The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+52
Dass
Redrage
links
Skydriver
LadyPutt
navyblueshorts
Fernando
Enforcer
KeizoYamata
No1yankee
1GrumpyGolfer
Marcus
BlueCoverman
Lairdy
barragan
tarka
ScottieD18
JohnnyH
raycastleunited
Scottrf
JDandfries
beninho
goldwolf
Nay
super_realist
Bob_the_Job
Diggers
SmithersJones
Adam D
JPX
oldparwin
McLaren
dynamark
sharrison01
kwinigolfer
Yadsendew
Doon the Water
JAS
oldshanker
Doc
MustPuttBetter
Noshankingtonite
Faldono1fan
theeldestboy
graeme
Maverick
Rossa
puligny
LondonJonnyO
Davie
Mercurio
drive4show
56 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by drive4show Wed 01 Jun 2011, 1:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

The old 606'ers know the score, discuss anything on here that doesn't fit in on any other current thread.

But be warned, usual rules apply. ANYTHING that goes 'on topic' will be deleted!! Yahoo

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Thu 06 Oct 2011, 1:21 pm

"More likely she'll be getting divorced round about election time. Who'll get the children? Whose ever they are??"

Did tiger ever play in the Alaska open?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by drive4show Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:56 am

I was in one of the golf superstores in Myrtle Beach today and this guy was in the next indoor driving bay next to me.

http://www.tglongdrive.com/

I have to say, I have NEVER seen anything like this before. He was practicing on the launch monitor and I stopped to watch and chat to him. His stats were simply staggering. Clubhead speed was around 135mph and ball speed around 180mph. He showed me his driver, 4.5 degrees with an XX stiff shaft. He was consistently hitting around 370 yards on the monitor and getting the odd one out to 380.

I bet he can't putt to save his life though Run

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 07 Oct 2011, 1:58 am

You should be in a bar, watching the Yankees game. Ale

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 11 Oct 2011, 12:29 pm

Just noticed I went to school with that Adam Werrity character, even though he was three years younger he looks about 10 years older than me. All that travelling must have added the years.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:16 am

Has anyone else ever had that split second of panic when they look in the dunnie after a dump and see red....then the wonderful relief when you remember you had a lot of beetroot with dinner the previous night?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:30 am

JAS wrote:Has anyone else ever had that split second of panic when they look in the dunnie after a dump and see red....then the wonderful relief when you remember you had a lot of beetroot with dinner the previous night?

No but I have had the one where you spend 30minutes trying to get it out, almost popping a blood vessel or 10 in the attempt to part with it. Wondering what the hell has caused it and when looking back down at it, it resembles of all things a jet black oak tree then suddenly remebered the 14 pints of guiness comsumed at the previous days Paddys day golf outing. guinness Erm

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:44 am

have you ever went to the bog in a foreign land after a long flight and not realised that as the toilet has hardly any water in it and a slight shelf that when you glance down your jobby is poking out the bowl like a prize hooded cobra pounced and ready to attack you

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:54 am

Traka

No, why one earth would you share that with us you sick puppy?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:18 pm

McLaren wrote:Traka

No, why one earth would you share that with us you sick puppy?

left it in situ for the missus to see while i cracked open a cold frothy lager on the balcony while she emptied the case, ear piercing scream it was

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:25 pm

Charming.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:30 pm

McLaren wrote:Charming.
only a bit of fun, just consulting my holiday photos there, best described as a baseball bat wrapped in a bin bag

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:44 pm

I bet your wife thought it was funny, just think if you had left her something nice that she likes you might have been enjoying something slightly more than a beer that evening?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:00 pm

McLaren wrote:I bet your wife thought it was funny, just think if you had left her something nice that she likes you might have been enjoying something slightly more than a beer that evening?

yeah well she done her usual and contributed sod all to a carribbean holiday for starters

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:12 pm

Tarka
In another life were you a 'Carry On' scriptwriter?

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:16 pm

If you are so bitter about it why bring her on holiday but if it is really the case that you grudge paying for your wife to come on holiday then maybe you are not such a great husband?

If my girlfriend could not afford come on holiday I wouldn't hesitate to pay her share.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:33 pm

McLaren wrote:If you are so bitter about it why bring her on holiday but if it is really the case that you grudge paying for your wife to come on holiday then maybe you are not such a great husband?

If my girlfriend could not afford come on holiday I wouldn't hesitate to pay her share.

