, but where was this form on Wednesday night. I doubt Basle are any better than wolves?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 10 Dec 2011, 3:32 pm

Mac,
I think they missed Carrick on Wednesday - lots of critics love to hate him, but no-one else does the donkey work he does. Plus Park was in Sunday-League-on-Purley-Way form. Should have picked Welbeck.
But they haven't replaced VDS's leadership and commanding presence in the goal area. Shot-stopping and goalkeeping are two different things.

goldwolf not happy with this Wolves beginning.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 10 Dec 2011, 3:36 pm

I think a team like utd are more concerned with a keepers ability to start an attack than anything else.

As for carrick I actually quite like him and think either him or fletcher should start.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 10 Dec 2011, 3:38 pm

Also, I dont claim to be a tactical genius but what does Jones offer in the middle?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sat 10 Dec 2011, 3:49 pm

You mean other than a good engine, tackling, ability to run with ball, and decent enough passing

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 10 Dec 2011, 3:52 pm

nay bother

Agreed he is proficient at all of them but a Manchester united midfielder should offer a little more guile and game breaking ability. Lets face it we should be aiming for Barca not workmanlike efficiency.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 10 Dec 2011, 4:01 pm

But he's not there for the guile, surely?
Not sure what Jones's best position will finally be, but his motor gets him into positions, both defensively and in attack that are terrific. Love that power coming forward, love the never say die attitude at the back.
Only saw Duncan Edwards in grainy newsreel clips, but Jones reminds me of a right-sided Kevin Beattie who's the best of that type I've seen.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sat 10 Dec 2011, 4:01 pm

Every team, needs a workman like player, Evening barca have the Busquests or Kieta, or Macharano, Guardiola himself was this type of player

Real have Diarra and Alonso.

Winning the ball back is every bit as important, as trying to score. Man U's treble winning team had Keane in this role.

Now i see and i think fergie does as well smalling and Jones as the centre defence partnership of future, but with man u's midfield being so week at moment, needs must in playing jones there

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 10 Dec 2011, 4:04 pm

Jones is no Busquests.

Anyway game back on for wolves now.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sat 10 Dec 2011, 4:13 pm

Jones, starts that attack for the 3rd goal very well

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 10 Dec 2011, 4:15 pm

Shows how much I know.

Just to say I think he is a great player just as a CB not a MC.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sat 10 Dec 2011, 4:19 pm

I think the issue is Man u, have no one who can play that role just now due to injury and form,

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 10 Dec 2011, 4:22 pm

What's the deal with Darren Fletcher, not on the bench today? Seems a bit of a mystery about whatever's been ailing him the past nine months, speaking from 3,000 miles away.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 10 Dec 2011, 4:27 pm

Kwini

I think he has just lost his place to Jones, and maybe giggs is the preferred option on the bench.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 10 Dec 2011, 4:46 pm

Nay Bother wrote:You mean other than a good engine, tackling, ability to run with ball, and decent enough passing

Decent enough passing is OK at home to Woves, not good enough against better teams though. Also he dives in a fair bit and you never see a top drawer defensive midfielder do that.
Has the makings of a fantastic CB abd these games in midfield wont do him any harm but he is not the answer to Man Utds problems. Good to see Rooney get a few goals though.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 10 Dec 2011, 4:48 pm

Diggers

I agree, power and pace will do against wolves but intelligence (in passing/football terms) and cunning is what we need against the better teams.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 10 Dec 2011, 4:52 pm

That's why you have three other midfielders.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 10 Dec 2011, 4:58 pm

You dont always play 3 others though, and even if you do if one of them dives in and gives away free kicks in dangerous areas that is not good against top drawer sides.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 10 Dec 2011, 5:01 pm

Being a little bit facetious, Digs, but Jones has very strong qualities, makes tons of chances, perhaps not through guile, but by energy and power.

Fabulous goal by RVP.

And an even better win by PFC!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 10 Dec 2011, 5:05 pm

RVP is most definitely MVP at the moment, I wonder if he fancies playing in the Europa league after christmans?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 10 Dec 2011, 5:12 pm

Not sure about tons of chances, he makes a few. But he does have a lot of good qualities. The days of the bombing midfielder are maybe becoming a bit numbered, I hope so anyway. Mind you Daglish clearly doesnt think so after spending all that cash on Henderson who has a good engine and not much else.
I think Beattie was a much better footballer than Jones Kwini, he would have gone on to win a lot of England caps, probably as skipper, if he hadnt got crocked.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 10 Dec 2011, 5:35 pm

Henderson seems to be playing very well to my TV eye after nine months of huffing and puffing, looking very jaded.
I know what you mean with regard to Jones though, he'll never be like Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes and Giggs just passing the ball sideways, keeping possession for ever, crowd snoozing until . . . . there's an opening, defence-splitting pass, goal.
Still have to see about Jones vs Beattie - KB was fabulous as a young player, but he was always in defence with a licence to power forward. Think that's Jones role for next year, with either Smalling or a repaired Vidic. SAF needs to have a Plan C for right back though.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 10 Dec 2011, 5:49 pm

Anyway the big game tonite is El Clasico. Can Madrid put some daylight between them and Barca ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 10 Dec 2011, 5:55 pm

More football chat on here than the footie board.