Wouldn't really say i was bitter about it McLaren my friend, I just wish I was such a wet blanket like you. Your girlfriend I have heard is relatively low maintainance though, but air isn't free from the petrol station now, that as well as the rising price of puncture repair kits.

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:43 pm

McLaren wrote:If you are so bitter about it why bring her on holiday but if it is really the case that you grudge paying for your wife to come on holiday then maybe you are not such a great husband?

Especially as kids go half price eh Mac?

Sorry, but that was a tap in.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Fri 14 Oct 2011, 3:30 pm

super_realist wrote:

Especially as kids go half price eh Mac?

Sorry, but that was a tap in.

It's all right she can just get on her broom stick

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Fri 14 Oct 2011, 4:00 pm

Made the mistake of taking my then girlfriend on holiday once.......never again!

Having your gf / wife on holiday with you spoils all the fun, all they do is complain (well, unless it's you know who ha ha!), and watch you get the beers in.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 14 Oct 2011, 5:27 pm

You guys need to get better wifes or girlfriends, I can think of no one else I would rather go on holiday with.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri 14 Oct 2011, 5:38 pm

Mac, I assume your Mrs checks your posts on here?? Laugh

If any of you were going out with Bella Emberg you'd take her on your hols in a heartbeat
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri 14 Oct 2011, 5:45 pm

McLaren wrote:You guys need to get better wifes or girlfriends, I can think of no one else I would rather go on holiday with.

Personally I prefer to go on holiday with the girlfriend rather than the wife... Wink

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Fri 14 Oct 2011, 5:49 pm

McLaren wrote:You guys need to get better wifes or girlfriends, I can think of no one else I would rather go on holiday with.

Why would you want to take our wifes and girlfriends on holiday?

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri 14 Oct 2011, 6:54 pm

I would rather leave the wife & girlfriend at home they only argue with each other when we all go away. So Mac how about I take yours with me instead as long as she's not a munter as is above legal age

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue 18 Oct 2011, 5:20 pm

Is anyone brave enough on here to post a pic? Would be interesting to put faces to the monikers! If there is enough interest, I'll start a rogues gallery thread Very Happy

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 18 Oct 2011, 7:59 pm

My "standard" picture is well used on other websites (facebook etc) - no problem adding to the rogues' gallery. I also have a golf pic that I have posted on non-golf forums and even there I get lots of comments about the bent left arm (even from non-golf "experts"!)

I'd be less keen on exposing some of the good players on here to that Wink

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 18 Oct 2011, 11:08 pm

Drive, some holiday pics of some courses would be great even if yout mug isnt in them. I love pictures of courses.

Davie

Is that a bent arm a la lee westwood?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 18 Oct 2011, 11:28 pm

aye come on D4S, I would have expected a blog (ok perhaps not on this thread ) we'd all like some enlightenment on the courses you played. I hereby promise I'll do the same when I go to the MP and CSL at xmas.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 19 Oct 2011, 12:37 pm

Why is it that when you step on to a stationary escalator you get a feeling of disorientation, even though you know the escalator isn't moving? Also, when you get to the top / bottom and step off, you get that same sense of disorientation again, when effectively all you have done is walk up a flight of stairs.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 19 Oct 2011, 12:39 pm

Good question Ray, I've encountered that before too, and I'll pose another unanswerable question: Why do women take so long at cash machines?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 19 Oct 2011, 12:42 pm

super_realist wrote:Good question Ray, I've encountered that before too, and I'll pose another unanswerable question: Why do women take so long at cash machines?

For exactly the same reason they take so long at supermarket checkouts. It's that element of surprise, the unexpected shock that they have to pay for their purchases which means they have to delve into their bag to find their purse. Then spend an age looking to see if they have the correct amount of cash before giving up and paying by plastic.

Come on ladies, it's not rocket surgery or brain science! Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Wed 19 Oct 2011, 12:45 pm

drive4show wrote:
super_realist wrote:Good question Ray, I've encountered that before too, and I'll pose another unanswerable question: Why do women take so long at cash machines?

For exactly the same reason they take so long at supermarket checkouts. It's that element of surprise, the unexpected shock that they have to pay for their purchases which means they have to delve into their bag to find their purse. Then spend an age looking to see if they have the correct amount of cash before giving up and paying by plastic.

Come on ladies, it's not rocket surgery or brain science! Wink

And I always thought it was because they were trying to remember their husbands pin number!

Oops sorry gael and LP. Shocked
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Sat 22 Oct 2011, 10:25 pm

As I was stuck behind a mixed comp today, and I have discovered that women cant talk and play golf at the same time, the fourball we were behind,(they teed off well over an hour before us, ok we were only a 3 ball, we caught them up on the 5th hole) but these 2 ladies seem to just stand on the tee and talk and talk and talk and talk, after 9 holes we decided to play the front 9 again, would have been surprised if they got round in less than 7 hours.

Sorry gael and LP, but these 2 would give all Ladies golfers a bad name.

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue 25 Oct 2011, 12:57 pm

Has anyone come across a training aid called a 'K Vest'? It is a harness that straps sensors to your body to take various measurements during the swing. It is truly an astonishing piece of kit.
I enrolled with a new coach last week who works with many tour players and elite amateurs. He uses the K vest and some of the output from it blew my mind. Did you know that my hip turn is 31 degrees and I start my downswing with my hands before my hips? No, neither did I until last Saturday! It produces 3D graphics on a screen that can analysed and used as pointers to work on. This device is a million light years ahead of the video camera.

I would however only recommend this device for those that like the technical aspects of the golf swing, not really for the 'feel' player.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue 25 Oct 2011, 1:05 pm

Not my type of thing,

When I was at the top of my game, our county coach used to put us through all sorts of different things, but couldn't do anything with me.

He put all the lads on this kind of hamster wheel and got us to swing, most were fine, but I couldnt get the club to start a back swing.

His comment was somethinga long the lines of, 'I dont know how he gets it back, or starts on teh way down, but the last 30 cm of the swing is technically perfect!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue 25 Oct 2011, 1:10 pm

Sounds very interesting to me D4S i'd say thats worthy of a thread alone, off to google and look at this bit of kit i'd never heard of but would be interested in looking at

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue 25 Oct 2011, 1:23 pm

Everything you need to know here including video clips etc

www.k-vest.com

thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 26 Oct 2011, 4:13 pm

Any chance of a copy of the update contact list we used to have as I'd like to look at making some away trips next year, a golfing road trip of sorts and see who fancies a meet up

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 26 Oct 2011, 6:35 pm

Sent Mav thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Wed 26 Oct 2011, 6:40 pm

Does anyone watch Pointless?

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 26 Oct 2011, 6:53 pm

Nah, much prefer Weakest Link.

I can imagine that Mac is a male version of Anne Robinson Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Wed 26 Oct 2011, 7:02 pm

I can just picture him standing there,

Mac - so your hobby is course architecture

Contestant - yes, it is a passion

Mac - So have you played TOC

Contestant - I have, but was not a fan of the lay out

Mac - WHAT, good bye you are the weakest link

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 26 Oct 2011, 8:54 pm

I like pointless and egg heads. Not to forget million pound drop, although that is partly to do with the gorgeous davina mccall.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 26 Oct 2011, 8:54 pm

McLaren wrote:that is partly to do with the gorgeous davina mccall.

Now I'm REALLY worried about you...

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 26 Oct 2011, 8:55 pm

Why?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 26 Oct 2011, 8:58 pm

Davie wrote:
McLaren wrote:that is partly to do with the gorgeous davina mccall.

Now I'm REALLY worried about you...

She is one of the most irritating female television presenters around. In fact, along with Vanessa Feltz and Cheryl Cole she is part of the "Triumverate of the Wretched".

Not to mention her "gugget" vomit looks.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Wed 26 Oct 2011, 9:11 pm

Did you see pointless yesterday Mac

The question was name the types of golf clubs,

First team, went for wedges, 2 second team went for woods

Hybrids were a pointless answer, and when asked if team 1 one played golf, they said yes, we thought of hybrids but thought they would be too obscure.

Idiots

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Wed 26 Oct 2011, 9:15 pm

CJ from Eggheads is almost as annoying as Keizo. Perhaps they're related.

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 26 Oct 2011, 9:16 pm

Funnily enough, I did see this.

It was a stupidly worded questions - I suggested lob wedge and recovery wood which would have been counted as "wedges" and "woods" respectively. I really like it usually but that round annoyed me.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 26 Oct 2011, 9:18 pm

I'm definitely with Mac on Davina McCall, at least in the looks department

randy

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next