Wish d4s would return, even if just to his thread.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 10 Dec 2011, 5:58 pm

Think he is happy as a pig in the proverbial over on the golf punk forum Kwini. Most of his mates are there so really cant see him coming back over to the dark side.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 10 Dec 2011, 6:04 pm

diggers

You mean a forum run by golf punk or are you just calling davies place golf punk forum?

If you post on there is there any chance you can post an article asking if any of them will reconsider?

Is there much action or is the place dead? I am unsure who went across and if there were many of them.

Anyway, we have to get some really good golf chat on here over the coming weeks so they see what they are missing. come on guys this is my attempt at rallying the troops. I am bashing my chest if it helps!
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 10 Dec 2011, 6:12 pm

The content is all a bit golf punk Mac but Im sure there will be some good stuff as well. There is no way any of them will come back, LJ is very visible on the new site and he for sure wont come back and I cant see his buddies abandoning him.
Im certainly not going to get involved in asking any of them to come back on here, they all know where the site is if they want to return.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 10 Dec 2011, 6:16 pm

Always liked d4s, really enjoyed his contributions.
Apart from the obvious, the last time I linked there (Thursday) most of the people posting have also been on here so quite a bit of double-dipping. Adam talks about some people having a go at him, but only really saw true vitriol from one or two.

That's OK, If we can't have some compelling stuff on here, we don't deserve anyone's patronage.
But there's a lot of quality on here, so hoping we'll attract some of the doubters.

Digs, Agree about LJ and one or two others, but am pretty sure most who haven't completely burned their bridges will be back, or at least waver between the two.
No point in asking anyone to come back, we have to earn it.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 10 Dec 2011, 6:20 pm

True Kwini. Its a bad time of year for golf chat after this week anyway, all goes a bit quiet on the pro front and clearly people arent playing as much in the winter.
Have to have a think about what would make for some good new threads.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 10 Dec 2011, 6:21 pm

Fighting talk kwini, I actually like the idea of the challenge in earning peoples willingness to post on here again. I will make an effort in the coming months to post the highest quality drivel I can muster.

I wonder where they dragged LJ back form? Actually I imagine him and mav will get along nicely.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 10 Dec 2011, 8:31 pm

Looking through the old 606 pages gave me an idea, what we need is section that is sort of the penguin classics bit of the forum. We could repost some of the all time classic threads. I am thinking the dog's debate would go down well...............
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 10 Dec 2011, 8:41 pm

I wish I could have seen Simba's tirade against the Admin.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 10 Dec 2011, 8:44 pm

Super

No not the old pages from here, the pages from bbc 606.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 10 Dec 2011, 9:02 pm

Real one up after 24 seconds....madness

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sat 10 Dec 2011, 9:06 pm

Diggers there's chat in the chat box about game if you want to join

Anyone else want to join as well

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sat 10 Dec 2011, 10:36 pm

Jones gets man of match today lol

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 10 Dec 2011, 10:52 pm

Kwini

Who knew, at one point this is what the american flag looked like. Do you reckon you could hang it in your front garden?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_the_British_East_India_Company_(1707).svg
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 11 Dec 2011, 5:23 pm

Dive?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 11 Dec 2011, 5:28 pm

!
Penalty and a dive.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 11 Dec 2011, 5:32 pm

To me it looked like he was going down about a second or so before the challenge came in.

Anyway, it is a damn good game.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun 11 Dec 2011, 5:44 pm

Modric fell over his hair style too many steps after the challenge. Having said that Adebayor's equalizer should have stood.

Shame about the sending off, bit soft

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 11 Dec 2011, 5:46 pm

He did trip him, although no idea why he tried to make the challenge.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 11 Dec 2011, 5:49 pm

What is more immobile at moment, Van der Vaart or luke donald from the top of the world rankings?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun 11 Dec 2011, 5:51 pm

He could easily have stayed on his feet, he was well past be man with no one near him. Thing is you hang a leg out you are asking for trouble.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun 11 Dec 2011, 5:51 pm

Where did the fergie time come from?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next